Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album (37072 Views)

Angelique Kidjo Dedicates Her 2020 Grammy Award To Burna Boy (Video) / Grammy Awards: Burna Boy Loses To Angelique Kidjo / Davido Poses With Angelique Kidjo In South Africa As Fans Slam Him Over Tagbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by simple250: 9:16am On Jul 25, 2019
For years now no artist has released a reasonable album ,all we hear is single shiitt .Good one burna kiss

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by livebyday(m): 9:16am On Jul 25, 2019
ADRIAN88:
You know what's exciting about Burna boy's rise to success? It's a combination of sheer hard work behind the the scenes, razor-sharp ambition, an amazing team/management and raw talent...

What's sweeter is the fact that his growth has been very organic. No forced features, no gra-gra foreign interviews, no forming accents on foreign events to sound accepted, nothing forced whatsoever... Just plain hard work and consistency over the years ... And then boom! his time is here.
You summed it up.perfectly

Hence I laughed when I saw a member say Wizkid stands a better chance of winning a Grammy over this gentle.man

Burns boy has pushed his career from Nigeria , he didn't need to.sign with Sony or tidal or Spotify or all the things we saw the likes of wzkid, davido, tiwa and others do

He kept it real and then world came.knocking he didn't purse them they came to him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by Meedon: 9:38am On Jul 25, 2019
Future on this

Woww
Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by bentlywills(m): 9:40am On Jul 25, 2019
2dice01:
plus correct cowtail or ise iwu

Cloud 9 on Point grin

Na enjoyment go Kee you grin
Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by greypencils: 9:48am On Jul 25, 2019
No one is seeing his feature with jeremih...i am gonna love that one

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by slade31: 9:50am On Jul 25, 2019
What is this that keep appearing for me to download on nairaland??
Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by luvyaself95(m): 9:54am On Jul 25, 2019
krattoss:
Burna got his act together this time.
He is sure going to break the international scene with this album and features
But him for feature him babe steflon embarassed
Love that bi'tche like mad
mek burna no hear say you love e bae
Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by 15ssDRIVE(m): 10:10am On Jul 25, 2019
2dice01:
plus correct cowtail or ise iwu

Cloud 9 on Point grin

If una no make people mouth dey totori...... una no go stop ... oya Kontinueee
Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by nasoeb: 10:18am On Jul 25, 2019
IamAkinzy:
Patiently waiting for Downloads grin no ves oluwaburna cool
grin grin free style things
Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by nerorex01: 10:34am On Jul 25, 2019
Killin' em vibes

Good one Oluwa Burna

Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by Modarun(m): 10:46am On Jul 25, 2019
lonelydora:
Even though I don't like Burna Boy but you can't take the fact that he's a VERY good musician

he woukd have been the best if he was singing about shaking ya yanch and nwa baby nonesense abi? Like we his fans and oluwa burna cares wht you think.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by Modarun(m): 10:54am On Jul 25, 2019
livebyday:

Hence I laughed when I saw a member say Wizkid stands a better chance of winning a Grammy over this gentle.man

Burns boy has pushed his career from Nigeria , he didn't need to.sign with Sony or tidal or Spotify or all the things we saw the likes of wzkid, davido, tiwa and others do

He kept it real and then world came.knocking he didn't purse them they came to him

fell inlove with his sound when i heard “like to party. you wont understand unless you are a hiphop egg head. Dude was a teenager still was into B.I.G? hw many of his peers listen to O.Gs these days? this is a mark of any artiste that is deep, the variety and generations of past and present greats they listened to. I guess Burnas background helped shape him alot. Lets not forget his dad was at a time Felas manager and i heard a good producer. If there is any Artiste I want to win the grammy, its Oluwa Burna. Yes he sometimes sings to himself but which great exceptional artiste dont? Prince, Jay Z, Kanye west, Sade, Frank ocean, Donel jones, Baby face all have similar traits. Dude have mad confidence in his craft and so on.

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by livebyday(m): 11:06am On Jul 25, 2019
Modarun:

fell inlove with his sound when i heard “like to party” you wont understand unkess you are a hiphop egg head. Dude was a teenager still was into B.I.G? hw many of his peers listen to O.Gs these days? this is a mark of a any artiste that is deep, the variety and generations of past and present artiste they kistened to. I guess Burnas back ground helped shaoed him.alot. kets not forget his dad was at a time Felas manager and i heard a good producer. If there is any Artiste i want to win the grammy, its Oluwa Burna. Yes he sometimes sings to himself but dude has mad confidence and so on.

So on point
Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by Hungrychicken(m): 11:27am On Jul 25, 2019
Davido na thing of the past now!! Oluwa Burna

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by rex444(m): 11:34am On Jul 25, 2019
ifeanyiopra44:
with stand by olosho ready to kpansh
ok but my hand no dey that one....sorry buh I respect your conglomerate sha

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by Asapkiller(m): 11:48am On Jul 25, 2019
rex444:
una head dey dia....
Aswear down grin
Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by ADRIAN88(m): 12:41pm On Jul 25, 2019
livebyday:

My fellow intellectual.. I see you clearly mate..

People don't get that when you sign with these Sony, Pony and Tony people, part of the contract stipulates that you alter your style to suit their foreign audiences, hence funny-sounding tracks ft funny-people with sometimes funny-sounding track titles that do not usually see the light of day after their initial release.

Critics will have to agree that even when Burna features with these goochi-woochi-ferragamo people, he sticks to his roots, it still sounds 100% afrocentric, he doesn't have to speak the most English, no tweaking of style, just same old afrobeat with an even better vibe; a feat not so easy to pull, some have tried but have never achieved it.
I mean have you seen the tracks on the album? Just flipping through you can tell and feel its 110% African, I'm really proud to be African, this to me is a major game changer for our global brand as African-Nigerians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by MChaze25(m): 12:57pm On Jul 25, 2019
Haywhysat:
Dad from Rivers state, mum from ogun state
Rivers ikwere boy
Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by ADRIAN88(m): 12:59pm On Jul 25, 2019
sugacoatedmouth:
You are stylishly taking swipe at Wizkid and Davido

Their fans are COMING for your HEAD

Wizkid has gone international
Davido has gone international
BurnaBoy has gone international

Remaining OLAMIDE When will he also go International is it until when Jesus comes

Haha!! They're welcome, I serve hot creamy-buttered popcorn and drinks when I'm in a good mood.

Now back to the matter, all three have gone international, no doubt, kudos to them, it's not an easy feat, a few did it before them, folks will still do it after them, I only said I connect more with Burna's rise because it feels all natural and in my opinion is a direct representation of what he has stood for all these years. It's a personal opinion though that I feel is shared by many.

Lastly you mentioned Olamide Baddo, I laugh in HD, Burna's success is success for the African-Nigerian music sphere as a whole, it's a huge Domino effect! It's a major major game changer for everyone, and for artistes that have stuck their ground and stayed loyal to their roots? they will be the major recipients of this goodwill, you have no idea.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by Orobo2Lekpa: 1:03pm On Jul 25, 2019
BlacSmit:

But burna na omo Igbo grin

Is that Igbo the Higher or Igbo the Tribe, or even both?

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by chuckjonesbaba(m): 1:18pm On Jul 25, 2019
Raydos:
He could have make the album go even more viral, had it been he feature daddy freeze or Kemi olunloye in one of the songs there

But anyways we go use Weed enjoy the song like that

LOL!
Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by livebyday(m): 1:26pm On Jul 25, 2019
ADRIAN88:

My fellow intellectual.. I see you clearly mate..

People don't get that when you sign with these Sony, Pony and Tony people, part of the contract stipulates that you alter your style to suit their foreign audiences, hence funny-sounding tracks ft funny-people with sometimes funny-sounding track titles that do not usually see the light of day after their initial release.

Critics will have to agree that even when Burna features with these goochi-woochi-ferragamo people, he sticks to his roots, it still sounds 100% afrocentric, he doesn't have to speak the most English, no tweaking of style, just same old afrobeat with an even better vibe; a feat not so easy to pull, some have tried but have never achieved it.
I mean have you seen the tracks on the album? Just flipping through you can tell and feel its 110% African, I'm really proud to be African, this to me is a major game changer for our global brand as African-Nigerians.

You have said it all bro, nothing more to add. I see him winning the grammy for best international artist

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by harryjunior17(m): 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2019
He even Gonno feature US r & b and pop singer. Jeremih.. and even rapper future..wow.. d sky's the limit for burnaranking
Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by Kalashnikov102(m): 2:34pm On Jul 25, 2019
patani:

Yea, Smoke the week and get a clear Beat by Dre earphone to listen to the songs...All the lyrics will be as clear as the American sky grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Chaiiiii my broda you hv weaken my imeriantus oblangata wink
Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by agbolahananis: 3:04pm On Jul 25, 2019
for ur company I.D card,Bussiness Card,,,Logo design for just #500,,,,,please whatsapp me on 07081992480, ,,,,u will get ur job before paying
Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by opebiboy: 4:35pm On Jul 25, 2019
Second coming of baba Fela
Re: Burna Boy Features Damian Marley, Angelique Kidjo In 'African Giant' Album by joyjoomla(m): 9:27am On Jul 26, 2019
Keep rocking guy. It is your time.

Guys. Please I need you to help me like and comment on this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIR6DFey1_o&feature=youtu.be

To comment scroll down past suggested videos and type in the comment box.

You may not view it all, play the first 10sec and forward to the last 10sec but like and comment very important. Please. Also help subscribe to the channel please. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mo'cheddah Pictured In A Transparent Blouse Flaunting Her Black Bra / Leo Dasilva Throwback Photo From 2012 Leaves The Ladies Drooling / Yemi Alade Escapes Death In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.