Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,254 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

What To Do When Your Marriage Is Falling Apart. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What To Do When Your Marriage Is Falling Apart. (920 Views)

I Cheated-my Marriage Is Falling Apart / My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. / I Am Sex Starved, My Marriage Is Falling Apart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When Your Marriage Is Falling Apart. by Allsingles: 8:21am On Jul 22, 2019
Be a Warrior
You may be wondering why I am talking about having a warrior mentality in a study on marriage. It’s because I believe we’re at war. Marriages today are falling apart at an alarming rate. Some experts now say that as many as two-thirds of all divorces are initiated by wives.

It’s time we take seriously our job to keep watch over our marriages and our families. And it’s time to stay strong in our faith. Just the other day, I heard about four more broken marriages in my circle of acquaintances. Sadly, the list of casualties keeps growing.

Let’s remember that we’re emphasizing honor—something we find in short supply these days. I’ve discovered that honoring my husband in today’s culture requires something of a fight. It should sober us to realize we have enemies. Not just enemies of our soul, but also of our marriage.

We wage war on several fronts. Some of our fights are against our own selfish nature, our “flesh.” Honoring our husbands can sometimes go against the grain of our flesh. So our battle for a strong marriage is a battle against our own selfish tendencies, such as self-centeredness, pride, disrespect, laziness, and impatience.

We also find ourselves up against a world that degrades and disrespects marriage. God calls us to resist the world’s wrong messages about marriage and even about men—including the generally disrespectful treatment of men in the popular media.

Finally, we wrestle against the spiritual forces of darkness who would seek to divide our home. The devil is an accuser and a divider who’d love nothing more than to break up our marriages. The Bible tells us he “prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour” (1 Peter 5:8 NIV).

Quite simply, the enemy wants your mind and your marriage. Another version of the same verse warns us to “Stay alert!” and “watch out for your great enemy, the devil” (1 Peter 5:8 NLT). We’re to remain ready and prepared to fight.

This reality is a call to prayer. If you were to ask me what’s the single most important thing you can do to strengthen your marriage and to honor your husband, I would simply say this: Pray for him. Pray like you mean it. Pray like you believe prayer works. Pray like you believe God works through your prayers. And make prayer for your husband a priority.

Part of being your husband’s helper is having a warrior mentality that desires to protect your marriage. What are some of the “enemies” that threaten to tear down your marriage?
What weapons do we have to defend ourselves and our marriages?
The single most important thing you can do to strengthen your marriage and honor your husband is to pray for him. How does your husband need your prayers today?
What are some ways you can be more intentional about praying for your husband? Commit to one or two of those ideas and make them a daily practice starting today.
https://allsinglesandmarried..com/2019/07/steps-to-build-up-your-husband-for-your.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Marriage Is Falling Apart. by KanwuliaExtra: 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2019
Concentrate on yourself and have fun! kiss
Marriage will bounce back or dissolve.
You must not neglect yourself.

Sometimes, trying too hard makes it a desperation move. Just let the marriage take its course. One person cannot make it work. You need TWO people. kiss

I honor MYSELF only! cool

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do When Your Marriage Is Falling Apart. by ifyalways(f): 5:44pm On Jul 22, 2019
KanwuliaExtra:

Sometimes, trying too hard makes it a desperation move. Just let the marriage take its course. One person cannot make it work. You need TWO people. kiss

Maaaama de mama.

Double gbam. Love yourself first. You can't truly give what you dont have. smiley

4 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Marriage Is Falling Apart. by Pavore9: 8:49pm On Jul 22, 2019
It takes two sincere people to make a marriage work.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Marriage Is Falling Apart. by KanwuliaExtra: 12:32am On Jul 24, 2019
ifyalways:

Maaaama de mama.

Double gbam. Love yourself first. You can't truly give what you dont have. smiley

Sweet sis! kiss
Long time.
Amen to dat oooo.
Life is toooooo short for unhappiness.
You do your best and leave the rest. cool

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Marriage Is Falling Apart. by amaham(m): 1:00am On Jul 24, 2019
KanwuliaExtra:

Continue being selfish and neglecting the power of prayer. Ndi mgbasa ezinulo!
Re: What To Do When Your Marriage Is Falling Apart. by kelcy1: 9:11am On Jul 24, 2019
Today's marriages are always one sided, either the man is cheating and enjoying himself or the woman, one person is left to carry what two persons are supposed to carry of course it will come to a time that that one person will let go of the load. Most men are not faithfully , sometimes I believe that only God knows the reason he permitted a divorce , only when one partner commits Adultery...... always know that you are not the reason why behave this way......

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Marriage Is Falling Apart. by KanwuliaExtra: 11:50am On Jul 25, 2019
amaham:

Continue being selfish and neglecting the power of prayer. Ndi mgbasa ezinulo!

Will do. Thanks! cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Counselors In The House Please Advise / New Male Friend For A Married Woman / Chance Waz Baylor Death - We Saddened To Learn The Death Of Chance Waz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.