Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

No One Will Go Away With Corruption Under My Watch- Magu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No One Will Go Away With Corruption Under My Watch- Magu (248 Views)

We Experienced The Worst Form Of Corruption Under Buhari - Bishop Kukah / Politicians With Corruption Cases Who Joined APC To Escape Prosecution / 2019: PDP Presidential Aspirants With Corruption Allegations - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No One Will Go Away With Corruption Under My Watch- Magu by auntysimbiat(f): 2:46pm On Jul 23, 2019
[img]http://1.bp..com/-oMLcAmufNmE/XTcPXnmfd6I/AAAAAAAAudw/8R4JNb-89qwW0PHQDArYNnDDN821-k4IwCLcBGAs/s640/capture-20190723-144359.png[/img]
The Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ibrahim Magu has said that perpetrators of any form of corruption, regardless of religion, tribe or political affiliations will not go unpunished.

Magu stated this on July 23, 2019 during a current affairs programme, the “Morning Show”, on Kwara State Television Authority in Ilorin, the state capital. .

Magu who was represented by Isyaku Sharu, Head, EFCC Kwara Zonal Office said: “The fight against corruption is not about religion, it is not about your tribe, it is not about political parties, it is for the interest of all Nigerians and for the future of our great country.

He said, “When corruption strives, foreign investors will run away, no country will come and do business with you; as we speak now, Nigeria is no longer on the blacklist of corrupt countries, because of the intervention of the EFCC.

“Why we are able to achieve this is because there is no interference by anyone in the activities and operations of the Commission.”

He further used the medium to appreciate the people of the state for their support of the EFCC’s efforts to fight corruption.

“I want to thank the good people of Kwara State, for sharing information with us.

“We have a large number of properties that are lined up for final forfeiture.

“There are civil servants in Kwara State that are not receiving more than N90,000 in a month, but they have billions of naira in their bank accounts, this calls for investigation", he added.

He also appealed for more support, especially in tackling the menace of internet fraud.

“When we came on board, we arrested many internet fraudsters across the 16 Local Government Areas of Kwara State, and as at today, we have secured 19 convictions in this regards,” he said, and urged the citizens to engage in sensitisation and public awareness geared towards value reorientation.
cc lalasticlala seun

SOURCE: https://onlinereviewng.com/blog/2019/07/23/no-one-will-go-away-with-corruption-under-my-watch-magu/
Re: No One Will Go Away With Corruption Under My Watch- Magu by EdiAbali: 2:50pm On Jul 23, 2019
Is he saying he will arrest Buhari?
Re: No One Will Go Away With Corruption Under My Watch- Magu by yaki84: 2:52pm On Jul 23, 2019
Does he even knw the meaning of corruption?
Does he think corruption is when u r in pdp or a naira marley n his likes?
Tell this empty fool to keep shut.
Re: No One Will Go Away With Corruption Under My Watch- Magu by thesicilian: 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2019
Be there watching the corruption while your counterparts in other countries are arresting and prosecuting on a daily basis.
Re: No One Will Go Away With Corruption Under My Watch- Magu by Kingpee2(m): 3:15pm On Jul 23, 2019
Jesus came to save the world yet he was killed,brother Magu I pity your life ,they won’t kidnap or shoot you ,all they need is your face in their mirror and you are gone..

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Petition Against Buhari Election. How Far? / What Are The Act You Find Some Nigerians Into That Made You SMH For The Country. / Kidnapped Survivor: Igbo-german & Toto Resident Kidnapped By Herdsmen Shares The

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.