Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,163 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 (69056 Views)

Monsurat Ojuade, 18, Murdered In Cold Blood In Her Compound By The Police / 3rd Mainland Suicide: Toyin TKFashion Whose Nude Photos Went Viral Speaks / The Story Of MONSURAT TOYIN IGBIRA, The Most Notorious Drug Baroness In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2019
Rip Eyan Escobar. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2019
monsurat
Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by kingxsamz(m): 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2019
ojimbo:
Please Seun convert these likes, shares and comments to Money and pay me, I can't come and kill myself

Better view your mentions and stop stressing yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by ayfay047(f): 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2019
Priscy01:
The Story Of MONSURAT TOYIN IGBIRA, The Most Notorious Drug Baroness In Africa
https://www.nairaland.com/4221967/story-monsurat-toyin-igbira-most#up

Texxtile merchant, Monsurat Asabi, popularly known in the Nigerian social circuit as Toyin Igbira, has died of ovarian cancer, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV learnt that she was aged 56.

The mother of three reportedly passed on in the early hours of Saturday at a private hospital in Surulere, Lagos.

A toast of Fuji musicians, Igbira was a school dropout who later became a drug dealer.

The National Drugs Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) arrested her in 1999 at the age of 36 after years of extensive undercover anti-narcotic operations.

She was arraigned before a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos on a two-count charge of unlawfully dealing in 5 kg of heroin and sentenced to two years in prison.

Igbira was re-arrested at the Lagos airport in 2002 with 72 wraps of a substance suspected to be heroin.

An official of the NDLEA said she had evaded arrest for previous drug trafficking offences.

“Igbira was about to board a plane to the United States when she was arrested,” an NDLEA spokesperson said.

He said the woman, who had been on the drug agency’s wanted list since 1997, excreted 72 wraps of suspected heroin weighing 675g.

“This particular arrest led to chains of arrests that unravel the most notorious drug cartel,” he added.

Many drug couriers have named her as the source of their wares.

She was declared wanted in 2007 after one Mohammed Jamiu was arrested during the screening of passengers on a Virgin Nigeria flight from Lagos to London at the Lagos airport while attempting to export cocaine which he ingested.

Jamiu claimed during interrogation that the substance he ingested was given to him by Igbira who was then at large.

Sources said Igbira was diagnosed with ovarian cancer almost 10 years ago and her search for cure took her to hospitals in Europe and America.

She went into partial remission but suffered a relapse last year, prompting doctors to predict she may not live beyond February 2019.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/832213/just-in-notorious-nigerian-drug-dealer-dies-at-56/

ok
Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by ipobarethieves: 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2019
sad
Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by AngelHoly(m): 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2019
RIP...at least u have something upstairs Dan one useless borehole in bbnaija insulting person husband as if person have price her in marriage market
Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by LegoMetahuman: 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:
Eze-toyin....Igbirachukwu wink
if you know you know cheesy

1 Like

Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by Lexusgs430: 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2019
Our very own El chapo.........

1 Like

Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by Kyrx(m): 2:04pm On Jul 21, 2019
A wasted life.
Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 21, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Posterity will be kind to her memory. I just hope they don't stress her so much in purgatory.
the purgatory in your head?

1 Like

Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by hisexcellency34: 2:05pm On Jul 21, 2019
is she married to an Igbo man?
Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by Gandollar(f): 2:06pm On Jul 21, 2019
kaffyadeakeem:
Kwam 1 come to my mind
Till date kwam one still dey collect their money grin

1 Like

Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 21, 2019
May her soul Rest In Peace thoughts and prayers with her family so unfortunate
Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 21, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Posterity will be kind to her memory.
I just hope they don't stress her so much in purgatory.

NwaAmaikpe, my boo boo...how yonder? grin

good u r back

1 Like

Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by igboamakaaa: 2:09pm On Jul 21, 2019
hisexcellency34:
is she married to an Igbo man?
To the best of my knowledge and from research, Drug trafficking in Nigeria was pioneered by a group of persons from the yoruba extraction. The irony is that Tinubu, Monsurat and co. are the pioneer underworld drug barons/baronesses in Nigeria and not the igbos as you claim. Others (irrespective of tribe and political association) are just apprentices in the sight of this cabal.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by redsquare(m): 2:11pm On Jul 21, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Posterity will be kind to her memory.
I just hope they don't stress her so much in purgatory.

Wow, NwaAmaikpe is back! Nairaland will be fun to visit again. grin

2 Likes

Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by aomolola: 2:11pm On Jul 21, 2019
What shall it profit a woman who gains d whole world n loses her soul? I hope she gave her life to Christ before death

1 Like

Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by OmoOshodi(m): 2:12pm On Jul 21, 2019
Yoruba Muslim
Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by fabienjoe: 2:22pm On Jul 21, 2019
I'm just thinking...could her repeated concealment of these toxic drugs inside her body, have led to the ovarian cancer? It is possible a few may have burst inside her..Nothing good ever comes out of greed and crime..

1 Like

Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by headmaster02: 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2019
]Eze-toyin....Igbirachukwu ; she is actually an igbira woman from kogi state Nigeria. Thank you.
Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by Quality20(m): 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2019
is she igbirra woman or married to them?
Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jul 21, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:
Eze-toyin....Igbirachukwu wink
Lool. Funny you, let's stop tribalism, it breeds hate
Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by BabaAduras: 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2019
dawnomike:
What a life... May her soul rest in peace

If what is written about her is correct, then her soul cannot rest is peace.

Let's us stop this type of hypocrisy please.
Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by bukatyne(f): 2:39pm On Jul 21, 2019
BabaAduras:

If what is written about her is correct, then her soul cannot rest is peace.

Let's us stop this type of hypocrisy please.

Baba Aduras Don vex.
Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by jrusky(m): 2:55pm On Jul 21, 2019
Jayslicky:
Hahahaha when did yorubas start selling drugs, I thought they said it's only igbos that sell drugs.
This woman here has sold more drugs than an entire region.

Meanwhile some name checkers would avoid this thread.

Bro it's a lie, you lied, the OP lied. Guys sorry how old are you all? I have said it here pls do thorough check before abusing any tribe of wrongdoing if your tribe is a saint in such wrong doing or not.

Pls go back to history it was Akubueze that broke Africa record till date and it happened during Buhari millitary era where the cocaine and heroin this guy was caught with was so much that it was like in a container load brought to public heaped up and set on fire I still remember that very day.

You are calling 5kg and 72 wraps as the biggest in Africa? Bro biko let's leave talk. I said it few days ago things like this is one of the reason I don't do tribal attack because I have seen alot in life at my age.

Let every name checker just leave this thread to other side SE/ SW are guilty of this drug stunt so no name calling at all.

2 Likes

Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by Unrated900(m): 3:01pm On Jul 21, 2019
If you check her background very well.

She must has one Igbo man in their family that always ginger them,or she must have married an ibo man the only way to succeed in life is short court as their anthem reads
Because a mere Yoruba person can’t be this active all the time.
Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by Orpe7(m): 3:07pm On Jul 21, 2019
Her husband must be igbo
Only them can influence you to be this bad
Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by Jayslicky: 3:08pm On Jul 21, 2019
jrusky:

Bro it's a lie, you lied, the OP lied. Guys sorry how old are you all? I have said it here pls do thorough check before abusing any tribe of wrongdoing if your tribe is a saint in such wrong doing or not.
Pls go back to history it was Akubueze that broke Africa record till date and it happened during Buhari millitary era where the cocaine and heroin this guy was caught with was so much that it was like in a container load brought to public heaped up and set on fire I still remember that very day.
You are calling 5kg and 72 wraps as the biggest in Africa? Bro biko let's leave talk. I said it few days ago things like this is one of the reason I don't do tribal attack because I have seen alot in life at my age.
Let every name checker just leave this thread to other side SE/ SW are guilty of this drug stunt so no name calling at all.
Ok. When an igbo person is convicted of drug trafficking, you will see most yorubas insulting igbos here.
Re: Toyin Igbira Is Dead! Monsurat Asabi Dies At 56 by ijabiken1(m): 3:08pm On Jul 21, 2019
Priscy01:
The Story Of MONSURAT TOYIN IGBIRA, The Most Notorious Drug Baroness In Africa
https://www.nairaland.com/4221967/story-monsurat-toyin-igbira-most#up

Texxtile merchant, Monsurat Asabi, popularly known in the Nigerian social circuit as Toyin Igbira, has died of ovarian cancer, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV learnt that she was aged 56.

The mother of three reportedly passed on in the early hours of Saturday at a private hospital in Surulere, Lagos.

A toast of Fuji musicians, Igbira was a school dropout who later became a drug dealer.

The National Drugs Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) arrested her in 1999 at the age of 36 after years of extensive undercover anti-narcotic operations.

She was arraigned before a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos on a two-count charge of unlawfully dealing in 5 kg of heroin and sentenced to two years in prison.

Igbira was re-arrested at the Lagos airport in 2002 with 72 wraps of a substance suspected to be heroin.

An official of the NDLEA said she had evaded arrest for previous drug trafficking offences.

“Igbira was about to board a plane to the United States when she was arrested,” an NDLEA spokesperson said.

He said the woman, who had been on the drug agency’s wanted list since 1997, excreted 72 wraps of suspected heroin weighing 675g.

“This particular arrest led to chains of arrests that unravel the most notorious drug cartel,” he added.

Many drug couriers have named her as the source of their wares.

She was declared wanted in 2007 after one Mohammed Jamiu was arrested during the screening of passengers on a Virgin Nigeria flight from Lagos to London at the Lagos airport while attempting to export cocaine which he ingested.

Jamiu claimed during interrogation that the substance he ingested was given to him by Igbira who was then at large.

Sources said Igbira was diagnosed with ovarian cancer almost 10 years ago and her search for cure took her to hospitals in Europe and America.

She went into partial remission but suffered a relapse last year, prompting doctors to predict she may not live beyond February 2019.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/832213/just-in-notorious-nigerian-drug-dealer-dies-at-56/

she fault a good fight,she is a heroe,sleep on my dear.pls when u get to heaven tell yaradua that buhari as finished Nigerians o,that we cnt even eat 2meals a day again o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uncle Kills His Niece In Port Harcourt (Disturbing Photos) / Ghanaian Woman Beheads Her Husband Over Cheating (Photo) / Nigeria's Most Brilliant Kidnapper Evans Paraded After His Arrest In Lagos.Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.