Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In (7264 Views)

Freestyle / Freestyle On The Runway Fashion Fair Show - 2015 / Madlady I Need U!!!!!!!!!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by AqRiUsAge(f): 2:07am On Oct 14, 2010
GoT DrEdLoKs?!? When and how did you get them installed? Please share your stories,  haircare routine, start-up cost, type of locs and such!

WANT dredlocs? Got questions/ comments? Please do share.

madlady:
  I would really like to find out how to start the sister locks, it's very hard to find people who do it in the UK.
Maybe we can chat in the Fashion Section. smiley
@Madlady
Sisterlocs is a patented idea (by Dr. J Cornwell, I think it is) so I cant really teach you how to do that. I can however, teach you how to do MICROlocs wink  (really similar to sisterlocks) using a crochet system. You wont need grease or beezwax. All you'll need is clean hair and a tool. What tool, you ask? lol A needle (large sized one lke a kiddie needle or a knitting one from the craft section of a store like walmart). I warn you though, it takes a whle to do (even longer if you have long hair) but if you can do it, its totally worth it. If you cant, try bigger loc routes (like palmrolled, braidedlocs and such). let me know if you're interested in microlocs. I've senen one lady with microlocs and I actually thought that they were sisterlocs. The lady said she did them herself and she had more locs than I did (and I have over 400) so that was quite impressive. i'm a DIYer-fan (not so much of a DIY, just a DIYer fan lol) so I'm totally glad you're considering doing it yourself. If however, you realize you cant (if its too overwhelming), have you considered checking on the sisterlocks.com site for a loctitian near you? They have certified loctitians on their site. My loctitian charged $500 CAD for my first installation. It took us 11 hours. She charges $30/hour when I retighten and it usually takes about 3 hours. i retighten every 2 months. I mention the cost because I know that the cost is sometimes an issue with sisterlocs. But then again, I cant do it myself (lazy lol) so I grin and baear it. Besides, my loctitian is aweeeeesome! smiley But if you prefer to do it on your own, then I can certainly help out with instructions for microlocs. smiley
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by madlady(f): 7:47am On Oct 14, 2010
^^Oh my gosh what can a say, your a wonderful person. kiss kiss

You said it wink, it costs serious bucks here in the UK, and it does not look half as good as yours.

Let me be honest, I want to learn how to do it to earn a little cash on the side ( I am not painting at the moment) so if you if you have second thoughts I will understand.

I cannot do it on my hair, it would need wax to hold the strands in place, I don't like wax in my hair.

I am very good at mirobraiding and mircobraiding into specific styles, normally I do a head in 20 to 3o hours so I am use to the placement processes and cutting.

I cannot wait to learn YOUR new system.

ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by SAGoddess: 8:01am On Oct 14, 2010
Awesome, I look forward to learning more on how to take care of my natural hair. . . . . . . .I don't personally want the locks to be permanent but I am sure I will get great tips on this thread!
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by AqRiUsAge(f): 9:06am On Oct 14, 2010
@madlady
haha you're welcome and thanks.
Hey, to each her own. If you can make some profit off of it, then be my guest! Oh, you're a painter! coooool. !
Am trying to figure out the best way to go about this. Maybe Ill make a youtbe video and post the lnk on here. The problem is it'd be hard to understand if you dont already have an idea of how to do it. So, some visuals might help. Besides, if you're a visual learner like me then you'll really need that. I'll try to make one by tomorrow. Check back in within 12 hour. I have a piece of hair that I can use to show you.

@SAGoddess, hiiii!
You may be interested in using extensions to make s microlocs. I'm not so much about extensions, but I know that some people do do that.Depending on how long your natural hair is, you braid your natural hair (braiding extensions into it) and once you've braided past the length of your hair, you microloc the extennsions. I know somepeople who wanted locs but had short hair and didnt want short locs, started theirlocs using this idea. Another idea might be to microbraid singles, . I know they also have dredweaves, if you like those.
I admit, its a little tough to have locs that arent permanent. I wonder if anyone has any other ideas on this.
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by SAGoddess: 9:24am On Oct 14, 2010
AqRiUs Age:

@madlady
Hey, to each her own. If you can make some profit off of it, then be my guest! Oh, you're a painter! coooool. !
Am trying to figure out the best way to go about this. Maybe Ill make a youtbe video and post the lnk on here. The problem is it'd be hard to understand if you dont already have an idea of how to do it. So, some visuals might help. Besides, if you're a visual learner like me then you'll really need that. I'll try to make one by tomorrow. Check back in within 12 hour. I have a piece of hair that I can use to show you.

@SAGoddess, hiiii!
You may be interested in using extensions to make s microlocs. I'm not so much about extensions, but I know that some people do do that.Depending on how long your natural hair is, you braid your natural hair (braiding extensions into it) and once you've braided past the length of your hair, you microloc the extennsions. I know somepeople who wanted locs but had short hair and didnt want short locs, started theirlocs using this idea. Another idea might be to microbraid singles, . I know they also have dredweaves, if you like those.
I admit, its a little tough to have locs that arent permanent. I wonder if anyone has any other ideas on this.

I will have to be patient I guess and let my hair grow out on its own, too scared to try braiding with hair extensions as that is the reason I ended up cutting my hair last month, had kept them in too long. . . . . .I don't want my hair to lock as I would like to have the freedom to change styles as and when I wish, thanks for the tips though. I am watching this thread with keen interest. . . . . . . .
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by Ejadamen(f): 10:07am On Oct 14, 2010
I saw sisterlocs on its website i think and fell in love with it and all the versatile styles until I read that it's permanent. To remove it one would have to cut it off shocked I'm not going to let my hair grow in sisterlocs for like 2 yrs and then cut my hard grown hair off! Is that fact or fiction?

I'm confused by all these many types of locs. Take braidlocs for instance,what is that? I saw a pic of it where a lady braided her hair into individual braids(no extensions) and left it and it became locs(is that how it works?) I'm wondering what happens to the new growth of hair after a while? Would sha re-braid?
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by madlady(f): 2:59pm On Oct 14, 2010
AqRiUs Age:

@madlady
Am trying to figure out the best way to go about this. Maybe Ill make a youtbe video and post the lnk on here. The problem is it'd be hard to understand if you dont already have an idea of how to do it. So, some visuals might help. Besides,

if you're a visual learner like me then you'll really need that.

I'll try to make one by tomorrow. Check back in within 12 hour. I have a piece of hair that I can use to show you.

@SAGoddess, hiiii!

Yes I am, I just recalled that I learnt how to do  Electrolysis like that.

A huge THANK YOU. AqRiUs Age, Hmm because I intend to profit from your help I think it would only be fair if I give you something.

No need to rush, I will keep checking back in,wherever I am. kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by AqRiUsAge(f): 7:30pm On Oct 14, 2010
Good quetion, Ejadamen. Most people dont know the differences between all the types of locs. I'll be back to give you a detailed explanation (gorra run to werk lol). TTYL
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by Sissy3(f): 11:31am On Oct 15, 2010
AqRiUs Age

can you spicy SLs up w/ different styles? if so, what other styles can you possibly style yours as it is now?
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by naijadiva2(f): 3:15pm On Oct 15, 2010
I love your SLs aquarius_age!!!!

I heard that u can remove regular dreads and perhaps SLs but the process is extremely tedious. It takes days. You have to soak the hair in conditioner for days so that the dreads become swollen and loose. Then u start from the tip the hair to "untangle" it. Im sure there some YT clips that help explain the process.

I've always wanted dreads since i was like 10yrs but my mom was like no. But now that im older and can make my own decisions, i wouldn't mind doing them but i like styling my hair. I am natural and can create imitate dreads with my own hair or extension so im cool with that. sometimes when i wear my hair in twist, some ppl think that my hair is locked.
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by AqRiUsAge(f): 7:38pm On Oct 15, 2010
Okay, Madlady, here ya go (lol you dont owe me anything. Your interest is more than enough reward for me. BTW thanks for ebing honest about your intention to make money off'a the idea). I made 3 vids of it. PLEASE let me know if it isnt informative enough as I can certainly make another one or explain it with words. Luck was soooo shining on us because I had a pece of stray hair at the back of my head, so I had something to show it with.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyhtXjbCrGU?fs=1&hl=en_US"[/flash]
The hair I did it with, was already sort of matting at the ends because I'd been "playing" with it for days,  but in the case of a new client, with fresh unmatted hair, try teasing the ends (before you start) so thta it matts together to make it easier for you. You may also choose to braid the ends before you start.
[/flash]
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSc2JD3dD7E?fs=1&hl=en_US"[/flash]

There is the second bit.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONbztQaPYiI?fs=1&hl=en_US"[/flash]

I could NOT believe how many clips I saw of this same interlocking system on youtube. There are quite alot of them. Its good to see that people dont actually mind teaching others about this. The more people can fix their own natural hairstyles, the more comfortable people will be with wearing their natural hair.

About Tools:
If that needle isnt working for you, you may also use a crochet hook. THIS IS BEST if you are not doing it on your own head. If you are, I find it too difficult to manage. Madlady, you may prefer to use a crochet hook instead. (sorry, I didnt have one handy to show you).
About the patterns:
When interlocking, you can use a 2point, 3 point or 4 point pattern. In the videos up ^^^there, I used the 2 point pattern. The pattern is similar to the face of a clock. A two point pattern would be going from 6 oc'lock towards 12 o'clock (that is one way) and then going from 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock. NO it doesnt matter which way you go first, i.e if you please, go 3-9, then 6-12 or go 12-6 and then 9-3, who cares? Its your hair and it really doesnt matter. Eitherway, that is the 2 point pattern (in other words, you are going in 2 directions. A 4 point pattern would go in 4 drections. e.g 12 to 6, then 3 to 9, then 6 to 12 then 9 to 3. What you DONT  want to do is go in the same direction twice (e.g going 12 to 6 then going 12 to 6 again. if you do this, you'll end up with a hole in your loc and you dont want that because it wont loc as well and it woit WILL leave you with a weak link in your loc where you loc could eventually break off). You also DONT want to go in opposite directions consecutively (e.g going 12 to 6 then 6 to 12 immediately after. this will undo the first attern you did. In other words, you'll just undo the 12 to 6 patter you first made. lease let me know if you dont undrstand).
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by madlady(f): 7:47pm On Oct 15, 2010
^^Right I am on it. cool cool cool cool smiley smiley smiley

I will remove in 2 .
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by AqRiUsAge(f): 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2010
Madlady, see your email pls. If you dont get it, my email address is on my profile info page smiley

BTW pls see my previous post. There are some modifications.
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by madlady(f): 8:05pm On Oct 15, 2010
Ok I've seen video 1

I have a needle that looks like that, I use it for my friend's hair when I do weave-on.

Fantastic video.
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by jaybee3(m): 8:05pm On Oct 15, 2010
2 mins long gone shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by madlady(f): 8:08pm On Oct 15, 2010
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by jaybee3(m): 8:09pm On Oct 15, 2010
u welcome @sanelady
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by AqRiUsAge(f): 8:14pm On Oct 15, 2010
LL@Jaybee

Madlady, YUP! The curved weave needles are even better! Since they're curved, they're easier to manipulate. You certainly have the right idea.
SA Goddess:

Awesome, I look forward to learning more on how to take care of my natural hair. . . . . . . .I don't personally want the locks to be permanent but I am sure I will get great tips on this thread!
naija_diva:
I love your SLs aquarius_age!!!!I heard that u can remove regular dreads and perhaps SLs but the process is extremely tedious. It takes days. You have to soak the hair in conditioner for days so that the dreads become swollen and loose. Then u start from the tip the hair to "untangle" it. Im sure there some YT clips that help explain the process. I've always wanted dreads since i was like 10yrs but my mom was like no. But now that im older and can make my own decisions, i wouldn't mind doing them but i like styling my hair. I am natural and can create imitate dreads with my own hair or extension so im cool with that. sometimes when i wear my hair in twist, some ppl think that my hair is locked.
Aww thank you, Naija_diva. I appreciate it. BTW, SAGoddess, Naija Diva does have the right idea. My loctitian DID tell me that you can undo sisterlocs. Its true. BUT she also made me aware that its a tedious process, and you may lose hair from the process. Would I suggest it? No. Not unless your hair is the type that takes A long time to matt (in which case, it hopefully hasnt matted by the time you decide to undo it). But keep in mind that mine took over a year to matt SO with that said, you do have a long time. Another reason why i would not advice undooing sisterlocks is the cost. Its too bleepn expensive to install, to them decide to uninstall. If you want locs that you'll end up uninstalling, try larger locs through other methods (I'll explain the methods in later posts) or if you must go with the smaller ones, try non-ssterlocs that are small (like microlocs smiley   ).
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by AqRiUsAge(f): 8:22pm On Oct 15, 2010
~Sissy~:

AqRiUs Age

can you spicy SLs up w/ different styles? if so, what other styles can you possibly style yours as it is now?

Yeah you certianly can. Think about it this way, the locs are flexible, small, and stranded. SO! Whatever youc an do with weave, you can do with SLs and microlocs. Only thing is, you're less likely to want to chop them up into styles but if you want to cut it up in styles, be my guest!
Right now, I have mine in chinabumps (or bantu knots), and will be taking them out later tonight. I can wear them in this way or wear them in curls (that will be formed by the time I take the knots out). I'm making a YTube vid of that and may post it on here if you please.
I've also done upsweeps, sidesweeps, bands, and such. I prefer mine down with bangs (love bangs).

@Ejadamen
I havent forgotten about your question.
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by AqRiUsAge(f): 8:28pm On Oct 15, 2010
Ejadamen:

I saw sisterlocs on its website i think and fell in love with it and all the versatile styles until I read that it's permanent. To remove it one would have to cut it off shocked I'm not going to let my hair grow in sisterlocs for like 2 yrs and then cut my hard grown hair off! Is that fact or fiction? I'm confused by all these many types of locs. Take braidlocs for instance,what is that? I saw a pic of it where a lady braided her hair into individual braids(no extensions) and left it and it became locs(is that how it works?) I'm wondering what happens to the new growth of hair after a while? Would sha re-braid?
Ejadamen, to answer your first question, please see below:
naija_diva:

I love your SLs aquarius_age!!!!

I heard that u can remove regular dreads and perhaps SLs but the process is extremely tedious. It takes days. You have to soak the hair in conditioner for days so that the dreads become swollen and loose. Then u start from the tip the hair to "untangle" it. Im sure there some YT clips that help explain the process.

I've always wanted dreads since i was like 10yrs but my mom was like no. But now that im older and can make my own decisions, i wouldn't mind doing them but i like styling my hair. I am natural and can create imitate dreads with my own hair or extension so im cool with that. sometimes when i wear my hair in twist, some ppl think that my hair is locked.
AqRiUs Age:

LL@Jaybee

Madlady, YUP! The curved weave needles are even better! Since they're curved, they're easier to manipulate. You certainly have the right idea. Aww thank you, Naija_diva. I appreciate it. BTW, SAGoddess, Naija Diva does have the right idea. My loctitian DID tell me that you can undo sisterlocs. Its true. BUT she also made me aware that its a tedious process, and you may lose hair from the process. Would I suggest it? No. Not unless your hair is the type that takes A long time to matt (in which case, it hopefully hasnt matted by the time you decide to undo it). But keep in mind that mine took over a year to matt SO with that said, you do have a long time. Another reason why i would not advice undooing sisterlocks is the cost. Its too bleepn expensive to install, to them decide to uninstall. If you want locs that you'll end up uninstalling, try larger locs through other methods (I'll explain the methods in later posts) or if you must go with the smaller ones, try non-ssterlocs that are small (like microlocs smiley ).
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by AqRiUsAge(f): 8:36pm On Oct 15, 2010
Ejadamen:

I'm confused by all these many types of locs. Take braidlocs for instance,what is that? I saw a pic of it where a lady braided her hair into individual braids(no extensions) and left it and it became locs(is that how it works?) I'm wondering what happens to the new growth of hair after a while? Would sha re-braid?
Braidlocs: A form of locs that are started, by using braids. Please keep in mind that you can only start the locs using this process, but you'll have to employ a different method (interlocking, twisting or palmrolling), to retighten (in other words, to loc the new growth) it. Braidlocs are done by braiding your hair, and leaving the braids in. In other words, you never take the braids out and then it locs that way. This is probably the easiest way to start your locs especially if you're starting them on your own. This is the most cost effective way and it requires no gel/beezwax/hairproducts. just time, and effort smiley. i fidn that braidslocs is better for smaller hair (not necessarily shorter hair, but smaller as in tiny locs as opposed to big-chunky ones. For the former, try interlocking). So, yes you have the right idea, Ejadamen, the lady did braidslocs. She cant rebraid the new growth so she'll have to try one of the other methods.
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by naijadiva2(f): 8:40pm On Oct 15, 2010
What are microlocks? can u remove them? are they just like sisterlocks (as far as size and style are concerned)
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by madlady(f): 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2010
OH gosh that was great.

I have questions, sorry. embarassed

Before I start, the videos are really wonderful and your hair looks even better close-up.

1 Do I carry on the action until I reach the hair root?

2 To re-tighten, can I go OVER some of the existing loc before I reach the loose section?

3 Is this the  curved needle you spoke about?

Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by Ejadamen(f): 9:49pm On Oct 15, 2010
AqRiUs Age:

Braidlocs: A form of locs that are started, by using braids. Please keep in mind that you can only start the locs using this process, but you'll have to employ a different method (interlocking, twisting or palmrolling), to retighten (in other words, to loc the new growth) it. Braidlocs are done by braiding your hair, and leaving the braids in. In other words, you never take the braids out and then it locs that way. This is probably the easiest way to start your locs especially if you're starting them on your own. This is the most cost effective way and it requires no gel/beezwax/hairproducts. just time, and effort smiley. i fidn that braidslocs is better for smaller hair (not necessarily shorter hair, but smaller as in tiny locs as opposed to big-chunky ones. For the former, try interlocking). So, yes you have the right idea, Ejadamen, the lady did braidslocs. She cant rebraid the new growth so she'll have to try one of the other methods.
Thanks. I am interested in dreadlocs but only if I can get my hair back when I want to take them out.
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by AqRiUsAge(f): 10:26pm On Oct 15, 2010
@Naija_diva[/b]Microlocs are to sisterlocs what laptops are to macbooks.
Microlocs are locs that are made small (regardless what tool you use, though the common tool fr microlocs is to go the interlocking route). Sisterlocs is a type of microlocs, but its a patented type. Its like,  a "brandname". In my opinion, there arent much differences between the two, but the lady who patented the idea, would disagree. Keep in mind that she makes $ off of making people believe that the two types of locs are different, so her judgement may be biased due to that. I have sisterlocs, and I feel that it isnt different from regular microlocs.

[b]@Madlady

(its okay)1.Yes, you do. But dont mae it too tight toot he root because you'll end up with a knot as the loc grows out. you'll probably make this mistake once and only once lol. Keep n mind that when its too tight, it may be uncomfrotable for your client. 2. No, because the old loc is already done with. You dont need to do anything else to it. To retighten, you start at the top of the new growth (i.e the junction of where the new groth and the formed loc starts) and work your way down to the root. #3. Yes. BUT that one looks to me like the type that has small holes. Search for one with larger holes so the hiar can fit through. If you cant find those, then use one like I did (the craft needle). Bestif you can use a crochet hook, since you wont be oding it in your own hair.

[b]@Ejadamen[/b]I WNDER IF ANYONE WOULD HAVE OTHER IDEAS AS TO HOW TO START/DO NON PERMANEN LOCS. Check this video, Ejadamen. This one isnt permernent, though it involves the use of an extension.
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rXRemau6DY?fs=1&hl=en_US"[/flash]
An otheridea that comes to mind (and SAgodess might be interested in this, also) is to twist (two strand twist) your own hair and leave it in for a while.
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by madlady(f): 6:34am On Oct 16, 2010
@AqRiUs Age smiley smiley smiley smiley

I've had a go at the YOUR TECHNIQUE (on a wig head dummy) it's very effective. It's more time consuming than mirco braids shocked shocked.

3 more questions pls embarassed.

1. If I do it tightly will it give that RINGLET effect?

2. How fine can I go?

3. I place micro-braids in the head in rows, I part and place in exact formation. If I do the same with YOUR TECHNIQUE, will I achieve a very neat style?
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by AqRiUsAge(f): 6:39pm On Oct 16, 2010
Yeah, oh yeah it certainly is. Sometimes when I think about it, I realize that loctitians who charge so much money (like for SLs) do deserve how much they charge because its so time consuming.

No problem.

1.No, it wont. If you do it too tightly at the roots however, it will cause knots (you dont want knots, it'll get weak and may eventually break off at the knot)

2.As fine as you please. Keep in mind that the finer (is that even a word? lol) you go, the more time conuming it'll be and the momore challenging it'll be for the client to get it retightened (it'll cost them more time and money).

3.Can you explain what you mean again? I didnt get it. Do you mean the pattern that you did when you parted the hair?
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by madlady(f): 9:19pm On Oct 16, 2010
Hi @AqRiUs Age smiley smiley

The question I should have asked is "if I keep the tension taut will I achieve ringlets, but I presume from you answer to question 1. that's not the case.Your locs appear to be quite springy (ringlets) is it because of your hair type?

The way I ALWAYS miro- braid is, parts and rows are ALL exactly spaced, I make straight lines so it can be parted at any point on the head, I find this method gives a very neat finish.
What I wanted to know is, if I follow the same principle with YOUR locs technique, will I achieve a very neat finish?
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by Sissy3(f): 3:18am On Oct 17, 2010
AqRiUs Age:

Yeah you certianly can. Think about it this way, the locs are flexible, small, and stranded. SO! Whatever youc an do with weave, you can do with SLs and microlocs. Only thing is, you're less likely to want to chop them up into styles but if you want to cut it up in styles, be my guest!
Right now, I have mine in chinabumps (or bantu knots), and will be taking them out later tonight. I can wear them in this way or wear them in curls (that will be formed by the time I take the knots out). I'm making a YTube vid of that and may post it on here if you please.
I've also done upsweeps, sidesweeps, bands, and such. I prefer mine down with bangs (love bangs).

tnx quite interesting! do u plan on keeping urs permanent?
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by Ejadamen(f): 2:10pm On Oct 17, 2010
Thanks for the vid AqRiUs. I've done that type of loc before about 2yrs back. Had it in for 4-6 months(can't remember now) but I do remember how my hair looked after I took it out,horrible! But I think that was because I didn't know much about hair care then. I might try it again.
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by naijadiva2(f): 6:39pm On Oct 18, 2010
thanks for the breakdown.
Re: Dredlocs (sistalocs,microlocs,freestyle,palmrollocs Etc) Thread! Madlady Come In by AqRiUsAge(f): 11:50pm On Oct 18, 2010
Ejadamen:

Thanks for the vid AqRiUs. I've done that type of loc before about 2yrs back. Had it in for 4-6 months(can't remember now) but I do remember how my hair looked after I took it out,horrible! But I think that was because I didn't know much about hair care then. I might try it again.
Oh really? lol wow. Yeah mayyyyyybe give it one more try lol. Let us know how it turns out if ever you do get that done again.
naija_diva:

thanks for the breakdown.
You're welcome.
madlady:
Hi @AqRiUs Age smiley smileyThe question I should have asked is "if I keep the tension taut will I achieve ringlets, but I presume from you answer to question 1. that's not the case.Your locs appear to be quite springy (ringlets) is it because of your hair type?The way I ALWAYS miro- braid is, parts and rows are ALL exactly spaced, I make straight lines so it can be parted at any point on the head, I find this method gives a very neat finish. What I wanted to know is, if I follow the same principle with YOUR locs technique, will I achieve a very neat finish?
hey Madlady! Sorry I've been so busy (sleeping lol). No,I dont believe you'll get ringlets that way. BTW, I wanted to let you know; when the client washes their hair (for the first few times till their hair is locked), they have to part the locs in bunches and tie the ends of each bunch up with elastics so that the locs wont come undone.
I suppose you'd get a neat finish, Madlady.
~Sissy~:
tnx quite interesting! do u plan on keeping urs permanent?
Yes. I do.

(1) (2) (Reply)

JIMZSTYLE Concept ,home Of Men Footwear / Anyone For Glasses? / How A Woman Almost Lost Her Husband Because Of Her Bald Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.