Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,384 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:34 AM

New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta (16125 Views)

Ola Rotimi: Google Celebrates Nigerian Playwrighter With A Doodle / Characters And Characterization In The Second Class Citizen By Buchi Emecheta / Plot Summary Of Second Class Citizen By Buchi Emecheta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by HitlerGaddafi: 7:08am On Jul 21, 2019
Mind you thats google Nigeria.
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by ariesbull: 7:09am On Jul 21, 2019
First was honouring Achebe ....he is Igbo
Second is honouring Buchi ....she is Igbo

I know the next they would honour would be igbo. Igbo have been bringing honour to Nigeria

When would they honour Fulani or Hausa ?

5 Likes

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Earthquake2: 7:12am On Jul 21, 2019
One of the most beautiful writers, she had a hand of gold

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by omocalabar(m): 7:14am On Jul 21, 2019
While the Nigerian govt is busy honouring cows
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Ayotemide(f): 7:18am On Jul 21, 2019
I cried reading 'Joys of motherhood' the many times i read it; such an amazing and powerful book.

She is my best known author, on hearing her passing I actually cried.
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by PoliticalChinex(m): 7:20am On Jul 21, 2019
Afonja and Aboki people will not like this news were Igbos are making the nation proud,,,,,,,,,

Meanwhile the Afonjas are disgracing Nigeria with news of yahoo yahoo and rituals while the Abokis are making waves in terrorism

1 Like

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Menance: 7:20am On Jul 21, 2019
First and foremost I want to thank God for creating the Igbo people .
And then scream IGBO AMAKA

I can remember "Joys of motherhood" a very popular book still standing majestically in my mum's library

3 Likes

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by evy800(f): 7:22am On Jul 21, 2019
I still marvel at how beautifully she wove contemporary issues around her characters without trying too hard, she's deserves this recognition.

2 Likes

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Skmoda360(m): 7:27am On Jul 21, 2019
PoliticalChinex:

Afonja and Aboki people will not like this news were Igbos are making the nation proud,,,,,,,,,

Meanwhile the Afonjas are disgracing Nigeria with news of yahoo yahoo and rituals while the Abokis are making waves in terrorism
You are a fool for calling afonja, so afonja people have never done great things in this country? Stupid idiot talking like a dimwit...bigot oshi

1 Like

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by favour32(m): 7:28am On Jul 21, 2019
Countries moving forward value history while countries moving backward throw away history to the dustbin.

2 Likes

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by shedy03(m): 7:43am On Jul 21, 2019
post=80476128:
We read many of her books while growing up.
These are the ones that made our country proud.
how did she make ur country proud? she was not even a nigeran, she was only unfortunately born in Nigeria.
her country of citizenship took all credit for her works.
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by RTSC: 7:43am On Jul 21, 2019
Story telling is an igbo thing. It is encoded in our DNA.

1 Like

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Horus(m): 7:51am On Jul 21, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_isFvMks74

Buchi Emecheta Google Doodle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by PoliticalChinex(m): 7:55am On Jul 21, 2019
Skmoda360:

You are a fool for calling afonja, so afonja people have never done great things in this country? Stupid idiot talking like a dimwit...bigot oshi

What great things have they done in recent times if not giving 9ja bad name in internet frauds and skull mining�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by mangojuice(m): 8:19am On Jul 21, 2019
Pavore9:

Because Igbo is just one of the tribes God created.
she is Igbo from Delta state. An astute writer And a great novelist

1 Like

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by little1992: 8:46am On Jul 21, 2019
Truly Igbo Amaka.... I still remember 'the joys of motherhood' with nolstagia

1 Like

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Baroba(m): 8:46am On Jul 21, 2019
The first novel I ever read was Titch the cat written by Buchi...May her soul RIP..Talented writer.
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by abayomilaws(m): 8:53am On Jul 21, 2019
This is the greatest Nigerian female writer. I read joys of motherhood and I cried. She was too much. She was better than overrated adichie

1 Like

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by BIAFRONIGERIAN(m): 8:57am On Jul 21, 2019
One good thing about Igbo's is that they never forget Biafra wherever they are,its in our DNA.
Just recalled her writings on Biafra's struggle.

1 Like

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 21, 2019
cenaman:
Oya the igbo amaka crew make una gather here food don ready.
Ndi Igbo amaka

Cc lzaa metaphysical adaibeku amatarasha sarrki deomelo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Baroba(m): 9:00am On Jul 21, 2019
BIAFRONIGERIAN:
One good thing about Igbo's is that they never forget Biafra wherever they are,its in our DNA.
Just recalled her writings on Biafra's struggle.

Gbam.. Destination Biafra, another great book from Buchi.

1 Like

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Afobear: 9:01am On Jul 21, 2019
Chfchi:
IGBO AMAKA grin

Run away people, this is a scammer
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Afobear: 9:09am On Jul 21, 2019
abayomilaws:
This is the greatest Nigerian female writer. I read joys of motherhood and I cried. She was too much. She was better than overrated adichie

Sure she is !!!
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Difrent: 9:14am On Jul 21, 2019
PoliticalChinex:

We know your type,
I read that she was married at 11 years, Had sex at 16 and Gave birth at 17.... I thought you all said those things only happen in Islam and in the north. I expect you to beat your chest as usual about this practice that exists in iboland too
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Joystark(f): 9:24am On Jul 21, 2019
Joys of Motherhood confused the heck out of me.

I mean Motherhood is supposed to be Joyful, yeah? Not so much pain, and pain and pain again.

Dang, I read the book and was sad for days.

She really did pierce through the hearts of her readers with that one.. cry
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by nwadiuko1(m): 9:27am On Jul 21, 2019
Brings back memories..... i read Joys of motherhood in secondary school
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by litetias(m): 9:31am On Jul 21, 2019
KingsCity:
Great woman and great writer

Read Bride Price and Naira Power back in the days
Was she the one that wrote Naira Power? I remember that novel well. When that guy was caught stealing and he was killed I think by a mob. In The Bride Price the woman died during childbirth. She was a very good writer
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Ubiudumo(m): 10:17am On Jul 21, 2019
A very prolific writer.Her book,'the Joys of Motherhood', remains one of the best I've ever read.
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by bigcasava1(m): 10:21am On Jul 21, 2019
They say we are evil, thieves, ritualist, this that! But records have it that we have brought more honour than any tribe in nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Stain From The Past / Memoir Of An Ordinary Black Girl (iWrite)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.