Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

How We Won My First Hackerton - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How We Won My First Hackerton (200 Views)

38million Won On Bet9ja / Meet Adebayo Alonge Who Won The Deep Tech Global Challenge (€100,000) / Diamond Bank Worker Cries Out After He Was Sacked The Day Miracle Won Bbnaija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How We Won My First Hackerton by johnakinola2019: 9:37am On Jul 25, 2019
The day started very quietly. I just launched my Google map and found my way to Nest tech park where the do_action teams would be gathered.

I met a few folks and immediately came alive. The community is so warm and exciting online, and meeting them for the first time, we were already laughing and playing before the event kicked off. At about 11 am I was introduced to a team of 6 people I’d never met.

After introducing myself, ( I was selected for the role of Quality Assessment Manager), I met others on the team like the project manager, designer, developer, content creator, social media manager and a representative of NGO Networks. The first thing we all noticed was that each one of us could do almost everything the other can do. Immediately I knew we would win. That’s the value of learning far and wide and growing skill and expertise as I always preach to young people.

Starting with simple introductions I began delegating tasks, even before the project manager was ready to engage. From my experience, the one thing that slows down a project is lack of content.

I made sure the representatives from the NGO gave us everything we would need…

https://www.johnakinola.com.ng/index.php/2019/07/25/how-we-won-my-first-hackerton/

(1) (Reply)

COREN Double Standard / Fumigation & Pest Control Technician / Nigerian Maritime Administration And Safety World Maritime Day Essay Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.