Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,917 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. (25324 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by nopuqeater: 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2010
@Kola Oloye: « #62 on: Today at 01:36:41 PM »
[QUote]Quote from: Enigma on Today at 01:00:44 PM
^^^ Unfortunately, kola oloye is not thinking clearly. What is worse, he is not humble enough to say "Wait! Maybe I should think about this thing again because, what if I'm wrong?"

One thing should make any person say "Maybe, I should think it again"; that thing is this: for 2000 years Christians and the Universal Church have held that Jesus Christ is God. That alone should make a person at least think twice before denying the deity of Christ.
I don't care how anybody feels about the truth.[/Quote]Whats the truth about Islam that scared you so much? The wudhu? Thats simple, if you take showers, daily. Just imagine it to be additional showers. i think when a man marries a disbeliever, he tends to walk away from belief. Or when they finally hvae the freedom from parents, experiencing something new based on this newly acquired freedom. WHich one is yours, because its hard to put my finger on it?

[Quote]God cannot be killed.The fact that someone said something does not make it right.
Someone long time ago said the the Earth was flat but what do we have now.
Someone has to check every opinion and be very sure of it.
[/Quote]So apply this to Islam, and apply it to your human lord. I wanna read your argument[s].

[Quote]Wait, what do you think would happen if you burn a transformer of any equipment in your home?
Definitely the thing ceased working and you need the service of an electrician or an expert to fix it for you.
If God actually died, then who made the resurrection possible for him?[/Quote]What if there was no death all together? Could there have been a resurrection? Kola, you have to start thinking now.

[Quote]You should also be able to tell me what God was trying to prove and to who by allowing himself
to be killed by what he created? God crying on the cross to himself for his own mercy?
Common use your head.
On JOHN 3:16 I stand.[/QUote]I ask you here again; what if there was no death of even the servant, all along? Is this impossible to achieve by the same God Who lifted that servant, body and soul to heaven? Lets concentrate on this, please. Just may be the wisdom may come back to you.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by kolaoloye(m): 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2010
nopuqeater:

What if there was no death all together? Could there have been a resurrection? Kola, you have to start thinking now.

I ask you here again; what if there was no death of even the servant, all along? Is this impossible to achieve by the same God Who lifted that servant, body and soul to heaven? Lets concentrate on this, please. Just may be the wisdom may come back to you.
What are you insinuating? I'm ready to hear you out.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by e36991: 8:23pm On Oct 19, 2010
kola oloye:

I don't care how anybody feels about the truth.

God cannot be killed. The fact that someone said something does not make it right.

Someone looong time ago said the the Earth was flat but what do we have now.

Someone has to check every opinion and be very sure of it.

Wait, what do you think would happen if you burn a transformer of any equipment in your home?

Definitely the thing ceased working and you need the service of an electrician or an expert to fix it for you.

If God actually died, then who made the resurrection possible for him?

You should also be able to tell me what God was trying to prove and to who by allowing himself to be killed by what he created?

God crying on the cross to himself for his own mercy?

Common use your head.

On JOHN 3:16 I stand.

@kola oloye

Hope you dont get messed up with the theology

GOD is omnipotent. All powerful. Right?

Is it impossible for GOD to be in two places at the same time?

If God actually died? - God didnt die, it's Jesus God the Son that died

Who made the resurrection? - God the Father. The one that has power over life & death

God crying? - Bible 101 - GOD is not man or a son of man. GOD hasnt got hang-ups with crying especially when it comes down to saving butt$

Crying is a small price to pay for countless bacons that will be saved

ǝɔıɟɟo-ʇɐ-ʇslıɥʍ-ʎluo-ssǝɔɔɐ-ʇǝuɹǝʇuı ɹnoʎ sıɥʇ ʇnoqɐ ǝuop ǝq oʇ spǝǝu ƃuıɥʇǝɯos
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by aletheia(m): 10:56pm On Oct 19, 2010
kola oloye:

You should also be able to tell me what God was trying to prove and to who by allowing himself
to be killed by what he created? God crying on the cross to himself for his own mercy?

Common use your head.

The highlighted above is where your problem lies: you left Islam but unfortunately some of the thought patterns and worldview of Islam still cling to you. If I removed Kola Oloye and substituted nopuqeater in the above quote; we wouldn't be able to tell the difference. My prayer is that the glorious light of the gospel of Jesus will remove these remaining cobwebs.

Again understand this: Jesus is the exact representation, the express image of the Invisible God:

Col 1:15-19. Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

John 1:18. No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 14:8-9. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Hebrews 1:3. Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Now notice how Jesus is described in exactly the same terms as God.

1. For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers:
Genesis 1:1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Hebrews 11:3. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
John 1:1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

2. all things were created by him, and for him:
Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

This is a critical matter and goes to the heart of what it means to confess Jesus Christ.

1 John 4:2-3. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
^^
Lay aside your preconceived notions and let the scriptures speak! What does this phrase: Jesus Christ is come in the flesh mean? What does it imply? Here is what the scriptures say:
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
But we know from verse 1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
So when we confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh: we confess that God became flesh. This is the point on which Islam and Judaism and other false religions stumble. They all acknowledge Jesus as a Teacher, a Prophet, a Good Man but Jesus as God. . .somehow sticks in their craw because of the spirit of antichrist in them.

Indeed it is a mystery (something hidden) which God Himself has revealed and faith means believing what God has revealed not trying to rationalize it from a human perspective. But this mystery is declared in emphatic terms in the Bible.

The Old Testament foreshadows it:
Hebrews 1:8. But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Isaiah 9:6. For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. (BTW: compare Ps 90:2. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.)

The New Testament proclaims it:
1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

May our Father in heaven grant you grace as you meditate on these.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by nopuqeater: 12:24am On Oct 20, 2010
@Kola Oloye: « #65 on: Today at 04:35:33 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: nopuqeater on Today at 02:31:13 PM

What if there was no death all together? Could there have been a resurrection? Kola, you have to start thinking now.

I ask you here again; what if there was no death of even the servant, all along? Is this impossible to achieve by the same God Who lifted that servant, body and soul to heaven? Lets concentrate on this, please. Just may be the wisdom may come back to you.
What are you insinuating? I'm ready to hear you out.[/Quote]You have argued that it serves no purpose or proof beneficial to any one that God will allow Himself to be killed. Hence Jesus as the Bible and the Christians records and believe it, respectively can not be God.

I further pressed you on the fact that Jesus could not be son of God, because his mother would therefore had to be the wife of God. You walked away from such a trap, and you rather say it is a mystery in my eye. Yet you cant even give me a direct answer, so that I am clear that you even believe it. This makes two of us in that mystery. But God is not the Author of confusion, says the Bible. If all of these are not confusion, what is confusion, then?

Now you proposed that there was resurrection. I am saying to you that there was no death in the first place. So there is no need for resurrection.

Here now is my argument from the Bible.

Jesus, according to the Bible said that a good spirit (prophet of God), whatever he says must come true. That must include prayers. In fact prayers from the lips of true prophets of God; Adam who seek forgiveness, was granted it. hence he and his wife Eve, neither will go to hell or was punished for the first sin, since they offered the first repentance. Enoch prayed to be elevated, he was in 3rd heaven while Jesus and John were in 2nd, and Adam in 1st as our father. Noah prayed for the destruction of evil doers of his time, they were wiped out with flood. Lets jump to Moses; He prayed for destruction of Pharaoh and his supporters. Egypt was defeated for the first time in human history. David prayed that he become victorious over Goliath. The story you must know.

Why will the situation of Jesus be different, if he is truly a prophet of God? He prayed for safety and God sent His Angel to support him, giving him assurance from God. Remember the Angel didnt just leave his position and journeyed to Jesus. God Almighty sent him. If Jesus was a fake prophet, there would not have been an Angel of God sent to support him. What was the support, if his life was just going to be snuffed out like that? There would not have been a reason to send an Angel to him for support. Or is there any you reason can think of, if he were to die? After all the Bible said that he yelled "My God, my God,. . . ", because of the pain. So it wasn't that the pain was reduced, or death was pain free. There must be a purpose for the Angel to be sent.

If Jesus was a real Prophet and an angel was sent to him to support him, what is the Lord God Almighty trying to proof after all of these by letting Jesus died a death that does not befit an elect of God? God must have sent the Angel to becloud the judgment of the people so that when they thought that Jesus was dead, he was not dead, but alive. Maybe dazed. Collapsed. In a coma. Fainted, etc. Only God knew his condition. Yet that impression in their heart, based on their visual observation, they have achieved their objective. Satisfied, they allowed his supporters to take me away.

Did anyone know what they did with the 2 thieves? I thought so. No one paid attention to them, because they are not humans?

The application of oil on the body of Jesus, is a dead give away that he was not dead, but alive, though badly wounded. Can you imagine if the murdering mob did not convince themselves that they had killed him, satisfied with their evil intention and its result? They would have been looking for him, until God lifted him up. Note that after Jesus got well enough to get out of the hide out/dugout (a baseball terminology), he never showed himself to the people who probably will make sure this second time around he is definitely dead.

God in His Infinite Mercy and Wisdom, protected the life of His Messenger, His slave servant whom He sent. At the same time made the heart of those who felt that they had killed him, stop chasing after his life.

If God will not surrender Himself for man to kill Him, because it proofs nothing.
So is God not behaving like man so have a baby, because it proofs nothing.
So is God not allowing His elected Messenger and Prophet to be killed, because it proofs nothing.

Why would God deliver His beloved Messenger and Prophet to the hands of God's enemy, after he had prayed against it, seeking His Protection, and He sending His Angel to support this Messenger and Prophet He loved so much? Whats God trying to proof?

Did God Love the world more than loving this particular Messenger and prophet? If God loved the world that much it is easier and just for He could just forgive us all, if that was the reason for any death, without forcing a person who begged not to die, marked for death. If God forgave us all, the good the bad and the ugly among us, who is there to ask Him: Hey, why did you forgive mankind? Is there a one that can do this?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by kolaoloye(m): 8:52am On Oct 20, 2010
JESUS DIED ON THE CROSS.
Jesus knew he was going to be crucified.He said it ahead of the time.He even mentioned his resurrection.

Truly there are times when God may call you to take a path that leads directly into pain--not because
He wants you to suffer, but because He has something better in mind for you on the other side of the pain.

For instance:

- Like a pregnant woman who has to endure nine months of labor and the pain of childbirth in order to
   experience the joy of holding her newborn baby in her arms,

Jesus showed us the key to making it through times of suffering like these:  by keeping your eyes on the prize. 
As the Bible says:

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart" (Hebrews 12:2-3).

It was for the joy set before Him that Jesus was able to endure the cross.  If there was any other way, Jesus would have taken it.  He said as much in the Garden of Gethsemane the night before He had to walk down the Via Dolorosa.  He prayed:

"My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from Me. Yet not as I will, but as You will" (Matthew 25:42).

While none of us wants to enter into pain and suffering voluntarily--not even Jesus--He showed us how to do it when the time comes for us to enter into it.

He kept His eyes on the prize.  When the guards came to take Him away, He went.  When they asked Him to carry His cross, He carried it.  And when He could carry it no longer by Himself, God sent someone else to carry it for Him:

"Carrying His own cross, He went out to the place of the Skull (which in Aramaic is called Golgotha)"  (John 19:17).  "As they were going out, they met a man from Cyrene, named Simon, and they forced him to carry the cross" (Matthew 27:32).

You can still see the place marked on the Via Dolorosa where Simon the Cyrene may have taken up Jesus' cross for Him.  It's one of fourteen "stations of the cross" that are marked out along the path, stations that are replicated in many churches throughout the world.  If people want to remember all that Jesus did for them in those last few hours of His life, they can walk around the perimeter of the church and stop and meditate at each of these fourteen stations, just as they can on the real Via Dolorosa in Jerusalem. 

And walking along the Via Dolorosa is a reminder not only of the suffering that Jesus endured for us, but also of the suffering that He sometimes calls us to endure for Him.  As Jesus told His disciples:

"If anyone would come after Me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow Me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for Me will save it" (Luke 9:23-24).

Although no one ever wants to suffer, Jesus' words are a reminder that some things are worth suffering for, that there is a prize awaiting those who endure it to the end, and that God wants you to have it.

The best way to go through suffering is to make sure you set your eyes on the prize.  But it's also important to make sure you're setting your eyes on the right prize.  There's nothing worse than enduring pain and suffering, only to find that what you've been waiting for all along has been lost in the process.

If your hope is set on having the perfect family, and then something happens to destroy that perfection, you'll be disappointed.  If you're working your hardest to get a promotion, then the promotion doesn't come, you'll be upset.  If you give up your dreams in order to help someone else fulfill theirs, but then they blow it and waste all that you've given up for them, you might wonder if it was worth it.

Sometimes those disappointments come because our eyes weren't on the right prize in the first place.  Even Peter, who may have expected Jesus to ride into Jerusalem, overthrow the Romans and setup His new kingdom, was willing to die for Jesus as He ascended to the throne.  But when Peter found out that Jesus had been arrested, and was likely going to be sentenced to death, his disappointment was evident.  Instead of standing up for Jesus anymore, he denied that he even knew him.  Perhaps it was because his eyes were on the wrong prize.

But God honored Peter still, just like He honors all those who love Him and who are called according to His purpose.  He eventually showed Peter that Jesus reigned in a kingdom whose authority reigned not just in Jerusalem, and not just over the Romans, but over the entire earth.  It was better than Peter could have ever expected. 
We're told that Peter eventually did give up his life for Jesus, being crucified on a cross upside-down.  But this time he had his eyes on the right prize, and he was willing to walk down the path of suffering to get it.

Do not be deceived JESUS laid down his life for us.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by kolaoloye(m): 9:07am On Oct 20, 2010
nopuqeater:

@Kola Oloye: « #65 on: Today at 04:35:33 PM »You have argued that it serves no purpose or proof beneficial to any one that God will allow Himself to be killed. Hence Jesus as the Bible and the Christians records and believe it, respectively can not be God.

I said it before:Jesus is not Jehovah.

I further pressed you on the fact that Jesus could not be son of God, because his mother would therefore had to be the wife of God. You walked away from such a trap, and you rather say it is a mystery in my eye. Yet you cant even give me a direct answer, so that I am clear that you even believe it. This makes two of us in that mystery. But God is not the Author of confusion, says the Bible. If all of these are not confusion, what is confusion, then?

JOHN 3:16  Jesus is the son of God.
Do you believe in miracles at all?
Another thing,can you tell me how magicians make their magics or haven't you witnessed any before?
If a mere man is able to do that then there is nothing that should remain a mystery to you about Jehovah.

Did God Love the world more than loving this particular Messenger and prophet? If God loved the world that much it is easier and just for He could just forgive us all, if that was the reason for any death, without forcing a person who begged not to die, marked for death. If God forgave us all, the good the bad and the ugly among us, who is there to ask Him: Hey, why did you forgive mankind? Is there a one that can do this?

You are very correct. I once thought of that  but since Adam sinned a prize had to be paid.
That is exactly what Jesus did. He paid the prize. Hallelujah! Glory to God.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by kolaoloye(m): 9:13am On Oct 20, 2010
e36991:

@kola oloye

Hope you dont get messed up with the theology

GOD is omnipotent. All powerful. Right?

Is it impossible for GOD to be in two places at the same time?

If God actually died? - God didnt die, it's Jesus God the Son died

Who made the resurrection? - God the Father. The one that has power over life & death

God crying? - Bible 101 - GOD is not man or a son of man. GOD hasnt got hang-ups with crying especially when it comes down to saving butt$

Crying is a small price to pay for countless bacons that will be saved

My brother,there is only one God.His name is Jehovah.
Jesus is the Christ, the redeemer.I don't believe in 3 gods.
Don't you have JOHN 3:16 in your Bible?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by e36991: 10:33am On Oct 20, 2010
kola oloye:

My brother, there is only one God. His name is Jehovah.

Jesus is the Christ, the redeemer. I don't believe in 3 gods.

Don't you have JOHN 3:16 in your Bible?

@kola oloye

Meant to say "it's Jesus, God the Son, that died" up there - Sorry

Now who says there are 3 Gods? Certainly not me
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by kolaoloye(m): 11:09am On Oct 20, 2010
e36991:

@kola oloye

Meant to say "it's Jesus, God the Son, that died" up there - Sorry

Now who says there are 3 Gods? Certainly not me
Please don't get me confused.
If you have God the Son,it means you have God the father and God the Holy spirit,right?
How many gods do we have then if not three?

As for me,I know and I believe there is only one God.

Jesus is the Son of the Most High God,Jehovah.
The Holy Spirit is the Comforter dwelling within us.
Anything aside this is arrant rubbish.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by e36991: 1:09pm On Oct 20, 2010
kola oloye:

Please don't get me confused.

If you have God the Son, it means you have God the father and God the Holy spirit, right?

How many gods do we have then if not three?

As for me, I know and I believe there is only one God.

Jesus is the Son of the Most High God, Jehovah.

The Holy Spirit is the Comforter dwelling within us.

Anything aside this is arrant rubbish.

@kola oloye

I knew you'll come out with the above  grin

I too believe there is only one GOD

and true that, Jesus is, the Son of the Most High

Also true that, the Holy Spirit is the Comforter dwelling within us

So where is the problem

Let me re-run this by you again

Is GOD omnipotent?

Is anything impossible for GOD?

Is it beyond GOD to be in two places at the same time?

Are you married?

Are you a father?

Please give me the answer to these four questions for a start
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:14pm On Oct 20, 2010
kola oloye:

@Olaadegbu,
I have some things to download for you but the server is not being friendly for now.
BRB

How far about the downloads, any joy?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:23pm On Oct 20, 2010
e36991:

@OLAADEGBU

I couldnt help not visualising you been very pleased with yourself just like the proverbial cat that got the cream

QED? pfft  grin  wink

My post was submitted in a supporting and not countering role in any shape or form to yours

The analogy with POTUS was as already stated at the beginning a

" . . . a crude constrating and constraining parallel - Obama Barack cant do the impossible"

Instead of questioning the analogy to flesh out more information you opted for assumptions a few too many

God has always been God. Think of progression. Think of relationship. Think of over time

God was God before He became God the Father or God the Son

Did Abraham know God as God the Father? No but rather God said Abraham is my a friend

The POTUS analogy was hoping to illustrate the oneness of God

A state or condition of unity and perfect harmony or accord of the Godhead

The POTUS is not superman talkess God so rendering the analogy to certain degrees limiting

It is a home run, if one can grasp the singleness of Barack Obama in all his different personages note importanty Barack Obama and not the POTUS

No doubt all the personages in the "Barack Obama hood" are equal but in certain circumstances one is powerful than the other.

In certain circumstances one is greater than the other or has more authority than the other. Irony? Paradox?

Barack Obama, concerning the East bloc, makes decisions as the POTUS and not as Barack Obama the husband - Michelle's other half

I am not loosing sleeping over the Godhood or my theology and also have no qualms with the biography and deity of Jesus

I appreciate your supporting posts here and your help in the past.  My contention about the POTUS' analogy was that it gives those who struggle with the doctrine of trinity a reason to doubt it.  I know that you and Davidylan believe that God is One Person manifesting in three different capacities but this is different from what I understand about the Godhead, which is three Personalities sharing the same essence.  That the Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Holy Spirit but they are all One God.

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by e36991: 1:36pm On Oct 20, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

I appreciate your supporting posts here and your help in the past.

My contention about the POTUS' analogy was that it gives those who struggle with the doctrine of trinity a reason to doubt it.

I know that you and Davidylan believes that God is One Person manifesting in three different capacities

but this is different from what I understand about the Godhead, which is three Personalities sharing the same essence.

That the Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Holy Spirit but they are all One God.

@OLAADEGBU

True about the three Personalities sharing the same essence. I agree with that . . .

Those three Personalities are what have been revealed to us up until now. There could be more to GOD that this. we dont know for sure . . .

In order to give this its due justice I need to Brb to continue later . . .
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by kolaoloye(m): 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

How far about the downloads, any joy?
Sorry, I later changed my mind.
There is no amount of downloads that can convince you.
Your mind is already made up just like mine on the issue of 3 gods and God being killed.
Nothing can convince me as long as JOHN 3:16 is still part of the Bible.

My dear,JESUS IS LORD - No controversy.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by kolaoloye(m): 1:49pm On Oct 20, 2010
e36991:

@kola oloye

I knew you'll come out with the above  grin

I too believe there is only one GOD

and true that, Jesus is, the Son of the Most High

Also true that, the Holy Spirit is the Comforter dwelling within us

So where is the problem

Let me re-run this by you again

Is GOD omnipotent?

Are you married?

Are you a father?

Please give me the answer to these four questions for a start
If my answer would bring solution to the issue at hand - no qualms grin

Is GOD omnipotent?
YES

Yes,He cannot lie and he cannot die.

He is everywhere at the same time.

Are you married?
Yes.I have 3 wives before I left Islam grin

Are you a father?
YES, to the glory of God,7 children grin

Now it is time for you to put the last nail.
I'm waiting.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by e36991: 2:22pm On Oct 20, 2010
kola oloye:

If my answer would bring solution to the issue at hand - no qualms grin

Is GOD omnipotent?
YES

Yes, He cannot lie and he cannot die.

He is everywhere at the same time.

Are you married?
Yes. I have 3 wives before I left Islam grin

Are you a father?
YES, to the glory of God,7 children grin

Now it is time for you to put the last nail.

I'm waiting.

@kola oloye

Thanks for the responses. Very nice and more

Last nail?

Isn't it a bit too early for the coup de grâce at this stage

Where is the binary response to "Is it beyond GOD to be in two places at the same time?"

Where is the Yes or  No in "He is everywhere at the same time."

Please note there are distinctions in:

Would not lie and cannot lie

Would not die and cannot die

"Paadi mi ma bu iyan Oloun kere now" - Literally dont short change GOD, give Him more credit

GOD can do anything.

GOD can sin but wouldnt sin.

GOD can lie but wouldnt lie.

GOD can die, but oops! hey He's already demonstrated that through God the Son, Jesus

For sake of an illustration,

Take Kola Olaoye, Kola Olaoye the father, Kola Olaoye the husband, Kola Olaoye the son etc etc

At least so far, three different personalities. Yeah? Right?

But one Kola Olaoye. Right?

All equal because they all are Kola Olaoye albeit with different authorities/jurisdictions

And this is you, if a mere mortal like you is displaying these. What can we say of GOD . . .

Lets chew on that for now . . .
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:15pm On Oct 20, 2010
nopuqeater:

@Olaadegbu and e36991: « #44 on: Today at 11:26:21 AM »Is there anytime that Mr. Obama, the President is not the husband of Mrs. Michelle Obama who is watching the News at the Private quarters? When the most powerful man on the face of the planet leaves the Oval Office, and do we expect that it was not the father of Malia and young Sasha that is working back home across the Hall? Is there a time that the basketball lover President is divided into more than one person he is? There is no way that we can imagine that.

Same applies to God, then Jesus. God is never out of control that people can humiliate him as they did to Jesus. Jesus cant rise up to the level of God Almighty, for from his lips, we read "Jesus, Your (Lord God Amighty) slave, who You (The Sole Creator) sent.

I can understand why you think so.

nopuqeater:

Jesus is not son of God. You know it just as well as I do. If it makes you happy to lie to lie to yourself, then continue. Among mankind, father and son are not the same. Mother is father's wife. Son is the child of the mother. Who is the consort of God if He has a son?

What do you understand about Mankind?  Maybe I should say humankind, would that be a better word?  Jesus was supernaturally conceived by the Holy Spirit and was born of the Virgin Mary, which is also affirmed in your qur'an (Surah 19:16-21).  However, it does not mean that Jesus was directly God the Father's biological and physical son as walad in arabic, meaning a physical son, instead of the title of relationship, ibin.  Jesus is the Son in a symbolic manner designating that He was God the Word who became man in order to save humankind from its sin.  Jesus was in this sense God's only begotten Son.

nopuqeater:

In an earlier post, Olaadegbu you had mentioned that Jesus was made a quicken spirit, as the second Adam. You wanna withdraw that idea, here, now? You christians always dance here and there as the music of the choir moves you.

"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.  Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.  The first man is of the earth, earthly: the second man is the Lord from heaven" -- I Cor.16:45-47

You can see the contrast made between Jesus Christ and Adam.  While Adam was the first Adam, Jesus was the second (last) Adam; Adam was a living soul, Jesus was a quickening spirit; Adam was natural, Jesus - spiritual; Adam, earthly but Jesus was heavenly; Adam of earth while Jesus is of heaven; Adam was only man but Jesus Christ is both man and God!.  Adam was described as the first Adam, the one who brought sin into the world.  He made it necessary for Jesus, the last Adam, to atone for humankind and then rise from the grave with the promise of complete redemption for fallen man and fallen creation.

nopuqeater:

I guess you are saying here, that God Almighty is like Jesus? A human being, hungry enough to curse a tree of season to wither? Weak enough to be tempted and controlled by Satan? Cries, weeps, yells and blames at the time that the show of strength is more appropriate?

See it like this, the Son of God became the Son of man so as to make man become the sons of God.  Do you understand?

nopuqeater:

I see. Jesus was not human.

Jesus was begotten not created, making Him both God and Man, that is, having both the nature of God and that of man.  Making Him God's sacrifice for all the sin of humankind and therefore a bridge from a holy God to fallen and sinful humans.

nopuqeater:
Man dies. Jesus didnt die. I see.

Check out the Injil, John 3:16.  Even your qur'an states in Surah 3:55 that

"Allah said: O Isa, I am going to terminate [put to death] the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me."

Tell me, what other way could this verse have any meaning other than Jesus' death and resurrection as written in the Injil?

nopuqeater:

Jesus was not man. He was something else. But he was only acting like man. Like the proverbial "if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it is a duck". This does not apply to Jesus, though he said it with his own lips as being son of man, son of his mother and a servant sent by God Almighty. Lets just shelf all of that. They are worthless.

Jesus is the Son of God/Son of Man.  The human divine concept.

nopuqeater:

Though Jesus in all aspects of his being, was just like all the other human messengers and Prophets. We must elevate him so high. He just have to be God, himself. Though he said he is a servant of God.

This is why it will be wise if you standby and learn from the people of the Book if you are to understand the mysteries of God that has been revealed to us.

nopuqeater:

And we know he has human nature.

Absolutely.  His humanity cannot be denied but have you heard of His divinity before He stepped out of eternity?

nopuqeater:

He doesnt. He ate, sleep, tired out, worn out, fatigued, defecated, conned by Satan, etc just like human. Adam being the first and your genealogy of Jesus testifies to this by ending up with Adam, who you people blame so very much.

"Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, He also Himself likewise took part of the same; that through death He might destroy Him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.  For verily He took not on him the nature of angels; but He took on Him the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved Him to be made like to His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconcilliation for the sins of the people.  For in that He Himself has suffered being tempted, He is able to succour them that are tempted.." -- See Hebrews 2:14-18

I wouldn't be surprised if you don't understand what is written above but I expecty kola Oloye to.

nopuqeater:

This is pure lie. there is nothing to proof the above. Jesus himself said he is a servant. Unless he was not telling the truth when he said it, we have to take his word for it and discard others. The Bible and its fighting against itself. My God my God why has thou forsaken me is very powerful argument.

It is either you believe the Injil or not, there are no two ways about it.  My advise to you is to ask your Creator in sincere prayer to show you what is the truth.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:59pm On Oct 20, 2010
kola oloye:

@Olaadegbu

be·get
   /bɪˈgɛt/ Show Spelled[bih-get] Show IPA
–verb (used with object), be·got or ( Archaic ) be·gat; be·got·ten or be·got; be·get·ting.

1.(esp. of a male parent) to procreate or generate (offspring).

2.to cause; produce as an effect: a belief that power begets power.

Thesaurus
Main Entry: beget
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: create, bear
Synonyms: afford, breed, bring, bring about, cause, effect, engender, father, generate, get, give rise to, multiply, occasion, procreate, produce, progenerate, propagate, reproduce, result in, sire
Main Entry: bear
Part of Speech: verb
Definition: give birth
Synonyms: be delivered of, beget, breed, bring forth, create, develop, engender, form, fructify, generate, invent, make, parturitate, produce, propagate, provide, reproduce, yield
Notes: bare is to uncover or reveal or to expose; bear is to hold up, support, transport - or an animal
Antonyms: be unproductive

Jesus cannot be God.It is impossible for God to die.He cannot be killed by what He created.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE up.

Did you read the C.S. Lewis quote?

"To beget is to become the father of: to create is to make. And the difference is this. When you beget, you beget something of the same kind as yourself. A man begets human babies, a beaver begets little beavers, But when you make, you make something of a different kind from yourself. A bird makes a nest, a beaver builds a dam . . . Now that is the first thing to get clear. What God begets is God; just as what man begets is man. What God creates is not God, just as what man makes is not man. That is why men are not Sons of God in the sense that Christ is. They may be like God in certain ways, but they are not things of the same kind."

And my post to nopuqeater, especially the sentence highlighted:

OLAADEGBU:

Jesus was supernaturally conceived by the Holy Spirit and was born of the Virgin Mary, which is also affirmed in your qur'an (Surah 19:16-21). However, it does not mean that Jesus was directly God the Father's biological and physical son as walad in arabic, meaning a physical son, instead of the title of relationship, ibin. Jesus is the Son in a symbolic manner designating that He was God the Word who became man in order to save humankind from its sin. Jesus was in this sense God's only begotten Son.

If you can apply the quotes above to your understanding of John 3:16 you will have a clearer picture of how Jesus is the Son of God.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Enigma(m): 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2010
According to the author of Hebrews God was speaking to and of the Son in Psalm 45:6. And what did God say to/of the Son? God called the Son God!

Hebrews 1:8
But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.

If God the Father thinks and says that the Son is God and so calls Him God, oh boy do I agree with God the Father!

cool
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:12pm On Oct 20, 2010
Enigma:

According to the author of Hebrews God was speaking to and of the Son in Psalm 45:6. And what did God say to/of the Son? God called the Son God!

Hebrews 1:8
If God the Father thinks and says that the Son is God and so calls Him God, oh boy do I agree with God the Father!

cool

I too agree with God the Father that Jesus is God.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Enigma(m): 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2010
Olaadegbu Bros, bonus for you: first posted here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-497445.64.html#msg6792424

One for Olaadegbu; nice piece on the Godhead by Dr Kumuyi

God’s Word teaches:

That the Godhead consists of three separate, distinct, and recognizable personalities and qualities, perfectly united in one. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost are different Persons in the Godhead, not merely three names for one Person (Matthew 3:16,17; Il Corinthians 13:14; Matthew 28:19,20).

also

The Godhead is a great mystery, which is clearly beyond the finite mind of the unsaved, natural man (I Corinthians 2:14). The believer accepts the gospel truth of the Trinity by faith, recognizing that God remains the eternal repository of all mysteries (Deuteronomy 29:29); that with respect to His being or essence, God is one; with respect to His personality. God is three; and the essence must neither be divided nor the persons confused. In spite of the great mystery surrounding it, the doctrine of the Godhead has always proved to be eminently rich in spiritual and practical values. And for all those willing, the Lord Jesus Christ promises the advent of a blissful reign by the Godhead (John 14:23; Revelation 3:20).

From http://www.dclm.org/AboutUs/WhatWeBelieve/TheGodHead/tabid/160/Default.aspx

cool
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by kolaoloye(m): 4:24pm On Oct 20, 2010
PHILIPPIANS 2:9-11

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Enigma(m): 4:30pm On Oct 20, 2010
I am sure that our resident mockers will tell us with EMPHATIC Proof and make it "staggeringly clear" that Isaiah 53 is not referring to Jesus. {From recollection, I think even Joagbaje has doubted Isaiah 53's reference to Jesus} However, the Book of Acts tell us that the apostles, specifically Philip in this case, disagree with them and tell us that Isaiah 53 does in fact refer to Jesus.

Acts 8
26Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, “Go south to the road—the desert road—that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” 27So he started out, and on his way he met an Ethiopiand  eunuch, an important official in charge of all the treasury of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians. This man had gone to Jerusalem to worship, 28and on his way home was sitting in his chariot reading the book of Isaiah the prophet. 29The Spirit told Philip, “Go to that chariot and stay near it.”

30Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. “Do you understand what you are reading?” Philip asked.

31“How can I,” he said, “unless someone explains it to me?” So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

32The eunuch was reading this passage of Scripture:

“He was led like a sheep to the slaughter,

and as a lamb before the shearer is silent,

so he did not open his mouth.

33In his humiliation he was deprived of justice.

Who can speak of his descendants?

For his life was taken from the earth.”e

34[b]The eunuch asked Philip, “Tell me, please, who is the prophet talking about, himself or someone else?” 35Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.[/b]

cool
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:59pm On Oct 20, 2010
Enigma:

Olaadegbu Bros, bonus for you: first posted here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-497445.64.html#msg6792424

One for Olaadegbu; nice piece on the Godhead by Dr Kumuyi

also

From http://www.dclm.org/AboutUs/WhatWeBelieve/TheGodHead/tabid/160/Default.aspx

cool

Thanks for posting the link which explains it all.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:07pm On Oct 20, 2010
kola oloye:

Sorry, I later changed my mind.
There is no amount of downloads that can convince you.
Your mind is already made up just like mine on the issue of 3 gods and God being killed.
Nothing can convince me as long as JOHN 3:16 is still part of the Bible.

My dear,JESUS IS LORD - No controversy.

I too agree with you that Jesus is LORD.  Don't worry, I wouldn't confuse you with the facts because the truth we know will make us free. wink

There is no issue in the Bible of greater importance than the identity of the one who died for us to be our Saviour, and as you agree, He is Jesus Christ.  We must therefore be sure that we are accepting Jesus for who He really is, because if we are not, we are following a false Christ (2 Cor. 11:4,13).  Therefore, let us consider the biblical evidence that Jesus Christ is not only fully man, but also fully God.

Kweshun #3 (Rhetorical):

Is God the Saviour of the world?

Lets see what God says in Isaiah 43:10,11 and what does it say?

"You are my witnesses, says the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that you may know and believe  me, and understand that I am He: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me.  I, even I, am the LORD; and beside Me there is no saviour.,"

If you study this verse objectively (that is, if you are not a JW), you will discover the following pointers:

[list]
[li]There always has been and always will be only one true God.[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]There is no Saviour of the world except for this one true God.[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]Therefore, the Saviour of the world must be the one true God.[/li]
[/list]

This leads to another question:

Is Jesus the Saviour of the world?

I do not think that anyone who has read the New Testament would dispute this.  Even the JW's version of the Bible refers to Jesus as the Saviour: "and of the Saviour of us, Christ Jesus" --Titus 2:13.

Therefore, since:

[list]
[li]The one true God is the only Saviour of the world (Isaiah 43:10,11), and[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]Jesus is the Saviour of the world (Titus 2:13; 2 Peter 1:1),[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]Jesus must therefore be the one true God.[/li]
[/list]

To deny that Jesus is the one true God, one would either have to deny that Jesus is the Saviour, or say that God is lying to us in Isaiah 43:11.  Neither alternative fits with Scripture.

Does Titus 2:13 teach that Jesus is God our Saviour, (and that is if you believe the epistles are the Words of God)?

In Titus 2:13 it states the following:

"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify to Himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works."

Paul is here through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit stating clearly that it is Jesus who is our great God and Saviour. 

QED.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:57pm On Oct 20, 2010
The Trinity in the Old Testament

"Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me."(Isaiah 48:16)

It is significant that biblical Christianity is the only Trinitarian religion--and therefore the only true religion--in the world.  Most religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, etc.) are pantheistic and humanistic, denying the existence of an omnipotent God who created the space/time cosmos.  There are two other major religions, however, that are monotheistic, believing in the God of creation and in the creation record in Genesis--Judaism and Islam.

However, these two fail to understand that the Creator must also be the Redeemer, and therefore they also become humanistic, believing that man must achieve salvation by his own efforts.  Further, they also fail to acknowledge that God's objective work of redemption must be made subjective in each person by the indwelling personal presence of the omnipresent Creator/Redeemer.

All this is beautifully revealed in the New Testament in the doctrine of the triune God--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--one God in three Persons, incomprehensible to human understanding, perhaps, yet very real (see John 15:26; etc.).

This wonderful revelation of the Godhead was foreshadowed in the very beginning--the Father creating; the Spirit moving; the Son speaking (Genesis 1:1-3).  In our text above, again it is the Son (as the living Word of God) prophesying about His coming mission of redemption, saying that "the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me."

Then, when He had finished His work and could return to the Father, He promised the coming of "the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name," and that He would "abide with you for ever" (John 14:26, 16). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:45pm On Oct 20, 2010
aletheia:

The highlighted above is where your problem lies: you left Islam but unfortunately some of the thought patterns and worldview of Islam still cling to you. If I removed Kola Oloye and substituted nopuqeater in the above quote; we wouldn't be able to tell the difference. My prayer is that the glorious light of the gospel of Jesus will remove these remaining cobwebs.

Again understand this: Jesus is the exact representation, the express image of the Invisible God:

Col 1:15-19. Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

John 1:18. No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 14:8-9. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Hebrews 1:3. Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Now notice how Jesus is described in exactly the same terms as God.

1. For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers:
Genesis 1:1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Hebrews 11:3. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
John 1:1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

2. all things were created by him, and for him:
Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

This is a critical matter and goes to the heart of what it means to confess Jesus Christ.

1 John 4:2-3. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
^^
Lay aside your preconceived notions and let the scriptures speak! What does this phrase: Jesus Christ is come in the flesh mean? What does it imply? Here is what the scriptures say:
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
But we know from verse 1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
So when we confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh: we confess that God became flesh. This is the point on which Islam and Judaism and other false religions stumble. They all acknowledge Jesus as a Teacher, a Prophet, a Good Man but Jesus as God. . .somehow sticks in their craw because of the spirit of antichrist in them.

Indeed it is a mystery (something hidden) which God Himself has revealed and faith means believing what God has revealed not trying to rationalize it from a human perspective. But this mystery is declared in emphatic terms in the Bible.

The Old Testament foreshadows it:
Hebrews 1:8. But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Isaiah 9:6. For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Micah 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. (BTW: compare Ps 90:2. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.)

The New Testament proclaims it:
1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

May our Father in heaven grant you grace as you meditate on these.

You made good points there, I hope kola oloye would consider those good posers you raised there.  Let me share my observation on one of them.

"But thou, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting" (Micah 5:2).

We can see here that Jesus would not just come from Bethlehem, but that He preexisted from eternity past.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by e36991: 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2010
OLAADEGBU:

My contention about the POTUS' analogy was that it gives those who struggle with the doctrine of trinity a reason to doubt it. 

I know that you and Davidylan believes that God is One Person manifesting in three different capacities

but this is different from what I understand about the Godhead, which is three Personalities sharing the same essence. 

That the Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Holy Spirit but they are all One God.

e36991:

@OLAADEGBU

True about the three Personalities sharing the same essence. I agree with that . . .

Those three Personalities are what have been revealed to us up until now. There could be more to GOD that this. we dont know for sure . . .

In order to give this its due justice I need to Brb to continue later . . .

@OLAADEGBU

Am beginning to sound like a broken record,

for the 3rd time, the POTUS was a crude and constricting parallel

Insteading of making assumptions, why dont you query the raised points of view

On the contrary I dont subscribe to "the Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Holy Spirit but they are all One God"

Here are some posers: What came first:

1) God
2) God the Father
3) God the Son
4) God the Holy Spirit

I would say, GOD?

In a like manner what came first

1) Kola Olaoye
2) Kola Olaoye the husband
3) Kola Olaoye the father

I would say, Kola Olaoye?

Kola Olaoye=the husband=the father=Kola Olaoye isnt it?

Kola Olaoye the husband had always been in Kola Olaoye

Kola Olaoye the father had always been in Kola Olaoye

Likewise

GOD=God the Father=God the Son=God the Holy Spirit=GOD

God the Father had always been in God and vice versa

God the Son had always been in God and vice versa

God the Holy Spirit had always been in God and vice versa

Holy Spirit? Oh! Holy = Complete; the whole Spirit

Do we know which Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters?

Was it the the Spirit of wisdom and understanding, the Spirit of counsel and might, the Spirit of knowledge etc etc?

Moving swiftly on. Now question, if God is Spirit

1) How without usurping, can God legally operate on earth?

2) What is the criteria that permits God to exist or live legally on earth?

3) What status must God have or does God need to legally gain entry on earth?

Answers to the above will likely shed some light on or reveal some of the Evidence Of The Deity Of Christ and the relevance of God the Son
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by JeSoul(f): 9:16pm On Oct 20, 2010
e36991,
how body my brother? longest of long times. You have been missed oh kiss. Hope all is well with you dear.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by e36991: 9:35pm On Oct 20, 2010
JeSoul:

e36991,

how body my brother? longest of long times.

You have been missed oh  kiss. Hope all is well with you dear.

@JeSoul

My NL most fav sis'

All is well. The LORD is good and ever Faithful

Ah you know how we do it.

I was with you recently albeit in thoughts

Besides that I've always stayed in touch.

Dont tell me you havent been reading the ocasional mails I drop in your inbox

Or have my mails been relegated and auto-filtered to the spam folder? grin

On a serious note. We need to find time to catch up on things generally

Love always but hey remember God loves you more

Thanks for the shout out . . .

PS: Am working on some mixes. Will touch base with you when its done and dusted
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by aletheia(m): 2:31am On Oct 21, 2010
kola oloye:

PHILIPPIANS 2:9-11

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Again and again, you post the truth. . .yet reject it! You do realize highest means there is none higher?

1. Who is it that sits in the highest place?
2. Is anyone higher than God?
3. Whose name is above every name?

Psalm 97:9 For thou, LORD, art high above all the earth: thou art exalted far above all gods.
Psalm 83:18 declares "[t]hat men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth." So if Jesus is exalted to the highest place, is He higher than Jehovah or is He in fact Jehovah as He emphatically declared here:
John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. (cf. Exo 3:14 And God said unto Moses, [/u]I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, [u]I AM hath sent me unto you.)

The irony of this situation is that the Jews who didn't believe in Jesus clearly understood His assertion but you who claims to follow Jesus do dispute it.
John 10:30, 33. I and my Father are one. . .The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

I hope you understand that the NT describes Jesus using exactly the same titles as God is described in the OT: when you say Jesus is Lord, you are in essence saying Jesus is God for in the Judaeo-Christian worldview Lord is synonymous with God.

I believe that the book of Revelation fully reveals the Deity of Jesus for us for in its pages we catch a glimpse of the glory He had with the Father before the world was. . .just as its opening lines are "the Revelation of Jesus Christ"

Revelation 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Revelation 21:22-23. And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

P.S. Concerning your earlier premise that Jesus did not write the book of Revelation:
Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
^These are among the last verses in the book of Revelation!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Rev Esther Prays For God To Touch Prophet Israel Genesis' Heart / Arresting Apostle Johnson Suleman Will Create Problems For Buhari – Group Warns / Prophet Tommy Yisa Aika Wants N750k To Pray For Super Eagles To Win World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 244
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.