Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,720 members, 7,865,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 07:11 AM

British Man Living In New York, Kills Wife, 12-year-old Daughter And Himself - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / British Man Living In New York, Kills Wife, 12-year-old Daughter And Himself (659 Views)

Olasunkanmi Esho Kills Wife & Daughter, Commits Suicide In The US / Man Kills Wife In Lagos, Shaves Her Hairs, Dumps Her Body In Water (Graphic Pic) / Zambian Man Kills Wife's Lover On Their Bed & Shows Up At Police Station (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Man Living In New York, Kills Wife, 12-year-old Daughter And Himself by GistReport: 4:12am On Jul 24, 2019
Steven Jones, a British ex-pat living in New York reportedly killed his American wife and 12-year-old daughter before turning the gun on himself.

The 46-year-old British man had a day before the double murder-suicide incident, sent an email to a family friend of more than 40 years, Kenneth Petch, apologizing for creating 'such chaos'. He also asked for the email to be relayed to his parents, Roy and Rita.

It read: "Hi mum and dad, this is Steve. I do this to protect Emma. It's taken me 18 years, but I realise that I have wandered down the wrong path with the wrong person and that I have been manipulated for too long.

"I cannot bear the thought of this happening to a special 12-year-old, and if I don't intervene, she will be left to the wolves all alone.

"You were wonderful parents, none of this is your fault or could have been prevented. I'm sorry to produce such chaos, but hopefully, there are good memories too.

"I remember many happy times during our visits. You always made us feel welcome and loved. Please focus on the good times, there were truly many good times.

"I do this to protect Emma. Love Steve."

The electrical engineer was found dead a day after on December 14, 2018, with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest. Steven's corpse was found, after New York Police officers carried out a welfare check at his family address in Ballston Spa, following his employers, GlobalFoundries' concern that he had not turned up for work. His wife, Jennifer, and their daughter Emma were both discovered dead in separate upstairs bedrooms, with multiple gunshot wounds.

Though Jones's parents told an inquest that their son was a "family man" and they were not aware of him going through any "financial, health or marital difficulties", investigators reached the conclusion that the 46-year-old man had murdered his family members before turning the gun on himself as there were no "suspicious circumstances" surrounding his death.

It was further learnt that parents of the deceased received a Christmas card, calendar and selection of five photos of Jones' family looking happy together, a few days after news of the deaths was broken to them. The items were post stamped December 12.

See more photos here; http://gistmore.com/british-man-living-in-new-york-kills-wife-12-year-old-daughter-and-himself

Re: British Man Living In New York, Kills Wife, 12-year-old Daughter And Himself by GistReport: 4:16am On Jul 24, 2019

Re: British Man Living In New York, Kills Wife, 12-year-old Daughter And Himself by buklarbest: 4:28am On Jul 24, 2019
Na weyrey be this man o,anyway RIP
Re: British Man Living In New York, Kills Wife, 12-year-old Daughter And Himself by Glorylynn: 4:36am On Jul 24, 2019
Eyah
Re: British Man Living In New York, Kills Wife, 12-year-old Daughter And Himself by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:37am On Jul 24, 2019
Inside dis life sef!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: British Man Living In New York, Kills Wife, 12-year-old Daughter And Himself by EkperemoEgbabi: 4:40am On Jul 24, 2019
post=80571482:
Inside dis life sef!

1st to wake up on nairaland. Oga na 24hrs u dey spend on nairaland? Your last post na 2.18am in d morning and your 1st post na 4 08am. Haba

1 Like

Re: British Man Living In New York, Kills Wife, 12-year-old Daughter And Himself by saheedbadmus(m): 4:57am On Jul 24, 2019
Serious... on God knows what Really went wrong .. but killing them and ur self ain't the solution.. but my mind dey tell me say na infidelity issue cause dis
Re: British Man Living In New York, Kills Wife, 12-year-old Daughter And Himself by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:26am On Jul 24, 2019
Wondered what the family will be going through now.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: British Man Living In New York, Kills Wife, 12-year-old Daughter And Himself by PrincessB1(f): 5:32am On Jul 24, 2019
Nawa oh
Re: British Man Living In New York, Kills Wife, 12-year-old Daughter And Himself by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 24, 2019
EkperemoEgbabi:

1st to wake up on nairaland. Oga na 24hrs u dey spend on nairaland? Your last post na 2.18am in d morning and your 1st post na 4 08am. Haba
how her sleep dey take affect ur life. u wan sleep wit am?
monitoring spirits everywhere.
see as him head b.
Nairaland time keeper.u neva get work.
Take am----

1 Like

Re: British Man Living In New York, Kills Wife, 12-year-old Daughter And Himself by Nick897(m): 7:02am On Jul 24, 2019
I like your pictures. i like your cheer up for Christmas. How to decorate Christmas tre
Re: British Man Living In New York, Kills Wife, 12-year-old Daughter And Himself by chiommy123(f): 7:12am On Jul 24, 2019
He bottled up so many things. Pls if you're going through anything find someone reliable and share with the person cos a problem shared is half solved
Re: British Man Living In New York, Kills Wife, 12-year-old Daughter And Himself by GistMore7: 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2019
Lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

FBI; U.S. Arrests Celebrated Nigerian Entrepreneur for Fraud / Smugglers Abandons Bikes And Bags Of Rice In The Bush After Spotting Custom / EFCC Seals Osun Club Where Alleged 94 Internet Fraudsters Were Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.