Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,405 members, 7,853,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:11 AM

Messi Received Fine And Ban For His Comments In Copa America - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Received Fine And Ban For His Comments In Copa America (381 Views)

Lukaku Apologizes To Fans, Says He Is Sorry For His Comments About Chelsea / Moment Messi Received His FIFA Men's Player Award. See Van Dijk's Reaction / Cristiano Ronaldo Faces Ban For Swearing At Atletico Madrid Fans (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Messi Received Fine And Ban For His Comments In Copa America by weezyk(m): 1:30pm On Jul 24, 2019
Barcelona and Argentine striker, Lionel Messi has been slammed with a $1500 fine by South America’s football governing body, CONMEBOL, over his comments about the federation’s corruption during the recently concluded COPA America.

Lionel Messi will also serve a game suspension for the red card he received against Chile in the tournament’s third-fourth playoff match.

Messi is banned and fined for saying the whole tournament was set up for Brazil’s win by CONMEBOL
“There is no doubt, the whole thing is set up for Brazil. I hope the VAR (video assistant referee) and referees don’t play any part in the final and that Peru can compete but it looks tough to me.

I did not want to be part of this corruption, we shouldn’t have to be part of this disrespect we suffered during the Copa America. We could have gone further but we weren’t allowed into the final. Corruption, referees and all the rest stopped people from enjoying the football,” he had said.

Recall that earlier in the tournament, Messi criticised the ground conditions for the competition and also questioned refereeing decisions. Messi was also critical of the referees after the team’s 2-0 loss against Brazil in the semi-final.

“I always tell the truth and I’m honest, that is what keeps me calm…If what I say has repercussions that is not my business. I think that what happened is because of what I said against Brazil,” Messi had said.
Brazil won the Copa America 2019, by defeating Peru 3-1 in the finals on July 7.

Found it interesting? Comment and Share to your friends!

Source :https://whenhow24..com/2019/07/messi-received-fine-and-ban-for-his.html?m=1

Re: Messi Received Fine And Ban For His Comments In Copa America by simonlee(m): 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2019
which kind yeye fine be this?

(1) (Reply)

FIFA The Best- Voting Guide / 'We Have Good Relationship' - Ronaldo Professes His Relationship With Messi / Watford Vs Arsenal 2-2 - Highlights (video Download)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.