Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,895 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje (14300 Views)

Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal / Court Discharged & Acquitted Jonah Jang Of N6.3 Billion Corruption charges (pix) / Court Acquits Jonah Jang Of ₦6.3 Billion Corruption Charge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 19, 2019
The senator representing Gombe Central Senatorial District, Danjuma Goje, has said at no time did he faced corruption charge totaling N25 billion.

Mr Goje, a former governor of Gombe State, disclosed this in a statement on Thursday in Abuja.

The statement signed by Paul Erokoro, lawyer to the senator, said the claim was “inaccurate and untrue.”

Mr Erokoro was reacting to recent reports in the media that corruption charge being faced by the senator were withdrawn following his decision to step down from the Senate president race in June.

He insisted that the actual amount mentioned in the charge was N9 billion.

“The so-called “N25b fraud” that has been bandied about in the media, never featured in the case.

“The sum total of all the monies mentioned in the charge was about N8b.

“Of that total, N5billion was a loan taken from Access Bank for completion of infrastructural projects such as the Gombe airport, waterworks, numerous roads, Gombe Jewel Hotels, schools, hospitals and rural electrification.

“The bank testified in Court that the money was properly utilised for the projects. The EFCC investigators also confirmed to the Court that the projects were all completed.”

On the N1 billion agricultural loan, he said the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) had testified in court that the loan was utilised in full compliance with the bank’s loan conditions.

“Other witnesses told the court that the governor never awarded any contract for the supply of food to Government House and Government Guest Houses during his tenure for the N1 billion alleged in the charge or for any other sum.

“On the N1.6 billion for the supply of English Dictionaries for primary and secondary schools, the Court was told that Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) gave its approval and that the contract was advertised in two newspapers and that reputable book publishers and suppliers tendered and that State Universal Basic Education Board awarded the contract to the lowest bidder.”

He said all the 19 counts of the charge around the above monetary issues collapsed during the trial.

He said because the prosecution witnesses completely exonerated the defendants was why the 19 counts were all dismissed by the court, on the the ground of No Case submission.

He added that the star witness of the Prosecution, a senior EFCC operative who headed the investigation, told the court that throughout their investigation, no money belonging to the Gombe State Government was traced to the Governor, his family members or associates.

He said because of their embarrassing nature, the two counts of the charge were withdrawn by the Attorney-General of the Federation and not on political negotiation as being speculated.

(NAN)

Source:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/341666-i-never-faced-n25-billion-corruption-charge-goje.html

2 Likes

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by W3xy1(m): 6:41am On Jul 19, 2019
Once you are in Apc, you are a new soul. All your sins are forgiven

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by Advantaged1: 6:42am On Jul 19, 2019
There can never be an end to human want. Solomon the wealthiest king in the bible, after chasing 700wives, 300 girlfriends/babymamas and satisfying his curiosity still came to the conclusion 'all is vanity'.

See Jesus is the answer for mans problem. Allow Him into your life today and vanity would be the least of your worries. Just let Jesus become Lord and King over your affairs. Remember He died for our sins and rose again that we might be able to live a new life in Him and conquer the power of sin.

Just say this prayer.
Lord Jesus.
Forgive me for my wrong deeds of time past.
I acknowledge my ways before have been sinful
And acknowledge that You died and rose again to deliver me from this burden of sin.
Cleans my heart
Come into my life
I confess you as Lord over my life.
In Jesus name I pray.
Amen.

Welcome pal to the new life.
............................................................................................

On this gombe guy.

Well, this is Nigeria

13 Likes

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by unitysheart(m): 6:42am On Jul 19, 2019
If this is true then no case

3 Likes

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by Ogecharm: 6:42am On Jul 19, 2019
its alright, Nigeria is a zoo

4 Likes

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by nonxo007(m): 6:43am On Jul 19, 2019
This is no longer one chance,we have been hijacked

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by amalab30(m): 6:43am On Jul 19, 2019
When is Nigeria due for Death Penalties for these Vagabonds In Power?

We need this now!

3 Likes

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by Blessed13(m): 6:43am On Jul 19, 2019
Hmm so he stole 8bn instead of 25bn as if it is not still the corruption that's been talked about Mtcheewwww

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by GentleMoney: 6:43am On Jul 19, 2019

5 Likes

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by Cocolatti(m): 6:44am On Jul 19, 2019
Saint Goje

5 Likes

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by nurex01(m): 6:44am On Jul 19, 2019
Do you think this government is Saint?
If yes click Share
If no click like

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by Dsimple: 6:45am On Jul 19, 2019
[/b]So stealing mere 9 billion shouldn't be penalised because you are an elite. This country is a big joke, and jungle justice is being melted out on people whom you and your likes frustrates to engaging in crimes.
God is watching you all including the president who on a daily basis is making the works of those defending his every actions more tedious[b]

1 Like

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by stonegarden: 6:45am On Jul 19, 2019
Guess he has joined the stealing is not corruption crew but this is much worse. However, when all the heads of security are all of the same tribe, religion and speak Hausa Fulani in meetings just know that there's an agenda and a very evil one at that but God is more than them. All the integrity that has been somebody's selling point has evaporated like a can of fuel under the sun

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 19, 2019
Did I just read 1billion nai for English dictionary? Hei!!! Thunder where are you ooo...

7 Likes

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by chrisxxx(m): 6:45am On Jul 19, 2019
25b oh 9b oh which one better? Goje gojeje abeg.

3 Likes

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by anonimi: 6:46am On Jul 19, 2019
Gracealone:
The senator representing Gombe Central Senatorial District, Danjuma Goje, has said at no time did he faced corruption charge totaling N25 billion.

Mr Goje, a former governor of Gombe State, disclosed this in a statement on Thursday in Abuja.

The statement signed by Paul Erokoro, lawyer to the senator, said the claim was “inaccurate and untrue.”

Mr Erokoro was reacting to recent reports in the media that corruption charge being faced by the senator were withdrawn following his decision to step down from the Senate president race in June.

He insisted that the actual amount mentioned in the charge was N9 billion.

“The so-called “N25b fraud” that has been bandied about in the media, never featured in the case.

“The sum total of all the monies mentioned in the charge was about N8b.

Please can I join the zombies this time to hail the saints in the Alliance of Past/Present Crooks, APC who are protected by their Baba Isale of corruption, barawo bubu and his Go & Die comrade of sin no more Oshi-omo-ole

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3900895_tmpfbimg14671496201601359061659_jpeg16b35e0420df707155480a7e11564764

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by RDPMAN: 6:46am On Jul 19, 2019
Okay
Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by VillagePipu: 6:47am On Jul 19, 2019
Ogecharm:
its alright, Nigeria is a zoo

And your parents are living in the zoo. That makes them what?

2 Likes

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by Tonero231: 6:48am On Jul 19, 2019
When I see the broom, I will pass over you. U have no case to answer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by rodshafas87(m): 6:48am On Jul 19, 2019
Las las na 9ja we dey

1 Like

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by ishawlar: 6:48am On Jul 19, 2019
Why are this people doing like this? Calling Billions of Naira asif they are say buy me table water. Very soon i will be rich than Nigeria cos they will steal all the money in reseved finish. Stoopid

2 Likes

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by Blessed13(m): 6:48am On Jul 19, 2019
[b]completion of infrastructural projects such as the Gombe airport, waterworks, numerous roads, Gombe Jewel Hotels, [/b]Sounds exactly like the Nigeria politicians that we know

2 Likes

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by anonimi: 6:48am On Jul 19, 2019
amalab30:
When is Nigeria due for Death Penalties for these Vagabonds In Power?

We need this now!

Are you sure that WE need death penalty for OUR vagabonds in power who ably represent us, the hailing masses

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2174510_nigeriansmobmentality_jpegd710c25fa577a4f0fb35da579ff1eb3d

4 Likes

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by qmd24(m): 6:48am On Jul 19, 2019
W3xy1:
Once you are in Apc, you are a new soul. All your sins are forgiven

2 Likes

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by Dandsome: 6:49am On Jul 19, 2019
How much was leveled against metuh again?

1 Like

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 19, 2019
Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by sebali: 6:50am On Jul 19, 2019
Story for the gods.
Who else has noticed Northern Elites using Southerners as their lawyers and spoke persons.
My conclusion is they know that when it comes to brains it's in the South so they ensure they get the best, at this level they refuse to be nepotic but when it comes to heading government parastraters they remember their own people whom they usually refuse to employ on a personal level.

Conclusion.. The best is good to serve them on a personal level but any Abo.ki can serve the government. Hypocrisy at it's peak.

1 Like

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by Paperwhite(m): 6:50am On Jul 19, 2019
Anti-corruption fighting gofment.

1 Like

Re: I Never Faced N25 Billion Corruption Charge – Goje by straighttalk(m): 6:51am On Jul 19, 2019
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Security Agents Evict Diaspora Commission Staff From Office / WTO: Nigeria Is Number One Importer In Africa / How Igbos Were Treated In The North - Ena Ofugara From Urhobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.