Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

.... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change (4921 Views)

Mobil 1 Extended Performance On My Infiniti G25x / Mobil 1 extended performance / Football Lovers Demeanor Wins 6quartz Of Mobil 1 or N30,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

.... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by dru23(m): 7:53pm On Jul 19, 2019
This is how my engine looks using Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil .. Keep in mind this is my uber Elantra 08 car ,and my oil change interval is every 12k miles for the past two years plus ..
The car was service a month ago with a new uber driver. The driver was doing oil check and notice that oil was shorten. So we decided to have my mechanic take a good look at it. So the engine was open up .. And behold the engine looks well protected and Mobil 1 has been doing a great job protecting the engine from sludge and wear and tear .. This is why I will continue using Extended Performace and do oil change every 12k miles .....

Ps.. The third picture is little plastic seal type.. It was broken and it was the cause of the oil shorten. For now it was replace with gum . Pending we get the parts for it next week..

1 Like

Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by martyns200(m): 2:49am On Jul 20, 2019
dru23:
This is how my engine looks using Mobil 1 Extended Performance oil .. Keep in mind this is my uber Elantra 08 car ,and my oil change interval is every 12k miles for the past two years plus ..
The car was service a month ago with a new uber driver. The driver was doing oil check and notice that oil was shorten. So we decided to have my mechanic take a good look at it. So the engine was open up .. And behold the engine looks well protected and Mobil 1 has been doing a great job protecting the engine from sludge and wear and tear .. This is why I will continue using Extended Performace and do oil change every 12k miles .....

Ps.. The third picture is little plastic seal type.. It was broken and it was the cause of the oil shorten. For now it was replace with gum . Pending we get the parts for it next week..

From what u said, u said the oil was shortened, so did u decide to add more oil to top it up or u decided to do an oil change again or what was done to remedy the situation since u found out oil was shortened
Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by sooperrescue(m): 4:08am On Jul 20, 2019
martyns200:

From what u said, u said the oil was shortened, so did u decide to add more oil to top it up or u decided to do an oil change again or what was done to remedy the situation since u found out oil was shortened
This oil loss is something else.
Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by dru23(m): 4:09am On Jul 20, 2019
martyns200:

There was no need to top any oil ..base on the fact that the car was just service with Mobil 1 extended performace oil .. The car was shorten oil not up to 2k miles after servicing... And from experience the other cars short oil at about 5k to 7k miles. Than I top it and the car is good till 12k miles before oil change.
So I knew something was very wrong.. I ask my mechanic to open up the engine. It was discovered one of the seal was broken.. So my mechanic use some type of gum to cover up the seal. So next week,will get the proper parts to replace it..

1 Like

Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by thebigkendo(m): 11:57am On Jul 20, 2019
My engine & I am not using any mobil 1 or extended performance grin grin

Engine was opened up to replace valve cover gasket

Dru baba longest time.. how is Gbagada America?

6 Likes

Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by dru23(m): 12:59pm On Jul 20, 2019
thebigkendo:

Let's see if the oil u are using can last up to every 12k miles before oil change conservatively for two years plus

Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by dru23(m): 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2019
thebigkendo:

Picture below is the oil level before the engine was open up. Mobil 1 extended performance still protects... Plus with Mobil extended performace I do oil change every 12k miles ... can your engine oil do that?

Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by thebigkendo(m): 1:14pm On Jul 20, 2019
dru23:

Picture below is the oil level before the engine was open up. Mobil 1 extended performance still protects... Plus with Mobil extended performace I do oil change every 12k miles ... can your engine oil do that?

grin grin grin
So you think it's because of mobil 1
Any engine oil at that level will still protect.. Even groundnut oil self..

Due to oil leakage from oil filter O-ring.. I had engine oil level at the tip of the dipstick. grin grin
engine was till running fine and it was not mobil 1..

At that level you still had atleast 2 qts of engine oil left

3 Likes

Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by dru23(m): 1:26pm On Jul 20, 2019
thebigkendo:

grin grin grin
So you think it's because of mobil 1
Any engine oil at that level will still protect.. Even groundnut oil self..

Due to oil leakage from oil filter O-ring.. I had engine oil level at the tip of the dipstick. grin grin
engine was till running fine and it was not mobil 1..

At that level you still had atleast 2 qts of engine oil left

Ok.. You made a good point .. But you have not answer my question.. Can your oil go up to 12k miles before changing it.. And do it for two years plus? Keep in mind this my car is been used for uber o .. Keep in mind Lagos traffic, constant stop and go etc
Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by thebigkendo(m): 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2019
dru23:

Ok.. You made a good point .. But you have not answer my question.. Can your oil go up to 12k miles before changing it.. And do it for two years plus? Keep in mind this my car is been used for uber o .. Keep in mind Lagos traffic, constant stop and go etc

Well I will never do 12k miles on any oil(except my car manufacturer advices)... I don't care if the oil comes from Mars grin grin grin

I will always take engine manufacturer's advice over oil marketer/manufacturer's sales pitch

5 Likes

Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by dru23(m): 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2019
thebigkendo:

Well I will never do 12k miles on any oil(except my car manufacturer advices)... I don't care if the oil comes from Mars grin grin grin

I will always take engine manufacturer's advice over oil marketer/manufacturer's sales pitch

2 Likes

Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by sacramento1212: 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2019
thebigkendo:

What Brand are you using?
Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by timifakay(m): 4:04pm On Jul 20, 2019
Why will anyone want to leave the same oil in the engine for 2 years?
24 freaking months!

2 Likes

Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by thebigkendo(m): 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2019
timifakay:
24 freaking months!

Lol.. Bros calm down now..
He has been using mobil 1 at 12k miles OCI for 2 years.. Doesn't mean he has not changed oil for 2 years..
Remember his cars are for uber, so 12k miles na small thing
Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by dru23(m): 4:32pm On Jul 20, 2019
timifakay:
24 freaking months!

The 08 Elantra has been on uber for more than 2 years ..... I change oil every 12k miles not 12k but every 12k miles
Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by dru23(m): 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2019
sacramento1212:

Groudnut oil
Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by dru23(m): 4:34pm On Jul 20, 2019
timifakay:
24 freaking months!

1 Like

Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by dru23(m): 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2019
thebigkendo:

Lol.. Bros calm down now..
He has been using mobil 1 at 12k miles OCI for 2 years.. Doesn't mean he has not changed oil for 2 years..
Remember his cars are for uber, so 12k miles na small thing

Since am in the mood for advertisement.... 05 volvo landing soon .. Low miles 135k miles ...clean title ....nothing to fix...Vin number will be available upon request.... 5cyclinder 2.5T.. For more information please for more information contact me at dru23@hotmail.com

Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by dru23(m): 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2019
timifakay:
24 freaking months!

Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by thebigkendo(m): 5:34pm On Jul 20, 2019
dru23:

Groudnut oil

Engine internals are still clean & purring with the groundnut oil grin grin grin

Why then should I use you snake oil grin grin
Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by thebigkendo(m): 5:39pm On Jul 20, 2019
sacramento1212:

I use to use Honda motor oil(semi synthetic), but now I use carquest(conventional).. All 5w-30

1 Like

Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by thebigkendo(m): 5:49pm On Jul 20, 2019
dru23:

Since am in the mood for advertisement.... 05 volvo landing soon .. Low miles 135k miles ...clean title ....nothing to fix...Vin number will be available upon request.... 5cyclinder 2.5T.. For more information please for more information contact me at dru23@hotmail.com

I don't have an email address, how do we transact?? grin grin grin
Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by dru23(m): 5:54pm On Jul 20, 2019
thebigkendo:

I don't have an email address, how do we transact?? grin grin grin

Xc90 2005 .....serious buyers please hit me up via email ..this is one of kind xc90 ..in very good shape.... I will keep you posted till first week of August ....

Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by thebigkendo(m): 5:56pm On Jul 20, 2019
Dru baba you forgot engine bay pics grin grin
Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by dru23(m): 6:00pm On Jul 20, 2019
thebigkendo:
Dru baba you forgot engine bay pics grin grin

All four tires in excellent conditions ....

Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by dru23(m): 6:04pm On Jul 20, 2019
thebigkendo:

I use to use Honda motor oil(semi synthetic), but now I use carquest(conventional).. All 5w-30

1 Like

Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by king406(m): 6:09pm On Jul 20, 2019
This man like mobil o grin
Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by dru23(m): 6:31pm On Jul 20, 2019
king406:
This man like mobil o grin

My brother I like anything that saves me money.. The reason why I like Mobil 1 oil , especially Extended Performance oil. I don't have to worry about changing oil up and down. With good oil filter that is good for 15k miles interval. I do my oil change every 12k miles .. Keep in mind my cars are constantly running on uber.. Constant stop and go ,braking etc .. These cars on uber are constantly running up and down .. So you need good quality oil to keep your engine running smooth.. Mobil 1 extended performace does the job well.. And it saves me trip from the mechanic.. Am trying to avoid been the mechanic best friend.. It can be an expensive relationship
Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by thebigkendo(m): 6:38pm On Jul 20, 2019
dru23:

All four tires in excellent conditions ....

Correct.. So how do I contact you? I don't have an email Addy

Nice ride you got there
Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by sooperrescue(m): 9:06pm On Jul 20, 2019
dru23:

My brother I like anything that saves me money.. The reason why I like Mobil 1 oil , especially Extended Performance oil. I don't have to worry about changing oil up and down. With good oil filter that is good for 15k miles interval. I do my oil change every 12k miles .. Keep in mind my cars are constantly running on uber.. Constant stop and go ,braking etc .. These cars on uber are constantly running up and down .. So you need good quality oil to keep your engine running smooth.. Mobil 1 extended performace does the job well.. And it saves me trip from the mechanic.. Am trying to avoid been the mechanic best friend.. It can be an expensive relationship

Avoiding to be mechanic best friend? So you don't like us anymore. Nor be only oil dey for motor o.
Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by dru23(m): 9:20pm On Jul 20, 2019
sooperrescue:

Avoiding to be mechanic best friend? So you don't like us anymore. Nor be only oil dey for motor o.

I like my wallet better ....
Re: .... The Power Of Mobil 1 Extended Performance After 12k miles oil change by sultaan(m): 9:54pm On Jul 20, 2019
dru23:

What will duty rate be on that/ total cost of clearing?

Please let us know

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Found This On Jiji Today!!(photos) / Road Trip: Awka To Lagos / Vehicle Tracker Company In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.