Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,712 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Counselors In The House Please Advise - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Counselors In The House Please Advise (915 Views)

Married Men In The House Please Advice Me / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do / Our Marriage Maybe Seriously Falling Apart: Please Advise Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Counselors In The House Please Advise by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 16, 2019
It's been 6years already, I had my son when my ex walked away because he wanted to pursue his career. After he made me let go of all the people that loves me and care about me.

I wanted to go for my Master's but till today, I've not been able to achieve that because I've been busy working hard talking Care of my son.
no relationship, no marriage. no dating.

I'm already 30years and i'm always afraid to get committed.
Afraid to involve in sexual relationship.
I eaily turn people down because I don't believe them.
I keep meeting people, but I don't like any.
I'm always afraid.

I realized should I keep being this way, I may not be able to settle down and I love to.
Anyone who sees me will think I have a serious relationship, but I have non not even being in a sexual relationship for years.

Counselors in the house, please

What measure can you suggest for me?
Do you think something is wrong with me?
I was a loving person back then, but I don't know of now.

For the past few days, I really feel so lonely and depressed.
Like I want to talk to someone

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Counselors In The House Please Advise by wanderrerr: 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2019
Sorry to hear about your ordeal..This is a step in the right direction,SPEAKING OUT,I hope you find the solution you seek..

Regards to the young one..

4 Likes

Re: Counselors In The House Please Advise by tolajay: 11:31pm On Aug 16, 2019
Speak to Mrs Bose: +234 807 709 3051

She’s a relationship Counsellor.

Best!

hpretty:
It's been 6years already, I had my son when my ex walked away because he wanted to pursue his career. After he made me let go of all the people that loves me and care about me.

I wanted to go for my Master's but till today, I've not been able to achieve that because I've been busy working hard talking Care of my son.

I'm always afraid.

I realized should I keep being this way, I may not be able to settle down and I love to.
Anyone who sees me will think I have a serious relationship, but I have non not even being in a sexual relationship for years.

Re: Counselors In The House Please Advise by frozen70(f): 12:52am On Aug 17, 2019
hpretty:

I'm always afraid.

There is nothing wrong with you, your experience in your last relationship affected you psychologically and that's why you are nursing those ill feelings.

Thank God you have a child for it, for now, he is your source of joy and happiness

Now is the time to shake off those regrets and move on. Don't be scared of going into a relationship, not all works out

Don't deprive yourself of sexual pleasure and the feelings you get when you are in love, it wades off depression

Your emotions should be your major concern and getting into a relationship will make you happier

Marriage will come at the right time with the right guy

Go on dates and keep hope alive but don't be desperate, it gets worst when one is desperate

You are more attractive and caring now at your present status and age

3 Likes

Re: Counselors In The House Please Advise by Nobody: 4:54am On Aug 17, 2019
wanderrerr:
Sorry to hear about your ordeal..This is a step in the right direction,SPEAKING OUT,I hope you find the solution you seek..

Regards to the young one..
Thank you
Re: Counselors In The House Please Advise by Nobody: 4:55am On Aug 17, 2019
tolajay:
Speak to Mrs Bose: +234 807 709 3051

She’s a relationship Counsellor.

Best!

Ok. Thanks
Re: Counselors In The House Please Advise by Nobody: 4:57am On Aug 17, 2019
frozen70:

There is nothing wrong with you, your experience in your last relationship affected you psychologically and that's why you are nursing those ill feelings.

Thank God you have a child for it, for now, he is your source of joy and happiness

Now is the time to shake off those regrets and move on. Don't be scared of going into a relationship, not all works out

Don't deprive yourself of sexual pleasure and the feelings you get when you are in love, it wades off depression

Your emotions should be your major concern and getting into a relationship will make you happier

Marriage will come at the right time with the right guy

Go on dates and keep hope alive but don't be desperate, it gets worst when one is desperate

You are more attractive and caring now at your present status and age
Noted. Thanks
Re: Counselors In The House Please Advise by GHoJes: 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2019
Nothing is wrong with you, you are only once bitten, twice shy. I found your fear is sex because it was the big problem before. You seem to see only sex in relationship and nothing else, probably why you push people away. I will advice you get to know your self better first. Dust yourself up, you are no longer the 24year old still finding her feet, you have grown better.
When you understand yourself enough, you will be able to identify who can give you what you are looking for and what you can give in return instead of doing trial and luck which you obviously don't want to risk again. It is ok to start slowly and carefully with one who can be patient for you to know yourselves first rather than with one wants to jump into sex immediately because you are in relationship.

Know you firsts, your fears and how to overcome them and then your destination having in mind that you have to make a move to get there. Stick around here a lot too you will learn lot to help you.

1 Like

Re: Counselors In The House Please Advise by Houseofglam7(f): 2:37pm On Aug 17, 2019
I'm not a counselor but I'm here if you wanna talk to someone kiss

1 Like

Re: Counselors In The House Please Advise by Allsingles: 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2019
hpretty:

I'm always afraid.

The only challenge you are facing is that you are being truamatised by your past relationship.
Emotionally you are thinking that every other man is like your ex or will take advantage of your body and leave.
Open up your heart, love is knocking on your door and he is willing to come in if you can open your heart for him to come in.
Forgive your ex, let go of the past ugly memories.
Be ready to move on with someone else that would cherish you like the only woman in the world and you will enjoy love again.
Find out how to deal with the truama of your past relationships..
https://allsinglesandmarried..com/2019/08/how-to-deal-with-truama-of-past.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Counselors In The House Please Advise by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 17, 2019
Houseofglam7:
I'm not a counselor but I'm here if you wanna talk to someone kiss
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Counselors In The House Please Advise by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 17, 2019
Allsingles:

The only challenge you are facing is that you are being truamatised by your past relationship.
Emotionally you are thinking that every other man is like your ex or will take advantage of your body and leave.
Open up your heart, love is knocking on your door and he is willing to come in if you can open your heart for him to come in.
Forgive your ex, let go of the past ugly memories.
Be ready to move on with someone else that would cherish you like the only woman in the world and you will enjoy love again.
Find out how to deal with the truama of your past relationships..
https://allsinglesandmarried..com/2019/08/how-to-deal-with-truama-of-past.html?m=1

Thank you for sharing. I feel lot more better today
Re: Counselors In The House Please Advise by fabem(m): 8:49pm On Aug 17, 2019
Hi Sis,

You are at the healing process from your previous relationship, this is why you don't want to love or scared to be committed.

Mentally, you are at the final stage of your healing process. What you will do now is personal assessment. 'Am i ready?' Can i love again? If my ex comes back, can i say no to him? These are the questions you need to ask yourself.

Is not about being 30. Is about healing first. Many don't heal before jumping into a new relationship or marriage, and at the end their life will more miserable.

Once you feel that you are ready, you will love again. Once a love come, you won't know how, you find yourself in it, it will be like a magic.

So for now, keep preparing yourself mentally and also is good to pray because it also sharpen your path and those that will come for you.

God be with you.

1 Like

Re: Counselors In The House Please Advise by Richy4(m): 10:53pm On Aug 17, 2019
OP, I did not want to say anything before because I believe you were looking for qualified counselors and yours truly is 99.999% far from that.. but I just want to say this as someone who cares...

You seems to have forgotten the greatest achievement that you have made/ keep making and that is why I wanna remind you of it... U have been taking care of your son singlehandedly for 6yrs.. Indirectly/ unknowingly instilling great value and moral in him by not turning your home to a brothel..U have been putting food on the table for him . That in my opinion is world class achievement.. not saying it to get your head swollen. That is just the truth..

In terms of the masters degree you were dreaming to pursue .. it is achievable. you can consider doing it as a part time. I know that people take billion years to achieve masters degree in Nigeria because of their sluggish academic style and strike actions.... just do it any time/year it is completed, good and fine..

In terms of relationships, hmmm!!!.. There's nothing wrong with you.. Just that u were stung by a bee and any housefly or mosquito that buzzes around you now seems like a bee.. Give a relationship a chance if that's what you want. . .. and try and be honest with the guy u were dealing with on why u were sceptical about taking it to the next level.. so that he himself won't think that there's also something wrong with him (u never can tell)... he might also help in terms of taking the baby steps with u as u heal emotionally...

In terms of depression.., This is what I used to tell my friends.. If u feel a sign of depression, Take a trip to the nearest Government Hospital or a busy clinic.. u will be energised.. u will feel blessed.. If u wanna take that trip to the next level, just ask if they got palliative care unit or ward..take a 6mins peep..I don't wanna say anymore... Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Counselors In The House Please Advise by Nobody: 2:32am On Aug 18, 2019
Feel free to reach out to me anytime.
Young guy too with a lot of prospects(good business,solid background and a good life per se) but single too and confused about dating anybody for now.
But you've got to be good too(educated,a job and cool headed) because I'm not going to be anybody's financial constraints escape plan!
Re: Counselors In The House Please Advise by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 18, 2019
Thanks@ all. I appreciate all your messages and I will take note of points you suggested.
Re: Counselors In The House Please Advise by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 18, 2019
Logobenz:
Feel free to reach out to me anytime.
Young guy too with a lot of prospects(good business,solid background and a good life per se) but single too and confused about dating anybody for now.
But you've got to be good too(educated,a job and cool headed) because I'm not going to be anybody's financial constraints escape plan!
The last sentence really got me laughing. Thanks anyway. but No. Wouldn't reach out to you.
Re: Counselors In The House Please Advise by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 18, 2019
hpretty:

The last sentence really got me laughing. Thanks anyway. but No. Wouldn't reach out to you.
no problem at all smiley

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Been A Victim Of False Prophets?share Your Experience Here. / Where To Buy "Dream On Me" Baby Crib In Lagos / Need A Technician To Help Fix My Washing Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.