Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta (16126 Views)

Ola Rotimi: Google Celebrates Nigerian Playwrighter With A Doodle / Characters And Characterization In The Second Class Citizen By Buchi Emecheta / Plot Summary Of Second Class Citizen By Buchi Emecheta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by idonhammer: 10:26am On Jul 21, 2019
The surname sef says it all. That surname na bomb

1 Like

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by chuckjonesbaba(m): 10:52am On Jul 21, 2019
cenaman:
Oya the igbo amaka crew make una gather here food don ready.

Not again! Am tired of all these tribal beefing
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Skmoda360(m): 11:28am On Jul 21, 2019
PoliticalChinex:

What great things have they done in recent times if not giving 9ja bad name in internet frauds and skull mining�‍♀️�‍♀️�‍♀️
Pick up post and throw in the trash undecided undecided undecided

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 21, 2019
cenaman:

Attention: Seun osewa - STRANGE FOOL IN HOUSE - with no sense.
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Treasure17(m): 12:20pm On Jul 21, 2019
I salute this wonderful woman. I read Joys of Motherhood with so much interest that year. Very emotional book. We celebrate you ma'am.

1 Like

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 1:32pm On Jul 21, 2019
abayomilaws:
This is the greatest Nigerian female writer. I read joys of motherhood and I cried. She was too much. She was better than overrated adichie

ACHEBE? Overrated?? My father shouldn't hear this.

They were equally fantastic writers, you mustn't put one down to uplift another, I just reread "Things Fall Apart" yesterday and sincerely I noted the genius in Achebe's writing, especially noting that this was a book he had written as a young lad in his early 20s, you could reread it as well, if you feel that he was overrated.
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Sterope(f): 1:58pm On Jul 21, 2019
Loved her book. She was a great writer
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by babtoundey(m): 2:16pm On Jul 21, 2019
Buchi Emecheta playwright! Waawu! Can you list some of her plays?
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by abayomilaws(m): 4:43pm On Jul 21, 2019
EmekusTHEgreat:

ACHEBE? Overrated?? My father shouldn't hear this.

They were equally fantastic writers, you mustn't put one down to uplift another, I just reread "Things Fall Apart" yesterday and sincerely I noted the genius in Achebe's writing, especially noting that this was a book he had written as a young lad in his early 20s, you could reread it as well, if you feel that he was overrated.
Big brother I didn't compare Buchi Emecheta with chinua Achebe. I compared her with another feminist writer, chimamanda adichie although they are not contemporaries. If I would compare chinua Achebe with any one , it must be another giant, maybe wole Soyinka. Maybe you don't know that buchi emecheta was a feminist (moderate) whereas adichie is a feminist (extreme /radical). God forbid that chinua Achebe would be referred to as overrated.
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by eodavids(m): 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2019
cenaman:

Buchi Emecheta!

I respect her for the inspiring novel: The Joy of Motherhood.
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by MetaPhysical: 6:56pm On Jul 21, 2019
immhotep:

Ndi Igbo amaka

Cc lzaa metaphysical adaibeku amatarasha sarrki deomelo

Where is the google doodle? Bring let me see.
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 21, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Where is the google doodle? Bring let me see.
Just go to google.com

Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by MetaPhysical: 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2019
immhotep:

Just go to google.com

You better address me respectfully if you want to be my inlaw. grin grin

That woman is Igbo, the real thing! They dont make women like this anymore. But Adaibeku and myself will make more now and save Igbo race.
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Adaibeku(f): 7:54pm On Jul 21, 2019
MetaPhysical:

You better address me respectfully if you want to be my inlaw. grin grin

That woman is Igbo, the real thing! They dont make women like this anymore. But Adaibeku and myself will make more now and save Igbo race.

Go and marry ngeneukwenu lolz grin
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 22, 2019
My mum kept a lot of Nigerian literature when I was growing up.

I remember second class citizen vividly.
Re: New Google Doodle Honours Nigerian Born Play Write Buchi Emecheta by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 22, 2019
abayomilaws:

Big brother I didn't compare Buchi Emecheta with chinua Achebe. I compared her with another feminist writer, chimamanda adichie although they are not contemporaries. If I would compare chinua Achebe with any one , it must be another giant, maybe wole Soyinka. Maybe you don't know that buchi emecheta was a feminist (moderate) whereas adichie is a feminist (extreme /radical). God forbid that chinua Achebe would be referred to as overrated.

How is adichie an extreme feminist? Be happy buchi is not a raging feminist sef. Her first husband, Francis was a proto alpha male, useless, adulterer, refusing to use birth control, wife bester, barely able to hold employment and a strong belief in his superiority because he had a prick. Maybe if he could write though, we would hear his side of the story (my wife pissed on me)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Stain From The Past / Memoir Of An Ordinary Black Girl (iWrite)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.