Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,664 members, 7,809,512 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

University Of Ibadan VC, Olayinka Blasts UNN's Social Media Handler - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan VC, Olayinka Blasts UNN's Social Media Handler (37475 Views)

University Of Ibadan VC Commissions Pedestrian Bridge Over River Zik / Owolabi Habeebah Olayinka Graduates With A 7.0 CGPA From University Of Ibadan / Abel Idowu Olayinka & President Macron: Student Blasts UI VC For Insensitivity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan VC, Olayinka Blasts UNN's Social Media Handler by uzolexis(f): 8:29am On Jul 25, 2019
Elemosho478:

UNN should have at least wait for the whole Ranking instead of celebrating mediocre and trying to ridicule other Nigerian Universities with their mediocre celebration

But the VC reaction was childish though

It's OK to celebrate your achievement in little things, the big things will come but you can appreciate the little successes, that can motivate you to do better. As far as I'm concerned, UNN did nothing wrong. They didn't ridicule anybody, they listed the top 5 Nigerian Universities. U. I does the same thing when they top the ranking.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan VC, Olayinka Blasts UNN's Social Media Handler by arinzos(m): 8:33am On Jul 25, 2019
noah91:
UNN is really a good school, in fact it's the best in the East. But to compare it to UI is like comparing Columbia University to Harvard. UI remains the most prestigious and best university in Nigeria. It's our greatest exports outside among universities. Covenant is doing well though and if this pace continues, they may best UI in the future
UNN is one of the best in Nigeria not just SE.
I respect UI so much. But your comparison is flawed. It should be "its like comparing Oxford to Havard".
Re: University Of Ibadan VC, Olayinka Blasts UNN's Social Media Handler by Elemosho478: 8:39am On Jul 25, 2019
uzolexis:

It's OK to celebrate your achievement in little things, the big things will come but you can appreciate the little successes, that can motivate you to do better. As far as I'm concerned, UNN did nothing wrong. They didn't ridicule anybody, they listed the top 5 Nigerian Universities. U. I does the same thing when they top the ranking.

That only apply to an individual

UNN is an institution and what people expect from them is just the best

They must not be celebrating mediocrity

Celebrating what is just 10% of the entire ranking by an Institution like UNN is mediocrity
Re: University Of Ibadan VC, Olayinka Blasts UNN's Social Media Handler by uzolexis(f): 9:07am On Jul 25, 2019
Elemosho478:

That only apply to an individual

UNN is an institution and what people expect from them is just the best

They must not be celebrating mediocrity

Celebrating what is just 10% of the entire ranking by an Institution like UNN is mediocrity

Even institutions highlight their positives and downplay their negatives so I still don't see anything wrong. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan VC, Olayinka Blasts UNN's Social Media Handler by StyleAfos(m): 9:25am On Jul 25, 2019
Re: University Of Ibadan VC, Olayinka Blasts UNN's Social Media Handler by Ishilove: 10:36am On Jul 25, 2019
bigfrancis21:

E tue dike na nke o melu, o mekwa ozo...UNN my alma mater! Jide ka unu ji! cool

Ishilove da akokaite, are you seeing what ayam saw? wink cheesy
Ayam vexing for you angry

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan VC, Olayinka Blasts UNN's Social Media Handler by noah91(m): 11:37am On Jul 25, 2019
arinzos:

UNN is one of the best in Nigeria not just SE.
I respect UI so much. But your comparison is flawed. It should be "its like comparing Oxford to Havard".
I was comparing universities in the same country which Harvard and Columbia Universities happen to be. Both universities are mostly in top 5 in the US. UNN is obviously one of the best and prestigious universities in Nigeria and it's definitely the best in the East. That's what I meant. In terms of prestige, I believe UI, OAU, UNN, Unilag, ABU Zaria are the greatest in the country in that order. Currently Covenant is the fastest growing and might upsurge the above universities in the nearest future
Re: University Of Ibadan VC, Olayinka Blasts UNN's Social Media Handler by arinzos(m): 4:18pm On Jul 25, 2019
noah91:
I was comparing universities in the same country which Harvard and Columbia Universities happen to be. Both universities are mostly in top 5 in the US. UNN is obviously one of the best and prestigious universities in Nigeria and it's definitely the best in the East. That's what I meant. In terms of prestige, I believe UI, OAU, UNN, Unilag, ABU Zaria are the greatest in the country in that order. Currently Covenant is the fastest growing and might upsurge the above universities in the nearest future
I understand your point now.
But your order is not well in order.
It should be UI,UNN,others.......
I don't see in which aspect OAU would come before UNN.
OAU that has been silent in almost all rankings of recent.Let them get their shit together first.

Any day, Anytime, UNN will be ahead of OAU just the way UI will be ahead of UNN.
UI=First University in Nigeria.
UNN=First indeginous University in Nigeria.
I love these two Universities.
I am a Lion,but if i would further in Nigeria,it MUST be UI or Covenant shikena.
Others are trying but...........
Re: University Of Ibadan VC, Olayinka Blasts UNN's Social Media Handler by Emeraldfynest(m): 7:09pm On Jul 25, 2019
Where did he even source his facts from, U.I is the best university in Nigeria, take it or leave it, is it in terms of infrastructure and facilities, research, postgraduate school or staff strength where we have over 410 professors. You can't just beat the reach, unibadan still towers highest and remember if it's from U.I, it must be of the best quality!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan VC, Olayinka Blasts UNN's Social Media Handler by tmphoto(m): 1:09pm On May 16, 2020
hello
Re: University Of Ibadan VC, Olayinka Blasts UNN's Social Media Handler by bigfrancis21: 5:24pm On May 16, 2020
Ishilove:

Ayam vexing for you angry

grin grin
Re: University Of Ibadan VC, Olayinka Blasts UNN's Social Media Handler by Ishilove: 5:26pm On May 16, 2020
bigfrancis21:

grin grin
Wow... After almost a year... A baby born the day I posted that comment will have about 8 teeth by now undecided
Re: University Of Ibadan VC, Olayinka Blasts UNN's Social Media Handler by bigfrancis21: 12:51am On May 17, 2020
Re: University Of Ibadan VC, Olayinka Blasts UNN's Social Media Handler by ndyfaby: 1:42pm On May 17, 2020
Thanks for your insight. FULLY FUNDED SCHOLARSHIPS 2020 FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS interested students can apply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Primary School Where Head Teacher's Office Is Under A Tree In Cross Rivers / Bishop Oyedepo Opens Center For Soiless Agriculture In Landmark University / LASU Computer Science Department Poor Results (Screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.