Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

How To Make Your Childrens African. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How To Make Your Childrens African. (4206 Views)

Happy Childrens Day 2015 Poems, Story, Essay In Hindi English / Childrens Day Surprise Celebration Ideas, Poems, Gift Cards Shop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by YOUNGDICEs(m): 2:22am On May 12, 2007
@ayefele200

AM NOT LOVING THE WAY YOU TALKING TO ME I BEEN TRU SHIT THAT MAKE ME A G,WELCOME TO YONKERS,WE SMOKE WEED TILL WE CAN'T SEE NO MORE,CUT OFF YOUR TONG SO YOU CAN'T SPEAK NO MORE,DOGTAPE THE BLOOD WONT LEEK NO MORE,BREAK YOUR FEETH SO YOU CAN'T CREEP NO MORE,AND BLAW NOW YOU CAN'T SEE NO MORE THAT'S WHAT I BE LEARNING MY HOLE LIFE LEAVING YO.
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by YOUNGDICEs(m): 2:24am On May 12, 2007
omogenaija

THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE MA I APPRECIATED.
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by OmoEko1(f): 2:28am On May 12, 2007
YOUNGDICE$:

@Omo Eko

I LIVE WITH MY POPS HE DON'T CARE ABOUT EDUCATION BUT WHEN IT COME TO RELIGION TRADITION HE DON'T PLAY WITH THAT,IF YOU TALK ABOUT EDUCATION TO MY POPS ALL HE'S GONNA SAID'S KAI SAKAI WANAN MAGANA/WHICH MEAN FORGET ABOUT THAT,AM IN 12 GRADE BUT I SKEEP SCHOOL STILL,MY POPS IS TRINA SEND ME HOME FOR COLLEGE SO I COULD GET A FUTURE,CUZ IF I LEAVE IN YONKERS STILL MY LIFE WILL LIKE SOME KIND PABLO AND NOREAGA.
You going home wouldn't resolve the issues, in fact I think you are going from bad to worst. Meanwhile our University at home is very tough to handle and since you didn't do secondary school there you will have a lot of problems. I’m sure you can school up here and become a responsible young intelligent young man your father wants you to be, like me parents always say to me  "DERTERINMATION IS THE KEY TO SUCESS" cool.
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by YOUNGDICEs(m): 2:31am On May 12, 2007
is back home college so bad but i enjoy been home i luv it.
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by OmoEko1(f): 2:37am On May 12, 2007
YOUNGDICE$:

is back home college so bad but i enjoy been home i love it.
Back home isn't bad oh but you need to be very tough in order to survive.

Our Universities are very difficult compared to America, but home is good sha

I love it back home to might be moving after am done with my masters cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by YOUNGDICEs(m): 2:39am On May 12, 2007
am just trina get my money and get outta state bill a house get married and live my life.
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by OmoEko1(f): 2:43am On May 12, 2007
So about school grin grin grin, abi how are you going to build a house if you got no degree=Job=career=money wink wish you best of luck
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by YOUNGDICEs(m): 2:49am On May 12, 2007
if school don't help me then am gon move keys.
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by OmoEko1(f): 2:59am On May 12, 2007
oh i see grin grin goodluck on your plans
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by omogenaija(f): 3:21am On May 12, 2007
i hope those keys that ur moving doesnt move u to jail
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by naijacutee(f): 8:30am On May 12, 2007
Youngdice$, it's great that you're still very well in touch with your roots. You've got something to be proud of and I'd say you should hold on to it.

Educationwise, I believe that the sort of education you get now will determine the kind of man you will be in future. If you want to be a hoodrat who "smokes weed till they can't see no more" at 30 years old, then that's absolutely ok. If you want to be someone with a quality education, who at 30 is respected, even by your hoodmates. . . then I'll say it has got nothing to do with what you've been through. You don't have to be like everyone else. You can grow up in your hood, and still live a responsible life. You don't owe anyone anything so you don't have to prove to anyone that you're not a punk. 
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by Ollie39: 9:36am On May 12, 2007
My one sad regret is that my children do not speak my mother tongue. I have always instilled in them that they are Nigerians who happen to have a British passport. The prefer Nigeria to Britain and also prefer Nigerian dishes to the usual junk food. They are 100% Nigerian except for the accent.

To be honest, the UK and mybe USA is not a good place to bring up children. The society is so much geared toward child empowerment to the detriment of the parents. A society that teenage pregnancy, drug taking, armed robbery, etc is almost the norm. A 9 year old goes and gets pregnant and the parents are proudly sitting beside her at a press conference celebrating that their daughter will be the youngest mother in the country. In the UK children are shooting and stabbing each other to death regularly. In the US almost everybody can get a gun legally and they are carrying guns to school and killing each other. You give your child a good hiding for bad behaviour, the state takes the child from you and into care for safekeeping. That is the biggest joke! What happens? the child becomes the worst you can ever imagine - promiscuity, drugtaking, crime, no education etc. What do you make of that. I could go on and on. If you call this advancement, give me a backward Nigeria any day!!!

People who disrespect where they come from have identity problems and lack self-confidence. Being born in the UK does not make you English, Scotish or Welsh despite what you might think. People need to have roots and not drift in ignorance and think that using street language is cool or disrespecting their elders gives them street cred.

I love the fire, the ambition Nigerian chlidren have in them to succeed in life, despite all the odds. When I see children here going to school in their flip flops and uniform that have seen better days, I just wish they had the same opportunities that children in the UK/US have.

Please give me the the traditional respect Nigerian children still have for their elders anyday.
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by naijacutee(f): 11:28am On May 12, 2007
I like that, Ollie. But it's never too late. Not anything that a few holidays and some practice won't solve.
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by chiogo(f): 1:32pm On May 12, 2007
Ollie39, i understand what u sayin' u right!

@youngdice$, I know what you're saying but this whole gangsta thing can be avoided. It's all a bunch of bull.
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by YOUNGDICEs(m): 2:44pm On May 12, 2007
@chiogo

thanks girl but this's nyc we calL IT zongo,if you act like a punk or do some punk move up in this street trust me NIGGAZ WILL ROB YOU,BUT IF u SHOW NIGGAZ GANSTA SHIT THEY NEVER SEEN THEY WILL BE SCARED TO ROLL ON YOU.

AND THERE'S NO WAY THAT I CAN'T MOVE TO ANOTHER STATE CUZ THAT'S MY HOMETOWN.
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by chiogo(f): 3:25pm On May 12, 2007
ok, but i noticed that most of these guys claimin' gangstas ain't gangstas. They just feel it's d coolest thing to be. And i haven't seen any gangsta shootin' up on anyone without u doin' anythin' to them. Gangstas, i noticed are very quiet people and have like family problems and then take it out on u if u get on them. They don't just go about shootin' people, u know. U said u don't have family problems, u cool with ur dad. then why be a gangsta?. u know bein' a gangsta sucks. I think it's unnecessary stress in ur life when u could avoid it.
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by YOUNGDICEs(m): 3:38pm On May 12, 2007
the reason why i respect pops and cool with every one of the family's cuz they respect me and show me love so as a hood nigga you gotta do the same,if i ain't respect my pops then who in the world would i respect pops's mad cool,i take a bullet for him,he's not like those other pops who yells and punish children cuz they don't wanna go the school and shit,pops go slow by slow.

most of this dude don't live what they speak they just wanna front hard like they something,first thing you learn in the hood is homeboy love.
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by chiogo(f): 3:51pm On May 12, 2007
Lol, i don't think u get what i said. I asked why u decided to be a gangsta in d first place, since your cool with your dad.
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by YOUNGDICEs(m): 3:55pm On May 12, 2007
cuz i was raised in hoover.
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by chiogo(f): 3:57pm On May 12, 2007
hmmmm, ok. Try not to be 'cause it sucks! Just 'cause u were raised there don't mean u have to act like them. Like u said, u go to visit your grand parents every summer. That still didn't change u?
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by YOUNGDICEs(m): 4:05pm On May 12, 2007
like i told you i don't act like that on front of family menbers i act like that on front of my homeboys,am goin home in june am gon go visit grandma love her to death.
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by chiogo(f): 4:13pm On May 12, 2007
YOUNGDICE$:

,am goin home in june am gon go visit grandma love her to death.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, that's so sweet!
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by YOUNGDICEs(m): 4:20pm On May 12, 2007
@chiogo

YO GIRL THANK YOU ALLOT FOR YOUR ADVICE,AM GON TRY AND USE THEM,AND AM GON SEE WHAT'S GON CHANGE IN ME.
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by chiogo(f): 4:26pm On May 12, 2007
u welcome. Nice talkin' to u. bye
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by YOUNGDICEs(m): 4:30pm On May 12, 2007
bye.
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by nosa101(f): 5:07pm On May 12, 2007
this shit is frggin' hilarious. Gangsta?Hood? OMG, these akatas have problems cheesy
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by YOUNGDICEs(m): 5:10pm On May 12, 2007
who you calling akata?
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by nosa101(f): 5:18pm On May 12, 2007
read everything you've been typing, do you think you've been sounding smart? you sound like some ignorant blakc american and that's why white people will always make fun of y'all
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by YOUNGDICEs(m): 5:26pm On May 12, 2007
i am 50% akata cuz my mom's and i cheal with them,i got respect something they don't have,i got love for backhome something they don't have,am a g in the street something they have.
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by nosa101(f): 5:32pm On May 12, 2007
Dude are you proud to be dumb? Black americans that want to be gangsta are dumb
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by YOUNGDICEs(m): 5:36pm On May 12, 2007
nosa101 (

been a gansta's a way of living.
Re: How To Make Your Childrens African. by nosa101(f): 5:48pm On May 12, 2007
way of living? I see why white people hate y'all so much, y'all are friggin' deluded. Way of living? Are you on crack? GTFOH you gotta be kidding me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hausa-foulani Thread / What Does this Mean In Yoruba? / What Does "Aboki" Mean To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.