Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde (14766 Views)

Wike Campaigns For Makinde, Says Relationship With APC Has Ended / G-5 Governors Storm Oyo For Makinde’s Re-Election (Photos, Video) / Wike Dances As G5 Governors Arrive Oyo For Makinde's Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by sammhi(m): 11:44am On Jul 24, 2019
Damod88:

They always say that because they know that majority of Nigerian voters are of low IQ people. What an average Nigerian voter understands that statement to mean is that the prospective governor will start to dole out money once he is elected.politicians will be deceiving Nigerians that their country is rich whereas in reality Nigeria is one of the poorest. For Nigeria to be a rich country we need to grow our current GDP level by over 10 times. That will of course involve using science and technology to generate wealth instead of relying on exports of primary products. How are we rich when our GDP is 405 billion dollars for a population of roughly 200 Million people? If we call ourselves a country, then what do call Japan which produces a GDP of 5 trillion dollars for a population of roughly 100 million people? For you to know how poor we are, Beijing, the capital city of China, has a much higher GDP than the whole of Nigeria. Politicians are only deceiving Nigerians for them to clinch unto power and nothing more. They cannot deliver on their promises because after all deductions are made from the monthly allocation for salaries, allowances to schools ,salaries for political office holders and other sundry expenses, little or none is left to build anything.So,nothing should be expected from any governors.
You said it all, my guy
And they are making noise over a paltry 10bn not USD .
I dont know the Gov neither do.i live in Ibadan or Oyo state but anyone with sound financial knowledge knoq that 10bn is paltry for a state .
That money can Only build the Ranches he talked about and a few roads.
The country has abundant resources but we are not tapping into them to expand and build on it
For instance , we export raw Cocoa but if we have turn cocoa into chocolate , butter , beverages etc then many people can b employed. Same for Rubber in Ondo state ...we export it raw ..yet that town in Ondo state should have tyre manufacturing industry etc
Dunlop , Michelin tyres were here before producing tyres but have left ...these are the causes of unemployment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by PatrickOkunima(m): 11:57am On Jul 24, 2019
ayusco85:
Is this not the billionaire governor? Why couldn't he borrow the state some of his billions

That guy is rich by Nigerian standard, but does not have N1b. By declaring that huge asset, he's only preparing himself for the future ((if you know what I mean).

BTW, He cannot use his money to run the state.
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by mascotblaze(m): 12:03pm On Jul 24, 2019
grin
ayusco85:

Unseriously
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by gaskiyamagana: 12:03pm On Jul 24, 2019
Omalle:
Now now u don start to borrow?
I ve said it before, this man will be Yahya Bello of Oyo state. Within 54 days, borrowing lO billion naira was considered, projects for the money have been identified as well.
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by Yusuf54: 12:05pm On Jul 24, 2019
Difrent:
Rubber stamp legislature.... Approve loan within minutes of being read without any explanation on the purpose of the loan........ I thought this man promised to do things differently, is this how he intends to govern the state into debts? Where are all the innovation he promised to introduce to improve the states finances?....when those who knows are telling him to promise little they were called enemies, they said Oyo state has money, Ajimobi was just being wicked and not spending the mooney now their eyes have opened to the reality.
Ajimobi didn't borrow 1naira in his first term as governor

1 Like

Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by gaskiyamagana: 12:08pm On Jul 24, 2019
Kissmayor:
My honourable amiable one and only govenor oyo ever had. Im proud of you makon GOD be with you able man and lead you to unforgetable sucess history. Ur haters always keep behind. My noble man nd honourary mentor %100
Site Manager,
MACON CONSTRUCTION COMPANY.
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by Justiceleague1: 12:16pm On Jul 24, 2019
Bolustical:
I hope we all know that this debt will be added to national debt when NBS/DMO releases the stats on debt.

So before you start shouting on how indebted Nigeria is under Buhari, please check how much your state(s) contributed to it.

Have you ...... ... .... .....?

grin grin
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by Jamesilabel: 12:18pm On Jul 24, 2019
A governor the declared over 48billion asset is borrowing 10billion...we don one chance
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by Lamasta(m): 12:45pm On Jul 24, 2019
ayusco85:
Is this not the billionaire governor? Why couldn't he borrow the state some of his billions
The constitution does not support it
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by berbs: 12:49pm On Jul 24, 2019
Difrent:

Help me ask his defenders on this thread.....

My opinion: to pay up some of the debts he incurred in the run up to elections, settle the Pdp guys that have been in hunger for the past 8 years and use the rest for some inconsequential projects without any value to the people of the state.
Now hold on!!! I am one of the millions of Seyi Makinde's supporters but i won't lick his ass when hes trying to go wrong because I do not support blindly. I think this is just too early especially when it's not as if he wants to use it to invest in the State business especially in Agriculture

1 Like

Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by KnowAll(m): 12:57pm On Jul 24, 2019
It remains 38 billion to be borrowed. The Governor said he is worth 48 billion. He has started making that figure become a reality.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by Difrent: 1:05pm On Jul 24, 2019
sammhi:

The problem with imbeciles like you is that (E ri ola ri )
You are so poor that 10bn is like endless money . You don't realise that for a state like OyO , 10bn is really nothing
For proper development, We should be talking about 10bn USD or more not Naira
Health , Education, Roads , Transport etc would gulp that money so fast you won't even know anything happen

Wasnt it you and other poor hungry bastardy like you that foist this calamity of a governor on Oyo state?
ore mekunu they call him and it was the poor like you that voted him, only poor miserable fools like you who can't pay 1000naira for their child school fees like you that bought his bull shit......for emphasis there wasn't talks of loans during campaign, he fooled y'all into believing Ajimobi was pilfering that's why he couldn't pay salaries ,he said Oyo has enough money, he is querying the loans Ajimobi took, so why is he taking loans, those are the questions we are asking

3 Likes

Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by PapyT1212(m): 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2019
Lol, well said my brother grin
Bolustical:
I hope we all know that this debt will be added to national debt when NBS/DMO releases the stats on debt.

So before you start shouting on how indebted Nigeria is under Buhari, please check how much your state(s) contributed to it.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by LordMayor018: 1:21pm On Jul 24, 2019
hahaha, why did he cancelled public school fees in the first place, I know he will regret the action later, let them start paying the school fee even if it's 5k per term, the students would be more serious and use the money to build and repair the dilapidated buildings, buying learning materials and others.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by ayusco85(m): 1:22pm On Jul 24, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

That guy is rich by Nigerian standard, but does not have N1b. By declaring that huge asset, he's only preparing himself for the future ((if you know what I mean).

BTW, He cannot use his money to run the state.

How much liquid cash does dangote have
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by SAMTOBIJU(m): 1:38pm On Jul 24, 2019
Difrent:

Are you mad? Where did I mention him using his money, I only asked where are the innovations he promised, did he say he was going to plunge Oyo into debts? Mr man I know Seyi is not yet sharing money to you hungry folks that voted for him so I understand your misery but don't drag me into it
Is it your father's money or great grandfather money he will use to do the innovations. Or money will come down from heaven to do innovations. Mr Man, go ask your nonsense ex Governor what he left behind to run the state. I know you are one of the beggars that ate the crumbs coming from Ajimobi table and those crumbs have stopped, just don't commit suicide. By the way, if you are not okay with Makinde or his administration, hug the closest transformer close to your father's house.....
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by KENNYcha: 1:47pm On Jul 24, 2019
Peach Palms Estate

TITLE: C of O
Instant Allocation : Available

Peach Palms is directly beside Chalcedony School, Lekki, a 2mins driving distance from Lekki/Epe Expressway

INFRASTRUCTURE: - Paved & Interlocked Roads
- Covered drainage
- Perimeter fencing
- Electricity
- Green Area
- Recreation Center
- Pedestrian walkways
- Pedestrian boulevard
- CCTV Camera
- Modern electrification with street lights
- Professional Security Guards

Landmarks : - CHALCEDONY SCHOOL,LEKKI
- LAGOON PARK,LEKKI
- EAST AMBER ESTATE
- ARIUM ESTATE
- CHOIS GARDENS
- CORONA SCHOOLS
- CALEB BRITISH SCHOOL
- OASIS GARDEN
- NOVARE MALL
- Private Educational Institutions - Visible infrastructures
amongst others.

Size: 300Sqm
Outright Purchase : 4.8M
6 Months : 5.3M
12 Months : 5.8M

Size: 600Sqm
Outright Purchase : 9.5M
6 Months : 10.5M
12 Months : 11.5M

Initial Deposit : N1,000,000
(Installment Payment Available for 12Months)
call/whatsapp Kenny on 08137875110

Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:21pm On Jul 24, 2019
ayusco85:

How much liquid cash does dangote have

Are you comparing him with Dangote?

Did you even read the declaration? Some of this figure include future funds that will be generated by his company. He's a sharp guy.
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:23pm On Jul 24, 2019
KnowAll:
It remains 38 billion to be borrowed. The Governor said he is worth 48 billion. He has started making that figure become a reality.

Now, someone is thinking what I'm thinking. Immediately I saw his declaration, I knew what he was up-to.
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by joshua1000: 2:30pm On Jul 24, 2019
looting marching already started
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by Cajal(m): 3:02pm On Jul 24, 2019
Ventura1:

How long does it take to reason properly? Do you think everyone will be like Pres. Buhari that take forever to choose Ministers and ended up selecting rubbish.
....still rubber stamp
No be him dey talk say Oyo get money...that ajimobi was wicked

We shall hold his balls responsible

1 Like

Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by banio: 3:09pm On Jul 24, 2019
There should be a law banning borrowing beyond what an administration can pay. Why borrow for a future Governor to pay.
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by Otunba2004(m): 3:37pm On Jul 24, 2019
ayusco85:
nibo ni won ti nse iru e May be in Biafra Republic
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by NovusHomo(m): 4:59am On Jul 25, 2019
Difrent:
Oyo State House of Assembly has approved the request of the executive arm to obtain N10 billion loan to improve infrastructure in the state.

The lawmakers approved the loan, which will be obtained from First Bank of Nigeria (FBN), United Bank Africa (UBA) and Unity Bank, during plenary yesterday.

Speaking on the urgent need for swift approval of the request, the speaker, Adebo Ogundoyin, noted that the fund would enable the Governor Seyi Makinde-led administration to hit the ground running.

According to him, the state’s financials demand external source of fund to build good roads and other facilities for the people.He said, “We cannot keep complaining about the financial mess in which we have found ourselves, because governance is a continuum. We just have to take responsibility and move on.”

https://guardian.ng/news/oyo-assembly-approves-n10b-loan-for-makinde/amp/

"Anticipatory looting". Its on. My home State don enter one chance.
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by ayusco85(m): 5:08am On Jul 25, 2019
Otunba2004:
nibo ni won ti nse iru e May be in Biafra Republic

You are so consumed with tribal hatred that you see everyone that comments on a thread concerning south west as an igbo person. They truly are your night mare, that u seem to run even without being pursued . Get well soon child
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by bluke(m): 7:15am On Jul 25, 2019
gaskiyamagana:

I ve said it before, this man will be Yahya Bello of Oyo state. Within 54 days, borrowing lO billion naira was considered, projects for the money have been identified as well.

what of the 7b for salaries.
we dey watch ooooo
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by Otunba2004(m): 11:47am On Jul 25, 2019
ayusco85:

You are so consumed with tribal hatred that you see everyone that comments on a thread concerning south west as an igbo person. They truly are your night mare, that u seem to run even without being pursued . Get well soon child
that means you're nonentity for asking the governor to borrow oyo state from his billion infact you're dummy
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by nadiq1: 6:39am On Jul 26, 2019
They yaff started. Something tells me about this dude of a governor. Time will tell.
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by nadiq1: 6:40am On Jul 26, 2019
Bolustical:

Thank you for this information
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by nadiq1: 5:43pm On Jul 26, 2019
sammhi:

You said it all, my guy
And they are making noise over a paltry 10bn not USD .
I dont know the Gov neither do.i live in Ibadan or Oyo state but anyone with sound financial knowledge knoq that 10bn is paltry for a state .
That money can Only build the Ranches he talked about and a few roads.
The country has abundant resources but we are not tapping into them to expand and build on it
For instance , we export raw Cocoa but if we have turn cocoa into chocolate , butter , beverages etc then many people can b employed. Same for Rubber in Ondo state ...we export it raw ..yet that town in Ondo state should have tyre manufacturing industry etc
Dunlop , Michelin tyres were here before producing tyres but have left ...these are the causes of unemployment

Agreeing to his post does not in any way support your posts/claims. He makes more sense. So because 10b is paltry to you, then questions shouldn’t be asked? I think this is too early in this administration. Transparency is key in any well-meaning government. But will will that happen Time will tell�
Re: Oyo Assembly Approves 10 Billion Loan For Makinde by 7lives: 6:32pm On Jul 26, 2019
berbs:
Abeg! What exactly is the 10billion meant for

It's for clean up, Oyo state is dirty.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fact-Check: 8 Misleading Claims On Reported Relegation Of VP Osinbajo / Edo Modular Refinery To Earn $125m Per Annum From Naptha Exports / Ahmad Abubakar Is Dead (Jigawa NUJ Chairman Dies)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.