Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,138 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde (14767 Views)

Wike Campaigns For Makinde, Says Relationship With APC Has Ended / G-5 Governors Storm Oyo For Makinde’s Re-Election (Photos, Video) / Wike Dances As G5 Governors Arrive Oyo For Makinde's Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by Difrent: 9:57am On Jul 24, 2019
Ventura1:

How long does it take to reason properly? Do you think everyone will be like Pres. Buhari that take forever to choose Ministers and ended up selecting rubbish.

You guys have not even sent any commissioner list and you are here condemning someone who has sent in a list aren't you ashamed? Ode

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by drey076(m): 9:57am On Jul 24, 2019
another government will still come and borrow loan and on and on like that without planning on how to service the existing debt until the whole country run into bankruptcy

1 Like

Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by OyiboOyibo(m): 9:58am On Jul 24, 2019
ayusco85:
Is this not the billionaire governor? Why couldn't he borrow the state some of his billions

Keep lamenting
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by iammo(m): 9:58am On Jul 24, 2019
SAMTOBIJU:
You are saying Nonsense. So, he will use his personal money to run the state Abi. When Ajimobi was leaving, how much did he leave in the government purse. Mr Man, go and eat, it seems you are hungry. Progressive my foot...

So all his noise.about blocking.loopholes and devicing his so.called "creative plans to boost IGR" was a phony promise.. oyo monthly allocation is 5 bn , wage bill is 4.9bn yet he cancelled other igr streams like school levy, and want to borrow a huge 10bn from UBA of all banks with their over 20% intrest rate

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by Shezkid01(m): 9:59am On Jul 24, 2019
O.Y.O oo
Almost every state in this country dey borrow..
Well all I know is that 20% of the loan is meant to settle godfathers and his party
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by Sinach0191(m): 10:00am On Jul 24, 2019
Na small small e dey start
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by Kissmayor(m): 10:02am On Jul 24, 2019
My honourable amiable one and only govenor oyo ever had. Im proud of you makon GOD be with you able man and lead you to unforgetable sucess history. Ur haters always keep behind. My noble man nd honourary mentor %100
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by Wasky101: 10:03am On Jul 24, 2019
Difrent:
Rubber stamp legislature.... Approve loan within minutes of being read without any explanation on the purpose of the loan........ I thought this man promised to do things differently, is this how he intends to govern the state into debts? Where are all the innovation he promised to introduce to improve the states finances?....when those who knows are telling him to promise little they were called enemies, they said Oyo state has money, Ajimobi was just being wicked and not spending the mooney now their eyes have opened to the reality.
If you expect anything positive from a Nigerian politician nah OYO be your name.
Nigerian politics will change you no matter how much integrity you have.
I think we have to change our electioneering process so that the elected officials are not so much indebted to repaying favours, but how do you do that isn't that what democracy is all about
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by Difrent: 10:05am On Jul 24, 2019
berbs:
Abeg! What exactly is the 10billion meant for

Help me ask his defenders on this thread.....

My opinion: to pay up some of the debts he incurred in the run up to elections, settle the Pdp guys that have been in hunger for the past 8 years and use the rest for some inconsequential projects without any value to the people of the state.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by samdaisi: 10:06am On Jul 24, 2019
let our billionaire successful business oil mogul start laying good example now for other people to emulate, does it make senses for a somebody that has 50billion to start borrowing money from bank while not borrowing from his own bank
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by Ambber(f): 10:10am On Jul 24, 2019
ayusco85:
Is this not the billionaire governor? Why couldn't he borrow the state some of his billions

His wealth is not in liquid cash but tied to his assets (asset valuation)
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by sammhi(m): 10:13am On Jul 24, 2019
Difrent:
Rubber stamp legislature.... Approve loan within minutes of being read without any explanation on the purpose of the loan........ I thought this man promised to do things differently, is this how he intends to govern the state into debts? Where are all the innovation he promised to introduce to improve the states finances?....when those who knows are telling him to promise little they were called enemies, they said Oyo state has money, Ajimobi was just being wicked and not spending the money now their eyes have opened to the reality.
Obviously you are dumb very dumb
He took the loan for infrastructure development. ....roads, etc
Loans itself is not bad but what it is used for or how it is used is most important.
The man just started ,...give him some space like a year and then assess him .
You want development but don't want to borrow ..so how will it come ? Even banks borrow from each other and from CBN . You are so ignorant .
Makinde says he wants to revamp the Ranches built by Awo in the 70s. He wants to construct Ibarapa roads etc .. he wants to invest in education
10bn is even small but is a way to start....
What should concern you is to ensure the money is used for what it is agreed on .stop displaying crash ignorance in public

1 Like

Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by sammhi(m): 10:15am On Jul 24, 2019
samdaisi:
let our billionaire successful business oil mogul start laying good example now for other people to emulate, does it make senses for a somebody that has 50billion to start borrowing money from bank while not borrowing from his own bank
You are just an ignoramus ...he should take his own money to fix the state ..that's against the law ...op U know

1 Like

Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by Hoodbilonia: 10:19am On Jul 24, 2019
10billion loan
My God
Oyo is doomed
God knows why its called OYO state
Hahahahahaha
Abeg mista governor abeg add more debts pls
White witch
Black witch
Winch na winch
Abegi
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by Bisimuyiwa(m): 10:22am On Jul 24, 2019
Ventura1:

How long does it take to reason properly? Do you think everyone will be like Pres. Buhari that take forever to choose Ministers and ended up selecting rubbish.

Any correlation between your ponit and the one you quoted?
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by tigerclaws: 10:27am On Jul 24, 2019
[s]
Bolustical:
I hope we all know that this debt will be added to national debt when NBS/DMO releases the stats on debt.

So before you start shouting on his indebted Nigeria is under Buhari, please check how much your state(s) contributed to it.
[/s]
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by tigerclaws: 10:28am On Jul 24, 2019
[s]
Bolustical:
The loan is not what matters, it's if it will be judiciously used for its purpose.

Unfortunately, the legislature will not be able to question the governor on how it was used since they are all his boys.

Truly, we need to work more on the independence of the state legislature.
[/s]
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by samdaisi: 10:37am On Jul 24, 2019
sammhi:

You are just an ignoramus ...he should take his own money to fix the state ..that's against the law ...op U know

please let your brother learn from their colleagues Otedola and Dangote how they are contributing their quota toward the growth of their community without borrowing money from bank,
A somebody that worth 50 billion of naira can single handedly venture into commercial bank
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by keneck1: 10:41am On Jul 24, 2019
Ventura1:

Selected rubbish indeed,probably the good ones are in Atiku's server.
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by SillyMods: 10:43am On Jul 24, 2019
Ventura1:

And where are the ministers of Seyi Makinde that you're defending?.

It doesn't really take long to reason out your level of intelligence.
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by SoNature(m): 10:45am On Jul 24, 2019
iammo:
grin

Makinde just entered.oo, PDP are irredeemable liars,. This guy openly said Ajimobi was not doing much and Oyo state is very rich only that tinibu's alphabeta steals everything...

Now before even preparing a proper budget of his own, he wants to borrow 10bn from uba at an intrest rate of over 20% without telling us what its for,

This is my problem.with an engineer handling finacial administration... that was how Aregbe borrowed 1000% higher than his state income and intrest rate started mutiplying the loan astronomically

Oga was cancelling all Goverment Revenue stream to form Mr charity, common school levy of 1000 per.term, oga.cancelled. he even brought Auxiliary back to the state... same NURTW boss arrested in connection to crime

Rochas said all that in his time.

The loquacious Humpty Dumpty told Imo people that the state was the richest in Nigeria.

We all know the story today.

Our problem is not the party, it is the people.
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by follock007(m): 10:49am On Jul 24, 2019
please tell him to give out the change after spending the 10 million to his dog
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by Tobinrobin(m): 10:50am On Jul 24, 2019
And so it begins. The ‘borrowing’ begins
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by wakes: 11:00am On Jul 24, 2019
We cannot keep complaining about the financial mess in which we have found ourselves, because governance is a continuum
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by Difrent: 11:02am On Jul 24, 2019
sammhi:

Obviously you are dumb very dumb
He took the loan for infrastructure development. ....roads, etc
Loans itself is not bad but what it is used for or how it is used is most important.
The man just started ,...give him some space like a year and then assess him .
You want development but don't want to borrow ..so how will it come ? Even banks borrow from each other and from CBN . You are so ignorant .
Makinde says he wants to revamp the Ranches built by Awo in the 70s. He wants to construct Ibarapa roads etc .. he wants to invest in education
10bn is even small but is a way to start....
What should concern you is to ensure the money is used for what it is agreed on .stop displaying crash ignorance in public

You are a very foolish man and an idiot. Read my post again and stop being ignorant, I never said loans are bad or he shouldn't have taken it.....world best practices is to attach the projects to the loan, not just vague infrastructure,
I also pointed out that he never mentioned loan in his campaign, he kept telling everyone there is wastages in government which he will block , Ajimobi is wicked that's why he was not paying salaries and he will introduce measures to boost the state IGR , no mention of loan.... Only for him to get there and his first official letter to the house was to ask for loan which was rubber stamped and you are here telling me rubbish, thunder faya you there

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by sammhi(m): 11:20am On Jul 24, 2019
samdaisi:

please let your brother learn from their colleagues Otedola and Dangote how they are contributing their quota toward the growth of their community without borrowing money from bank,
A somebody that worth 50 billion of naira can single handedly venture into commercial bank
What !!
So you think Otedola and Dangote are debt free ?
He should open bank because he is worth 50bn ! And borrow the state.. obviously U didn't go to school
So which bank Otedola own ? Or Dangote
Your mumu is out of this world
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by sammhi(m): 11:25am On Jul 24, 2019
Difrent:

You are a very foolish man and an idiot. Read my post again and stop being ignorant, I never said loans are bad or he shouldn't have taken it.....world best practices is to attach the projects to the loan, not just vague infrastructure,
I also pointed out that he never mentioned loan in his campaign, he kept telling everyone there is wastages in government which he will block , Ajimobi is wicked that's why he was not paying salaries and he will introduce measures to boost the state IGR , no mention of loan.... Only for him to get there and his first official letter to the house was to ask for loan which was rubber stamped and you are here telling me rubbish, thunder faya you there
The thunder will kill you for your obvious stupidity
He should tell you during campaign he will take loan
Go back to school ans return the certificate they gave you
So because he would block leakages , it means within 2 months he would have money to fix the problems
Obviously you don't even know what infrastructure means and bereft of any idea in governance. I wont even waste my time on such imbeciles like you .
Argue with your keyboard and your stupidity
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by Damod88: 11:26am On Jul 24, 2019
SoNature:

Rochas said all that in his time.

The loquacious Humpty Dumpty told Imo people that the state was the richest in Nigeria.

We all know the story today.

Our problem is not the party, it is the people.

They always say that because they know that majority of Nigerian voters are of low IQ people. What an average Nigerian voter understands that statement to mean is that the prospective governor will start to dole out money once he is elected.politicians will be deceiving Nigerians that their country is rich whereas in reality Nigeria is one of the poorest. For Nigeria to be a rich country we need to grow our current GDP level by over 10 times. That will of course involve using science and technology to generate wealth instead of relying on exports of primary products. How are we rich when our GDP is 405 billion dollars for a population of roughly 200 Million people? If we call ourselves a country, then what do call Japan which produces a GDP of 5 trillion dollars for a population of roughly 100 million people? For you to know how poor we are, Beijing, the capital city of China, has a much higher GDP than the whole of Nigeria. Politicians are only deceiving Nigerians for them to clinch unto power and nothing more. They cannot deliver on their promises because after all deductions are made from the monthly allocation for salaries, allowances to schools ,salaries for political office holders and other sundry expenses, little or none is left to build anything.So,nothing should be expected from any governors.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by sammhi(m): 11:36am On Jul 24, 2019
Difrent:

The problem with imbeciles like you is that (E ri ola ri )
You are so poor that 10bn is like endless money . You don't realise that for a state like OyO , 10bn is really nothing
For proper development, We should be talking about 10bn USD or more not Naira
Health , Education, Roads , Transport etc would gulp that money so fast you won't even know anything happen
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by immaculate1234(m): 11:36am On Jul 24, 2019
Make una approve loan for me too na

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ahmad Abubakar Is Dead (Jigawa NUJ Chairman Dies) / PDP Rep Caucus Moves To Endorse Wike As Atiku’s Running Mate / Banditry And Atiku's "90% Voters" By Abimbola Adelakun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.