Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Please Advise A Brother. Uber or travel to Dubai - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Advise A Brother. Uber or travel to Dubai (614 Views)

I'm In A Critical Situation, Please Advise A Confused Soul. / The Pros And Cons Of being an Uber or Bolt driver / Should I Go Back Home Or Travel North For Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise A Brother. Uber or travel to Dubai by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 7:43am On Jul 25, 2019
Good morning everyone, my friend sent me this last night I chosed option 2 for him though then I decided to share here to get more opinion from more experienced people,

If you're to advice me on this 2 things which one will you suggest I do

1) travel to Dubai to work on a salary of 150k a month

Or

2) buy car and start doing uber, I might earn 200k a month

I beg if you chose option 2 then between Lagos and Abuja which state you think is better for uber

If its option 1 the condition is he will work in a company, the company will accommodate him and pay him 500$ monthly he will only feed himself that's according to a cousin brother there in Dubai
Thanks for your help

Cc Crazy man
Cc 1forall
Cc lalasticala help a brother biko
Re: Please Advise A Brother. Uber or travel to Dubai by coolqayy(m): 8:18am On Jul 25, 2019
Is Dubai permanent ? If No
Then has he calculated the profit after 2 years .if its encouraging he should go and come back to invest.
Re: Please Advise A Brother. Uber or travel to Dubai by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 8:36am On Jul 25, 2019
coolqayy:
Is Dubai permanent ? If No
Then has he calculated the profit after 2 years .if its encouraging he should go and come back to invest.

Just to go work on a 2 years Visa probably renew it there and continue staying
Re: Please Advise A Brother. Uber or travel to Dubai by 1forall: 9:25am On Jul 25, 2019
I heard many of these middle east work arrangements are fake. Nigerians over there scamming their brothers here with the hope of work abroad

Recently someone was turned back at the airport wanting to board a flight to the middle east due to false documentation that he wasn't aware of.

Not saying yours is a fake but before you decide on Dubai, I'd advise you check very well to avoid losses and disappointment.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise A Brother. Uber or travel to Dubai by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 25, 2019
I don't really know much about Dubai but i can talk about uber. Gone are those days when Drivers and Car owners were cashing out big from the platform but the market is so saturated now, fares have been slashed yet Uber commission is still the same but despite this, you can still make #30k weekly if you own and drive a Tokunbo car with a good mileage and fuel economy (1.5l - 2.0l).
Your location matters a lot in the business. You can't be living around Okokomaiko, Agbado-ijaiye, Mowe, Ibeju -Lekki and expect trips to fall from the sky . And please don't invest more than #1m -1.3m in the business, the era of buying expensive cars outrightly or on Hire purchase is gone unless you want to set yourself up for a life time of debt.

1 Like

Re: Please Advise A Brother. Uber or travel to Dubai by 1forall: 2:22pm On Jul 25, 2019
1forall:
I heard many of these middle east work arrangements are fake. Nigerians over there scamming their brothers here with the hope of work abroad

Recently someone was turned back at the airport wanting to board a flight to the middle east due to false documentation that he wasn't aware of.

Not saying yours is a fake but before you decide on Dubai, I'd advise you check very well to avoid losses and disappointment.

In today's news...

Middle East gangs using fake job offers to lure Nigerians –NAPTIP

July 25, 2019
Olaleye Aluko, Abuja

The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons on Wednesday raised the alarm over the activities of criminal gangs who used fake job vacancies and scholarships to lure Nigerians to “some of the notorious Middle East countries.”

The anti-trafficking agency said many of the victims had ended up as sex slaves while others had their organs harvested and subsequently died.

The NAPTIP Director-General, Julie Okah-Donli, gave this warning at a press conference in Abuja to commemorate the 2019 World Day Against Human Trafficking under the theme, “Human trafficking: Call your government to action.”

More: https://punchng.com/meast-gangs-using-fake-job-offers-to-lure-nigerians-naptip/amp/

1 Like

Re: Please Advise A Brother. Uber or travel to Dubai by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 4:10pm On Jul 25, 2019
1forall:

In today's news...

Middle East gangs using fake job offers to lure Nigerians –NAPTIP

July 25, 2019
Olaleye Aluko, Abuja

The National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons on Wednesday raised the alarm over the activities of criminal gangs who used fake job vacancies and scholarships to lure Nigerians to “some of the notorious Middle East countries.”

The anti-trafficking agency said many of the victims had ended up as sex slaves while others had their organs harvested and subsequently died.

The NAPTIP Director-General, Julie Okah-Donli, gave this warning at a press conference in Abuja to commemorate the 2019 World Day Against Human Trafficking under the theme, “Human trafficking: Call your government to action.”

More: https://punchng.com/meast-gangs-using-fake-job-offers-to-lure-nigerians-naptip/amp/

Haaaa

(1) (Reply)

The Chronicles Of A Nigerian Graduate ( Nigerian Graduate get in here) / MBA Or PMP, Which Should I Go For? / Write Like A Pro : A Step By Step Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.