Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Jumia Just Scammed Me Of #35,000 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jumia Just Scammed Me Of #35,000 (289 Views)

Someone Just Scammed Me From Here / Beware Of Binomo Scam, I Was Just Scammed / If You Don't Watch On These 5 Things Your Life Will Be Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumia Just Scammed Me Of #35,000 by bro1010: 12:55pm On Jul 25, 2019
I paid for a spark 3 phone which I was convinced by my cousin to buy from jumia that they deliver on time and they sell original. Unfortunately for me I ordered for the phone on the 5th of July and on the 12th a torchlight was delivered. I called the customer care line there to ask for the product to be returned but I was told that I should hold on to it that someone else will come pick it up. Lo and behold this is July 25th and no one has come to pick it up. Every time jumia will send me mails and text telling me someone will come over, the text will contain a phone number to call. I will call the number throughout the day, it's either the number is switched off or the person will not pick. In the evening they will send me a mail that they tried to reach me to retrieve the package but nobody called and nobody came to collect anything. I have evidence of all the calls I made to every number they gave me, but none picked up.

Now they are telling me they canceled my refund due to several tries. I can authoritatively tell you that Jumia is a scam, they have no intention of refunding my money that's why they sent me a torchlight so they can keep my money
Re: Jumia Just Scammed Me Of #35,000 by KendrickAyomide: 12:57pm On Jul 25, 2019
Where is your proof? Post it ASAP
Re: Jumia Just Scammed Me Of #35,000 by Lagosfinder(m): 1:04pm On Jul 25, 2019
How can you be taken serious when common evidence which you claim to have. You cant present
Re: Jumia Just Scammed Me Of #35,000 by Bilabong(m): 1:05pm On Jul 25, 2019
It means am even lucky... I ordered for a 8.0 Android version 7.0 was delivered... Oh 2800 instead of 3800mah. Don't buy online again. Advice
Re: Jumia Just Scammed Me Of #35,000 by bro1010: 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
this is the first day i called for the package to be refunded. This is proof that i called and i recieved a text that my refund has been processed and I will receive a refund in 2 weeks.

Re: Jumia Just Scammed Me Of #35,000 by Augustinaz(m): 2:32pm On Jul 25, 2019
I cant purchase any item online.
I wanted to buy a phone and instead of throwing my money away through Jumia, I went to the sellers of the original phone and purchase it at their shop. Online shops are there to rip you off.
Re: Jumia Just Scammed Me Of #35,000 by bro1010: 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2019
Attached is a mail they sent me today, even the number is switched off. they send me mails and text like this at least 3 times a week, but the funny thing is that nobody will call me, rather i will be the one to call yet, it's either the number is switched off or they wont pick. That's how we have been battling it everyday just to return an item. I buy on Amazon at least twice a week and everything is seamless. I have never has an issue that isn't reviewed in 2 days latest, with apology sef. I decided to try jumia and this is how they welcome us. people have been complaining too

Re: Jumia Just Scammed Me Of #35,000 by bro1010: 2:44pm On Jul 25, 2019
I can't seem to upload images using my phone for unknown reasons. I would have shown the entire mails i recieved and the number of times i called them and the call cards i purchsed to call them almost every day to tell them to come and pick up the item. This is how some guys in my area complained too.
Re: Jumia Just Scammed Me Of #35,000 by bro1010: 2:47pm On Jul 25, 2019
lagosfinder go through the images and find the evidence. Nairaland is not image upload friendly. i would have uploaded dozens of images
Re: Jumia Just Scammed Me Of #35,000 by bro1010: 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2019
I just copied Efcc, segalinkand policeng on twitter telling them of how they have been doing it to guys in my area and they are about to do it to me too. Jumia replied me shortly that they will come and pick up the product and i will get a refund in 2 weeks. The question is this
1. If it takes Jumia 3 days to deliver a product, shouldnt it take them less that time to return the product
2. Aren't they suppose to call the recipient to inform him/her when they are coming to pick up the product.
3. Are they not suppose to have at least one quality assurance personnel that vets every product that leaves the warehouse to reduce the return rate of their products
The return process is cumbersome and stressful, which will discourage any potential customer from patronizing them. Infact my guys have sworn never to buy from jumia ever again because they don't want to experience such
Re: Jumia Just Scammed Me Of #35,000 by Lagosfinder(m): 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2019
bro1010:
lagosfinder go through the images and find the evidence. Nairaland is not image upload friendly. i would have uploaded dozens of images
Serious the company overhaul, bad staffs are now in charge
never heard of this before

(1) (Reply)

Victimization Of Staff Of Lcc By Top Management: The True Story* / President Buhari Condoles Aliko Dangote Over The Death Of 3 Family Members. / Best Astrology Website In India: Astrotalk- Online Astrology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.