Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi (25483 Views)

Suspected Criminal Caught Robbing Victim In Broad Daylight In Bayelsa / Suspected Criminal Beaten To Pulp For Stealing Gas Cylinder In Bayelsa (Photos) / Efcc Storms Notorious Yahoo Boys Hide Out In Uniben(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by hardtoget: 4:49pm On Jul 19, 2019
He wrote as follows:

SUSPECTED CRIMINAL HIDE OUT SPOT AT OSHODI

The bus in the picture is the new stationed home of criminals around the Oshodi axis.

The bus which is abandoned in front of a company next to Ebony Life TV on Industrial Avenue road which also houses institutions like Glaxo Smithklin GSK, Union Bank, The Fountain of Life Church, Nestle PLC, Nicapaco, UBA Bank, and the rest, now serves as a means to exploiting innocent citizens by some Oshodi bad boys.

Preliminary investigation done by my team has it that the vehicle has been parked and abandoned there for close to a year, and countless number of innocent people have been victims of harassment and robbery at that same spot within the past one year.

Three security guards working with some of the companies around where the bus is parked who spoke to us in anonymity disclosed that; the Oshodi boys usually sleep and hide inside the bus at night to carry out their criminal acts on persons either going home from work at night or those going to work in the early hours of the morning. We also gathered that they sometimes use Keke Marwa and Okada to rob people of their belongings and snatch bags and phones of especially ladies.

Aside two of my fans who has reportedly said they were attacked and dispossessed of their bags, phones and other items at that spot, the security guards also mentioned several other criminal incidences like deflation of tyres of vehicles parked around the spot to rob the owners while trying to replace the tyres, amongst others.

To our amazement, we discovered during the cause of our investigation that the Ilupeju Police Division is just a few metres away from where the bus is parked, while the LASTMA office at Oshodi is on the other side where the newly constructed Oshodi bus terminal 3 is located.

While we were still trying to gather more information about the bus and the heavy criminal activities going on there, we sighted and flagged down one Ilupeju Police Division bus (painted in Police colour) which came to buy fuel at the Total filling station beside PZ Industries; to share our observations with them, but they immediately yelled at us shouting that we should go and remove the vehicle by ourselves. #PoliceToo?... Na wa o. Hmmm!

As responsible citizens of this country, we are expected to join forces with both the government and the security agencies to fight insecurity in the state and Nigeria as a whole by reporting any security threats, criminal acts and or conspiracies to the relevant security agencies.

To this end, we want to use this medium to call on the Lagos State Government, Governor, the Nigerian Police Force, and LASTMA to look into this issue and help the innocent and helpless citizens around the affected area to bring a lasting solution to this matter. We trust that the governor @jide-sanwolu will won't see this report and keep quiet.

Also, as long and as dangerous as Industrial Avenue road is for passers by and motorists, especially at night, the presence of the Police is not felt there at all. Please we appeal to the Nigeria Police Force to help us provide more security patrol functions to that areas for the safety of lives and property.

Source https://thickmatch.com/man-raises-alarm-suspected-criminal-hide-spot-oshodi/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by hardtoget: 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2019

Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by ITGTRAVELS: 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2019
hardtoget:
He wrote as follows:

The bus in the picture is the new stationed home of criminals around the Oshodi axis.

The bus which is abandoned in front of a company next to Ebony Life TV on Industrial Avenue road which also houses institutions like Glaxo Smithklin GSK, Union Bank, The Fountain of Life Church, Nestle PLC, Nicapaco, UBA Bank, and the rest, now serves as a means to exploiting innocent citizens by some Oshodi bad boys.

Preliminary investigation done by my team has it that the vehicle has been parked and abandoned there for close to a year, and countless number of innocent people have been victims of harassment and robbery at that same spot within the past one year.

Three security guards working with some of the companies around where the bus is parked who spoke to us in anonymity disclosed that; the Oshodi boys usually sleep and hide inside the bus at night to carry out their criminal acts on persons either going home from work at night or those going to work in the early hours of the morning. We also gathered that they sometimes use Keke Marwa and Okada to rob people of their belongings and snatch bags and phones of especially ladies.

Aside two of my fans who has reportedly said they were attacked and dispossessed of their bags, phones and other items at that spot, the security guards also mentioned several other criminal incidences like deflation of tyres of vehicles parked around the spot to rob the owners while trying to replace the tyres, amongst others.

To our amazement, we discovered during the cause of our investigation that the Ilupeju Police Division is just a few metres away from where the bus is parked, while the LASTMA office at Oshodi is on the other side where the newly constructed Oshodi bus terminal 3 is located.

While we were still trying to gather more information about the bus and the heavy criminal activities going on there, we sighted and flagged down one Ilupeju Police Division bus (painted in Police colour) which came to buy fuel at the Total filling station beside PZ Industries; to share our observations with them, but they immediately yelled at us shouting that we should go and remove the vehicle by ourselves. #PoliceToo?... Na wa o. Hmmm!

As responsible citizens of this country, we are expected to join forces with both the government and the security agencies to fight insecurity in the state and Nigeria as a whole by reporting any security threats, criminal acts and or conspiracies to the relevant security agencies.

To this end, we want to use this medium to call on the Lagos State Government, Governor, the Nigerian Police Force, and LASTMA to look into this issue and help the innocent and helpless citizens around the affected area to bring a lasting solution to this matter. We trust that the governor @jide-sanwolu will won't see this report and keep quiet.

Also, as long and as dangerous as Industrial Avenue road is for passers by and motorists, especially at night, the presence of the Police is not felt there at all. Please we appeal to the Nigeria Police Force to help us provide more security patrol functions to that areas for the safety of lives and property.

Source https://thickmatch.com/man-raises-alarm-suspected-criminal-hide-spot-oshodi/
nothing will be done..We in such a useless country...even the road with pot holes we ply everyday with those in government is bin neglected for years...

11 Likes

Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by Young03(m): 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2019
ok
Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by alienvirus: 8:13pm On Jul 19, 2019
Oshodi. Home of Lagos touts. There are three specific places that I can never live in Lagos. OSHODI, MUSHIN/FADEYI, LAGOS ISLAND.

Even the new bus terminal is a resting place for Oshodi boys. Even that Oshodi shrine is a haven for them. Those boys rob with absolute confidence both morning and night.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by RDPMAN: 8:14pm On Jul 19, 2019
Cool

1 Like

Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by Vulcanheph(m): 8:14pm On Jul 19, 2019
Young03:
ok
see What Unemployment has caused our society
Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by Kendumazy(m): 8:15pm On Jul 19, 2019
I trust sanwo olu to look into it.

1 Like

Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by shaggy007(m): 8:15pm On Jul 19, 2019
ITGTRAVELS:
nothing will be done..We in such a useless country...even the road with pot holes we ply everyday with those in government is bin neglected for years...

He never said anything about the government.

You have been warned.

Let those who have ears listen.

4 Likes

Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by babzo(m): 8:15pm On Jul 19, 2019
Thankyou for making this public . Please keep doing this. Security is everyones business.
If i had my way, I would set up a secret camera there to get the screen shots of some of those hoodlums.

14 Likes

Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 19, 2019
I think the criminals who live in such conditions need rehabilitation.

It is possible that poverty has driven them into crime. I am sure if they know how to read and write, they would have joined their friends in the yahoo google business incorporated, or join the music industry to sing ghetto songs for a living. grin

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by JMK9600(f): 8:18pm On Jul 19, 2019
When it comes to taking bribes, police is our friend but when it comes to performing their constitutional duties, the citizens are on their own.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by foreshore(m): 8:18pm On Jul 19, 2019
hardtoget:
He wrote as follows:

Na today!!!
Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by patorial(m): 8:18pm On Jul 19, 2019
I don't even know if the authority Will still take this seriously, cos as it is noW non of their families has been robbed in that area

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by Lexicon123: 8:19pm On Jul 19, 2019
Op is that the only abandoned bus you’ve found in the area? Then you’ve not searched well. You’ve also left out under the bridges.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by Ipisi(m): 8:19pm On Jul 19, 2019
Hmmm....

A friend of mine was robbed at that spot sometimes last month...

SARS will see this one and not react ooooo

1 Like

Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by afonja112: 8:19pm On Jul 19, 2019
odiegwu
Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by patorial(m): 8:20pm On Jul 19, 2019
babzo:
Thankyou for making this public . Please keep doing this. Security is everyones business.
If i had my way, I would set up a secret camera there to get the screen shots of some of those hoodlums.
you mean secret cameras that will be stolen secretly?

7 Likes

Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by ITGTRAVELS: 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2019
shaggy007:

He never said anything about the government.

You have been warned.

Let those who have ears listen.
yes. He didn't.. but it's not my responsibility to safe guard myself and other citizens...dats where d govt comes in..I do not v d resources...
Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by category(m): 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2019
foreshore:

Na today!!!
Must you quote the post. Just wasting resources.
Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by babzo(m): 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2019
patorial:
you mean secret cameras that will be stolen secretly?

Bro, there are ways. Visit Israel and you ll understand!
Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by brymix: 8:24pm On Jul 19, 2019
[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by Amuocha: 8:24pm On Jul 19, 2019
Tinubu boyz

2 Likes

Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by Freshbaba95(m): 8:28pm On Jul 19, 2019
alienvirus:
Oshodi. Home of Lagos touts. There are three specific places that I can never live in Lagos. OSHODI, MUSHIN/FADEYI, LAGOS ISLAND.

Even the new bus terminal is a resting place for Oshodi boys. Even that Oshodi shrine is a haven for them. Those boys rob with absolute confidence both morning and night.

SARS no go see this one now
Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by KidsNEXTdoor: 8:30pm On Jul 19, 2019
That's where Mc oluomo boys hide

A spot marked out by Tinubu himself

Death to all godfathers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by Omonaijani: 8:31pm On Jul 19, 2019
Nigeria Police please take note and act now before they start mining people skulls there o.

https://campusbiz.com.ng/airtel-night-plan/
Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by YugoMagazine: 8:34pm On Jul 19, 2019
Law enforcement agencies should look into the matter!! wink wink

In other News'

BBNaija Housemate Nelson Exposes His Manhood On Live TV (18+photo)

Watch Here- https://www.yugo.com.ng/bbnaija-housemate-nelson-exposes-his-manhood-on-live-tv-18photo/
Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by Ten06(m): 8:38pm On Jul 19, 2019
What kind of reply do you expect from a man with only a nursery school certificate? I did not mention police in my comment
Re: Suspected Criminal Hide Out Spot At Oshodi by gcof(m): 8:38pm On Jul 19, 2019
patorial:
I don't even know if the authority Will still take this seriously, cos as it is noW non of their families has been robbed in that area
and until one of their own is affected , nothing will be done

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thugs Beat Two Brothers In Edo Over Market Fee (Graphic Photos) / Angry Mob In India Attacks Nigerian Students Accused Of Cannibalism And Murder / Missing Gold Kolawole's Mother, Modupe Kolawole: Pastor Must Find My Only Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.