Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,610 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death (29476 Views)

Favour Oladele: Prophet, Owolabi Sentenced To Death Over Murder Of LASU Student / Favour Daley-Oladele: Boyfriend, Adeeko Owolabi Confesses On How He Killed Her / Favour Daley-Oladele Murder: Adeeko Owolabi, Pastor Segun Philip Arrested (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by wizardus: 12:04am On Jul 26, 2019
TrendingGist:
Mr. Ayo Owolabi, father of Channel TV reporter, Precious Owolabi, killed during last Monday’s clash between protesting members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria and the Police has lamented his promising future has been cut short.

The 21-year-old Owolabi was a member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) posted to serve with the Channels Television in Abuja.

The late Owolabi’s body was sent to his parents in Zaria on Tuesday.

He was buried at Wusasa Cemetery amidst tears and anguish by his parents, siblings and relations.

Owolabi, in an exclusive interview, said though his son read Theatre and Performing Art, his encounter with Channels Television had made him fallen in love with journalism.

Owolabi, a Deputy Director with Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Zaria said: “Ayoade (Precious) had a promising future but it was cut short by death.

“He graduated at the age 20 and I wanted him to have a straight flight to PhD after his NYSC.

“Though, he read Theatre Art from University of Ilorin but his coming into contact with Channels Television during his NYSC had made him fallen in love with journalism.

“He was always engaged in the Channels TV job that he used to go to work on Sundays.

“In fact, his sister just bought a TV Camera tripod for him. He asked me to plan buying a camera for him. He said, he cost about N300, 000 and I told him, I will buy.”

Precious father who burst into tears as he spoke to The Nation said: “I wanted a straight flight to PhD for him but I never knew it would be a straight flight to death.” He said,

Director General of NYSC, Brig-General Shuaibu Ibrahim who was represented by the Zonal Inspector in charge of Zaria, Mrs. Silifatu Bandele described late Precious Owolabi as a hard-working patriot.

According Mrs. Bandele: “I am grieved to read this funeral oration today on behalf of the Director-General, State Coordinator FCT Abuja, staff and corps members nationwide in respect of late Precious Owolabi Ayo whose unfortunate death occurred while on duty covering the violent protest by members of Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN) in Abuja on 22nd July, 2019.

“Precious was hardworking and patriotic to his duty. He answered the clarion call to serve his fatherland and made tremendous impact right from the orientation camp to his Place of Primary Assignment at the Channels Television Abuja.

“Though, we can say unequivocally that his life was fruitful as he exhibited high sense of responsibility in assigned duties at his place of work and also outstanding in patriotic service to our nation Nigeria.

“Precious served our country without blemish and if wishes were horses, we at the NYSC family would have wished that this young boy lying before us lives on.

“However, our wishes are not God’s will. I therefore call on the bereaved family to look on to God and bear this irreparable loss. We equally pray that God grants his soul eternal rest.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/my-sons-promising-future-cut-short-father-of-channel-slain-reporter/amp/

Breaking: presidency gives update, react to video of aids worker claim that leah sharibu killed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlPLesTm4JU
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by seunmohmoh(f): 12:06am On Jul 26, 2019
So sad.
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by magicminister: 12:12am On Jul 26, 2019
I’m surprised that people have all of a sudden become compassionate like this isn’t the daily life in Nigeria. Few days ago, a young man with tattoos was arrested and gunned down because of his tattoos.

Life is short in Nigeria and everyday above ground in Naija is a miracle.
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by northvietnam(m): 12:18am On Jul 26, 2019
grin grin grin grin Oga did you vote for buhari?

Yes or No
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by demexTK(m): 12:44am On Jul 26, 2019
In peace, sons bury their fathers, and in war, Fathers bury sons.
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by jeroncomputers(m): 12:53am On Jul 26, 2019
RIP
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by Nobody: 12:58am On Jul 26, 2019
Life!

Death!

If death is inevitable and without timetable, why are we always in shock when it happens?

If death will claim the successes of the successful and the failures of the failure, why do the time matters?

If the statistic that over 150million people die per year is true, what makes you think you'll be excluded from a particular batch?... Faith? Destiny?

Instead of typing RIP and saying prayers of panic, why can't you take every death as your death in disguise, reflect deeply on every news/events of death, live every moment like your last and gradually reduce your desperation for and attachment to things death don't respect.

Anybody can die anytime, death has no respect for your plan or your self designed destiny. Forget your f*cking confidence.

I don't think the dead need our sympathy or RIP slogan, maybe the relatives - but what is the use when it will still happen.

My view
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by Nobody: 1:14am On Jul 26, 2019
Very sad
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by snrguy5(m): 3:33am On Jul 26, 2019
Do you have WordPress issues? You need help to fix, let me solve your problems now!
✓ 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed

I have completed a lot of jobs with 100% positive feedback. My experience allows to quickly and effectively troubleshoot any issue you are having with WordPress and get it resolved for you.

What will you get from me:
✓ White Screen of Death
✓ Error Establishing Database Connection.
✓ Fix Plugin issues
✓ Fix WordPress errors
✓ Fix Layout Issues
✓ Fix Login Problem
✓ Fix PHP, HTML & CSS Errors
✓ Fix Plugins Problem
✓ Fix Broken Layout
✔ Fix responsive CSS issue.
✔ Plugin customization
✔ Develop any plugin as per you need
✔ Security issue.
✔ Customize theme.
✔ And anything related to WordPress.

then click below let me help you or inbox me
https://www.fiverr.com/share/3dZxV
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by Unconquerable: 3:53am On Jul 26, 2019
BlackPantherxXx:

Life is just cruel.

When he saw his NYSC posting - Abuja and not Borno / Yobe....

He would be celebrating it as one of the "safest" locations.

Maybe he even influenced the posting (very likely)
Very true statement. Death will come when and where it will come.
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by EagleNest(m): 4:11am On Jul 26, 2019
This young lard should not die in vain ooo! angry
His killers must be fished out. His name should be immortalised. Channel TV should really make noise about this. BTW, reckless killings is becoming rampant. What is govt doing?

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by IjebuWarrior: 4:22am On Jul 26, 2019
Goalnaldo:
The last time I checked my time last spent online I saw 26 days how come am seeing 2hrs now?

Yaba Left...

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by Ndipe(m): 4:42am On Jul 26, 2019
BlackPantherxXx:

Life is just cruel.

Very crass comment. Someone is grieving the death of their child and you are here implying that he might have influenced his son's posting to Abuja over Borno/Yobe. This is crass, completely out of line.
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by D1zion: 4:50am On Jul 26, 2019
Is very hard & painful for one to loose a loved one.especially at a young age when that person is a responsible person in the family & society as a whole. Is unfortunate that he died this way,but I know God never design for us to die young.I know the father would have wished to have died in place of his son as children are to bury their patents & not the other way round.I pray he find peace in the lord in Jesus precious name.
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by akdjr(m): 4:55am On Jul 26, 2019
Very sad. Death is inevitable the day it comes no one escape it. I have always wish to die during sleep @84years and I have already started my countdown.
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by Jabila: 5:36am On Jul 26, 2019
It's all written in the stars
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by bukatyne(f): 5:37am On Jul 26, 2019
God console his family especially parents. Amen.
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by anonimi: 5:58am On Jul 26, 2019
SoftP:
So touching, May God console his family

This country is bleeding.

We need God's divine intervention.

Please what will God's divine intervention bless if there is no work by the people towards what they yearn for
I don't get it. Please explain. Thanks.

P.S: Nice image in your post, by the way

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4138528_fbimg1471362711749_jpeg32428b294a57b4debde63e3fd7301227

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by anonimi: 6:02am On Jul 26, 2019
blesskewe:
I weak for this one

I swear down

Bubu u shall feel this pain this family is feeling
Forget say u Money oooooo
But u go feel am cry

Amen.....................but it is taking too long for him to feel it.
Do you know why

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027919_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by anonimi: 6:04am On Jul 26, 2019
kingk:
Nnwanne.....God don intervene finish since but the remaining dey our hand.

God bless you for this.
Amen.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160988_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by BigBashiru: 6:27am On Jul 26, 2019
TrendingGist:
Mr. Ayo Owolabi, father of Channel TV reporter, Precious Owolabi, killed during last Monday’s clash between protesting members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria and the Police has lamented his promising future has been cut short.

The 21-year-old Owolabi was a member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) posted to serve with the Channels Television in Abuja.

The late Owolabi’s body was sent to his parents in Zaria on Tuesday.

He was buried at Wusasa Cemetery amidst tears and anguish by his parents, siblings and relations.

Owolabi, in an exclusive interview, said though his son read Theatre and Performing Art, his encounter with Channels Television had made him fallen in love with journalism.

Owolabi, a Deputy Director with Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital, Zaria said: “Ayoade (Precious) had a promising future but it was cut short by death.

“He graduated at the age 20 and I wanted him to have a straight flight to PhD after his NYSC.

“Though, he read Theatre Art from University of Ilorin but his coming into contact with Channels Television during his NYSC had made him fallen in love with journalism.

“He was always engaged in the Channels TV job that he used to go to work on Sundays.

“In fact, his sister just bought a TV Camera tripod for him. He asked me to plan buying a camera for him. He said, he cost about N300, 000 and I told him, I will buy.”

Precious father who burst into tears as he spoke to The Nation said: “I wanted a straight flight to PhD for him but I never knew it would be a straight flight to death.” He said,

Director General of NYSC, Brig-General Shuaibu Ibrahim who was represented by the Zonal Inspector in charge of Zaria, Mrs. Silifatu Bandele described late Precious Owolabi as a hard-working patriot.

According Mrs. Bandele: “I am grieved to read this funeral oration today on behalf of the Director-General, State Coordinator FCT Abuja, staff and corps members nationwide in respect of late Precious Owolabi Ayo whose unfortunate death occurred while on duty covering the violent protest by members of Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN) in Abuja on 22nd July, 2019.

“Precious was hardworking and patriotic to his duty. He answered the clarion call to serve his fatherland and made tremendous impact right from the orientation camp to his Place of Primary Assignment at the Channels Television Abuja.

“Though, we can say unequivocally that his life was fruitful as he exhibited high sense of responsibility in assigned duties at his place of work and also outstanding in patriotic service to our nation Nigeria.

“Precious served our country without blemish and if wishes were horses, we at the NYSC family would have wished that this young boy lying before us lives on.

“However, our wishes are not God’s will. I therefore call on the bereaved family to look on to God and bear this irreparable loss. We equally pray that God grants his soul eternal rest.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/my-sons-promising-future-cut-short-father-of-channel-slain-reporter/amp/

Until we address toxic masculinity in males, the world will continue to be a bad place. In western countries there is strong animosity and resentment towards males over the violent conduct of men and men's overrepresentation in crime. Through the years I have never seen women shiite shooters or women fighters that shoot sporadically killing 20. Even if they are are they are extremely rare. The violent conduct of men affects us all if it does not affect you now, it may affect your children. Say no to toxic masculinity. We need a feminist take over of the world!!

You can imagine spending years bring up your child, paying school fees, seeing your child's bright future, only for your child to be violently murdered by toxic males if it's not shiite its biko haram or kidnapping. So we should all be feminists!!
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by Lekanboii: 7:17am On Jul 26, 2019
Neat iphone 6s Plus 128GB for sale. Call or whatsapp 09068five35652. Lagos-Ikotun. Only Serious buyers should chat or call pls
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by Omoslim26: 7:28am On Jul 26, 2019
Rip to the young man
if dis shitite issue is treated wit kids glove it will be anoda chaos in dis already troubled nation
cant somebori help us to give buhari
a special apple
a special tea
or a special letter
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 26, 2019
So sad, RIP Precious the diamond was talking suddenly from the family of owolabi.

Drastic approach needed to be taking now against the so called Islamic Movement before Nigeria begins to nurse another religious extremists handing with political and economy instability in this country.
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by STENON(f): 7:43am On Jul 26, 2019
RIP Bro. A great lesson for other corps members, use your brain while on service, don't do it all for those full time/ permanent staff at your PPA.

SMH!!!

Nigerians will not do any protest on this topic but can trek from Lagos to Abuja for the Dakolos.

The Problem of Nigeria is Nigerians
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by foreshore(m): 8:04am On Jul 26, 2019
BlackPantherxXx:

Life is just cruel.

My Bro, no where is safe. Only God is safe
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by mrdrama: 8:06am On Jul 26, 2019
densiks:
I feel so broken

It’s too painful to see this young lad cut short in such a manner.

His death must be avenged somehow and those directly or indirectly responsible will carry the full weight of the repercussion.

“The arc of the moral universe is long but bends towards natural justice’

May his young and gentle soul Rest In Peace

You just spoke my mind. Sad cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by blesskewe(f): 8:10am On Jul 26, 2019
anonimi:

Amen.....................but it is taking too long for him to feel it.
Do you know why

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027919_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

Cuz his on top abi
Re: Ayo Owolabi, Father Of Precious Owolabi Speaks On His Death by Internet247(m): 9:45am On Jul 26, 2019
rest in peace man !!
we journalist always in the process of trynna source news and we pray we don't end on the news

Nigerian-Ghanaian Woman Caught Selling "Human Flesh As Fried Meat" In Ghana / Soldier Attacks A Driver With Cutlass In Edo, Destroys His Car (Photos) / Driver Plots Boss’ Kidnap In Lagos Because She 'Maltreated Him' (pictured)