Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Alh Musiliu Ayinde Akinsanya Aka Mc Oluomo Emergence As Nurtw Lagos Get Closer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alh Musiliu Ayinde Akinsanya Aka Mc Oluomo Emergence As Nurtw Lagos Get Closer (2751 Views)

MC Oluomo Steps Down As NURTW Chairman In Lagos / NURTW: Lagos Govt Begs Hoodlums To Stop Bloody Fights / Seven Killed, Many Injured As NURTW Leadership Crisis Turns Bloody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alh Musiliu Ayinde Akinsanya Aka Mc Oluomo Emergence As Nurtw Lagos Get Closer by moneywealt: 9:35am On Jul 22, 2019
AS ALHAJI MUSILIU AYINDE AKINSANYA A.K.A MC OLUOMO EMERGENCE AS NURTW LAGOS CHAIRMAN GETS CLOSER…..

The National Union of Road Transport Workers is an independent Nigerian trade union that serves the interests of transport workers in the road transport sector, by calling for collective obtaining and pushing for social stability for all workers in the transport sector as defined in its constitution.
The union has its leadership both nationally, statewide and at the grassroots. It is about to be led in Lagos by the Lagos socialite Musiliu Ayinde Akinsanya, better known as MC Oluomo.

The leadership is guided by the President and day-to day activities run by the General Secretary who continues to encourage and support between members and officials to make the union appear strong and vibrant. The union raises fund through several methods, but the largest of these is through support and willful contribution of union funds. The core functions of the union is to protect the rights of workers in the transport sector. Entry into the union is voluntary, however the dues collected are used to run functions in the union and support members. The youth department under the women league ensure youth programs to educate and sensitize members on good service delivery and customer relation.

One man whose popularity, charismatic nature held everyone spellbound in the Lagos chapter and towering beyond the negative tirades launched against him is Musiliu Ayinde Akinsanya, some call him Alhaji, some call him ‘MC’, but we all know him as MC Oluomo. born at Oshodi area of Lagos, the place where he is now popularly known and acclaimed leader.
In an interview with ‘Within Nigeria’, when asked about his birth, here’s what he said;
“I was born at No.11 Oshodi Road, at Agbo ile Atere. My daddy is from Ejigbo, Lagos State. I related to Ejigbo, Isolo, Oshodi, Igbeba. Those are the 4 areas I am linked with. But really I was born in Oshodi. That is where my father was born. My dad and some others established that place. My dad married from Agedegbe family and he had a child from there. That is why all the Obas of that area honoured me with the Oluomo title.

About 22 Kings honoured me then. It was at Isolo, at Oba Kabiru Agbabiaka. I have the certificate with me. I grew up in Oshodi. But when my dad died, my mum took us away from there because of the polygamous nature of the house. At that time, I was at Afolabi Primary School in Oshodi. I was in Primary 3 then at the time my dad died. My mum now took me to Abeokuta, her hometown. I was in Abeokuta when I did my Primary 6, at Olu Efon Primary School in Abeokuta”.
Again, his known alias, MC Oluomo came from one Iya Alaye who now resides in Canada; hear from the horse’s mouth;
“The name MC that people call me started from when I was in school. It was one big woman who named me MC when I was young. She is now in Canada. She is a Mama Alaye. Then, when we were young we used to play a game called Game and Watch. My name is Musiliu but she turned it into MC. We used to move from school to school challenging ourselves so she would tell people to go meet that MC Boy. That was how the alias stuck.”

The popular National Union of Road Transport Workers leader is one of the most popular people in Lagos state, almost as popular as the governor of the state.
MC as he is fondly called is even more popular in the Nollywood sector because of his proximity to the thespians in the industry.
Today, a lot of people can’t stop wondering why someone like MC Oluomo should be popular for being a Junta! The people in this category are those who have no idea who MC really is.

Check out three things you need to know about Musiliu Akinsanya.
He is a philanthropist: Philanthropic achievements do not occur in a vacuum, they are often the result of co-operation with talented individuals, public bodies and private companies. Whilst the generosity of individual donors is a necessary, rather than sufficient, factor, the philanthropic contribution is often over-looked and is therefore celebrated in this It is, of course, important to acknowledge from the outset that social problems are not solved solely by money.

In reality, most meaningful achievements require a combination of individual excellence, structural support and financial assistance from a variety of sources. One reason MC always has a battalion of people around is because of his philanthropic nature. Many have testified that beneath the hard facade of street boy is a very mushy man who would not hesitate to help anyone.
He is crazy about Nollywood: MC Oluomo is literally in love with theatre, many times he has repeated that his love for theater brought him close to many of the thespians. Reports also have it that, the NURTW official loves Nollywood so much that he had thrown tremendous support for the industry. MC Oluomo is quite wealthy: despite his lack of formal education at any point, this road transport worker reportedly controls a vast amount of wealth, all proceeds from the road!

MC Oluomo is like the proverbial cat with nine lives after surviving a life threatening knife attack early this year, 2019. A lot of counter-accusations had sprung up after the events that led to the stabbing of National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) Lagos State Treasurer, Musiliu Akinsanya, a.k.a MC Oluomo during the rally of the All Progressives Congress, APC, at the Skypower Grounds, Ikeja Government Reservation Area, GRA
Musiliu Akinsanya a.k.a MC Oluomo, was discharged from a Lagos hospital, where he was receiving treatment after he was attacked at an All Progressives Congress (APC) rally in Ikeja on Jan. 8, and was immediately taken to Eko Hospital, following injuries he sustained

Now you know why MC Oluomo is popular despite his chosen career!
The Popular ‘big boy’ in the Lagos transport scene, Musiliu Akinsanya, aka MC Oluomo, has striven to prove that being a driver by trade is no hindrance to success. Indeed, such is his fame that he regularly mingles with the high and mighty at occasions and wines and dines at the high tables. This fast-rising ‘Richest Area Boy’, as he is fondly called by his underlings, loves throwing parties to celebrate sallah and yuletides with his co- drivers. And, once again, his upcoming birthday has presented him another golden opportunity to do what he does best-throw lavish shindigs for the joy of the downtrodden.

And, expectedly, those in the class of the high society have already marked off March 25 of every year on their calendars as the much-anticipated birthday dates of MC Oluomo. The NURTW boss celebrated in France one, at the Salle Bereult 17 Rue. Prominent musicians that set the event agog were Pasuma, Olamide and Small Doctor, among others. Celebrities are expected to flock to the event.
Now to the part that he is popular known for, his political affiliation with the ruling All Progressive Congress, (APC).
The genesis of his political affiliation is yet unknown, but in the just concluded election in the nation, conducted by the electoral umpire, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Oluomo canvassed massive support for APC.

In his domain, Oshodi/Isolo Federal Constituency 1, the lawmaker who won the seat, Bashiru Dawodu, presented his certificate of return to MC, in appreciation for helping him win the constituency, Sahara Reports reveals.
In response to the honour shown him by the lawmaker, Oluomo said;
“Maybe after this, we will be going to the Senate by God’s grace,”
His Career With NURTW;
MC is a long associate of the popular National Union of Road Transport Workers, an association of mostly men and a few women, with an identified uniform of Green and White, the same colour of Nigeria’s national flag.
The business of the NURTW is on the road, charging every yellow coloured vehicle, well known as ‘Danfo’ transporting people or goods from one destination within Lagos to another, for road usage, bus-stop parking, passengers and goods carriage.
He soon becomes famous and won his way into the executive arm of the union, becoming the Executive Treasurer, thou not the president, he tends to command more fame and respect.
Oluomo once twitted that NURTW is a profession just like engineering and law e.t.c.

He is expected to take over by August ending from another great man, Alhaji Tajudeen Agbede as the Chairman of Lagos State chapter of National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW).

Falade Segun writes from Oshodi, Lagos.

Re: Alh Musiliu Ayinde Akinsanya Aka Mc Oluomo Emergence As Nurtw Lagos Get Closer by aolawale025: 10:04am On Jul 22, 2019
Haven't they held elections with winners announced?
Re: Alh Musiliu Ayinde Akinsanya Aka Mc Oluomo Emergence As Nurtw Lagos Get Closer by SocialJustice: 10:38am On Jul 22, 2019
Na agbero you write this long story for. Nigeria is really one kind.
Re: Alh Musiliu Ayinde Akinsanya Aka Mc Oluomo Emergence As Nurtw Lagos Get Closer by moneywealt: 7:54pm On Jul 22, 2019
No elections yet in Lagos State chapter. Alhaji Tajudeen Ibikunle Baruwa emerged as the National President at the National level only and he will sworn in by August ending.

(1) (Reply)

2023: Osinbajo/Almakura Campaign Poster Shared By Nasarawa Mirror / Sheikh Gumi Said Christian Soldiers Killing Muslim Bandits To Divide Islam / Buhari Backs Open Grazing, Asks AGF To Recover Land For Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.