Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,553 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Concluding Part Of My Air Peace Review - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Concluding Part Of My Air Peace Review (579 Views)

Air Peace Has Refused To Refund My Air Fare / Air Peace Acquires Boeing B777-200 Aircraft; Sets New Record / Cows At Akure Airport Prevent Air Peace From Landing. Fayose, FFK React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Concluding Part Of My Air Peace Review by naija2(f): 9:53pm On Nov 03, 2019
Sorry for the delay as I needed a much needed rest from the experience I had with air peace.
After making passengers wait on ground for hours and giving us snack of pop corn, very small croissant (that even a kid would not be ok with), a box of 50 naira chi exotic drink and a very small bottle of water. This was not enough as passengers decided to go out and get their own food for the night. This incurred more charges on the passengers because food wasn’t that cheep at the airport. We that had no cash on us because we felt we would be on the plane at that time and would have gotten a meal we’re left to swallow our spit and have an Unrequired fasting period. A little while later, a young man came to us to tell us that our luggages had been transferred to another plane and they have to take the plane away and bring in another one and we should hold on a little while later( We all knew that was a lie). After saying his bit, the young man left us to our troubles and we were left to wallow in our misery. We spoke within ourselves that it was a definite lie and they were definitely waiting for the plane that went to Ghana to come back and pick us up because a plane from airpeace actually picked up passengers to Ghana while we were waiting. While still talking amongst ourselves, a man started shouting and was obviously extremely angry. Apparently, his visa was about to expire and it was too late for him to go. If we had gone earlier at the appropriate time, he would still have gotten there on time and would have taken a flight back to Nigeria(He probably just needed the stamp on his passport). During his outburst, other people started speaking up and we got to know those who had connecting flight to other countries have definitely missed their flight and would have to book another flight to their destination(talk about waste of hard earned money). No one else from airpeace came back to us to calm us down, not until an uproar started and we were led to another gate to board another plane(showed the passengers were right about them waiting for the plane from Ghana to show up) we had to present our boarding pass again and we entered the plane. Cleaned up but still showed that it was definitely just used by passengers. The hostesses tried their best to keep us all calm and we had our seats. We had to ask for missing stuffs that were needed, like headsets, blankets and the likes but the tv wasn’t really working as the movie or song you try to play keeps stopping mid way and you probably have to start again, or it wasn’t even working at all. We didn’t mind any more cause we just wanted to get to our destination. The pilot apologized and said our safety was paramount and we had to wait for a passenger they were waiting for who must have gone somewhere at the airport due to the delay. We waited and minutes later, the pilot announced that it was time to depart. We all belted up and when I looked around, I noticed Nigerians find it hard to listen to paramount instructions if switching off your phones and actually being seated when the plane is about take off. Some still had their phone on and some decided it was time to visit the loo. I tried to tell them they are to be seated but didn’t listen until they were turned back by the hostess. The plane started to take off and it was a bumpy take off. Moving from left to right and I heard the sense to pray to my God for protection and forgiveness of sins. It was still a bumpy ride while the plane was on air and the hostesses moved around to serve food and drinks for everyoner(didn’t eat mine and passed it on to the next passenger). Passengers started to sleep after a much tiring day of waiting. Refreshments were served later on and everyone was at peace on air peace. After 6 hours plus of unrest from me mostly, it was announced that the plane was getting ready to land at Sharjah. That’s was when passengers knew they wanted to use the washroom. It got to the extent that the hostesses had to start knocking the toilet doors for them to be seated because the belt sign was up and everyone had to be seated for that. We landed and it was with much relief from everyone (especially me). We disembarked from the plane and we were transported to the arriver terminal and we all checked in. I was able to finish all processes by 12 pm in the afternoon Dubai time and I got a cab straight home( I didn’t know when I slept off and was woken up by my father who came to pick me up).

I noticed no foreigners were on the plane with us and that could be attributed to the fact that not only we don’t trust our products, even Foriegners don’t. Which is not a good sign. This airline started months Ago which means it is too soon to start having major issues on planes. This is giving a bad outlook to their prospective customers and not a good look to foreigners also. They need to step up their games on mantainance, operations and every other things because after what happened, lots of passnagers said they would not every try that again.

Operational issues is not what we can avoid but with good customer relation who can at all times come to calm us down on the present situation would have lightened the thoughts in our minds.

I give kudos to the hostesses for their professionalism despite all what was happening and they definitely had it top notch.

Air peace needs to do better because they just started and need to be better competitors to the likes of Emirates and Qatar airlines.

Thank you and I would be doing more reviews soon.
Have a blessed day.
Re: Concluding Part Of My Air Peace Review by Yames70(m): 11:54pm On Nov 03, 2019
Thank God u arrived safely.

(1) (Reply)

On Checkpoints In Nigeria's Southeast / See First Country To Kick Start The New Year(2020) / Where Is The Best Destination To Spend Your Honeymoon On A Low Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.