Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,152 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills (42456 Views)

Sadiq Daba Back In Nigeria From UK Medical Treatment (Photos) / Good Samaritan Donates N10m To Sadiq Daba (Photo) / Sadiq Daba: "I Don’t Want To Be Castrated" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by Drinokrane: 8:01pm On Jul 21, 2019
Billionaire businessman, Femi Otedola, has undertaken to take care of the medical bills of veteran actor, Sadiq Daba, Igbere TV reports.

Otedola disclosed this in a statement released on Sunday.

Daba travelled to the United Kingdom in 2017 for the treatment of leukaemia and prostate cancer.

He returned to Nigeria a few weeks after with reports that his situation was not as bad as feared.

Two years after, the October 1 star was recently admitted at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital for what those close to him said was chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

“I heard about Mr. Sadiq Daba’s health condition when it was brought to my attention through an online news story I read two days ago,” Otedola said in his statement.

“I was saddened to hear that he had taken ill again after overcoming his challenges from prostate cancer just two years ago.

“From the news report, I gathered that he was rushed to the Emergency unit of LUTH after being diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).

“I must say that even though I don’t know Mr. Daba personally, he is a face I am familiar with through the old TV drama production ‘Cock Crow at Dawn’ which I used to watch while growing up.

“I was moved by a sense of nostalgia and concern when I read of his medical situation recently and decided to take over his medical bills. He has been visited and arrangements are being made to support him.

“In other climes, the likes of Sadiq Daba and other such actors who more or less paved the way for the entertainment industry and the Nollywood industry in Nigeria (which is touted as the 3rd largest movie industry in the world) would be celebrated as Icons and due recognition would be accorded to them.

“For me, taking care of Sadiq’s medical expenses is my little way of showing appreciation and gratitude for the good memories he created for me and others in the past.”

Otedola had in April accepted to foot the medical bills of former Super Eagles’ coach, Christian Chukwu, who was reportedly diagnosed with prostate cancer.

Chukwu returned to the country two Fridays ago after his treatment in the UK which reportedly cost Otedola N36,635,000, Igbere TV reports.

A similar gesture was extended to Tinsel actor, Victor Olaotan, in 2018.

Olaotan became bedridden from an accident he had on the Lagos/Ibadan expressway in 2016.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/833719/billionaire-businessman-otedola-takes-over-veteran-actor-sadiq-dabas-medical-bills/

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by timibare(m): 8:24pm On Jul 21, 2019
Good man

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by aanuoluwami14(f): 8:24pm On Jul 21, 2019
God bless you sir

44 Likes

Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by Moneywirer: 8:24pm On Jul 21, 2019
Giving is living

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by Funmmyastic: 9:34pm On Jul 21, 2019
And some peeps will say he does not help people.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by CANDYDADDY(m): 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2019
angry

Chukwu returned to the country two Fridays ago after his treatment in the UK which reportedly cost Otedola N36,635,000, Igbere TV reports

Otedola had in April accepted to foot the medical bills of former Super Eagles’ coach, Christian Chukwu, who was reportedly diagnosed with prostate cancer

Someone is going on a medical bill spree just to hold stand in the next unseen future as one time spendthrift philanthropist

4 Likes

Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by nelsonstudio1(m): 10:48pm On Jul 21, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by Isoduwa(m): 10:49pm On Jul 21, 2019
Funmmyastic:
And some peeps will say he does not help people.

Enter house na you talk am

9 Likes

Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by Jac007(m): 10:49pm On Jul 21, 2019
This man is kindhearted, God bless me so I can help people in need.

27 Likes

Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by datola: 10:50pm On Jul 21, 2019
Wow!

God bless daddy Cuffy.

3 Likes

Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by itspzpics(m): 10:50pm On Jul 21, 2019
wink smiley
Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by Johnedoh: 10:51pm On Jul 21, 2019
This is really the essence of living! To what measure is your wealth if you haven't affected lives of people positively? Otedola you be man!

15 Likes

Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by coolgb(m): 10:52pm On Jul 21, 2019
God bless you more sir. You have put a smile on the family's faces

6 Likes

Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by soberdrunk(m): 10:52pm On Jul 21, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy Smart man, deprive millions of basic infrastructure by engaging in shady political business deals, make billions and turn around to play saint by helping a few and the millions of ignorant Nigerians will think he is their saviour........ angry

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by ishawlar: 10:53pm On Jul 21, 2019
God will keep enriching ur pocket for saving lives. Thank u sir

4 Likes

Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by MobileGees: 10:53pm On Jul 21, 2019
CANDYDADDY:
angry

Someone is going on a medical bill spree just to hold stand in the next unseen future as one time spendthrift philanthropist
Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by Softmeecay: 10:53pm On Jul 21, 2019
Kind gesture
Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by iamawara(m): 10:53pm On Jul 21, 2019
Ote$ for president

2 Likes

Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by toyinjimoh(m): 10:54pm On Jul 21, 2019
May God continue to bless you Mr eazy father inlaw, givers never lack
Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by yomalex(m): 10:54pm On Jul 21, 2019
Good

Bulk sms service with DND Delivery.

www.domesms.com.ng
Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by lilmax(m): 10:56pm On Jul 21, 2019
where are our billionaire actresses

1 Like

Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by oobelomo: 10:57pm On Jul 21, 2019
He is helping, but he values the populace than unknown people

1 Like

Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by Karo8868(m): 10:57pm On Jul 21, 2019
God bless this man....Amen and Amen
Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by joyfullyjoyous(f): 10:58pm On Jul 21, 2019
Such a kindhearted down-to- earth man. May God continue to bless him.
Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by mechanics(m): 11:00pm On Jul 21, 2019
He's a good man.
Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by NextBuhari: 11:02pm On Jul 21, 2019
And all the business centers called worship centers will pretend they are not aware of his plight and that of many others.
Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by imitateMe(m): 11:03pm On Jul 21, 2019
Celebrity with sense.
Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by Sinach0191(m): 11:03pm On Jul 21, 2019
Otedola with the money oo
Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by Omeleyi: 11:03pm On Jul 21, 2019
You too much Jor!!! this is what life is about. I salute
Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 21, 2019
Hmm.
Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by lexy2014: 11:06pm On Jul 21, 2019
lilmax:
where are our billionaire actresses

Bros....u wan find trouble abi? grin cheesy
Re: Otedola Takes Over Sadiq Daba’s Medical Bills by imitateMe(m): 11:06pm On Jul 21, 2019
soberdrunk:
cheesy cheesy cheesy Smart man, deprive millions of basic infrastructure by engaging in shady political business deals, make billions and turn around to play saint by helping a few and the millions of ignorant Nigerians will think he is their saviour........ angry
At least he did something. You think it's easy to bring 40 million naira from your account and give someone who doesn't know you personally? Go and try it; even if you are a billionaire, you'd see that it isn't easy.

29 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bianca Ojukwu: Most Beautiful Woman In Nigeria! / Genevieve Nnaji To Keep Donating To Feminist Coalition Despite Stoppage / Don Jazzy Reacts To Being Quizzed By DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.