Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Is This Move Worth It? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is This Move Worth It? (11278 Views)

Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? / Is Canada Really Worth It? Someone Please Educate Me / 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Move Worth It? by Hustler410: 10:14pm On Jul 19, 2019
Please nairalanders I seek your input on this matter.
A relation of mine, hustled via his business in 9ja here. Later got contact in Ivory coast so he travelled to Ivory coast.
1 month later he contacted me that he is now working for a company there and things are easy their. He said he would want me to join him since I am still struggling in 9ja.
He said he paid 500k for training & certification to the company. That the company will give u one month training b4 u resume work. That the company pays $1000 dollars to workers as the company is owned by Whites from France . According to him the company makes jewel rings & other things.
Please I want to know if anybody has an idea of these. If also bro is telling me the whole truth.
Cus I don't want to chase 360k and lose 550+

1 Like

Re: Is This Move Worth It? by SUPERPACK: 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2019
Tell him to mention the name of the company, because i smell a scam,

3 Likes

Re: Is This Move Worth It? by roughdiamond(m): 10:31pm On Jul 19, 2019
Hustler410:
A relation of mine, hustled via his business in 9ja here. Later got contact in Ivory coast so he travelled to Ivory coast.
1 month later he contacted me that he is now working for a company there and things are easy their. He said he would want me to join him since I am still struggling in 9ja.
He said he paid 500k for training & certification to the company. That the company will give u one month training b4 u resume work. That the company pays $1000 dollars to workers as the company is owned by Whites from France . According to him the company makes jewel rings & other things.
Please I want to know if anybody has an idea of these. If also bro is telling me the whole truth.
Run as fast as your legs can take you. I believe he told you that the company is located at gagnoa too. This is one of the reasons I hate most Nigerians. Why must we keep scamming our brothers/sisters? About 80 boys were brought last time. They paid 400k each only to arrive here and be told that the company had closed. They were stranded. Just last time I traveled, I met a girl who asked for my phone to make a call. I asked her and she was talking about job and agent. I couldn't tell her that she had come to sign a full-time prostitution contract. Most Nigerians really suck. Wish I can change my citizenship

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is This Move Worth It? by roughdiamond(m): 10:47pm On Jul 19, 2019
I wish the mod can help out do something about this too as many Nigerians have been stranded here as a result of this scam. I got indirectly involved with them. I had someone who was doing nothing here. So one day, a girl I met in December called me to come over for a job. I told her that I can't leave my business for any job no matter the pay but I can send someone. So I decided to send the boy with neither job nor business. The girl collided with one Igbo boy as I don't really understand good French. My friend arrived there but they couldn't open up to him exactly what the job entails but was told to pay 500k. He told me about that and I asked him to return. But both the boy and the girl continued calling. So I told them to help get him employed and he will pay from his salary. They disagreed initially but later accepted. I gave him transport fare to go only for him to call at night telling me that it was a scam. I called the Igbo boy and immediately scolded him for such misconduct. Later I discovered also that the girl was scammed and stranded at the place too. The said girl was a medical student at the Université de Cocody. My guy told me about many Nigerians too stranded at the place and most of them were brought from Nigeria. Please friends, be weary of most Nigerians abroad as most of them are stranded and only resort to scams

30 Likes

Re: Is This Move Worth It? by ednut1(m): 10:53pm On Jul 19, 2019
Scam

1 Like

Re: Is This Move Worth It? by Hustler410: 10:55pm On Jul 19, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Tell him to mention the name of the company, because i smell a scam,

He said Gold Quest.
Re: Is This Move Worth It? by Hustler410: 11:01pm On Jul 19, 2019
roughdiamond:
Run as fast as your legs can take you. I believe he told you that the company is located at gagnoa too. This is one of the reasons I hate most Nigerians. Why must we keep scamming our brothers/sisters? About 80 boys were brought last time. They paid 400k each only to arrive here and be told that the company had closed. They were stranded. Just last time I traveled, I met a girl who asked for my phone to make a call. I asked her and she was talking about job and agent. I couldn't tell her that she had come to sign a full-time prostitution contract. Most Nigerians really suck. Wish I can change my citizenship

Thanks a lot for your input bro. I had double mind since he told me. like the saying " who know go no go see".
Re: Is This Move Worth It? by SUPERPACK: 11:17pm On Jul 19, 2019
Hustler410:

He said Gold Quest.

GoldQuest Pyramid scam/fraud
GoldQuest International Ltd. claims to be a mail order retail company. In reality it is a very steep pyramid organization.
What does GoldQuest sell? This is what their presentation says, ??In quest for the best product, the company chose to retail the One Ounce American gold coin, the One Ounce Canadian Maple Leaf gold coin, the One Ounce Australian Nugget gold coin, and a selection of gold coin jewelries. Why gold coins? Gold has a universal market appeal; an excellent investment because of its intrinsic value, a hedge against inflation, devaluation or economic down-trend, very easy to buy or sell (a case of liquidity).??
Sounds great. For centuries people have been working and fighting to accumulate gold.
Hold your horses. How much will you have to pay for your gold coin? $700 + $30 shipping and insurance. However, you don?t have to pay $700 upfront, GoldQuest will let you have your gold coin and your Tracking Center Registration for only $300 + $30 shipping and insurance! Nice guys!
Don?t be naive. Have you bothered to check how much one ounce of gold is worth. It is about US$270 and the trend is downward. GoldQuest is definitely not the place to buy
your gold coins.
GoldQuest proponents will be a little embarrased to admit that they were a little bit dishonest in selling you a $270 gold coin for $700. But they have been well-trained to hype the business.
They will move on to tell you that your $700 is not just buying you a coin, but it is setting you up in business. Your GoldQuest pyramid starts with you as a TCO (Tracking Center Owner). You start by persuading two people to buy gold coins. Each of these people, in turn, should each persuade two other people to buy gold coins. As the referrals grow downward you earn $400 for every five sales on the right and five sales on the left of your tree. Those under you will also eventually earn $400 for every five referrals on the right and five referrals on the left of their own trees below you.
In typical pyramid fashion the guys on top of the pyramid get rich and enjoy life. But where does the money come to pay your commissions? It does not come from GoldQuest . There is no perpetual motion machine. The money comes from the lowest three layers of the pyramid.
For you to earn your first $400, at least eleven people (five on the right and five on the left and you) have to invest or commit $730 to buy gold coins - a revenue of $8, 030 for GoldQuest in exchange for about $3, 000 worth of coins, freight and commission. A neat profit of $3, 600. If the pyramid stops growing we have ten people holding on to $2, 700 worth of gold but who have paid $7, 000. A clear loss of $43, 000.
If you can complete a five-level pyramid there will be 63 gold buyers in your group and you?ll receive $2, 400 in commission. The two guys under you will get $1, 200 each. And four would get $400 each. But a total of 63 gold coins would have been sold at $45, 990. If the pyramid stopped growing, 56 people would be stuck with gold worth $270 each after having paid $730 each and would not have gotten a single cent in commission.
GoldQuest revenues from your pyramid add up to $45, 990; its cost of commission is $6, 400; cost of coins and freight $18, 900. That?s $20, 690 profit and contribution to overhead.
If GoldQuest , through its Indian marketing activities, is able to build a thousand five-level pyramids, Inda will suffer a dollar outflow of $45, 900, 000! GoldQuest would have about $20, 690, 000 in profits and contribution to overhead.
About 1, 000 greedy Indian could have earned $2, 400 on a $730 investment. Another 2, 000 could have earned $1, 200 on a $700 investment each. Another 4, 000 would have earned $400 each on an investment of $730. Still a negative situation.
But about 56, 000 poor Indians would be stuck with $270 worth of gold for $730 of their hard-earned money.
Is that an excellent investment? A hedge against inflation? Earning dollars for the country?
As a Rotarian I urge you to apply the Four Way Test to the GoldQuest scheme:
Is is the truth?
It is fair to all concerned?
Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Will it build goodwill and better friendship?
Ask the thousands who will be stuck with gold coins worth much less than what they paid for.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow up post 25-4-2005
GoldQuest products are collectors items and will show rapid price appreciation.
Or so they told their unfortunate victims, claiming 30% or more appreciation for their Princess Diana ??Coin??
The truth, as it is often happens, appears rather less palatable, as an advertisement on ebay testifies.
??Goldquest gentlemens numismatic watch w/ leather box. Worth P34, 000.00. Will sacrifice sale for P23, 000.00. Will ship in philippines??.
The buyer was trying to sell it for 30% LESS than he paid for it. However, to be doubly certain of a sale, the starting price on the auction was set at P19, 500, a little more than half its purchase price.
The valuable ?numismatic watch? received no bids.
see:
http://ebay.ph/viItem?ItemId=4986272176
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Follow up post 13th May 2005
GoldQuest to Pay Compensation for fraudulent activities
TEHRAN, Oct. 26--Judiciary Spokesman Jamal Karimi-Rad said Wednesday the Hong Kong-based GoldQuest company has agreed to pay compensations to the government and the people, ISNA reported.
Karimi-Rad added that the company, which has representatives in Iran, has agreed to compensate following the measures of judiciary, which labeled their activities ?fraudulent?.
Asked if any organization had authorized the company to print coins with Imam Khomeini?s picture on it, Karimi-Rad said the company has not received any authorization and the Center for Publishing Imam?s Works has filed a complaint.
The company offered gold coins and other valuable items via the net, promising the buyers hefty profits in a short period. The government announced that their activities were damaging the economy by causing an outflow of capital.
Subsequently, the judiciary launched an investigation into the case, saying their activities were illegal. Later, a group carrying coins into the country was arrested upon arrival and the coins were found to be counterfeit.
See:
http://iran-daily.com/1383/2124/html/national.htm
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update Goldquest banned In Sri Lanka
GoldQuest is now illegal in Sri Lanka after its scam drained US$ 15 million in foreign exchange from the country, the Central Bank said Friday.
The Central Bank rushed through amendments to the Banking Act, banning pyramid style schemes, but not before few thousand people parted with their cash.
??It is illegal, ?? Central Bank?s Director Banking Supervision Joan de Zilva said, responding to questions from journalists whether Goldquest was now illegal after the conclusion of a SAARCFinance seminar on pyramiding. ??Under the Banking Amendment Act is it illegal.??
Pyramid schemes are banned in many countries but their proliferation in Sri Lanka alarmed President Chandrika Kumaratunga, bankers and regulatory authorities, which fear the public may be duped into investing money in such scams in the absence of laws to prevent them.
Central Bank says it has also banned banks from facilitating GoldQuest transactions.
??Our vigilance over this has resulted in not a single bank engaging in these transactions today, ?? says de Zilva.
Full story at
http://news.sinhalaya.com/wmview.php?ArtID=8158

https://m.mouthshut.com/review/GoldQuest-com-review-mlsssrqpq

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Move Worth It? by Notes: 10:11am On Sep 12, 2019
Hustler410:

How far with this. Did you take it up?
Re: Is This Move Worth It? by mrkels(m): 4:38am On May 09, 2021
Scam ! Run!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help! My Sister And Her Husband Want To Remain As Illegal Immigrants In Uk / Does WES (US) Accept Degree Certificate Via Fax? / Trinidad & Tobago: Is It A Place To Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.