Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode (2220 Views)

2027: Lagos APC Stakeholders Push For Ambode’s Candidacy / Lagos PDP Is Searching For A Popular Candidate To Face Ambode In 2019..see Names / Bolanle Ambode Gives Couple With Quintuplets N500,000 Monthly Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by Nobody: 12:46am On Jul 25, 2019
Tribute to this trying time.

Groucho Marx once rightly said "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies."

Good day to you sir, i tried getting through to you to deliver this message in person. I later realised you've distanced yourself a bit from political association on the media. Sir you've made a very wonderful decision.
Your indelible touches in our state speaks volume. History will smile to bank your name sir. Once more i say a big thank you.

Well... Sir, if you ask my personal opinion about the whole issue that is gradually sinking your political boat, this is what i will tell you....
You have found your trouble and gotten yourself a 'tear nylon', and like Marx said, you found it everywhere. As if that was not enough, you diagnosed and gave incorrect remedies. I hope you'd agree with me that it was a wrong calculation. Let's be realistic, we all want good governance but yet a very few Nigerians can resist the urge of not using political positions to their advantage. Check it sir, its rare! Well, your decisions gave to the poor and everyone in and immediate part of Lagos enjoyed that awesome four years.

When Charles w. Pickering said "A healthy democracy requires a decent society; it requires that we are honourable, generous, tolerant and respectful." He described who you are, but now we all can see this doesn't happen down this part of the earth, not anywhere near Nigeria ( but i believe we are going there)

Mike Twain said it, he said "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." Some days to the primaries not a few people believed you'd win. We had no doubts. Well, seems influential minority groups could truncate the majority.

My Oga, i want to say one more time that you are making a right decision to stay silent.
Sir, in as much the urge and pressing it could be to remain silent, i beg you not to. Been silent during this trying time weakens your popularity as time goes on. This great party APC needs you, as high as the pressure might be, i want to beg you not to despair. Theodore Roosevelt said "The most successful politician is he who says what the people are thinking most often in the loudest voice." You are lacking here sir, your Twitter handle has been last updated the very day you handed over to HE Gov Sanwo-Olu.
We know the president has decided to reward the political elites with Ministerial positions at the expense of Nation building technocrats.

This and many other things i wish to discuss with you, thank you for giving me the warmest welcome the last time we didn't meet. I pray to see you hold higher positions in Nigeria. It is your kind our political seats in Nigeria want.

Drabeey is a media influencer and strategist.
Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by pcicero(m): 1:50am On Jul 25, 2019
Mr Media influencer, abeg leave the man alone and let him enjoy his retirement in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by FearGodinall: 4:49am On Jul 25, 2019
They say silent is golden but Ambode's silent was an act of foolishness maybe,he had learned his act foolishness from Obaseki.
Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by Ofunaofu: 4:56am On Jul 25, 2019
Ambode
Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by Kingpee2(m): 5:40am On Jul 25, 2019
When you’ve done well your results will speak for you,I hate one thing about Ambode and it is about how he closed his ears to the cry of Lagosians during the sars killings...
Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 25, 2019
Kingpee2:
When you’ve done well your results will speak for you,I hate one thing about Ambode and it is about how he closed his ears to the cry of Lagosians during the sars killings...

Read what you wrote again Oga, he should have dismissed the sars officials ba? Better gift your data to someone with....

1 Like

Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by asfrank(m): 6:09am On Jul 25, 2019
Let this man be please. Did Buhari promise him anything? So because he is not filling the air with irrelevant noises like FFK & Reno makes him less a Man. I know a lot of people where expecting him to fight Tinubu and APC. You don't pick a fight you know that it is impossible for you to win.

1 Like

Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by Kingpee2(m): 6:16am On Jul 25, 2019
Drabeey:

Read what you wrote again Oga, he should have dismissed the sars officials ba? Better gift your data to someone with....
Come and beat me na or come and help me to use my data...
Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by BlackPantherxXx: 6:17am On Jul 25, 2019
Ambode could have been enjoying a 2nd term now...

He managed to alienate himself by his arrogance to a fellow Governor, his own Commissioners, a clergyman and of course.... his mentor.

Fashola was against him getting the ticket but Tinubu insisted on him despite his shortcomings probably seeing his potentials.

Final nail in the coffin was that ill-advised press conference. That it still didn't change his fate is a testament to his negative image in his own party.

3 Likes

Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 25, 2019
BlackPantherxXx:
Ambode could have been enjoying a 2nd term now...

He managed to alienate himself by his arrogance to a fellow Governor, his own Commissioners, a clergyman and of course.... his mentor.

Fashola was against him getting the ticket but Tinubu insisted on him despite his shortcomings probably seeing his potentials.

Final nail in the coffin was that ill-advised press conference. That it still didn't change his fate is a testament to his negative image in his own party.

Amosun and Okorocha, what about the leaked tape of Amaechi angry
Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by plaindealer: 6:23am On Jul 25, 2019
Drabeey:

He didn't have to sack and sacking wasn't the only option or line of action at his disposal. He was the chief law enforcement officer of the state and he had easy access to the president, the VP and the people in charge of SARS. Raising his voice and addressing Lagosians to let them know that he cares and he's on their side would have suffice.

Give yourself the same advice about your data.

1 Like

Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 25, 2019
@OP.

No one owes Ambode anything. Least of all Buhari. I personally backed him for a Ministerial role but his Political colleagues who work him know the man best. They may just feel his arrogant style, poor leadership skills and inability to carry other stakeholders along is a negative.

1 Like

Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 25, 2019
plaindealer:

He didn't have to sack and sacking wasn't the only option or line of action at his disposal. He was the chief law enforcement officer of the state and he had easy access to the president, the VP and the people in charge of SARS. Raising his voice and addressing Lagosians to let them know that he cares and he's on their side would have suffice.

Give yourself the same advice about your data.

His rants would have meant nothing. This guys are federal agency solely to take orders from a federal power. Imagine yourself saying he should have met the president on an issue he himself is well aware of How does that make any sense. Im sure you remember it is not only in happening in Lagos as of then. It was a menace all over Nigeria and still.
Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by Teejayphillip(m): 6:34am On Jul 25, 2019
Pls let him retire in peace.... A man secretly sponsoring Lagos PDP chapter. So many negative vibes he brought into Govt.....

He might perform much more better at the federal level,but Jagaban and other parry people won’t allow him....

I’m sure mamora took his spot as a minister... Cos I don’t see any reason why Mamora should be on dat list

Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by plaindealer: 6:38am On Jul 25, 2019
Drabeey:

His rants would have meant nothing. This guys are federal agency solely to take orders from a federal power. Imagine yourself saying he should have met the president on an issue he himself is well aware of How does that make any sense. Im sure you remember it is not only in happening in Lagos as of then. It was a menace all over Nigeria and still.

What do you think he should have done?
Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by crackhouse(m): 7:29am On Jul 25, 2019
Na true ooh. So they no make this man minister again? And he was actually hoping to get that position. Chai after this loyalty?
Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by powerhouse3(m): 9:10am On Jul 25, 2019
Listening to Madonna, don't cry for me Argentina.
We should not cry for Ambode rather watch how his fate will be politically.. And learn from it.

I believe he ambode grow up reading Shakespeare book and he could not differentiate when his own temptations arise using same flame(woman-power-arrogant) but different method. Mind blogging was that it also happy in his Time via OHAKIM locally and STRAUSS KHAN internationally.

Now before anyone do away with godfathers, the first instinct is to form your base, curtail your woman, for they are easily intoxicated with me.
he did none so no way he can't flow the waves.

For when you flatter a man he may feel it or he may not, but when you dispise a man he'll hate you and that was the case with ambode. He dispise them and build a fortress( I no dey una level) around himself, so they betray him to first ENEMY

1 Like

Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by Niaja4real(m): 9:26am On Jul 25, 2019
Drabeey:
Tribute to this trying time.

Groucho Marx once rightly said "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies."

Good day to you sir, i tried getting through to you to deliver this message in person. I later realised you've distanced yourself a bit from political association on the media. Sir you've made a very wonderful decision.
Your indelible touches in our state speaks volume. History will smile to bank your name sir. Once more i say a big thank you.

Well... Sir, if you ask my personal opinion about the whole issue that is gradually sinking your political boat, this is what i will tell you....
You have found your trouble and gotten yourself a 'tear nylon', and like Marx said, you found it everywhere. As if that was not enough, you diagnosed and gave incorrect remedies. I hope you'd agree with me that it was a wrong calculation. Let's be realistic, we all want good governance but yet a very few Nigerians can resist the urge of not using political positions to their advantage. Check it sir, its rare! Well, your decisions gave to the poor and everyone in and immediate part of Lagos enjoyed that awesome four years.

When Charles w. Pickering said "A healthy democracy requires a decent society; it requires that we are honourable, generous, tolerant and respectful." He described who you are, but now we all can see this doesn't happen down this part of the earth, not anywhere near Nigeria ( but i believe we are going there)

Mike Twain said it, he said "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." Some days to the primaries not a few people believed you'd win. We had no doubts. Well, seems influential minority groups could truncate the majority.

My Oga, i want to say one more time that you are making a right decision to stay silent.
Sir, in as much the urge and pressing it could be to remain silent, i beg you not to. Been silent during this trying time weakens your popularity as time goes on. This great party APC needs you, as high as the pressure might be, i want to beg you not to despair. Theodore Roosevelt said "The most successful politician is he who says what the people are thinking most often in the loudest voice." You are lacking here sir, your Twitter handle has been last updated the very day you handed over to HE Gov Sanwo-Olu.
We know the president has decided to reward the political elites with Ministerial positions at the expense of Nation building technocrats.

This and many other things i wish to discuss with you, thank you for giving me the warmest welcome the last time we met. I pray to see you hold higher positions in Nigeria. It is your kind our political seats in Nigeria want.

Drabeey is a media influencer and strategist.

U mean the coward Ambode? Eyaaaaah!
Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2019
plaindealer:

What do you think he should have done?

Saying he was insensitive to the killings of his own people was a callous statement
Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by plaindealer: 1:22pm On Jul 25, 2019
Drabeey:

Saying he was insensitive to the killings of his own people was a callous statement

Answer my question, what do you think he should have done or shouldn't have done.

It's a simple question.
Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by etrouble: 1:31pm On Jul 25, 2019
asfrank:
Let this man be please. Did Buhari promise him anything? So because he is not filling the air with irrelevant noises like FFK & Reno makes him less a Man. I know a lot of people where expecting him to fight Tinubu and APC. You don't pick a fight you know that it is impossible for you to win.

He actually fought Tinubu and APC and the black fat idiot was beaten blue black.

1 Like

Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by Stanweezy(m): 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2019
The man could have defected during the last minute and use state machinery plus PDP strength in Lagos to wrestle power from Tinubu but he chose to be a sacrificial lamb in their hand
Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by FarahAideed: 1:42pm On Jul 25, 2019
Kingpee2:

Is he incharge of SARS ? Yet you like Buhari that is actually incharge of SARS
Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by plaindealer: 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2019
FarahAideed:

Is he incharge of SARS ? Yet you like Buhari that is actually incharge of SARS

The fact that he wasn't in charge of SARS doesn't mean he shouldn't have shown concern, look for ways to manage the situation and assure Lagosians that he was on top of the situation, that's what sensible, caring and competent leaders do.
Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by FarahAideed: 1:59pm On Jul 25, 2019
plaindealer:

The fact that he wasn't in charge of SARS doesn't mean he shouldn't have shown concern, look for ways to manage the situation and assure Lagosians that he was on top of the situation, that's what sensible, caring and competent leaders do.

Is this not the same thing Buhari is doing with the herdsmen crisis yet you still support him. Shei you can see you are a hypocrite
Re: Tribute To This Trying Time. An Open Letter To Akiwunmi Ambode by plaindealer: 2:14pm On Jul 25, 2019
FarahAideed:

Is this not the same thing Buhari is doing with the herdsmen crisis yet you still support him. Shei you can see you are a hypocrite

You are ranting about herdsmen in he wrong thread, this is about Lagos state and Ambode.

Stay on topic of start your own herdsmen thread.

(1) (Reply)

Zakzaky’s Daughter Orders Members To Fly The Palestinian Flag On Nigerian Street / 77% Benuelites Live In Mud Houses While All Luxury Homes Are Owned By Strangers / "Ex-zamfara Gov., Yari Having Secret Affairs With My Wife" -hon. Dangulbi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.