Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,817 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

University Education For Jehovah's Witnesses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / University Education For Jehovah's Witnesses (610 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Question For Jehovah Witness, Why The Name? / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

University Education For Jehovah's Witnesses by rottennaija(m): 12:13am On Jul 23, 2019
If I'm studying for a university degree and I start to study the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses, will they eventually suggest that I should drop out?

Mark Jones, Ex-Jehovah's Witness of 31 years
Answered Apr 11, 2019

If you’re just studying with them then probably not. They’d shy away from revealing this side of their beliefs to you this early. You need to be indoctrinated further before they can introduce the more bizarre doctrine to you.

If you intend to get baptized – then they’d [b]heavily pressure you to drop out. But not outright tell you to. This is [/b]because they want you to think it’s your own idea to drop out. The literature likes to slander University students as people who are proud and looking to make a name for themselves or only studying in order to become rich.

“What effect did higher education have on this sister’s thinking? She answers: “I am ashamed to admit that the education I pursued taught me to be critical of others, especially my brothers and sisters, to expect too much of them, and to isolate myself from them. It took me a long time to unlearn these lessons. That time in my life showed me just how dangerous it is to ignore the warnings given by our heavenly Father through his organization. Jehovah knew me better than I knew myself. If only I had listened!”” Watchtower 2019 Jun p.7

“Rather than being content with “sustenance and covering,” those who devote themselves to getting a “higher education” usually want to be able to enjoy “the rest of the things” that money can buy.” Watchtower 1967 Feb 1 p.76

“Higher education: Jesus warned against ‘seeking your own glory.’” Watchtower 2011 Jun 15 p.32

There’s a woman in my last congregation who converted only 5 years ago. She was in her final year of her medicine degree when the Witnesses appeared with their carts outside her University. She dropped out, got baptized and now works part time as a cleaner so she can spend 70+ hours a month door knocking for the cult.

And she’s hailed as a success story in the religion!

This Watchtower article in particular gives a whole plethora of reasons why one shouldn't go to University: Second Thoughts About a College Education

Here’s some of the pressure I’m referring to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMG0lc_6NiI

Jehovah’s Witnesses on here will tell you that there are University graduates in their religion. What they wont tell you is, their parents faces great pressure from the religion why they send their children to school, that must are dropped from their position as elders, ministerial servants or any positions they may have a had.

Source: https://www.quora.com/If-Im-studying-for-a-university-degree-and-I-start-to-study-the-Bible-with-Jehovahs-Witnesses-will-they-eventually-suggest-that-I-should-drop-out
Re: University Education For Jehovah's Witnesses by cenaman(m): 12:30am On Jul 23, 2019
Is these news?

(1) (Reply)

Nobraday! See How Man With Big Breast Is Dancing In Church Today. VIDEO / Freeze, You're So Wrong! Satan Is The All-Time Record Holder Of Humans Killed / A Brazilian Church Uses Tithes To Build Houses For The Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.