Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,073 members, 7,859,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:56 PM

Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest (749 Views)

Man Who Was Shot During The Abeokuta Protest Is Alive (Photos) / Man's Leg Damaged After Being Shot During Retaliatory Attack By Gunmen. Graphic / Man Shot During Distribution Of Token By World Food Programme In Yobe (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by GistGoViral: 8:03am On Jul 24, 2019
A youth Corps member serving with the Leadership Newspaper in Abuja, was hit by a stray bullet on his chest during the Shi'ites and Police clash in Abuja on Monday July 22nd.

According to the media house, Aliyu who works with its Hausa section, was on his way home when the bloody protest started. A stray bullet hit him on the chest. Thankfully he was rushed to the National Hospital Abuja where he is recuperating.

Narrating how it happened, Aliyu said

‘’I was on my way home in a taxi after close of work when I got hit by a stray bullet which brushed through my chest.I did not even know that I was shot until I started feeling heavy on my chest. Then I was rushed to the hospital, ’’ Aliyu told the newspaper.

A fellow journalist and Youth corper, Precious Owolabi who was serving at Channels TV, was however not lucky. He died after he sustained gunshot injuries in his stomach.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/corps-member-serving-at-leadership-newspaper-shot-during-shiites-protest

Re: Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by GistGoViral: 8:05am On Jul 24, 2019
smiley
Re: Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by EkunKekere: 8:07am On Jul 24, 2019
Finally a stray bullet hits a deserved target.

Modified: Let MOOSLIMES pay the price for the shortcomings and inadequacies of the joke they call a religion.

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by Davash222(m): 8:11am On Jul 24, 2019
EkunKekere:
You need mental evaluation!!

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by Oche211(m): 8:36am On Jul 24, 2019
EkunKekere:
you are not well....
All this madness and disgrace to your family would have been prevented if your father had practice withdrawal method which atleast is free.
Re: Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by iamapplord(m): 10:49am On Jul 24, 2019
EkunKekere:

I feel you jare...after this guy na you

Nothing MEGA...we NAIRALANDERS support your DEATH

#ODE

Re: Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by Beremx(f): 10:50am On Jul 24, 2019
Thank God he survived it. Youth Corp members are now endangered species, Sacrificing their lives for this useless country where no one will remember them while they are gone.

I still insist Channels TV should be held responsible for the death of Precious Owolabi. angry angry

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 24, 2019
Spray bullets are more lethal.
Re: Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by FatherBona: 10:51am On Jul 24, 2019
Oche211:

you are not well....
All this madness and disgrace to your family would have been prevented if your father had practice withdrawal method which atleast is free.
shebi i dey talk am
The dad was so drunk he forgot to take a condom with him on one of his many visits to the brothel.

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by gsegun43: 10:53am On Jul 24, 2019
Again.

This will continue to happen since we have irresponsible govenment controlled by irresponsibly stupid ediots.
Re: Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by aanuoluwami14(f): 11:09am On Jul 24, 2019
cry Thank God he is alive. Ha! Parents should continue praying for their children, also warn them about where to go on official assignments
Re: Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by Lamasta(m): 12:40pm On Jul 24, 2019
Ok
Re: Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by Abbeyme: 12:40pm On Jul 24, 2019
Adieu.

Corper Chon
Re: Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by Lamasta(m): 12:40pm On Jul 24, 2019
EkunKekere:
Thunder how far where you dey
Re: Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by money121(m): 12:42pm On Jul 24, 2019
Ok
Re: Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by gift01: 12:45pm On Jul 24, 2019
Just give them bullet proof beats next time you sending them to cover such dangerous events
Re: Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by DIKEnaWAR: 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2019
I saw one man in the management position of Channels television on BBC saying that the late Precious Owolabi was not sent to cover the Shi'ite protest, from where he met his untimely death. He also said the young man was not in the line of fire; that he was just caught by a stray bullet. What balderdash! What an insult to the memory of the young man and his family!

Channels TV sent a rookie into the line of fire, same way leadership newspapers sent this particular chap. They all should own up, condole the families, show remorse and make sure the necessary protective gears and measures are taken before venturing into such ventures.

We know these media outfits don't pay their staff well. They tell them to hustle for their pay. Reason why "brown envelope" journalism have taken over. Same reason people that want to respect themselves don't do the job. Same reason they look for rookies who can accept any and every working conditions and send them in the field to meet their fate and maker.

Buhari and the outfits they work for are vicariously liable for their deaths and injuries. We have to place the blame squarely where it is and seek means to a solution.
Re: Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by Bbbwings: 12:49pm On Jul 24, 2019
M

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by Charleys: 12:53pm On Jul 24, 2019
Everyone wants to cash out on this Shiite matter.

It shall not be well with them. Forming shot just to get money for treatment.
Re: Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by FarahAideed: 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2019
If you do ballistics forensics you will find out they were all shot by our reckless police
Re: Corps Member Serving At Leadership Newspaper Shot During Shi'ites Protest by TANID(m): 1:06pm On Jul 24, 2019
Already At Front Page And You Closed It I Dunn Understand grin

(1) (Reply)

Video : Nigerians Attack And Loot Shoprite In Sangotedo Lekki / FBI Burst Another Multi Million Dollar BEC Scam Syndicate. / Girl Turns To Snake In Her Boyfriends Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.