Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Why Obasanjo Is Not A Democrat – Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Obasanjo Is Not A Democrat – Presidency (11307 Views)

Wole Olanipekun: Why Obasanjo Almost Punched Me / Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 / 2019: Why Obasanjo Turned Against Buhari - Ex Gov. Oyinlola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Obasanjo Is Not A Democrat – Presidency by Bizibi(m): 12:20pm On Jul 22, 2019
Well,it seems their president has forgotten....

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Is Not A Democrat – Presidency by mynaijadj(m): 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2019
“To call for a national conference when there is a sitting Parliament in place, whoever is making that call is not a democrat,” Mr Shehu said when he featured on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics[b][/b]

.....but Mohammed Buhari was at the fore front of shouting for national conference when GEJ was ruling. Or did we not have a sitting Parliament then? Awon hypocrites.

3 Likes

Re: Why Obasanjo Is Not A Democrat – Presidency by Pusyiter(m): 12:24pm On Jul 22, 2019
What ever you do not stand for, can not stand for you.
OBJ never stood for a National Conference during his tenure
OBJ never promoted true federalism during his tenure
for him to come and rant now leaves a sour taste on the palate.
To me, neither of them; Buhari, GEJ or OBJ are democrats. They are just selfish.

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Is Not A Democrat – Presidency by follock007(m): 12:32pm On Jul 22, 2019
You are making this to look like a contest... Gambling away the life essense of victimized individuals under your sun style ruler-ship government. Do your political contest to produce a better leader than the out going is supposed to be an improvement and not leveling down infrastructure and rebuilding it for another set of people. A leader of a nation is for everyone and their primary target doesn't interfere with your dirty politics that avoids paying government debts by killing people dead. As if the death of a human being itself is not a debt. You better buckle up and and start improving on the remaining shaft you have made us into before we die of your damning politics. I am talking to you Buhari. Tell your three voodoo siblings that is tickling me like a clock to fade of already. I am out going and ever ready to go out and into and around the country. I have better jobs to do that to be help down under your juju prison. Please take heed
Re: Why Obasanjo Is Not A Democrat – Presidency by Firefire(m): 12:34pm On Jul 22, 2019
Terrorist administration of Ruga!

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Is Not A Democrat – Presidency by Gandollar(f): 12:35pm On Jul 22, 2019
DameB:

Just imagine him saying that..... Or is he referring to a different ND & NC
,I wonder o
Re: Why Obasanjo Is Not A Democrat – Presidency by Charly68: 12:37pm On Jul 22, 2019
Obj should ask God for mercy because he pushed us into the present mess ..When those who were prepared for governance wanted to run he silenced them because of his ego and selfish reason..now we are all living to see the worst clueless Govt in the nation..whose only fake score card is fighting corruption ..

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Is Not A Democrat – Presidency by openmine(m): 12:39pm On Jul 22, 2019
“Security challenges have been present before the present administration came to office. We have met our own challenges and we are dealing with them as decisive as we can."

This is the kind of excuses that incompetent fellas offer for their apparent failure to secure the country!
In a saner clime,this man should have been humiliated until he resigns!
But in Nigeria,you can make such utterances and still be part of the presidency!

People are dying everyday....
The same ND that is supposedly calm according to shehu garba is where a family coming from Lagos was kidnapped yesterday by armed herdsmen!

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Is Not A Democrat – Presidency by middlebelter(m): 12:44pm On Jul 22, 2019
Nigerian are wise and they know who is right and wrong Shehu. Listen, OBJ handed over power to a democratically elected leader in 1979, he became president and handed power over to another democratically elected leader.

PMB, planned a coup to overthrow the democratic government set up by OBJ, reversed the gains of democratic experience, he came back crying after his overthrow that he has learnt his lessons, Nigerians, gave him a second chance, but alas, what has been our experience? Insecurity of lives and properties. The Fulanis have been alleged to have killed more than the Book Haram,yet, when you draw PMB'S attention to it, he suddenly brand you unpatriotic, undemocratic etc.Did OBJ not attack IBB Govt, Abacha,Ya'adua, GEJ etc. Did you not clap for him when his criticism was in your favour?
Please go tell your principal to resign if he can't solve the security challenges of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Why Obasanjo Is Not A Democrat – Presidency by Kulushkalash(m): 12:55pm On Jul 22, 2019
Gandollar:
You have calmed down ND and NC and then taken the killings to SW, after that where else are you headed?

They will be headed to badagry oo

2 Likes

Re: Why Obasanjo Is Not A Democrat – Presidency by Pascal181: 1:01pm On Jul 22, 2019
The person who is calling for national dialogue is not a democrat but the killerherdsmen are isn't it? Miyeti Allah is d one ruling this country frm bush I swear. Whatever they say is what d presidency will re-echo

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Is Not A Democrat – Presidency by VULCAN(m): 1:28pm On Jul 22, 2019
He was a democrat when he supported you.

Yeye

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Is Not A Democrat – Presidency by jaxxy(m): 1:34pm On Jul 22, 2019
But he is still better the Buhari who the presidency is talking on behalf of. Isn’t that something grin

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Is Not A Democrat – Presidency by owoshuyi(m): 1:53pm On Jul 22, 2019
When this present was the opposition, they were always hailing OBJ when he was criticizing and lambasting GEJ. Now he's doing same to them they are now saying he's not a democrat grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Is Not A Democrat – Presidency by Umarzy(m): 2:09pm On Jul 22, 2019
show some likes to my dp.
Re: Why Obasanjo Is Not A Democrat – Presidency by Alejobs: 2:52pm On Jul 22, 2019
What can we do without reliable power really? We don't deserve this heat!
Re: Why Obasanjo Is Not A Democrat – Presidency by bendike: 7:38pm On Jul 22, 2019
follock007:
You are making this to look like a contest... Gambling away the life essense of victimized individuals under your sun style ruler-ship government. Do your political contest to produce a better leader than the out going is supposed to be an improvement and not leveling down infrastructure and rebuilding it for another set of people. A leader of a nation is for everyone and their primary target doesn't interfere with your dirty politics that avoids paying government debts by killing people de ad. As if the death of a human being itself is not a debt. You better buckle up and and start improving on the remaining shaft you have made us into before we die of your damning politics. I am talking to you Buhari. Tell your three voodoo siblings that is tickling me like a clock to fade of already. I am out going and ever ready to go out and into and around the country. I have better jobs to do that to be help down under your juju prison. Please take heed
No give me headache abeg

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amotekun Recruits 90 Women In Osun / Why Do People In Power Change Radically? By Pat Utomi / Rivers' Jet: EFCC Probes Amaechi Over Missing $10m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.