Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

What Information Does BVN Provide? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Information Does BVN Provide? (784 Views)

BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules / Can I Change My BVN Picture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Information Does BVN Provide? by U1(m): 8:58pm On Jul 21, 2019
Hello! I have been wondering about this for some time and I'd appreciate if someone who knows can share.

Whenever institutions and bodies, such as banks, lenders and N-Power, request for BVN, I feel curious what they do with it. Does this number allow them to know balance on all your linked accounts or does it also provide access to your full account statements?

The official website that should have this information didn't.

I don't even know what REAL benefits the number gives a customer. The attached is a screenshot of a portion of the BVN page on the NIBSS website noting the 'benefits.' I struggled to understand some of these benefits when I first saw them years ago - I still don't understand them.

Anyone who knows what information the BVN shows should please share. Thanks!

Re: What Information Does BVN Provide? by SUPERPACK: 9:26pm On Jul 21, 2019
U1:
Hello! I have been wondering about this for some time and I'd appreciate if someone who knows can share.

Whenever institutions and bodies, such as banks, lenders and N-Power, request for BVN, I feel curious what they do with it. Does this number allow them to know balance on all your linked accounts or does it also provide access to your full account statements?

The official website that should have this information didn't.

I don't even know what REAL benefits the number gives a customer. The attached is a screenshot of a portion of the BVN page on the NIBSS website noting the 'benefits.' I struggled to understand some of these benefits when I first saw them years ago - I still don't understand them.

Anyone who knows what information the BVN shows should please share. Thanks!
bvn serves as a bank identity card in nigeria, if you have 5 accounts in in 5 different banks, ones the ban you in one of those banks. its will affect the remaining. npower uses to make sure you don't get paid multiple times in various accounts.
Re: What Information Does BVN Provide? by U1(m): 10:11pm On Jul 21, 2019
SUPERPACK:
bvn serves as a bank identity card in nigeria, if you have 5 accounts in in 5 different banks, ones the ban you in one of those banks. its will affect the remaining. npower uses to make sure you don't get paid multiple times in various accounts.

Thanks for the feedback.

I guess anyone who has access to the BVN have access to your account statement then. Is that correct? I assume that's the only way N-Power can know if you have been paid previously.
Re: What Information Does BVN Provide? by U1(m): 5:06pm On Jul 22, 2019
Any more info on this, please?

(1) (Reply)

Learn how to trade, analyse and make money by yourself. / I need a car for Uber/taxify / Another Mtn Fraud Data Compensation!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.