Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Does Speaking In Tongues In The Spirit Trigger Some Emotions Towards God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Speaking In Tongues In The Spirit Trigger Some Emotions Towards God? (312 Views)

Prophetess Wields Gun While Praying In Tongues In Church (Video) / 20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Speaking In Tongues In The Spirit Trigger Some Emotions Towards God? by paxonel(m): 7:46am On Jul 21, 2019
I remember when we were still fire brand Christians in church some four years ago,it just occurred to me now, whenever i hear people speaking in tongues those times or I speak it myself there is always this strong emotions of renewing my love and commitment to God and the church. I don't know how it happens, mere hearing the sound of tongue speaking alone it was like a spontaneous spirit has befallen us that triggers some emotions, one could see the visible expressions of AAAASSHHH! as if we were caught with fire, we never felt that way when we pray ordinarily using languages people could understand.
Are these feelings inherently associated with speaking in tongues or we just choose to feel that way whenever we speak it or hear the sound of another person speaking it?
Are they common to everyone who speak in tongues?

Recently, I have asked a friend who still speak in tongues till now though, he says he never feels any emotion while speaking it and I was like WAOO! grin
Re: Does Speaking In Tongues In The Spirit Trigger Some Emotions Towards God? by alonzoiv(m): 8:30am On Jul 21, 2019
I think its all in the head.
Re: Does Speaking In Tongues In The Spirit Trigger Some Emotions Towards God? by alonzoiv(m): 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2019
Mr Lala Lalasticlala, let's take this to the promise land, so people can contribute. It's a Sunday, at least.
Re: Does Speaking In Tongues In The Spirit Trigger Some Emotions Towards God? by Acehart: 5:27pm On Jul 21, 2019
Tongues (speaking in a language that neither communicates with the speaker or a hearer) is anti-Christ in nature. It’s effect as you described it, numbs the senses. The scriptures shows that any effect that dulls the senses (mind) is not the work of the Spirit of Christ but is of demons.
Re: Does Speaking In Tongues In The Spirit Trigger Some Emotions Towards God? by festwiz(m): 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2019
It's a euphoria only you experience.
Re: Does Speaking In Tongues In The Spirit Trigger Some Emotions Towards God? by LordReed(m): 11:18am On Jul 22, 2019
Glossolalia affects the brain in certain ways that indicate a loss of self control. It is very likely it what is responsible for the emotional feelings and outbursts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/07/health/07brain.html

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses Lies Exposed Again / Nigerian Pastor Drives Devil Out Of A Man By Beating & Punching Him(pics,video / Pastor Benny Hinn Confession And How God Will Overhaul The Church Of Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.