Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,681 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death (29463 Views)

Favour Oladele: Prophet, Owolabi Sentenced To Death Over Murder Of LASU Student / Favour Daley-Oladele: Boyfriend, Adeeko Owolabi Confesses On How He Killed Her / Favour Daley-Oladele Murder: Adeeko Owolabi, Pastor Segun Philip Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by TrendingGist: 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2019
Mr. Ayo Owolabi, father of Channel TV reporter, Precious Owolabi, killed during last Monday’s clash between protesting members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria and the Police has lamented his promising future has been cut short.

The 21-year-old Owolabi was a member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) posted to serve with the Channels Television in Abuja.

The late Owolabi’s body was sent to his parents in Zaria on Tuesday.

He was buried at Wusasa Cemetery amidst tears and anguish by his parents, siblings and relations.

Owolabi, in an exclusive interview, said though his son read Theatre and Performing Art, his encounter with Channels Television had made him fallen in love with journalism.

Owolabi, a Deputy Director with Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Zaria said: “Ayoade (Precious) had a promising future but it was cut short by death.

“He graduated at the age 20 and I wanted him to have a straight flight to PhD after his NYSC.

“Though, he read Theatre Art from University of Ilorin but his coming into contact with Channels Television during his NYSC had made him fallen in love with journalism.

“He was always engaged in the Channels TV job that he used to go to work on Sundays.

“In fact, his sister just bought a TV Camera tripod for him. He asked me to plan buying a camera for him. He said, he cost about N300, 000 and I told him, I will buy.”

Precious father who burst into tears as he spoke to The Nation said: “I wanted a straight flight to PhD for him but I never knew it would be a straight flight to death.” He said,

Director General of NYSC, Brig-General Shuaibu Ibrahim who was represented by the Zonal Inspector in charge of Zaria, Mrs. Silifatu Bandele described late Precious Owolabi as a hard-working patriot.

According Mrs. Bandele: “I am grieved to read this funeral oration today on behalf of the Director-General, State Coordinator FCT Abuja, staff and corps members nationwide in respect of late Precious Owolabi Ayo whose unfortunate death occurred while on duty covering the violent protest by members of Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN) in Abuja on 22nd July, 2019.

“Precious was hardworking and patriotic to his duty. He answered the clarion call to serve his fatherland and made tremendous impact right from the orientation camp to his Place of Primary Assignment at the Channels Television Abuja.

“Though, we can say unequivocally that his life was fruitful as he exhibited high sense of responsibility in assigned duties at his place of work and also outstanding in patriotic service to our nation Nigeria.

“Precious served our country without blemish and if wishes were horses, we at the NYSC family would have wished that this young boy lying before us lives on.

“However, our wishes are not God’s will. I therefore call on the bereaved family to look on to God and bear this irreparable loss. We equally pray that God grants his soul eternal rest.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/my-sons-promising-future-cut-short-father-of-channel-slain-reporter/amp/

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by TrendingGist: 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2019
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by BlackPantherxXx: 7:19pm On Jul 25, 2019
angry

Life is just cruel.

When he saw his NYSC posting - Abuja and not Borno / Yobe....

He would be celebrating it as one of the "safest" locations.

Maybe he even influenced the posting (very likely)

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by danny56: 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2019
What an unfortunate way to die as a young promising star. I pray he's a born again Christian, you can't suffer in Nigeria and suffer forever in hell too. No!!!!! angry sad

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by odiereke(m): 8:04pm On Jul 25, 2019
RIP
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by Goalnaldo(m): 11:20pm On Jul 25, 2019
The last time I checked my time last spent online I saw 26 days how come am seeing 2hrs now?
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by Opinedecandid(m): 11:21pm On Jul 25, 2019
Take heart, sir.
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by Yankiss(m): 11:22pm On Jul 25, 2019
This is a very sad reminder of the fact that Nigeria is fragile, life expectancy far precarious. Look at how an innocent Corper with bright future was cut down in his prime. The Police and Shiite protesters are trading blames, while the government is sure to do certainly nothing either to immortalize the slain or console and compensate the family. There is nothing like probe to as the trigger happy gun-wielder is gona go scot free. There was a Country!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by rentAcock(m): 11:22pm On Jul 25, 2019
Unfortunately he will not see his son use that tripod on a new camera. He will not see his son get his first paying job after graduating. He will not see his son buy him a nice tie on Father's day. He will not see his son obtain a Masters degree or PHD. He will not see his son move out of the house into his own apartment as an independent man. He will not see his son introduce the woman he wants to marry. He will not see his son walk down the aisle. He will not see his son celebrate his 30th birthday. He will not hear the cries of his grand children. He will not witness his grand child's 1st birthday. He will not witness his grand child's first day at school. He will not witness his son gift him a brand new 2030 Mercedes Benz. He will not get buried by his son.

Instead, he will bury his son. Instead, he will turn his bedroom into a memorial. Instead, he will mourn and harbor guilt. Instead, he will question if he was over ambitious in involving his son in that segment. Instead, he may turn to alcohol to drown his sorrow. Instead, he may never move on from this tragedy. Instead, he may never forgive himself. Instead, he may hang himself from the ceiling fan.

No matter what has happened, may he find solace in knowing that his son died for a noble cause. May he find peace in appreciating his son's effort in bringing to light the the evil of terrorism slowing taking over Nigeria. May he find comfort in knowing that his son's death has shone a spotlight on the insecurity and extremism in our country. And if anything, may he find peace in knowing that his son died a martyr and he will never be forgotten. A life cut short so that Buhari and other government officials can finally take this issue of fulani herdsmen front and centre before we all face the same fate as Precious Owolabi.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by densiks: 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2019
I feel so broken

It’s too painful to see this young lad cut short in such a manner.

His death must be avenged somehow and those directly or indirectly responsible will carry the full weight of the repercussion.

“The arc of the moral universe is long but bends towards natural justice’

May his young and gentle soul Rest In Peace

10 Likes

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by SoftP(m): 11:25pm On Jul 25, 2019
So touching, May God console his family

This country is bleeding.

We need God's divine intervention.

7 Likes

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by princety24(m): 11:26pm On Jul 25, 2019
May his soul rest in Peace..�����
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuu_aLGt4CY
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 25, 2019
I feel his pain. Its such an unfortunate incident embarassed.

3 Likes

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by allanphash7(m): 11:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
Life is not cruel but not fair

We all live to die

RIP to the dead
BlackPantherxXx:
angry

Life is just cruel.

When he saw his NYSC posting - Abuja and not Borno / Yobe....

He would be celebrating it as one of the "safest" locations.

Maybe he even influenced the posting (very likely)

1 Like

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by Oyeleye101(m): 11:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
What a loss cry

1 Like

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by blesskewe(f): 11:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
I weak for this one

I swear down

Bubu u shall feel this pain this family is feeling
Forget say u Money oooooo
But u go feel am cry

2 Likes

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by ArmaniUhuru: 11:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
His blood is in Buhari’s coconut head.

Rip Precious
May God comfort his family.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by abbaapple: 11:35pm On Jul 25, 2019
angry

Man propose God dispose! RIP
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by labusinessguide: 11:36pm On Jul 25, 2019
S. A. D
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by kingk(m): 11:37pm On Jul 25, 2019
Director General of NYSC, Brig-General Shuaibu Ibrahim who was represented by the Zonal Inspector in charge of Zaria, Mrs. Silifatu Bandele described late Precious Owolabi as a hard-working patriot.

May God help us all. Imagine that statement on bold....and someone somewhere without complete credentials, openly called precious and fellow hardworking patriots a LAZY YOUTH.

E be like say thunder no de visit again; because, e need visit all of them Wey open mouth take talk that rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by KomonSense: 11:39pm On Jul 25, 2019
Iti
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by kingk(m): 11:43pm On Jul 25, 2019
SoftP:
So touching, May God console his family

This country is bleeding.

We need God's divine intervention.

Nnwanne.....God don intervene finish since but the remaining dey our hand.

2 Likes

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by daylae(m): 11:45pm On Jul 25, 2019
Only God can console you for your loss sir.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by ichidodo: 11:53pm On Jul 25, 2019
Blame Channels..blame Buhari..
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by Chukalemon(m): 12:01am On Jul 26, 2019
Death is inevitable and that's the fact every human being must accept.rip brotherly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap 3 Travellers In Osun / We Were Kidnapped By Southerners In Delta, Handed Over To Fulani For Ransom Nego / Soldier Attacks A Driver With Cutlass In Edo, Destroys His Car (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.