Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation (13783 Views)

Nigeria Election Analysis Base On Forensic Final Validation Result / Nigerian Embassy In France Calls Police On EndSARS Protesters / Godswill Akpabio Insist on Forensic Audit of NDDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by wink2015(m): 8:03am On Jul 19, 2019
JosEast:
The Republic of Korea, through its grant aid and technical cooperation agency, Korea International Cooperation Agency, (KOICA), has organised a three-year training programme for 45 Nigerian police personnel. The training titled “Strengthening the Capacity of Nigeria Police Force in Forensic Training” is expected to start from 2019 to 2022, with annual participation of 15 officers undertaking a 3-week course in Seoul, Korea, a statement by KOICA said.

The statement said the Korean Ambassador, Major-Gen. Lee In-Tae (rtd.) stressed the importance of national security to economic advancement. Also speaking, the Inspector General of Police (IGP) Mohammed Adamu commended KOICA for supporting the Nigeria Police in critical security areas.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/korea-to-train-45-police-on-forensic-investigation.html

They should have been more specific by referring to the country as SOUTH KOREA.

We have the democratic people 's republic of Korea referred to NORTH KOREA .

Some of the scholarship that the federal government seems to be issuing out lack strategic national interest and it is filled with lost of priority.

Why not send our graduates to study forensic sciences or go to our graduate database in which they can get get some trained hands.

There is so much laxity in our government institutions in Nigeria as far as policy making is concerned.
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by KmniAutos(m): 8:03am On Jul 19, 2019
Just 45 out of 300000 police men lipsrsealed
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 19, 2019
Britzdon:

What do you know about Korea ? They are not mates with Nigeria .

I KNOW A LOT ABOUT KOREA, I KNOW ABOUT KOREA AND HER HISTORY THAN I KNOW ABOUT NIGERIA,

KOREANS ARE HIGHLY INTELLIGENT PEOPLE, I BELIEVE THEY ARE THE MOST INTELLIGENT GROUP OF PEOPLE ON EARTH, BUT I RESPECT JAPAN.

NIGERIA WAS BETTER THAN KOREA IN THE EARLY 60s.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by themanderon: 8:07am On Jul 19, 2019
The same Korea we started together we now run to them to help us train our police, Malaysia that took palm kernel from us, today they are one of the foremost producers of the commodity and some people still don't think there is something fundamentally wrong with this shithole.
Its even made worst by the fact that we now have a fundamentalist president who is hell bent on returning the nation back to the stone age with his antiquated method of handling issues. The nation is truly messed up.
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by sirusX(m): 8:08am On Jul 19, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

36... Not all states must have a forensic centre. There are police divisions.

Time is key for certain situations....and I don't believe that they would start flying officers here and there for cases

It's best every state has the facility to cater for its need and seek outside help only when needed
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by GoodMuyis(m): 8:09am On Jul 19, 2019
gaetano:
By 1960 when we gained independence, where was Korea republic? grin grin

Nigeria is anti-progress

The South Korea is just recovering from its 5 years war from its neighbor North Korea as at 1960. What gives them rabid growth is their leaders vision. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War

By the time the war is over and united nation had help South Korea to push back North Korea backed by China, the leaders of SK resolve to control population through birth control to avoid starvation due to low resources....

To save their country the government introduced, a very low interest rate loan for those going into production... As at today a citizen of SK can get a loan for less than 0.9 percent while non citizens get less than 3.5. Lending to other countries goes for less than 5.0.

There is a lot Nigeria could learn from South Korea how they managed their country.

The details am giving you are from my brother's book yet to be publish, who was in S. Korea for a state sponsored program like this.
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by jamace(m): 8:10am On Jul 19, 2019
The Nigerian mentality nko? Will it be washed away from their blood stream during this training?
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by opeyehmmy(m): 8:11am On Jul 19, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

You dont need the entire police force to be forensic inclined. There are different departments within the force......
As if i don't know what I'm talking about... Tell me more.
And if i may ask, how many states do we have in the country? So, at least, one of them would be deployed to a state. Isn't it? Then how do you think he'll work with other novices when it comes to forensics. And do u know that two good heads are better than one?
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 19, 2019
Isinweke:
KOREA OF YESTERDAY NOW TRAIN THEIR SENIOR.
which Korea is yesterday? can any African country withstand any of the Korea in military capability?
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by mknigeriagreat: 8:12am On Jul 19, 2019
sirusX:

Time is key for certain situations....and I don't believe that they would start flying officers here and there for cases

It's best every state has the facility to cater for its need and seek outside help only when needed

Well I like your submission but forensic cases are not everyday cases. They are very rare cases. Even in advance countries they fly experts in from different states and locations. My own submission is if we create that dept in every state, they will be very redundant because there will be no or little work for them and govt will be paying them for sitting doing nothing at work. Same issues we are battling now with the Civil Service where you have about 50% of them doing nothing and govt pays them every month. They bring nothing to the table and they eat everything.
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by Zomezaz: 8:15am On Jul 19, 2019
H
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by Nobody: 8:17am On Jul 19, 2019
Pavore9:

Never more developed than Korea! Provide credible data to back your position.

I SHOULD PROVIDE EVIDENCE THAT NIGERIA WAS MORE DEVELOPED THAN KOREA IN THE EARLY 1960?

GO AND YOUR RESEARCH FOR YOURSELF, I'M NOT GIVING ANY EVIDENCE

1 Share

Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by nnokwa042(m): 8:18am On Jul 19, 2019
Isinweke:

WE WERE ONCE RICHER AND MORE DEVELOPED THAN KOREA, THAT'S EARLY WHEN WE GOT INDEPENDENT, JAPAN COLONIZED THEM.
oga go to you tube and watch Korea from 1940 till date and and watch Nigeria from 1970 then tell me what you see,
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by edon21: 8:19am On Jul 19, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
The title shoudl have been " Koreans waste time and resources training the most useless police force on the planet on forensic investigation"
i know you are a South African. how dare you call our police force most useless at the expense of yours? stop spewing rubbish. show some respect
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by edon21: 8:21am On Jul 19, 2019
nnokwa042:
oga go to you tube and watch Korea from 1940 till date and and watch Nigeria from 1970 then tell me what you see,
Korea has almost nothing before. only fdi boosted them. there was such time when Nigeria's foreign reserve was the 2nd highest in the world
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by AFONJACOW(m): 8:21am On Jul 19, 2019
Road block and 50naira they collect from motorist will not allow them to learn... Infact u won't see intelligent officer from South going for thís internship, all u will see nah aboki them
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by GoodMuyis(m): 8:24am On Jul 19, 2019
Isinweke:

I SHOULD PROVIDE EVIDENCE THAT NIGERIA WAS MORE DEVELOPED THAN KOREA IN THE EARLY 1960?

GO AND YOUR RESEARCH FOR YOURSELF, I'M NOT GIVING ANY EVIDENCE

That was because of war, their Agriculture produce was to feed themselves first as at that time and they don't have oil.

1 Like

Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by Lugianostar(m): 8:26am On Jul 19, 2019
Great news but will be for those that have connection with the corridors of power.

Another set of corrupt selection uploading...!

Am only concern they don't use what they were taught against us and add treasures to their cabal bullion van..

God will so help us to see our enemies so defeated before our very eyes.
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by zealadjay(m): 8:28am On Jul 19, 2019
JosEast:
The Republic of Korea, through its grant aid and technical cooperation agency, Korea International Cooperation Agency, (KOICA), has organised a three-year training programme for 45 Nigerian police personnel. The training titled “Strengthening the Capacity of Nigeria Police Force in Forensic Training” is expected to start from 2019 to 2022, with annual participation of 15 officers undertaking a 3-week course in Seoul, Korea, a statement by KOICA said.

The statement said the Korean Ambassador, Major-Gen. Lee In-Tae (rtd.) stressed the importance of national security to economic advancement. Also speaking, the Inspector General of Police (IGP) Mohammed Adamu commended KOICA for supporting the Nigeria Police in critical security areas.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/korea-to-train-45-police-on-forensic-investigation.html

Las! Las!, na money deir mind go still dey after d Learning...

Probably, waste

Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by opeyehmmy(m): 8:32am On Jul 19, 2019
mknigeriagreat:

Well I like your submission but forensic cases are not everyday cases. They are very rare cases. Even in advance countries they fly experts in from different states and locations. My own submission is if we create that dept in every state, they will be very redundant because there will be no or little work for them and govt will be paying them for sitting doing nothing at work. Same issues we are battling now with the Civil Service where you have about 50% of them doing nothing and govt pays them every month. They bring nothing to the table and they eat everything.
That's d norm here in this part of the world. We are used to it, it's nothing new. Lots of redundant ministries, unproductive ministries even the Legislators too.
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by tyup(m): 8:37am On Jul 19, 2019
Isinweke:

I KNOW A LOT ABOUT KOREA, I KNOW ABOUT KOREA AND HER HISTORY THAN I KNOW ABOUT NIGERIA,

KOREANS ARE HIGHLY INTELLIGENT PEOPLE, I BELIEVE THEY ARE THE MOST INTELLIGENT GROUP OF PEOPLE ON EARTH, BUT I RESPECT JAPAN.

NIGERIA WAS BETTER THAN KOREA IN THE EARLY 60s.

we know but oga tell us better than Korea in terms of what? go straight to the point and stop beating about the bush
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by MobilityExpress: 8:38am On Jul 19, 2019
Abeg, they should let the American FBI train them in forensics, not Korea. Our gallant police officers deserve the best. God bless the NPF, especially the gallant officers the field working hard daily at the risk of their lives to keep our society safe from criminals.
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by loganx: 9:00am On Jul 19, 2019
Nigeria does not have electricity to power up homes, offices and industries, every other thing is secondary.
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by miliroyale: 9:08am On Jul 19, 2019
This big country.. na only 45 them won train
Na wa ooo
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by Jaqenhghar: 9:13am On Jul 19, 2019
edon21:
i know you are a South African. how dare you call our police force most useless at the expense of yours? stop spewing rubbish. show some respect
Im tired of you niggers and your assumptions. Is it only foreigners that can criticize the country? Respect my ass. Give me something to respect instead of yammering like one voo doo priest

1 Like

Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by GenFunction: 9:21am On Jul 19, 2019
45 blockheads,
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by peteofi(m): 9:29am On Jul 19, 2019
Isinweke:
KOREA OF YESTERDAY NOW TRAIN THEIR SENIOR.
I tire my brother.
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by mknigeriagreat: 9:31am On Jul 19, 2019
opeyehmmy:

That's d norm here in this part of the world. We are used to it, it's nothing new. Lots of redundant ministries, unproductive ministries even the Legislators too.

Gbam. The legislators part is the hammer on the nail head and you are right 100%. I told a friend that if we eradicate the legislative arm of our Nigeria government, we won't miss them a bit. I don't see what they bring to the table. They are like termites. Very deadly parasite. That said are you into adverts? Need to offload a vehicle ASAP for some coming in.

1 Like

Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by Mcreloaded(m): 9:40am On Jul 19, 2019
Untill the day Nigerian police can lift finger prints from a crime sceen and use it to persecute criminals in court using a sound data base.
Untill then the Nigerian police are just pathetic.
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by Rasbel(m): 9:40am On Jul 19, 2019
emmanuel596:
Weekend domestic chores

If you are in Abuja and you want someone to come help do weekend chores we Can cook, wash, clean houses, babysit, etc...
We are available on weekends and any other days

Chat/call on 08100512270

Wow... May God bless your hustle
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by MyGeneration(m): 10:08am On Jul 19, 2019
waste of training, these people even if america trains them on how to see even the past future and presence they will still arrest you for a crime you didnt commit just because they want to collect bail money
Re: Korea To Train 45 Police On Forensic Investigation by emmanuel596(m): 10:29am On Jul 19, 2019
Rasbel:

Wow... May God bless your hustle

Amen thanks God bless

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidential Appeal Panel: CUPP Alleges Plot By APC, CJN To Jettison Seniority / Umahi's Cabinet Members Test Positive For Coronavirus, Governor Shuts Offices / Sokoto: PRP Collapses Party Structures, Candidates Join APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.