Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,578 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Terrible State Of Area 1 Abuja After Today Downpour (pictures) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Terrible State Of Area 1 Abuja After Today Downpour (pictures) (586 Views)

Lady Swept Away By Flood After Heavy Downpour In Owerri, Imo State (Video) / Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) / Heavy Food In Benin City After Today's Rainfall (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrible State Of Area 1 Abuja After Today Downpour (pictures) by omoiyalayi(m): 8:06pm On Jul 25, 2019
This is what popular area 1 under bridge in abuja has turned to after the rain today

I passed through the area this morning going to old federal Secretariat it was terrible I couldn't continue with the journey

I had to turn back thinking before evening it would have subside but to my greatest surprise this evening when I got there it was still the same

The whole of area 1 under bridge was totally submerged by the flood

I hope the government do something about it

See pix

Re: Terrible State Of Area 1 Abuja After Today Downpour (pictures) by General0847: 8:15pm On Jul 25, 2019
omoiyalayi:
This is what popular area 1 under bridge in abuja has turned to after the rain today

I passed through the area this morning going to old federal Secretariat it was terrible I couldn't continue with the journey

I had to turn back thinking before evening it would have subside but to my greatest surprise this evening when I got there it was still the same

The whole of area 1 under bridge was totally submerged by the flood

I hope the government do something about it

See pix

Terrible. When this place is not flooded its extremely dirty and congested, AEPB and FCDA needs to do better.
The past minister of FCT was one of the worst ever and he's likely going to return. smh
Re: Terrible State Of Area 1 Abuja After Today Downpour (pictures) by Aonkuuse(m): 8:32pm On Jul 25, 2019
This is terrible, when will the world overcome flooding
Re: Terrible State Of Area 1 Abuja After Today Downpour (pictures) by Kkings11: 8:39pm On Jul 25, 2019
"I hope the government do something about it"

Dear OP

We know we don't like the way the country is being run, but the thing is the government have actually done their part, Yes I know the federal capital is supposed to have a better drainage system but the one being provided by government is being used as dumping sites by us THE CITIZENS,

When will it ever occur to us that we are part of the government and we have our own roles to play.

The governance of this country doesn't just rest on the shoulders of the leaders alone it is a joint project.

The only thing the government can do now is to clear the blocked drainages but I can confidently tell you that the next heavy rain will see the drainage blocked again because the average Nigerian see drainages during period of rain as dumping sites without taking into consideration that the rain is going to stop thereby stopping the movement of the dirt being thrown into the drainage.

Let us all do our part and help the government make easier decisions
Re: Terrible State Of Area 1 Abuja After Today Downpour (pictures) by nwaanambra1(m): 8:48pm On Jul 25, 2019
you dey ask government to do something! this op u funny self!

when government told u that FCT residents are necessary evil u think they are joking?

you are here complaining of flood whn you should be thanking your God buhari has not yet handed the place over to herdsmen to use as RUGA!
Re: Terrible State Of Area 1 Abuja After Today Downpour (pictures) by Nbote(m): 9:03pm On Jul 25, 2019
General0847:

Terrible. When this place is not flooded its extremely dirty and congested, AEPB and FCDA needs to do better.
The past minister of FCT was one of the worst ever and he's likely going to return. smh

The ediot are more interested in chasing and arresting street hawkers
Re: Terrible State Of Area 1 Abuja After Today Downpour (pictures) by KendrickAyomide: 9:14pm On Jul 25, 2019
grin grin grin Banana republic
Re: Terrible State Of Area 1 Abuja After Today Downpour (pictures) by Amuocha: 9:37pm On Jul 25, 2019
Buhari sef
Re: Terrible State Of Area 1 Abuja After Today Downpour (pictures) by Saintp(m): 10:42pm On Jul 25, 2019
Kkings11:
"I hope the government do something about it"

Dear OP

We know we don't like the way the country is being run, but the thing is the government have actually done their part, Yes I know the federal capital is supposed to have a better drainage system but the one being provided by government is being used as dumping sites by us THE CITIZENS,

When will it ever occur to us that we are part of the government and we have our own roles to play.

The governance of this country doesn't just rest on the shoulders of the leaders alone it is a joint project.

The only thing the government can do now is to clear the blocked drainages but I can confidently tell you that the next heavy rain will see the drainage blocked again because the average Nigerian see drainages during period of rain as dumping sites without taking into consideration that the rain is going to stop thereby stopping the movement of the dirt being thrown into the drainage.

Let us all do our part and help the government make easier decisions

Why would there be an open drainage in the first place? The idiot's in charge of the affairs of the country have traveled all over the world more than the average Nigerian. When they travel, do they see any open d?gutter there? Why would they come and build nonsense and blame it on citizens? Is a crime for Nigerians to have a well built and structured environment? Bros take ya time ooo

(1) (Reply)

Worlds Best Fountain Found In Japan. / How Can Some1 Living In Gambia, Get An Hotel Jobs / Concluding Part Of My Air Peace Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.