Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,961 members, 7,821,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Pls Translate This Word To Your Language - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pls Translate This Word To Your Language (3259 Views)

Pls Translate This Names Of God In Your Language. / Can you translate this Colours In Your Language? / If You Can Speak Yoruba Pls Translate This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by sojiboy(m): 11:10am On May 12, 2007
Pls Translate this word to your language

CHILD IS GREATER THAN MONEY
Yorba---Omoboriowo
Igbo----Nwaka Ego
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by eniola1310(f): 11:51am On May 12, 2007
sojiboy:

CHILD IS GREATER THAN MONEY
Yorba---Omoboriowo

u've done ma language already
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 12, 2007
omojola
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by grafikdon: 8:55pm On May 12, 2007
Ndwandwe
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by Ezinwannem: 10:23pm On May 12, 2007
When u put NWAKA without spacing it out, its an insult in igbo. it should be NWA KA EGO/AKUNUBA shocked
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by cuteass1(f): 5:18am On May 13, 2007
Ezinwannem:

When u put NWAKA without spacing it out, its an insult in igbo. it should be NWA KA EGO/AKUNUBA shocked

I thought the insult was spelt "WAKA" not "NWAKA" undecided ,and i also thought the word was hausa "SHEGE WAKA BANZA" or something like that undecided

And come to think of it i have a friend that goes by the name (a lot others do too) and its not spaced, they actually write NWAK(A)EGO or friends can shorten it NWAKA wink

In norwegian it would be . . barn er større enn penger cheesy
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by sojiboy(m): 2:00pm On May 14, 2007
Well i really appreciaate everyone dat paticipate in this tread
but am not an Igbo guy i just spell it according to what they call it.
My dear Ziddy am sorry that OMOJOLA is not corrcet it simply meana CHILD IS GREATER THAN WEALTH BUT I SAID MONEY.
Pls make sure you put the NAME of the Language after the INTERPRETATION.
Guess what dat is my name but i bear it in YORUBA.
dont tell any oneo
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by Adetife: 12:58am On May 17, 2007
Omojuowolo - Yoruba
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by Ezinwannem: 3:31pm On May 17, 2007
cuteass-you're rite, ma igbo is not that good, i put da N, lol and YES, it is hausa, lol
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by Soundmind(m): 11:25am On Jun 22, 2007
Ndi Igbo ibe m, (My fellow Igbos)'
there is a difference between Nwakego and Nwa ka-ego. (two vowels following each other)
Nwakego is a name - a proper noun
Nwa ka-ego is a simple sentence - you can see the noun and verb there.
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by ghettochyk(f): 7:45pm On Jun 22, 2007
Ezinwannem:

you're right. {not the insult part, but the spelling, of course}. It's Nwa Ka Ego.

NOT nwaka ego.

@cute_ass
names aren't usually spaced out. like the sentence: Onye Ka Chi? The name form would be Onyekachi.
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by Busybee1: 11:24pm On Jun 22, 2007
Omojowolo
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by cuteass1(f): 11:33pm On Jun 22, 2007
ghettochyk:

@cute_ass
names aren't usually spaced out. like the sentence: Onye Ka Chi? The name form would be Onyekachi.

I know hun, but the poster said "translate it in your language", not necessarily write it as a name in your language.

As a name it would be NWAKEGO, but as a sentence it would be NWA KA EGO . . the norwegians for. ex that don't have it as a name have to space it.

But still if you go back to my previous post, i didnt space it, the person you quoted first (Ezinwannem) did!!
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by Ikomi(m): 12:46am On Jun 23, 2007
cute-ass:

I know hun, but the poster said "translate it in your language", not necessarily write it as a name in your language.

As a name it would be NWAKEGO, but as a sentence it would be NWA KA EGO . . the norwegians for. ex that don't have it was a name have to space it.

But still if you go back to my previous post, i didnt space it, the person you quoted first (Ezinwannem) did!!

Very good explanation.

ghettochyk:

Ezinwannem link=topic=53194.msg1112121#msg1112121 date=1179005007:

you're right. {not the insult part, but the spelling, of course}. It's Nwa Ka Ego.

NOT nwaka ego.

@cute_ass

lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed I wont say a word. lol. Nwaka or waka which do u mean. lol. Even waka(if that is what u mean) the insult, is not an igbo language its borrowed. Have I said too much.  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed  lipsrsealed

There is this Igbo school in the states, they are very flexible with time, am sure they'll meet your needs. lol
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by ghettochyk(f): 12:48am On Jun 23, 2007
@cute_ass
i thot the story about your friend's name was supposed to be an explanation of why Ezinne is wrong. i guess you were talking about "nwaka" and "waka".

@Ikomi
pkachara anya ooo!! a gwala m gi now!!! angry
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by cuteass1(f): 12:59am On Jun 23, 2007
Ikomi:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I wont say a word. lol. Nwaka or waka which do u mean. lol. Even waka(if that is what u mean) the insult, is not an igbo language its borrowed. Have I said too much. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Exactly, like i said earlier . . i think it should be hause wink

ghettochyk:

@cute_ass
i thot the story about your friend's name was supposed to be an explanation of why Ezinne is wrong. i guess you were talking about "nwaka" and "waka".

The story about my friend's name was to emphasize that "nwaka" wasn't an insult.
Ezinwannem:

When u put NWAKA without spacing it out, its an insult in igbo.

"waka" ia an insult, and i do agree that as a sentence it should be " nwa ka", but the story was to explain that those who bear the name "nwakego" are atimes referred to as "nwaka" in a dearie way . . hence, its not an insult!!
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by ghettochyk(f): 1:08am On Jun 23, 2007
ghettochyk:

@cute_ass

ok, so i didn't explain my explanation well. from where i said ", why ezinne is wrong" add, "about spacing out the Nwa and ka".
there you go.
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by segoye2(m): 1:10am On Jun 23, 2007
@ Thread,

The Bush man language:-

ki ki kin ti ri ti ti ti / po ko po ti kri ti lo ll.

You can learn more from this movie The Gods must be Crazy!  grin   grin
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by janedoe(f): 1:32am On Jan 05, 2008
Wan hemba nyare-Tiv
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by darfur(m): 1:38am On Jan 05, 2008
ikputumbi
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by akyus(m): 1:42pm On Jan 05, 2008
Wan hemba nyaregh- Tiv
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by janedoe(f): 12:23am On Jan 06, 2008
@ akyus,why the
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by akyus(m): 11:07am On Jan 08, 2008
@ janedoe. Keep it up, do not forget your culturesmiley Most of Tiv children of your age here in Abuja can not even translate come. Your parents are doing a job by teaching you your language in Florida. It really good to preserve culture.
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by janedoe(f): 2:03pm On Jan 08, 2008
@ Akyus,lived in Naija all my life,just moved to Fl 2 years back so I speak fluent Tiv
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by romeo(m): 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2008
Soundmind:

Ndi Igbo ibe m, (My fellow Igbos)'
there is a difference between Nwakego and Nwa ka-ego. (two vowels following each other)
Nwakego is a name - a proper noun
Nwa ka-ego is a simple sentence - you can see the noun and verb there.

Thank you very much soulmind grin, It's Nwakego
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by saha(f): 10:11pm On Jan 14, 2008
Da ya fi kudi.-Hausa
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by topkin(m): 11:21pm On Jan 14, 2008
Omogoriola lipsrsealed
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by kojeiwa(m): 11:22pm On Jan 14, 2008
Omosigho - Benin (Bini)
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by Chay(f): 10:34pm On Jan 17, 2008
Yaro ya fi kudi- Hausa
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by Hero(m): 8:21pm On Jan 20, 2008
Welfare. grin
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by simibrazil(f): 10:18pm On Jan 20, 2008
Criança é melhor que dinheiro
Re: Pls Translate This Word To Your Language by deor03(m): 10:24pm On Jan 20, 2008
simibrazil:

Criança é melhor que dinheiro
simi, cómo es usted.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Black People And Christmas Gift / Crazy!!! Bride Appeared Naked On Traditional Wedding Day (pictured) / The Beautiful Culture And Traditions Of BEKWARRA People Of Cross River Atate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.