Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana (32970 Views)

Reps To Legalise Use, Sale Of Cannabis In Nigeria / South-West Governors Move To Legalise Amotekun / DINO Melaye React To Nairamarley Arrest From EFCC [VIDEO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by citruslimited(m): 8:20pm On Jul 20, 2019
What is our country turning into ?
Now that it is not legalized, some of our youths are taking it,

When it has being legalized they will use to cook their daily meal
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by kenx1(m): 8:25pm On Jul 20, 2019
Legalise marijuana it's a multi billion dollars industry especially in the medical sector.... Its high time we tap from It rather than relying on the oil sector
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2019
Kkings11:
I have a question please. How can I know the difference between medical marijjuina and the one people smoke now.

The only difference between medical and recreational marijuana is that you get a doctor's prescription to smoke for medical benefits while recreational is just to smoke to make you feel happy and good. Either way, it should be legalized and taxed to put the criminals out of business the same way rum was legalized and taxed, which put the bootleggers out of business forever.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by 1forall: 8:31pm On Jul 20, 2019
So Dino Melaye's representative at the conference said:

"There are other diverse areas that can generate revenue for the country, taking agriculture for an example,”

Me: Isn't marijuana cultivation part of agriculture?

Lol

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by StoneLucifer: 8:33pm On Jul 20, 2019
GOFRONT:
cool

NwaAmaikpe is BACK!!!

Very ugly name. Who d hell is that?

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by KingRhodes1(m): 8:34pm On Jul 20, 2019
agwom:
The Ondo State governor, Rotimi Akeredolu and Senator Dino Melaye are not new to courting controversy—this time, it is about legalising marijuana (or cannabis). Both took a conference marking the International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking to chart their stance on whether Nigeria should legalise marijuana use. “There is no reason why Nigeria shouldn’t legalise marijuana,” said Akeredolu, in words presented by his special adviser, Boye Oyewumi. “Some African countries are already exporting medical cannabis worth billions of dollars.” Akeredolu had previously urged the federal government to consider legalising marijuana — citing its medicinal properties and market potential. “Ondo State is the largest producer of marijuana plants in Nigeria.

We are not asking the government to set up bars where people come and abuse cannabis, rather we are asking the government to grant us license to cultivate medical marijuana for export.” Dr Williams Ebiti, a consultant at Milestone Rehabilitation Foundation, notes the medicinal benefits of marijuana but says staunch policy against it poses more harm. “Marijuana grows everywhere all over the country and the policy on drugs is even more harmful than the drugs itself,” he said. “Legalization of marijuana is not going to make it unavailable, but it’s going to make the Government have control over it, rather than put it in the hands of drug barons and cartel.” Senator Dino Melaye however, opposed moves to legalise marijuana, not minding its economic benefits.

“There are other diverse areas that can generate revenue for the country, taking agriculture for an example,” he said in comments delivered by his personal assistant, Femi Obalemo. “The 10% of Nigerians consuming marijuana are endangering lives of the remaining 90% of the population,” he added. Up to 10.6 million Nigerians use cannabis — 9.3 million men and 1.3 million women- according to drug use statistics released by the National Bureau of Statistics. The conference, by the Vanguard Against Drug Abuse, hosted a debate where participants insisted the country wasn’t mature enough to consider legalising marijuana. The federal agriculture ministry toes the same line.

“Nigeria is not yet ready to move at this direction,” said Dele Olorunfemi, deputy director for extension and communication, representing the federal agriculture ministry at the conference. “We, Nigerians are good in breaking what seems unbreakable, the problem of legalizing marijuana at this time might cause it its regulations and enforcement. If we can get the enforcement right, then we can start thinking of legalizing.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/just-in-akeredolu-melaye-react-to-call-to-legalise-marijuana.html
so you mean its not legalized, I don't know that before ooo,because its so common...so easy to get,so what's the point in not legalizing it...who e affect..
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by Cyoung4real(m): 8:34pm On Jul 20, 2019
FatherBona:
you mean that over hyped, lewd, uncouth, self-centered, egoistic and tribalistic pig?
No, I don't know him

Thank God you knw him. So who are you please?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by mmadu5(m): 8:39pm On Jul 20, 2019
Engrjj:
Let's legalized it I support it

Nairalanders Greetings to you all.

Pls kindly take time to read my story and help us in anyway you can. Thanks and special thanks to everyone that have supported us.

I'm still appealing to you for help.

Her story on punch news paper
https://www.punchng.com/ailing-single-mother-needs-12m-for-kidney-transplant/amp/

Kindly help me to share it online too please.

your supporting it because your looking for help abi. don't go to church or find a NGO to help your mother keep wasting your time on NL. people here don't have the kind of money you need. chikena
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 20, 2019
I stand with Rotimi Akeredolu.. Legalize marijuana. Make i go collect like 3 acres of land for inside kwale start business
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by rodshafas87(m): 8:41pm On Jul 20, 2019
Say No 2 Weed..... But i don't mind ooo shall...
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by samwash(m): 8:57pm On Jul 20, 2019
So this tin Neva dey legalize, na the weed full everywhere wen omo boys & girls dey smoke anyhow.
If u enter any corner u go see ham,if gov come legalize ham ,so dem go put ham for train dey sell for road side.
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by adaps: 8:57pm On Jul 20, 2019
Chai
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by Kkings11: 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2019
Xda59:

The only difference between medical and recreational marijuana is that you get a doctor's prescription to smoke for medical benefits while recreational is just to smoke to make you feel happy and good. Either way, it should be legalized and taxed to put the criminals out of business the same way rum was legalized and taxed, which put the bootleggers out of business forever.
But that would only make it easily accessible
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by koolaid87: 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2019
Bamz:
Haha the problem is not the legalisation of Cannabis but Nigerians are notorious for finding innovative ways of breaking the law

We're so not ready for this.

Are they not using it already

The.govt can.choose to.make.money from it by legalizing the plant
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 20, 2019
It is very myopic for those who do not smoke Marijuana to make convictions about something they have not tested.

If anyone wants to criticize marijuana, it is best to smoke it first or at least make a tea with the green plant leaves before jumping into conclusions.

After 5 years of insomnia occasioned by my constant researches, I could no longer sleep naturally, my circadian rhythm was bastardized and abused, so I used alcoholic drugs like Vodka, Beers, Wines etc and I was afraid of losing my kidney and liver just to sleep. It got to the point I could no longer sleep even with alcohol. I was fuccked as I could sta for a week without 30 minutes of sleep, I was almost dying.

I switched over the Sleeping Pills and that was so terrible as the next days after sleeping bills became anxiety-prone, I couldn't continue with sleeping pills after weeks. So I went back to Alcohol. Average of 13 bottles of Gin per week when I decided to keep the bottles and countless beers until I could no longer sleep even with alcohol. I thought I was fuccked.

I decided to experiment with water, I could sleep for 2 hrs per night and kept water by the bed and take a glass each time I wake up and I could sleep another hour and wake up to urinate. Was inconveniencing.

So I went online and researched about Insomnia and stumbled on some Americans who promoted Medical Cannabis for insomnia, I was confused but excited.

Then I decided to spend a week researching about Cannabis, and a week turned into a month on the research and after a month, I decided that it is worth giving it a try, so I came to Nairaland and run a search and met one guy called Correctguy101, who recommended that I try it as tea.

I listened and I went ahead and bought a smoking water bong and searched youtube for DIY videos on how to smoke weed as you call it.

I called my mechanic to help me source of weed, the organic type and he took me there and the faces I saw made me feel that weed is for criminals but that didn't stop me.

It was too dry to be used as Tea, so I drove all the way to Elekan Beach end of Lekki and bought some fresh green leaves as Correctguy recommended and made tea with it and came online to inform the guy about my experience. A week after I decided to try the dry leaves on water bong, the experience changed my views of cannabis. I could feel that my subconscious controlled the physical body and our body is robotic. Cannabis is very addictive, but since I know how to manage addiction, without worrying about withdrawal symptoms I just stop when I realize I have anxieties, so just like everything else, like womanizing, alcohol, eating, and even cigarette, cannabis is addictive, but personally when I wanna break a bit, I do not care about the withdrawal symptom, so I can easily stop and I did, so I use Cannabis as a treatment and I have not taken it in a while, but if I have need to, I will certainly use it.

Cannabis treated my Insomnia. It has been over 6 months since I tried the last time, and I no longer use it as I no longer suffer insomnia.

And if I ever experience Insomnia, I MUST smoke weed.

I intend to cultivate a few plants of Cannabis once I secure a farm soon, and I will use it only when I need it as I do not want to buy from street corners from people who might mix it with deadly drugs.

Cannabis is good for Insomnia, improves libido, defragments the subconscious memory, makes the heart merry and guess what it is even rumoured to treat cancer and many other ills.

I am all for the legalization of Marijuana and no one, and I mean no one has the right to tell me what to eat or not eat.

Those who are ignorant of cannabis use should rather blame whoever created the plant and if you think you are smarter than the creator of marijuana, then you are an unfortunate child of your parent, cos that plant hurts no one.

Cannabis only reveals who you truly are, but does not make you do bad things. It is also very good when you are researching to take just one purf. People abuse the plant by smoking a whole joint of it. I believe anyone who is sincere about his motive for smoking knows that JUST ONE PURF is enough which means, you can smoke one stick for 2 weeks.

5 Likes

Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by Soul47(m): 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2019
kelvinezeh55:
The first time i tasted weed i nearly ran mad

i chewed both the leaf and the seed. Na head i use waka that sunday

On a Sunday...
Lol
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by nairalanduseles: 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2019
VRDroid:
It is very myopic for those who do not smoke Marijuana to make convictions about something they have not tested.

If anyone wants to criticize marijuana, it is best to smoke it first or at least make a tea with the green plant leaves before jumping into conclusions.

After 5 years of insomnia occasioned by my constant researches, I could no longer sleep naturally, my circadian rhythm was bastardized and abused, so I used alcoholic drugs like Vodka, Beers, Wines etc and I was afraid of losing my kidney and liver just to sleep. It got to the point I could no longer sleep even with alcohol. I was fuccked as I could sta for a week without 30 minutes of sleep, I was almost dying.

I switched over the Sleeping Pills and that was so terrible as the next days after sleeping bills became anxiety-prone, I couldn't continue with sleeping pills after weeks. So I went back to Alcohol. Average of 13 bottles of Gin per week when I decided to keep the bottles and countless beers until I could no longer sleep even with alcohol. I thought I was fuccked.

I decided to experiment with water, I could sleep for 2 hrs per night and kept water by the bed and take a glass each time I wake up and I could sleep another hour and wake up to urinate. Was inconveniencing.

So I went online and researched about Insomnia and stumbled on some Americans who promoted Medical Cannabis for insomnia, I was confused but excited.

Then I decided to spend a week researching about Cannabis, and a week turned into a month on the research and after a month, I decided that it is worth giving it a try, so I came to Nairaland and run a search and met one guy called Correctguy101, who recommended that I try it as tea.

I listened and I went ahead and bought a smoking water bong and searched youtube for DIY videos on how to smoke weed as you call it.

I called my mechanic to help me source of weed, the organic type and he took me there and the faces I saw made me feel that weed is for criminals but that didn't stop me.

It was too dry to be used as Tea, so I drove all the way to Elekan Beach end of Lekki and bought some fresh green leaves as Correctguy recommended and made tea with it and came online to inform the guy about my experience. A week after I decided to try the dry leaves on water bong, the experience changed my views of cannabis. I could feel that my subconscious controlled the physical body and our body is robotic. Cannabis is very addictive, but since I know how to manage addiction, without worrying about withdrawal symptoms I just stop when I realize I have anxieties, so just like everything else, like womanizing, alcohol, eating, and even cigarette, cannabis is addictive, but personally when I wanna break a bit, I do not care about the withdrawal symptom, so I can easily stop and I did, so I use Cannabis as a treatment and I have not taken it in a while, but if I have need to, I will certainly use it.

Cannabis treated my Insomnia. It has been over 6 months since I tried the last time, and I no longer use it as I no longer suffer insomnia.

I intend to cultivate a few plants of Cannabis once I secure a farm soon, and I will use it only when I need it as I do not want to buy from street corners from people who might mix it with deadly drugs.

Cannabis is good for Insomnia, improves libido, defragments the subconscious memory, makes the heart merry and guess what it is even rumoured to treat cancer and many other ills.

I am all for the legalization of Marijuana and no one, and I mean no one has the right to tell me what to eat or not eat.

Those who are ignorant of cannabis use should rather blame whoever created the plant and if you think you are smarter than the creator of marijuana, then you are an unfortunate child of your parent, cos that plant hurts no one.

Cannabis only reveals who you truly are, but does not make you do bad things. It is also very good when you are researching to take just one purf. People abuse the plant by smoking a whole joint of it. I believe anyone who is sincere about his motive for smoking knows that JUST ONE PURF is enough which means, you can smoke one stick for 2 weeks.

I am truly impressed about your write up i have been an advocate for marijuana for over 29 years

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 20, 2019
VRDroid As much as marijuana has its positive sides, let’s not even try to make it seem it doesn’t have side effects and all. Cut the smoke, stop the smoke and stay healthy.
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 20, 2019
PRESENTATION:
VRDroid As much as marijuana has its positive sides, let’s not even try to make it seem it doesn’t have side effects and all. Cut the smoke, stop the smoke and stay healthy.

You are not smart enough to tell me what to do with my body and what not to do. I love my body more than anything else and I did not create that plant, who ever created Cannabis made no mistake and must have smoked it to know it enough to create it.

So what I mean in essence is, if who you call God created weed, which I believe is true, God must have smoked it, and could still be smoking it.

There is no way on Earth anyone can convince me that God is not a weed smoker. And it sounds crazy to those who do not think outside of dogma of religions.

Cannabis treated my insomnia and I will smoke it if I ever need it. And there is nothing anyone can do about it.
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by CuriousX: 9:35pm On Jul 20, 2019
GOFRONT:
cool

NwaAmaikpe is BACK!!!
Where? Can't see his post

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 20, 2019
nairalanduseles:

I am truly impressed about your write up i have been an advocate for marijuana for over 29 years

You do not have to even waste your time explaining it, cos no matter what anyone would have said to me, I wouldnt have tried it given the stigma. It took almost losing my health and life before I researched online and some Americans convinced me to try it.

Cannabis is a plant that was banned by politicians sponsored by Big Pharma because it treats everything that Big Pharma could make money from. Cannabis is a threat against the machinations of the Human Farmers.

For me it is a Plant Medicine and I use it when I need it just like people use Paracetamol when they needed.

It is an insult to use it as recreational drug, an insult to the plant.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 20, 2019
abeg legalize dis thing .. make man dey use weed wash teeth. I wan dey use am bath self!!

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by mobilemykel: 9:50pm On Jul 20, 2019
Clean iphone 6s 16GB for sale. Call or whatsapp 0901570072five. Lagos/isolo
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by Holocene(m): 10:05pm On Jul 20, 2019
Lol....they want make mad men full for streets.
Jobless people are paid in the US and they are guaranteed some money to buy food to quench the effect of the marijuana but in naija na marijuana go dry you like kpanla fish
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by kelvinezeh55(m): 10:12pm On Jul 20, 2019
Soul47:

On a Sunday...
Lol
i was inside our church playing keyboard before it (holy weed) start deliverance on my unrepentent soul. I was receiving sense like anthena. My brain was going on and off
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by GOFRONT(m): 10:14pm On Jul 20, 2019
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 20, 2019
VRDroid:

You are not smart enough to tell me what to do with my body and what not to do. I love my body more than anything else and I did not create that plant, who ever created Cannabis made no mistake and must have smoked it to know it enough to create it.

So what I mean in essence is, if who you call God created weed, which I believe is true, God must have smoked it, and could still be smoking it.

There is no way on Earth anyone can convince me that God is not a weed smoker. And it sounds crazy to those who do not think outside of dogma of religions.

Cannabis treated my insomnia and I will smoke it if I ever need it. And there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Talk about the next phase addiction without even knowing cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by bizzibodi(m): 10:26pm On Jul 20, 2019
Even dino that uses marijuana do porridge but it it become d new goldmine other food cultivation will abandon.
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by UnusualJhay(m): 10:37pm On Jul 20, 2019
Yes
Finally, some news grin
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by penocrat1(m): 10:42pm On Jul 20, 2019
VRDroid:

I am very impressed.I love your write up.We need brained like you in our nations leadership
Re: Akeredolu, Melaye React To Call To Legalise Marijuana by brownbib(m): 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2019
Legalize it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If This Election Is Not Credible, I Will Fight To The End – GRV / David Mark, Gabriel Suswam Hand Over PDP Party Structure To Gov. Ortom / Nigerians Mock James Momoh Over 'Dream About 24-Hour Electricity In Nigeria'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.