Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,289 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

World Oldest Man Dies At The Age Of 123 Years. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Oldest Man Dies At The Age Of 123 Years. (703 Views)

FG Uncovers 123 Companies, 96 Boko Haram, ISWAP Financiers / FG Disburses ₦123.348bn Grants To States. Bayelsa, Imo, Rivers, Zamfara Get Zero / Contractors Successfully Completed 123 Km Of 156 Km Lagos-ibadan Rail Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Oldest Man Dies At The Age Of 123 Years. by Odinceblog1: 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2019
Appaz Iliev, who had eight children, 35 grandchildren and 34 great-grandchildren, previously said the secret to his long life was going to bed at 7pm and getting 11 hours sleep a night.

The “loving old man” from Russia also attributed his longevity to avoiding alcohol, smoking and medication.

Paying tribute, official Yunus-Bek Evkurov, said: “Our long living man, the eldest citizen of Russia, Appaz Iliev has died at the age of 123.

“Appaz lived through epochs and generations, raising eight children.

“He had 35 grandchildren, 34 great-grandchildren and several great-great-grandchildren.

“He remained a kind and loving old man who loved this life.

“I know this myself because I met him several times.”

Appaz went to work aged seven as a shepherd, and fought for the Red Army in the Russian Civil War 1917-22, it is claimed.

But at the age of 45 he was deemed too old to fight in the Second World War and instead became a tractor driver.

In 1944 he was deported by Stalin along with other ethnic Ingush people to Kazakstan where he lived in abject poverty in internal exile.

If his age was correct – and his birth records do not survive – he would have been older than than the officially verified longest-living man – Jiroemon Kimura (1897–2013) of Japan – who died at 116 years, 54 days.

Apaz shunned television and never smoked or drank alcohol, and kept away from doctors and medication as much as possible although at the age of 121 he...
CONTINUE READING: https://odinceblog.com/world-oldest-man-dies-at-the-age-of-123-years/

Re: World Oldest Man Dies At The Age Of 123 Years. by dollytino4real(f): 9:05pm On Jul 23, 2019
wat did he left behind 4 the great grand children
Re: World Oldest Man Dies At The Age Of 123 Years. by Natoski5(m): 9:33pm On Jul 23, 2019
Wow....123 years old?? Nowadays if person reach 80year na to tank God ooo
Re: World Oldest Man Dies At The Age Of 123 Years. by kalufelix(m): 10:38pm On Jul 23, 2019
If I can't have a hard-on at such age what's the essence undecided

Abeg early to bed early to reincarnate makes a man wealthy and strong..

(1) (Reply)

Akinloye Oyebanji Is Dead! / Sen Abbo:Ex Gov Rauf Forfeited His Salary To Support My Aspiration As Chairman / Two Heavy Trucks Sank On The Road One After The Other In Orogun, Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.