Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Understanding mas-tur-ba-tion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding mas-tur-ba-tion (687 Views)

Luciferean Series I: Understanding Christianity / The Main Reason That may have Prompted The Pope' S Renuncia·tion/resignation / “mast.urba.tion Is Not A Sin” Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Defends His False Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding mas-tur-ba-tion by Jovie: 12:47am On Oct 14, 2010
the nairaland system has changed all the places where the word mas-tur-ba-tion was used here to "self-service". but the meanings remain the same.

There's this really great article that explains self-service clearly and biblically. Its written by Emeka S. Nwadigo. The full article is on http://aspire.org.ng but here is an excerpt:

The purpose of this page is to explain why self-service can be detrimental to life and to encourage people to abandon the practice. Granted, self-service may bring temporary pleasure, but it often comes with the long-term cost of addiction and other sexual problems. Because many people reading this page are not Christians, I’ve created a separate section for the spiritually-based points.

If you are a Christian, I encourage you to take a moment to ask God to show you the truth concerning self-service.

Non-spiritual points about self-service

1. self-service is addictive! I encourage anyone who doubts self-service is addictive to see how many weeks or months they can go without self-servicing. We know now that sexual addictions are in fact self-induced drug addictions. The chemicals our bodies release during sexual arousal create the same effect on the brain as drugs. Repeated self-service reinforces a brain chemistry loop of addiction…As with drug addiction; self-service requires an increasing amount of stimulus to achieve consistent levels of pleasure. This can lead to both an increased frequency of the habit and a never-ending search for new material to enhance the experience.

2. self-service conditions our bodies to respond to self-stimulation, which is self-centered. This damages our ability to relate to another person sexually. Sex is a relational experience, where we give attention to another person’s needs at least as much as to our own. If we’ve been serving our own desires habitually, we may find it difficult to give our partner the attention he or she desires. Additionally, the hormones released in the brain during sexual arousal cause a bonding to whatever we are looking at and/or thinking about at the time. This can cause us to be more sexually responsive to self-service (and its associated fantasies) than to real sex.

Spiritual points about self-service

For Christians, there are some important issues we need to address concerning self-service. The foundational question is, “Are you committed to honoring God with your life?” If you are, then I urge you to carefully consider the points presented in this section.

Let’s first examine the typical sins that accompany self-service: lust and sexual idolatry. These may not be involved in every case, but they usually are.
Lust
Definitions from Webster’s Dictionary:

(1) Intense or unbridled sexual desire, lasciviousness…an intense longing: craving
(11) to have an intense desire or need, crave
Obvious examples of lust during self-service include looking at indecency and fantasizing about sex. As we can see from the definitions, lust can simply be an intense longing or craving. It may not even be a conscious thought, but simply a gut feeling of the flesh.

When we look at indecency or form sexual images by memory or imagination during self-service, we are basically feeding an immoderate attachment or devotion to the idol of sex. Such attachment and devotion is greatly reinforced by the pleasurable brain chemicals released during sexual arousal and heavenly feeling.

Idolatry is sin (Exodus 20:3-5) and it can bring unpleasant consequences, such as demonic oppression and generational curses. God’s primary command to us is that we love him with all our heart, soul and mind (Matthew 22:36-38). I suggest that it is impossible to love God with all our heart, soul and mind when we are idolizing sex images in our eyes and thoughts!

for the full article, please go to the web page listed above. its really insightful
Re: Understanding mas-tur-ba-tion by vescucci(m): 8:18am On Oct 14, 2010
Hmmm. The non-spiritual points make sense but I don't think or know if there's any self-servicer who doesn't prefer the real deal
Re: Understanding mas-tur-ba-tion by Kay17: 11:17am On Oct 14, 2010
grin grin grin
Re: Understanding mas-tur-ba-tion by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:54am On Oct 19, 2010
vescucci:

Hmmm. The non-spiritual points make sense but I don't think or know if there's any self-servicer who doesn't prefer the real deal

Speak 4 urself. ever tried 2-handed self-servicing with add-ons wink

(1) (Reply)

Muslim 'inferiority Complex' Kills Christians / Muslims Pay Solidarity Visit To Christian Churches In Kano - Signs Of Hope / Global Revolutions? Pay Attention To These 3 Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.