Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. (25326 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:57pm On Oct 15, 2010
kola oloye:

Like I said earlier in the other thread. What someone says about himself is more important than
what people say about the person.

Let us look at it from JOHN 3:16
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son. . .".
God, Jehovah,is the creator of all things.Jesus is the son sent to the world for our redemption.
He shed his blood on the cross of Calvary.

John the baptist testified that he heard the voice of God telling him about the coming of Jesus.
His main objective was to prepare the way for the lamb of God.
Jesus was not the one speaking to John but God himself who was about to fulfill JOHN 3:16

In the book of Isiah
God was asking: Who shall i send ?
Jesus answered : here i am send me.

LET US HEAR FROM THE LORD HIMSELF
JOHN 7:28 Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me,
and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true,
whom ye know not.

29 But I know him: for I am from him, and he hath sent me.
The pronoun 'he' and 'him' defines Jehovah. Jesus was sent by Him.

16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him,
the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

BRB

Some cults and false religions argue that because Jesus said the Father is "greater" than Him (John 14:28), this must mean Jesus is a lesser God. Biblically, however, Jesus is equal with the Father in His divine nature (John 10:30). He was positionally lower than the Father from the standpoint of His becoming a servant by taking on human likeness (Philipians 2:6-11). Positionally, then, the Father was "greater" than Jesus.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by kolaoloye(m): 5:15pm On Oct 15, 2010
e36991:

@Kola Oloye

Hi thanks but no thanks

Mind you b1594753@lhsdv.com has been timed to self-dectruct in a few minutes

Holler when you're ready and keen. You have my Yahoo ID
Sorry,I left the office for an assignment.I will check my mail and I will surely get back to you.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by e36991: 5:38pm On Oct 15, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

Some cults and false religions argue that because Jesus said the Father is "greater" than Him (John 14:28), this must mean Jesus is a lesser God.  

Biblically, however, Jesus is equal with the Father in His divine nature (John 10:30).  

He was positionally lower than the Father from the standpoint of His becoming a servant by taking on human likeness (Philipians 2:6-11).  

Positionally, then, the Father was "greater" than Jesus.

@ ^^^

Here is a crude constrating and constraining parallel - Obama Barack cant do the impossible

Nevertheless, there is only one Barack Obama. Right?

He came on the scene named Barack Obama!. Over the period of time we have:

Barack Obama the son, Barack Obama the man, Barack Obama the husband, Barack Obama the father, etc etc on to Barack Obama the President. Right?

One Barack Obama but different Obama Barack persons or different personalities. Right?

Now Barack Obama Michelle's husband is the same and equal to Barack Obama the President of the US. Right?

But Barack Obama the President is the most powerful man on earth and not Barack Obama Michelle's husband. Right?

Barack Obama the President makes speeches on the world stage and not Barack Obama Michelle's husband. Right?

Behind closed doors Barack Obama the President retires to been Barack Obama Michelle's husband. Right?

Positionally or status-wise, there is one Barack Obama whether in a capacity as the husband, father, son, President etc

Barack Obama the father, the President are one
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by ttalks(m): 5:56pm On Oct 15, 2010
kola oloye:

Like I said earlier in the other thread. What someone says about himself is more important than

Let us look at it from JOHN 3:16
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son. . .".
God, Jehovah,is the creator of all things.Jesus is the son sent to the world for our redemption.
He shed his blood on the cross of Calvary.

John the baptist testified that he heard the voice of God telling him about the coming of Jesus.
His main objective was to prepare the way for the lamb of God.
Jesus was not the one speaking to John but God himself who was about to fulfill JOHN 3:16

In the book of Isiah
God was asking: Who shall i send ?
Jesus answered : here i am send me.

LET US HEAR FROM THE LORD HIMSELF
JOHN 7:28 Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me,
and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true,
whom ye know not.

29 But I know him: for I am from him, and he hath sent me.
The pronoun 'he' and 'him' defines Jehovah. Jesus was sent by Him.

16 Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

18 He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him,
the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him.

BRB

kola oloye:

grin grin grin I laff in Germany.
The book of revelation was not written by Jesus.
John was the writer,the one that the spirit of God was ministering to.

Are you not confused or confusing yourself Kola?
You say you do not accept what others say about Jesus but what Jesus said about himself.

Please tell me/us which book Jesus personally wrote by himself in the bible.

The portions you choose to believe;quotations of Christ(which you refer to as "Let us hear from the Lord himself"wink ,were they written by Christ?
Were they not still written by some other person other than Christ?
Does that not put such quotations in the same standing as those quotations in the book of Revelation which you choose not to accept?

Why believe one part and disbelieve others?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by e36991: 6:27pm On Oct 15, 2010
ttalks:

Are you not confused or confusing yourself Kola?

You say you do not accept what others say about Jesus but what Jesus said about himself.

Please tell me/us which book Jesus personally wrote by himself in the bible.

The portions you choose to believe;quotations of Christ (which you refer to as "Let us hear from the Lord himself"wink, were they written by Christ?

Were they not still written by some other person other than Christ?

Does that not put such quotations in the same standing as those quotations in the book of Revelation which you choose not to accept?

Why believe one part and disbelieve others?

@ttalks

We will be waiting in vain for Kola Oloye to point out the book Jesus personally wrote because no book exists

The only writing Jesus did for reasons known to him was done in sands!

That writing didnt last the light of the day. It's been blown away centuries ago grin

The closest and a consolation would be the Ten commandments written with the finger of God  wink

On a serious note, I think this is an acquired stance adopted by Kola Oloye over a period of time after joining NL

This was likely influenced by certain contributors' submission(s) read here in NL.

I have my suspicions but I am keeping my card close to my chest out of view.

The least I'll volunteer is that its not Huxley or any other vocal "atheist" or "agnostic"
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by nopuqeater: 7:24pm On Oct 15, 2010
@Kola Oloye: « #26 on: Today at 01:53:35 PM »
[Quote]@nopuqeater,
Your case is different.Your problem is very simple not as complicated as Ola's.
Lah Ilaha Ilah Allahu and Lam Yahlid Walam Yhulad is your own headache.
I will be back to tackle that. Don't forget, I was there before I found grace in the Lord Jesus.[/Quote]I will wait, patiently, to hear about the grace. I am certain it is a common thing, that even eleegun of Owu ares of Abeokuta can say they have, too. After all both of you are worshipers of gods.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by nopuqeater: 7:46pm On Oct 15, 2010
I now see why brother Kola fell into disbelief by his Lah instead of Laa. And his Illah instead of Ila. Allah rejected his worship, so he went to tawgut. The verses of SUrah Maryam; 76 to 87 beloe.

19:76 And Allah increases in guidance those who walk aright [true believers in the Oneness of Allah who fear Allah much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden), and love Allah much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)]. And the righteous good deeds that last, are better with your Lord, for reward and better for resort.

19:77 Have you seen him who disbelieved in Our Ayat (this Quran and Muhammad SAW) and (yet) says: "I shall certainly be given wealth and children [if I will be alive (again)],"

19:78 Has he known the unseen or has he taken a covenant from the Most Beneficent (Allah)?

19:79 Nay! We shall record what he says, and We shall increase his torment (in the Hell);

19:80 And We shall inherit from him (at his death) all that he talks of (i.e. wealth and children which We have bestowed upon him in this world), and he shall come to Us alone.

19:81 And they have taken (for worship) aliha (gods) besides Allah, that they might give them honour, power and glory (and also protect them from Allah's Punishment etc.).

19:82 Nay, but they (the so-called gods; (Jesus and Holy spirit for the christians)) will deny their worship of them, and become opponents to them (on the Day of Resurrection).

19:83 Do you not see that We have sent the devils upon the disbelievers, inciting them to [evil] with [constant] incitement?

19:84 So make no haste against them; We only count out to them a (limited) number (of the days of the life of this world and delay their term so that they may increase in evil and sins).

19:85 The Day We shall gather the Muttaqun (pious - see V.2:2) unto the Most Beneficent (Allah), like a delegate (presented before a king for honour).

19:86 And We shall drive the Mujrimun (polytheists, sinners, criminals, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, etc all Christians and Jews are among them.) to Hell, in a thirsty state (like a thirsty herd driven down to water),

19:87 None shall have the power of intercession, but such a one as has received permission (or promise) from the Most Beneficent (Allah).
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by aletheia(m): 1:05am On Oct 16, 2010
kola oloye:

In view of the forgoing then:

Rev 1:10-12.  I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

John heard a voice. What did the voice say? I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: But who else is declared in the bible as the First and the Last, even before the book of revelation was written?

Isaiah 41:4  Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.
Isaiah 44:6  Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Logic: Only One can be First; Two can not be First. Only One can be Last; Two cannot be Last. The One Who is First is also the One Who is Last.

This is what is brought out by this verse:
John 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Rev 1:13-16.  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

So John heard a voice and turned to see who was speaking. Who did John see? And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man,

Who is the Son of Man? Your challenge is this: "What someone says about himself is more important than what people say about the person."
Who calls Himself the Son of Man? I know you know the answer, but in order to help those who may have forgotten or who don't know. . .

Mark 2:10-11.  But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.

The verses  from Mark are particularly revealing of the Deity of Christ, for as the Pharisees rightly asked: ". . .who can forgive sins but God only?" They were not wrong to ask this as the scriptures themselves show.

Isaiah 43:25  I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.
Psa 130:3-4.  If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.

Where they missed it was to wilfully, deliberately reject the Scriptures that spoke of God Himself walking with them:
Micah 5:2  But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Isaiah 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 7:14  Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

As the incident in Mark shows; if Jesus did not have the power to forgive sins, He would have been unable to heal the man.

Rev 1:17-18.  And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

That this is Jesus Himself speaking is further revealed by the words: "I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

All the scriptures testify that it is Jesus who died and indeed rose from the grave, triumphant: Death swallowed up in victory!

Heb 2:9  But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
Heb 2:14  Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Summing up: Jesus Himself as we see by His very own words declares "I am the first and last" And even in Revelation 1:8 directly declares that He is God as He does in several other places in the Bible.

Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

. . .The Almighty

From the First Book of the Bible:
Gen 17:1  And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
From the Last Book of the Bible:
Rev 4:8  And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Edited to add: There can not be two different Almighty for then neither would be Almighty since there would exist another of equal potency, therefore either Jesus was lying in the Book of Revelation (impossible) or He is who He is.

kola oloye:

grin  grin  grin I laff in Germany.
^^^
I beg to differ: the book of Revelation are Jesus' direct words to His people. Suppose that I want to write a book; and I dictate it word by word, line by line to my secretary. Who is the author? My secretary or myself?

This is clearly shown by the very first verse of the book of Revelation and the letters to the 7 Churches.
Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

The sense of the original Greek is brought out by the Amplified Version:
1[u][THIS IS] the revelation of Jesus Christ [His unveiling of the divine mysteries].[/u] God gave it to Him to disclose and make known to His bond servants certain things which must shortly and speedily come to pass [a]in their entirety. And He sent and communicated it through His angel (messenger) to His bond servant John,

kola oloye:

@Enigma
Have you read this before since you know Revelation?
REV.3:
11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out:
      and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God,
      which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
REV.3:21
To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame,
and am set down with my Father in his throne.

22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
^^^
And have you read this as well in Revelation:

Rev 2:23  And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Have you compared it to this other scriptures?

Jeremiah 17:10  I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

The scriptures are clear as to who Jesus is. It would do you good to accept their testimony rather than the reasonings of men. Just as in Jesus' day, men have found it difficult to accept His claims. Did they not ask themselves questions like: "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him."

John 13:19  Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.

Isa 43:13  Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

John 5:39  Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

May God's peace be yours.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by nopuqeater: 1:27am On Oct 16, 2010
« #39 on: Today at 01:05:56 AM »

[Quote]Quote from: kola oloye on October 14, 2010, 01:14 PM

Rev 1:10-12. I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

John heard a voice. What did the voice say? I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: But who else is declared in the bible as the First and the Last, even before the book of revelation was written?

Isaiah 41:4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.
Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Logic: Only One can be First; Two can not be First. Only One can be Last; Two cannot be Last. The One Who is First is also the One Who is Last.[/Quote]Please tell me when the Bible reported that Jesus cried out (listen to the cry aletheia. Maybe you will finally hear it to answer your own question); "My God, my God, why has Thou forsaken me?" Who is this God, if you can get it on your own> Are there 2 Firsts here, since Jesus is crying out to a God, a First? Aletheia, o je lo sun.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by nopuqeater: 1:43am On Oct 16, 2010
[Quote]So John heard a voice and turned to see who was speaking. Who did John see? And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man,

Who is the Son of Man? Your challenge is this: "What someone says about himself is more important than what people say about the person."
Who calls Himself the Son of Man? I know you know the answer, but in order to help those who may have forgotten or who don't know. . .

Mark 2:10-11. But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.

The verses from Mark are particularly revealing of the Deity of Christ, for as the Pharisees rightly asked: ". . .who can forgive sins but God only?" They were not wrong to ask this as the scriptures themselves show.

Isaiah 43:25 I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.
Psa 130:3-4. If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.

Where they missed it was to wilfully, deliberately reject the Scriptures that spoke of God Himself walking with them:
Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

As the incident in Mark shows; if Jesus did not have the power to forgive sins, He would have been unable to heal the man.[/Quote]I have to wonder if the christians are sleeping every part of the Bible but come alive when it comes to matters about Jesus? Moses destroyed a first class superpower of his day. The president of that country, the drowned pharaoh is on display for the world to see even today. not a single miracle from the hand of Jesus remained. not one. the bone of dead Elijah woke somebody up. In the Quran, one of the miracles of Moses is the center part of Surah Baqarah. A young man died. killed by a relative and no one confessed to this horror. They approached Prophet Moses who said "slaughter a cow and touch the dead body with a part of the slaughter". after much haggling of back and forth, the children of israel finally slaughtered the cow and touch the boy with the thigh or hind quarter. the boy rose up to reveal who killed him. All of these, no one called him but servant of God.

Jesus didnt do better, you cant stop yourself from blasphemy. Is God a serant or Jesus was the servant? O je sora iwo ogbe ni yi. Hellfire is real.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:59am On Oct 16, 2010
kola oloye:

grin  grin  grin I laff in Germany.

Revelation 1

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which
     must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

3  Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which
     are written therein: for the time is at hand.

4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was,
     and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

5  And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings
     of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

6[b] And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father;[/b] to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Please get understanding. Jesus is not the Almighty God.

I'm still waiting for Prophet Ola  grin

So because Jesus is the Son of God are you now saying that He must be a lesser God than God the Father?   Did you know that an important meaning of the phrase "Son of" among the ancients is "one who has the same nature as." ?

Jesus, as the Son of God, has the very nature of God (read John 5:18; 10:30; 19:7).  He is thus not a lesser God.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Enigma(m): 11:12am On Oct 16, 2010
aletheia:

Isaiah 41:4  Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.
Isaiah 44:6  Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Logic: Only One can be First; Two can not be First. Only One can be Last; Two cannot be Last. The One Who is First is also the One Who is Last.

This is what is brought out by this verse:
John 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

So John heard a voice and turned to see who was speaking. Who did John see? And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man,

Mark 2:10-11.  But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy bed, and go thy way into thine house.

The verses  from Mark are particularly revealing of the Deity of Christ, for as the Pharisees rightly asked: ". . .who can forgive sins but God only?" They were not wrong to ask this as the scriptures themselves show.

Isaiah 43:25  I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.
Psa 130:3-4.  If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.

Micah 5:2  But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Isaiah 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Isa 7:14  Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

As the incident in Mark shows; if Jesus did not have the power to forgive sins, He would have been unable to heal the man.

That this is Jesus Himself speaking is further revealed by the words: "I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death."

All the scriptures testify that it is Jesus who died and indeed rose from the grave, triumphant: Death swallowed up in victory!

Heb 2:9  But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
Heb 2:14  Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

Summing up: Jesus Himself as we see by His very own words declares "I am the first and last" And even in Revelation 1:8 directly declares that He is God as He does in several other places in the Bible.

Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

. . .The Almighty

From the First Book of the Bible:
Gen 17:1  And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
From the Last Book of the Bible:
Rev 4:8  And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Edited to add: There can not be two different Almighty for then neither would be Almighty since there would exist another of equal potency, therefore either Jesus was lying in the Book of Revelation (impossible) or He is who He is.
^^^
I beg to differ: the book of Revelation are Jesus' direct words to His people. Suppose that I want to write a book; and I dictate it word by word, line by line to my secretary. Who is the author? My secretary or myself?

This is clearly shown by the very first verse of the book of Revelation and the letters to the 7 Churches.
Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

The sense of the original Greek is brought out by the Amplified Version:
1[u][THIS IS] the revelation of Jesus Christ [His unveiling of the divine mysteries].[/u] God gave it to Him to disclose and make known to His bond servants certain things which must shortly and speedily come to pass [a]in their entirety. And He sent and communicated it through His angel (messenger) to His bond servant John,
^^^
And have you read this as well in Revelation:

Rev 2:23  And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Have you compared it to this other scriptures?

Jeremiah 17:10  I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

The scriptures are clear as to who Jesus is. It would do you good to accept their testimony rather than the reasonings of men. Just as in Jesus' day, men have found it difficult to accept His claims. Did they not ask themselves questions like: "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him."

John 13:19  Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.

Isa 43:13  Yea, before the day was I am he; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand: I will work, and who shall let it?

John 5:39  Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

May God's peace be yours.

I . . . . juuuuuust . . . . lurrrrrrrrrve . . . this post.

cool
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26am On Oct 16, 2010
e36991:

@ ^^^

Here is a crude constrating and constraining parallel - Obama Barack cant do the impossible

Barack Obama the son, Barack Obama the man, Barack Obama the husband, Barack Obama the father, etc etc on to Barack Obama the President. Right?

One Barack Obama but different Obama Barack persons or different personalities. Right?

Now Barack Obama Michelle's husband is the same and equal to Barack Obama the President of the US. Right?

But Barack Obama the President is the most powerful man on earth and not Barack Obama Michelle's husband. Right?

Barack Obama the President makes speeches on the world stage and not Barack Obama Michelle's husband. Right?

Behind closed doors Barack Obama the President retires to been Barack Obama Michelle's husband. Right?

Positionally or status-wise, there is one Barack Obama whether in a capacity as the husband, father, son, President etc

Barack Obama the father, the President are one

I am not too sure about your analogy of the POTUS but let me use one stone to kill two three birds.  wink

What does it mean to call Jesus the Son of God?

Does the title applied to Jesus, Son of God, imply that He is different than God? No. Jesus is the only begotten Son of God (John 3:16), while Christians are adopted sons of God (Romans 8:15-17).  Christians are called adopted sons of God because we are different from God and must become His children (hence, adopted, not begotten).  Jesus is not called adopted because He never became God's Son, but has always been God's Son.  Calling Jesus the only begotten Son of God means that He is of the same nature as God, not a different nature, as C.S. Lewis explains:

"To beget is to become the father of: to create is to make.  And the difference is this.  When you beget, you beget something of the same kind as yourself.  A man begets human babies, a beaver begets little beavers, But when you make, you make something of a different kind from yourself.  A bird makes a nest, a beaver builds a dam . . .  Now that is the first thing to get clear.  What God begets is God; just as what man begets is man.  What God creates is not God, just as what man makes is not man.  That is why men are not Sons of God in the sense that Christ is.  They may be like God in certain ways, but they are not things of the same kind."

There is a clear distinction between making and begetting, that is, you cannot make what you beget.  What you make is different from yourself, what you beget has your nature.  Therefore to call Jesus the only begotten Son is to say that He has God's nature and was not made.  Since He has God's nature, He is, by definition, God and therefore eternal.  If Jesus was created by God, He could not have been begotten, and John 3:16; 1:18, 1 John 4:9, etc. are in error.

Therefore, when the Bible says that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God, it means that Jesus is equal to God, not less than God. QED.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by kolaoloye(m): 11:28am On Oct 16, 2010
Almighty God,I ask for grace,wisdom, understanding and clarity of speech so that the reader would have
clear understanding of your word. All these i asked in the name of Jesus,amen.

Now let me start with
e36991:

@ttalks

We will be waiting in vain for Kola Oloye to point out the book Jesus personally wrote because no book exists

That writing didnt last the light of the day. It's been blown away centuries ago grin

The closest and a consolation would be the Ten commandments written with the finger of God  wink

On a serious note, I think this is an acquired stance adopted by Kola Oloye over a period of time after joining NL

This was likely influenced by certain contributors' submission(s) read here in NL.

The least I'll volunteer is that its not Huxley or any other vocal "atheist" or "agnostic"

Neither God nor Jesus wrote any book not even the Quran.
My point is this:I believe the word of God but nothing is as good as what someone says about himself.
If you look at most of those quotations above you will see some confirmation made by Jesus himself.
Many of them started with 'JESUS SAID' unlike those ones my brother posted above.

Don't forget the foundation of my argument,JOHN 3:16
In another scripture Jesus said: "I'm the way,the truth and life,no one comes to the father except by me".
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by kolaoloye(m): 11:59am On Oct 16, 2010
@Olaadegbu,
I have some things to download for you but the server is not being friendly for now.
BRB
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by e36991: 3:18pm On Oct 16, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

I am not too sure about your analogy of the POTUS but let me use one stone to kill two three birds.  wink

What does it mean to call Jesus the Son of God?

Does the title applied to Jesus, Son of God, imply that He is different than God? No. 

Jesus is the only begotten Son of God (John 3:16), while Christians are adopted sons of God (Romans 8:15-17). 

Christians are called adopted sons of God because we are different from God and must become His children (hence, adopted, not begotten). 

Jesus is not called adopted because He never became God's Son, but has always been God's Son. Calling Jesus the only begotten Son of God means that He is of the same nature as God, not a different nature, as C.S. Lewis explains:

"To beget is to become the father of: to create is to make.  And the difference is this.  When you beget, you beget something of the same kind as yourself.  A man begets human babies, a beaver begets little beavers, But when you make, you make something of a different kind from yourself.  A bird makes a nest, a beaver builds a dam . . .  Now that is the first thing to get clear.  What God begets is God; just as what man begets is man.  What God creates is not God, just as what man makes is not man.  That is why men are not Sons of God in the sense that Christ is.  They may be like God in certain ways, but they are not things of the same kind."

There is a clear distinction between making and begetting, that is, you cannot make what you beget.  What you make is different from yourself, what you beget has your nature. 

Therefore to call Jesus the only begotten Son is to say that He has God's nature and was not made.  Since He has God's nature, He is, by definition, God and therefore eternal.  If Jesus was created by God, He could not have been begotten, and John 3:16; 1:18, 1 John 4:9, etc. are in error.

Therefore, when the Bible says that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God, it means that Jesus is equal to God, not less than God. QED

@OLAADEGBU

I couldnt help not visualising you been very pleased with yourself just like the proverbial cat that got the cream

QED? pfft  grin  wink

My post was submitted in a supporting and not countering role in any shape or form to yours

The analogy with POTUS was as already stated at the beginning a

" . . . a crude constrating and constraining parallel - Obama Barack cant do the impossible"

Instead of questioning the analogy to flesh out more information you opted for assumptions a few too many

God has always been God. Think of progression. Think of relationship. Think of over time

God was God before He became God the Father or God the Son

Did Abraham know God as God the Father? No but rather God said Abraham is my a friend

The POTUS analogy was hoping to illustrate the oneness of God

A state or condition of unity and perfect harmony or accord of the Godhead

The POTUS is not superman talkess God so rendering the analogy to certain degrees limiting

It is a home run, if one can grasp the singleness of Barack Obama in all his different personages note importanty Barack Obama and not the POTUS

No doubt all the personages in the "Barack Obama hood" are equal but in certain circumstances one is powerful than the other.

In certain circumstances one is greater than the other or has more authority than the other. Irony? Paradox?

Barack Obama, concerning the East bloc, makes decisions as the POTUS and not as Barack Obama the husband - Michelle's other half

John 5:30 GOD'S WORD Translation:

I can't do anything on my own.

As I listen [to the Father], I make my judgments.

My judgments are right because I don't try to do what I want but what the one who sent me wants.

I am not loosing sleeping over the Godhood or my theology and also have no qualms with the biography and deity of Jesus
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Image123(m): 6:22pm On Oct 16, 2010
I thank God for all our christian brethren who have responded beautifully above. Just to add a few things. It needs be said though that spiritual things require Revelation. It's the best way to GET what is being said. A thousand points made may never suffice. That's why i adviced, Kola Oloye, that you pray. Much more when we see that great is the mystery of Godliness. It is a great mystery, it's beyond what we all see. It's a ground to tread with caution.
The 'misunderstanding' arises from some of the incidences/statements we encounter in scriptures like some of which you Kola, have pointed out. But it will do believers a world of good if we do not behave like the unbelievers.
proverbs 18v13. He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.
It's what unbelievers do, but believers should look closely and completely before we conclude. Strong reasons have pointed out/quoted by others already to show that Jesus is God and Creator. I want to highlight some reasons for some of the incidences/matter you've mentioned.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Image123(m): 6:53pm On Oct 16, 2010
2Corinthians8v9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.
He was rich, but He BECAME poor and a servant, for us all. That's why He came! There was no other person worthy.
Revelation 5v3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
They looked for, and there was none, so He gave up all for us. We need never forget this. It wasn't His original position, He did/endured it for us. So He may be our perfect example, the Way showing what God wants of us. He taught us humility and shamed pride, that we may be like-minded irrespective of our 'social' status. He was only showing/teaching us lowliness of mind (Philippians 2v1-11).
Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God.
Unbelievers ask alot for a proof of God's existence. They're like why won't He speak and let them hear for themselves. But God works with faith, and here was Jesus (the very Word), made flesh. He could have told it a million times, during His about 33years stay with us, that He was God. But He didn't play a fast one. He thought it not robbery to be equal with God, but instead made himself of no reputation.
All those verses you quoted show Him of no reputation, a servant, in the likeness of men, and we know why. But He truly/actually had reputation for He is God. He humbled Himself.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Image123(m): 7:12pm On Oct 16, 2010
But 33years is not the end of the story. He is genesis to revelation. And there are undeniable 'hints' to His true status from which He humbled Himself. It is the status of God. I believe the Word of God to be the Word of God and not just the words of some men (1Thessalonians 2v13), but let's assume with you that it is the words of men. Well this were men that knew God and are our pillars, the cloud of witnesses who we WILL see in Heaven. They knew Him and handled Him. Let's re-hear some exciting things that they said about Jesus. Please hear it through before your 're'conclusion(Proverbs 18v13). I've to be somewhere, so will be back later with other passages.
1John 5v20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
Romans 9v5Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
These are hints to Christ's deity.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Image123(m): 9:17pm On Oct 16, 2010
He plays the EXACT same role with God in a way no other person, angel or being can play because He is God.
2Peter 1v11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
That is where we most times refer to as the kingdom of God. Michael or Gabriel or Moses could never fit into this verses, only God could and can.
Galatians4v6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
The bolded is the Spirit of God no doubt.
Luke 22v65 And many other things blasphemously spake they against him.
I'm not 100% on this, but i've always thought only God can be said to be blasphemed in the real sense. I don't think one can speak blasphemously against, say Peter or an angel.
Isaiah 44v6 is so clear, i think.
Isaiah 44v6. Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
Bible students know the King of Israel, it's Jesus in care some readers don't know. He's also the King of kings. He is the Redeemer, the first and the last as has already been pointed out by others. He says Beside me there is NO God. There goes what we refer to as the doctrine of the Trinity(3 in 1).
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by e36991: 9:27pm On Oct 16, 2010
Image123:

. . . There goes what we refer to as the doctrine of the Trinity (3 in 1).

@^^^

grin grin grin
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Image123(m): 9:38pm On Oct 16, 2010
Recall the popular Isaiah 9v6 that tells us about Jesus The mighty God. Isaiah 43v11 is similar to Isaiah 44v6
Isaiah 43v11. I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.
There's only one Saviour, i'm sure Kola, you know who it is. He is the Lord God. His brand name is Jesus, the painter of the sky. Talking about saving and redeeming, Jesus did it with His own blood.
Acts 20v28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
God purchased us the church with His own blood. He built us. Hebrews 3v3,4 refers to Jesus who said 'upon this rock, I build my church'
Hebrews 3v3 For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house. 4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.
He is God. He that built all things is God.
Acts 7v59 And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
Calling upon God is same as saying Lord Jesus, for He is verily God.
John 14v9,10
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Image123(m): 9:54pm On Oct 16, 2010
Hebrews 12v23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect.
Of course, you know Jesus is the God the Judge of all referred to. Here it is.
John 5v22,23
22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He
that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him
Even the Psalmist knew this before it was said by Jesus on earth. How them do you not know after it's been said?
Psalm 82v8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.
Jesus is coming and He will inherit all nations, you know that i hope?
And so on and forth we may in. I sincerly hope He shows it unto you until you truly believe.
John 16v15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
All things that the Father hath are mine, all things including 'God'.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by nopuqeater: 10:54pm On Oct 16, 2010
@Olaadegbu and e36991: « #44 on: Today at 11:26:21 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: e36991 on Yesterday at 05:38:07 PM

@ ^^^

Barack Obama the father, the President are one[/Quote]Is there anytime that Mr. Obama, the President is not the husband of Mrs. Michelle Obama who is watching the News at the Private quarters? When the most powerful man on the face of the planet leaves the Oval Office, and do we expect that it was not the father of Malia and young Sasha that is working back home across the Hall? Is there a time that the basketball lover President is divided into more than one person he is? There is no way that we can imagine that.

Same applies to God, then Jesus. God is never out of control that people can humiliate him as they did to Jesus. Jesus cant rise up to the level of God Almighty, for from his lips, we read "Jesus, Your (Lord God Amighty) slave, who You (The Sole Creator) sent.

[Quote]I am not too sure about your analogy of the POTUS but let me use one stone to kill two three birds.  Wink

What does it mean to call Jesus the Son of God?[/Quote]Lie, euphoric fantasy.

[Quote]Does the title applied to Jesus, Son of God, imply that He is different than God?[/Quote]Jesus is not son of God. You know it just as well as I do. If it makes you happy to lie to lie to yourself, then continue. Among mankind, father and son are not the same. Mother is father's wife. Son is the child of the mother. Who is the consort of God if He has a son?

[Quote]No. Jesus is the only begotten Son of God (John 3:16), while Christians are adopted sons of God (Romans 8:15-17).  Christians are called adopted sons of God because we are different from God and must become His children (hence, adopted, not begotten).  Jesus is not called adopted because He never became God's Son, but has always been God's Son.  Calling Jesus the only begotten Son of God means that He is of the same nature as God, not a different nature, as C.S. Lewis explains:[/Quote]ets get to C. S. Lewis, later. If Jesus was of the same nature as God, then God is human, eats, defecates, sleeps, tires, etc, has a mother and can be tempted by Satan, prays to another God, feels pain, etc all of them and more Jesus experienced, according to the Bible.

Jesus was supported by Angels of God, comforting him. The same God experiences, you are saying. Who is the wife of God that delivered him a begotten son? And in the adoptions, will you be punished in hell if you believe in Jesus and disbelieve in the Almighty Lordship and Godship of One True God? If I disbelieve in the sonship of Jesus and you being an adopted son, but believe in One God Almighty, will I be punished?

Why will you not be punished and I will, if you believe that I will be punished? There were many believers who did not believe in sonship of Jesus; Adam who should have seen Jesus. Eve who should have been him, too. Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Melchezdekeh, Lot, Isaac, big brother Ishmael, Jacob, Joseph and his brothers, Moses, Aaron, all of them including Zachariah and his son John. None of them call Jesus son of God or God Almighty. This idea is of your own and your own only.

[Quote]"To beget is to become the father of: to create is to make.[/Quote]In an earlier post, Olaadegbu you had mentioned that Jesus was made a quicken spirit, as the second Adam. You wanna withdraw that idea, here, now? You christians always dance here and there as the music of the choir moves you.

[Quote]And the difference is this.  When you beget, you beget something of the same kind as yourself.  A man begets human babies, a beaver begets little beavers,[/QUote]I guess you are saying here, that God Almighty is like Jesus? A human being, hungry enough to curse a tree of season to wither? Weak enough to be tempted and controlled by Satan? Cries, weeps, yells and blames at the time that the show of strength is more appropriate?

[Quote]But when you make, you make something of a different kind from yourself.  A bird makes a nest, a beaver builds a dam . . .  Now that is the first thing to get clear.[/Quote]I see. Jesus was not human.

[Quote]What God begets is God; just as what man begets is man.[/Quote]Man dies. Jesus didnt die. I see.

[Quote]What God creates is not God, just as what man makes is not man. That is why men are not Sons of God in the sense that Christ is.  They may be like God in certain ways, but they are not things of the same kind."[/Quote]Jesus was not man. He was something else. But he was only acting like man. Like the proverbial "if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it is a duck". This does not apply to Jesus, though he said it with his own lips as being son of man, son of his mother and a servant sent by God Almighty. Lets just shelf all of that. They are worthless.

[Quote]There is a clear distinction between making and begetting, that is, you cannot make what you beget.  What you make is different from yourself, what you beget has your nature.[/Quote]Though Jesus in all aspects of his being, was just like all the other human messengers and Prophets. We must elevate him so high. He just have to be God, himself. Though he said he is a servant of God.

[Quote]Therefore to call Jesus the only begotten Son is to say that He has God's nature and was not made.[/Quote]And we know he has human nature.

[Quote]Since He has God's nature,[/Quote]He doesnt. He ate, sleep, tired out, worn out, fatigued, defecated, conned by Satan, etc just like human. Adam being the first and your genealogy of Jesus testifies to this by ending up with Adam, who you people blame so very much.

[Quote]He is, by definition, God and therefore eternal.  If Jesus was created by God, He could not have been begotten, and John 3:16; 1:18, 1 John 4:9, etc. are in error.[/Quote]This is pure lie. there is nothing to proof the above. Jesus himself said he is a servant. Unless he was not telling the truth when he said it, we have to take his word for it and discard others. The Bible and its fighting against itself. My God my God why has thou forsaken me is very powerful argument.

[Quote]Therefore, when the Bible says that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God, it means that Jesus is equal to God, not less than God. QED.
Report to moderator   Logged
The heart of the human problem is the problem of the human heart[/Quote]And when it says Jesus is the servant, it also expresses that Jesus rises to servant and stopped.

@kola oloye (m): « #45 on: Today at 11:28:19 AM »
[Quote]Almighty God,I asked for grace,wisdom, understanding and clarity of speech so that the reader would have
clear understanding of your word. All these i asked in the name of Jesus,amen.

Now let me start with
Quote from: e36991 on Yesterday at 06:27:14 PM
@ttalks

That writing didnt last the light of the day. It's been blown away centuries ago Grin

The closest and a consolation would be the Ten commandments written with the finger of God  Wink

Neither God nor Jesus wrote any book not even the Quran.[/Quote]When are you going to stop co mingling Quran with the others? Quran was revealed to Muhammad (AS) from Allah the Almighty Creator Who has not partner. Through Jibril (AS), except the 4 last verses of Surah Baqarah to Muhammad directly on the occasion of Isra wa Miraj.

[Quote]My point is this:I believe the word of God but nothing is as good as what someone says about himself.[/Quote]Where is the word of God? Give me a name of a Book, with absolute certainty that what I will find is nothing but Word of God. Nothing else.

[Quote]If you look at most of those quotations above you will see some confirmation made by Jesus himself.
Many of them started with 'JESUS SAID' unlike those ones my brother posted above.[/Quote]This is not the word of God. Somebody quoting a prophet. Prophet Jesus, that is.

[Quote]Don't forget the foundation of my argument,JOHN 3:16
In another scripture Jesus said: "I'm the way,the truth and life,no one comes to the father except by me".[/Quote]Another reporter making up what he perceive at best. Even if Jesus said this, he is still not God. father is generic as the loose canons of Bible writers, cant help themselves against its temptation.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by kolaoloye(m): 8:32am On Oct 18, 2010
nopuqeater:

@kola oloye (m): « #45 on: Today at 11:28:19 AM »
This is not the word of God. Somebody quoting a prophet. Prophet Jesus, that is.

From the mouth of 2 or 3,truth shall be established.
The book of Matthew said:Jesus said,so also the book of
Mark and Luke.What else are you still looking for before you can establish the truth?

Another reporter making up what he perceive at best. Even if Jesus said this, he is still not God. father is generic as the loose canons of Bible writers, cant help themselves against its temptation.

I never told you that Jesus is God.He never claimed to be.
JESUS IS LORD. He is the son of the Most high.
John 3:16

When are you going to stop co mingling Quran with the others? Quran was revealed to Muhammad (AS) from Allah the Almighty Creator Who has not partner. Through Jibril (AS), except the 4 last verses of Surah Baqarah to Muhammad directly on the occasion of Isra wa Miraj.

MIRAGE grin grin grin.This is a FIRST CLASS DECEPTION. I laff in Saudi. grin grin grin

Jesus is not son of God. You know it just as well as I do. If it makes you happy to lie to lie to yourself, then continue. Among mankind, father and son are not the same. Mother is father's wife. Son is the child of the mother. Who is the consort of God if He has a son?
It is beyond human comprehension. JOHN 3:16.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by kolaoloye(m): 8:48am On Oct 18, 2010
@Olaadegbu

be·get
   /bɪˈgɛt/ Show Spelled[bih-get] Show IPA
–verb (used with object), be·got or ( Archaic ) be·gat; be·got·ten or be·got; be·get·ting.

1.(esp. of a male parent) to procreate or generate (offspring).

2.to cause; produce as an effect: a belief that power begets power.

Thesaurus
Main Entry: beget
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: create, bear
Synonyms: afford, breed, bring, bring about, cause, effect, engender, father, generate, get, give rise to, multiply, occasion, procreate, produce, progenerate, propagate, reproduce, result in, sire
Main Entry: bear
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: give birth
Synonyms: be delivered of, beget, breed, bring forth, create, develop, engender, form, fructify, generate, invent, make, parturitate, produce, propagate, provide, reproduce, yield
Notes: bare  is to uncover or reveal or to expose; bear  is to hold up, support, transport - or an animal
Antonyms: be unproductive

Jesus cannot be God.It is impossible for God to die.He cannot be killed by what He created.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   up.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by nopuqeater: 1:54pm On Oct 18, 2010
^^^^^^So how is Jesus the son of God then? You need to go back to Islam, the religion you left, for Jesus who was not God and couldnt be son of God. Your argument against Oaadegbu by your quoting the meaning of Beget, begotten, etc. Antonyms is unproductive. This is God. He does not sire, procreates, reprocreates. Your own argument killed Trinity, jesus but only as a servant sent,and supported like every other servants.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by kolaoloye(m): 8:01am On Oct 19, 2010
nopuqeater:

^^^^^^So how is Jesus the son of God then? You need to go back to Islam, the religion you left, for Jesus who was not God and couldnt be son of God. Your argument against Oaadegbu by your quoting the meaning of Beget, begotten, etc. Antonyms is unproductive. This is God. He does not sire, procreates, reprocreates. Your own argument killed Trinity, jesus but only as a servant sent,and supported like every other servants.

shocked  shocked  shocked BACK TO SENDER. shocked  shocked  shocked I would rather die an atheist than being a suicide bomber.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Sharia is another thing. No room for forgiveness.Kill I kill - NO WAY,Jesus is Lord.

Jesus who was not God and couldnt be son of God.
I said it before:Jesus is not God.He is the Christ,the redeemer.Without him you can't make heaven.
                                              JOHN 3:16 
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by proo212(m): 11:37am On Oct 19, 2010
kola oloye:

shocked  shocked  shocked BACK TO SENDER. shocked  shocked  shocked I would rather die an atheist than being a suicide bomber.
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Sharia is another thing. No room for forgiveness.Kill I kill - NO WAY,Jesus is Lord.
I said it before:Jesus is not God.He is the Christ,the redeemer.Without him you can't make heaven.
                                              JOHN 3:16 

Actually Kola Oloye, (thanking God for your life), let's recount what Thomas said when he finally saw Jesus Christ after he was raised from the dead. Thomas not believing that what the other disciples told him

26A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!"
27 Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."

28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Enigma(m): 1:00pm On Oct 19, 2010
^^^ Unfortunately, kola oloye is not thinking clearly. What is worse, he is not humble enough to say "Wait! Maybe I should think about this thing again because, what if I'm wrong?"

One thing should make any person say "Maybe, I should think it again"; that thing is this: for 2000 years Christians and the Universal Church have held that Jesus Christ is God. That alone should make a person at least think twice before denying the deity of Christ.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by kolaoloye(m): 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2010
Enigma:

^^^ Unfortunately, kola oloye is not thinking clearly. What is worse, he is not humble enough to say "Wait! Maybe I should think about this thing again because, what if I'm wrong?"

One thing should make any person say "Maybe, I should think it again"; that thing is this: for 2000 years Christians and the Universal Church have held that Jesus Christ is God. That alone should make a person at least think twice before denying the deity of Christ.
I don't care how anybody feels about the truth.
God cannot be killed.The fact that someone said something does not make it right.
Someone looong time ago said the the Earth was flat but what do we have now.
Someone has to check every opinion and be very sure of it.

Wait, what do you think would happen if you burn a transformer of any equipment in your home?
Definitely the thing ceased working and you need the service of an electrician or an expert to fix it for you.
If God actually died, then who made the resurrection possible for him?

You should also be able to tell me what God was trying to prove and to who by allowing himself
to be killed by what he created? God crying on the cross to himself for his own mercy?
Common use your head.
On JOHN 3:16 I stand.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by nopuqeater: 2:17pm On Oct 19, 2010
@Kola Oloye: « #56 on: Yesterday at 08:32:33 AM »
[QUote]From the mouth of 2 or 3,truth shall be established.
The book of Matthew said:Jesus said,so also the book of
Mark and Luke.What else are you still looking for before you can establish the truth?[/Quote]Even if each of them are liars? (George Bush, Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, Wolfowitz, etc). Even each heard what they did not relate to the readers? Was Jesus available to statethat he is "Lord" according to you, or just "Lord" in the same theme as the British house of "Lords"? Kola Oloye, you are not making any sense, since Lord can be used for God, and God is used for Lord, too.

[Quote]I never told you that Jesus is God.He never claimed to be.
JESUS IS LORD. He is the son of the Most high.
John 3:16[/Quote]You are a father. The mother of your children is your wife. Now, who is the wife of the "Most high. John 3:16? Kola Oloye, you have a lot to answer for in the day of Judgment.

[Quote]MIRAGE  Grin  Grin  Grin.This is a FIRST CLASS DECEPTION. I laff in Saudi. Grin  Grin  Grin[/Quote]And you ignorantly believe Servant is Lord? Who is in deception of the highest order, living a lie "Mirage"? I now laugh is Arabiyya "Haaa u laaa heee."

[Quote]Jesus is not son of God. You know it just as well as I do. If it makes you happy to lie to lie to yourself, then continue. Among mankind, father and son are not the same. Mother is father's wife. Son is the child of the mother. Who is the consort of God if He has a son?
[flash=200,200]http://It is beyond human comprehension. JOHN 3:16.[/flash][/QUote]In all of that Humans are supposed to just accept it, without understanding it? This is bigtime confusion. Yet, God says He is not the Author of confusion. I hereby declare that God didnt Author the Bible, with this so must in it. It is supposed to be a guide and understanding manual for man. Yet it is beyond human comprehension? Why not give it to those who can comprehend it? Maybe the jinn? Or the Angels, who actually know that God has no offspring? Kola, you are lost, bigtime.

[Quote]« #57 on: Yesterday at 08:48:18 AM »

@Olaadegbu

be·get
   /bɪˈgɛt/ Show Spelled[bih-get] Show IPA
–verb (used with object), be·got or ( Archaic ) be·gat; be·got·ten or be·got; be·get·ting.

1.(esp. of a male parent) to procreate or generate (offspring).

2.to cause; produce as an effect: a belief that power begets power.

Thesaurus
Main Entry:    beget
Part of Speech:    verb
Definition:    create, bear
Synonyms:    afford, breed, bring, bring about, cause, effect, engender, father, generate, get, give rise to, multiply, occasion, procreate, produce, progenerate, propagate, reproduce, result in, sire
Main Entry:    bear
Part of Speech:    verb
Definition:    give birth
Synonyms:    be delivered of, beget, breed, bring forth, create, develop, engender, form, fructify, generate, invent, make, parturitate, produce, propagate, provide, reproduce, yield
Notes:    bare  is to uncover or reveal or to expose; bear  is to hold up, support, transport - or an animal
Antonyms:    be unproductive

Jesus cannot be God.It is impossible for God to die.He cannot be killed by what He created.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE   up.[/Quote]You killed your own argument of "Son of God" with your own argument with Olaadegbu by the "beget" definition you imported, above. You have argued that God can be killed. This knocks out Jesus from being God. You at least by inference said with this argument that there is no reason for God to beget anything, since He will not be ceased by death, anyhow. Now if God does not beget, why are you still saying that Jesus is His son, when Adam and or Eve with more complex process of becoming humans from soil, and from rib, respectively, are not His children? You are living a life filled with Mirages.

[Quote]« #59 on: Today at 08:01:39 AM »

Quote from: nopuqeater on Yesterday at 01:54:56 PM
Shocked  Shocked  Shocked BACK TO SENDER.[/Quote]Lol at the bold. This man is a certified Keferi. You people never tired of back to sender? I guess jesus and his papa are not worth of full reliance then? You could couldnt trust them to protect you from my prayer, even if you dont like it? What if its a curse that I mad? You would have gone to babalawo, am sure or some Pastor that will strip you clean of your salary. O ga fun eyin keferi yi o. You cant even trust the one you profess to believe in.

[Quote]Shocked  Shocked  Shocked I would rather die an atheist than being a suicide bomber.[/Quote]And you said your parents are muslims? Were they suicide bombers? Or anyone from the family is a muslim who has suicide bomb anyone? Use your human intellect. This is a poor idea. Dont hurry death on yourself. When he comes for you, there is no moment to spare. You will see what the reality of your statement is, then. My prayer is that you have come to your senses then, and stop living this ilusion, a life filled with lies.

[Quote]Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! [b]Sharia is another thing. No room for forgiveness.Kill I kil[/b]l - NO WAY,Jesus is Lord.[/Quote]I dont think you know anything about islam. If you did, you would have known that forgiveness is higher and more appreciated than revenge. If you are now talking about Allah, His name Rauf is Forgiveness. This is Mercy. Why not wager with me, that if I show you from the Quran and Hadith and Sunnah lots of Forgiveness, Mercy, etc you will return home, instead of living a lie?

[Quote]I said it before:Jesus is not God.He is the Christ,the redeemer.Without him you can't make heaven.
                                             JOHN 3:16[/Quote]You are behaving like parrot, whi hears and repeats without thinking of the truth or lies from mankind. Who wants heaven where there could be Paradise or Hell to finally walk into? I am for paradise. Keep your heaven and which ever door you open, Hell could just be the place to see. This is similar to a person who gambes. Head or tail. What is the chance of hitting what he wants, but 50%. My case is that both side is actually one side; exactly what I want. If one listen to what you have said, Adam and all the pious predecessors are not going to Heaven, but to Hell, because they on their own are leaders of their nations, needing no Jesus to lead them but Only God for their Successes, and we know that each was successful. Moses destroyed Pharaoh. And he controlled those (Children of Israel) who you said killed your Lord :Jesus". Now who is better?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Arresting Apostle Johnson Suleman Will Create Problems For Buhari – Group Warns / Prophet Tommy Yisa Aika Wants N750k To Pray For Super Eagles To Win World Cup / There Shall Be New Nigeria’, Pastor Adeboye Optimistic, Composes New Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 250
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.