Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

The Need For Nation-wide Protests Now - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Need For Nation-wide Protests Now (721 Views)

Insecurity: Frank Blames Buhari’s, Apc’s Incompetence For Nation’s Calamities / Tinubu to #EndSARS Protesters: You Have Made Your Point, Call Off Protests Now / Who Else Is Feeling Somehow About This Endsars Protests Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Need For Nation-wide Protests Now by selemempe: 10:27pm On Jul 20, 2019
We call ourselves the ''federal republic of nigeria''. There is absolutely nothing ''federal'' about nigeria. We depend on the central govt for everything simply because northerners want it that way, because that is the only system of govt that can make them control what is going on in other regions

Well, the chickens are coming home to sleep now. Poverty is high in the north, insecurity is high in the country, war songs are being chanted, politics has become do or die for ethnic groups because of the need to control Abuja. We are sitting on tinder now. The country could explode any time now. All that needs to happen is for a few herdsmen to be killed in the south and boom reprisals will happen in the north and more will happen in the south and before you know it, the army is involved and killing innocents.

We can prevent all these by creating state police and allowing each state governor control its security. Protests must happen across Nigerian cities like we have done because of fuel prices. Labour must go on strike until state police is created by senate. Ipman, ASUU, and all other pressure groups must forget about everything now and start agitating for state police.

Let the federal govt control only Dss and efcc...the existing NPF has to be unbundled and given to states to control. At least a state police force should be 80% incharge of security within the state while Dss (federal police) can compliment it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Need For Nation-wide Protests Now by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 20, 2019
I actually commend this. Its just sad that our yoruba leaders dont want to lead this type of protests. Maybe for selfish reasons. They are hoping to succeed buhari so they are willing to turn the other cheek. But honestly we need state police in nigeria now. We cant trust the people at abuja again....a tribalistic president like buhari or a tribalistic igp can decide not to enforce state laws with NPF if it goes against his wish

3 Likes

Re: The Need For Nation-wide Protests Now by 35824L: 10:40pm On Jul 20, 2019
Enter the road first let's know that you are serious.
Re: The Need For Nation-wide Protests Now by selemempe: 10:41pm On Jul 20, 2019
In the U.S there are 3 major types of police agency:

(1) the federal system, consisting of the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Justice, including the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Administration, the Secret Service, the Postal Inspection Service, and many others;

(2) police forces and criminal investigation agencies established by each of the 50 states of the union;

(3) sheriffs’ departments in several thousand counties, plus a few county police forces that either duplicate the sheriffs’ police jurisdictions or displace them
Re: The Need For Nation-wide Protests Now by selemempe: 10:42pm On Jul 20, 2019
35824L:
awarness must be created first and a platform is required. If i was an influential person like oby ezekwesili i will enter road alone....but i need a platform
Re: The Need For Nation-wide Protests Now by Lovelive: 10:48pm On Jul 20, 2019
35824L:

See yourself, see your life. It's so unfortunate...

2 Likes

Re: The Need For Nation-wide Protests Now by 35824L: 10:51pm On Jul 20, 2019
selemempe:
awarness must be created first and a platform is required. If i was an influential person like oby ezekwesili i will enter road alone....but i need a platform
You don't have to be influential. Just be peaceful but persistent. Carry your placard everyday to the protest spot and even though people may say you are jobless or a lunatic, if you remain steadfast, it may encourage others to join. That's how the arab spring began. Try this and see how far.
Re: The Need For Nation-wide Protests Now by selemempe: 10:55pm On Jul 20, 2019
35824L:
You don't have to be influential. Just be peaceful but persistent. Carry your placard everyday to the protest spot and even though people may say you are jobless or a lunatic, if you remain steadfast, it may encourage others to join. That's how the arab spring began. Try this and see how far.
i will do it eventually if i have to. But i want to 1st put the idea out there and read feedback
Re: The Need For Nation-wide Protests Now by selemempe: 10:59pm On Jul 20, 2019
Lovelive:

See yourself, see your life. It's so unfortunate...
lol...nigerians are so lukewarm. Maybe because of the tribal angle such protests can take. The algerians are back in the streets just after 2 months of forcing the expresident to step down....they are forcing the new president to step down too....yet govs are scared to sponsor protests for something as important as state police. Unfortunate...really
Re: The Need For Nation-wide Protests Now by 35824L: 11:04pm On Jul 20, 2019
selemempe:
i will do it eventually if i have to. But i want to 1st put the idea out there and read feedback
What feedback are you looking for? You are not serious.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Calls For Revolution In 2014 - Saharareporters / Sowore: I’m Not Afraid Of Being Jailed For Revolution – Aisha Tells Buhari / Edo To Divest 50% Of State’s Equity In Azura Power, Reinvest Proceeds In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.