Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,405 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

“I Would Have Made You Sweat” – Abaribe Tells Akpabio At Ministerial Screening - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Would Have Made You Sweat” – Abaribe Tells Akpabio At Ministerial Screening (922 Views)

Governor Fubara And Godswill Akpabio At Herbert Wigwe's Funeral / At Ministerial Screening, Wale Edun Says Naira Fair Value Is N700/$1 / You Are Only Fair To Northern Nigeria – Abaribe Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“I Would Have Made You Sweat” – Abaribe Tells Akpabio At Ministerial Screening by Igboblog: 8:30pm On Jul 24, 2019
“I Would Have Made You Sweat” – Abaribe Tells Akpabio At Ministerial Screening

Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe, during the Ministerial Screening today said he would have made Godswill Akpabio, a former governor of Akwa Ibom to sweat.

Igbere TV reports that Abaribe spoke when Akpabio appeared before the senate for screening on Wednesday.

The PDP lawmaker said he would have asked Akpabio tough questions but for the tradition of the senate which allows former lawmakers to “take a bow and go”.

Akpabio represented Akwa Ibom north-west senatorial district between 2015 and 2019. He was minority leader of the PDP caucus before he defected to the All Progressives Congress (APC) before the last general election.

“I would have made Godswill sweat… We know that as an uncommon person, you will work very uncommonly to make sure the relation between the chamber and the villa is uncommon,” he said.

Earlier, Akpabio had said as an “uncommon performer”, he would keep rendering “uncommon services” to Nigeria.

Akpabio said some of the roads he built as governor of Akwa Ibom have not had potholes 11 years after they were built.

He also taunted Dino Melaye, senator representing Kogi west, who had told him that they would meet on “the streets of Abuja” during the valedictory session of the senate led by Bukola Saraki.

Melaye had made veiled reference to Akpabio’s loss in the election.

“I will continue to offer uncommon services to Nigeria through the current platform; with integrity, dedication and love. I left office many years ago and on the roads I did, there is not one pothole 11 years after. I rest my case on the CV before you,” he said.

“It is my firm belief that the only way we can touch the lives of the average man in he society is through his hallowed chambers. Nothing really to say than what you already know; I am regarded as uncommon performer in any place I go.”

Source : http://igberetvnews.com/843948/i-would-have-made-you-sweat-abaribe-tells-akpabio-at-ministerial-screening/

Re: “I Would Have Made You Sweat” – Abaribe Tells Akpabio At Ministerial Screening by odiereke(m): 8:52pm On Jul 24, 2019
He came for the screening with handkerchief in his pocket

(1) (Reply)

#revolutionnow: Sowore Received One Million Dollars To Organize Revolutionnow / Attack On Ekweremadu "A Courageous Act" - Nnamdi Kanu / Tribute To The Unarmed People Murdered By The Nigerian Army In Python Dance(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.