Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Your Best And Worst Super Eagles Players In This AFCON Competition. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Best And Worst Super Eagles Players In This AFCON Competition. (768 Views)

The Best And Worst Of Nigerian Footballers Abroad / Super Eagles Players All Smiles After Defeating Argentina / Super Eagles Players Pour Water On Mikel In The Dressing Room. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Best And Worst Super Eagles Players In This AFCON Competition. by aliondo: 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
Super Eagles recently finished 3rd in this year's (2019) AFCON Competition but there were players that stood out with wonderful performances for the Eagles.

Many will agree that a football match is not complete or won without goals and as such, most of the accolades for best player should be reserved for our striker in Odion Jude Ighalo who finished the tournament with 5 goals and may end up as the highest goal scorer pending the match between Algeria and Senegal.

Also not ignoring our defence wall with the pair of Kenneth Omeruo and William Troost-Ekong who performed well despite the shaky performance against Algeria.

Samuel Chukwueze with his debut for the national team at the AFCON dazzled with his dribbles, star-studded performances and also ended up with a goal.

For me, I have decided on my favourite to be Oghenekaro Etebo (due to his consistency in the midfield) which I know may come as a surprise to many.

As for my worst player.i will go with Paul Onuachu because the few times he came in for Ighalo, he was largely disappointing and failed to fill in the striker role.

Who were your best/worst Super Eagles player (s) in this AFCON?

Cc: lalasticala
Re: Your Best And Worst Super Eagles Players In This AFCON Competition. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 18, 2019
Chukwueze was good but I'll pick Awaziem as my best Nigerian player. After replacing Shehu Abdullahi in the first game, I thought he would come off as a bad replacement, but I was wrong. Playing his first few caps for the SEs and as a first timer in the competition, Awaziem performed really well, he was rock solid and difficult to beat.

My worst player was our first choice goalkeeper, Daniel Akpeyi.
Re: Your Best And Worst Super Eagles Players In This AFCON Competition. by aliondo: 10:19am On Jul 19, 2019
GeniusWannabe:
Chukwueze was good but I'll pick Awaziem as my best Nigerian player. After replacing Shehu Abdullahi in the first game, I thought he would come off as a bad replacement, but I was wrong. Playing his first few caps for the SEs and as a first timer in the competition, Awaziem performed really well, he was rock solid and difficult to beat.

My worst player was our first choice goalkeeper, Daniel Akpeyi.

Not a bad pick tho....Our goalkeeping department can do better..

(1) (Reply)

Lol, I Cant Stop Laughing, Pogba And Rashford Lol....... / ‘messi Is The Greatest Footballer Of All Time’- Premier League Star Says / Watch! Borussia Dortmund Stadium Is A Beauty To Behold As They Welcome Psg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.