Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? (1134 Views)

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? / Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? / Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by rottennaija(m): 10:50pm On Jul 25, 2019
David Lapinski, was once a Jehovah's Witness, knows a lot about them
Updated Oct 30, 2017

In this answer, I will discuss two different matters that are entirely relevant to this question. Firstly, have Jehovah’s Witnesses claimed to be prophets? And, secondly, are they actually prophets?

According to the understanding of Jehovah’s Witnesses, one can be a prophet in two different senses. You can be a prophet in the sense that you are inspired by God and that you utter new predictions that allegedly come down from God himself, or you can be a “prophet” (notice the quotation marks) in the sense that you are the only one who is able to properly understand the prophecies from the Bible (which means that they aren’t technically new prophecies) and that you are the only one who is preaching “the truth” to the masses.

In the first sense of the expression, they don’t claim to be prophets. They don’t prophesy in the sense that they utter new predictions from God that were previously non-existent. Rather, they claim to be “prophets” in the second sense that they are the only true religion which properly understands the meaning of the Bible prophecies, and that they are the only ones who are spreading true knowledge of God’s will to the people.

If I should be honest, however, it seems to me that the Governing Body have purposely made up the second definition in order to influence their followers. This group of seven old men want Jehovah’s Witnesses to follow them without question, so what better way to make that happen than to convince their followers that they are prophets, even if in some skewed sense of the word? By comparing themselves to prophets and applying this sort of semantic change, they attempt to influence the attitude with which Jehovah’s Witnesses regard the Governing Body. It seems to me that this word manipulation, at which cults are often experts, may be connected to the metaphor framing effect (see “Metaphors We Think With” by Thibodeau and Boroditsky) 1 and semantic somatotopy (see “Grasping Ideas with the Motor System” by Boulenger, Hauk and Pulvermuller.) 2

In fact, the Watchtower does have a long history of claiming to be modern-day “prophets” in God’s name. In Watchtower, 1972, April 1, on pages 197–199, they claim to be not only “prophets” but also “modern-day Ezekiel … commissioned by Jehovah to declare the good news.” In Revelation—Its Grand Climax at Hand! on page 164, they compare their leadership to the two witnesses of Revelation that prophesy accurately. In The Nations Shall Know that I am Jehovah—How? on pages 59 and 61, they claim to be “commissioned to serve as the mouthpiece and active agent of Jehovah” and to have, bestowed upon them by God himself, the “commission to speak as a prophet in the name of Jehovah.” In Watchtower, 1931, Nov 1, on page 327, they claim, “The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man’s opinion is expressed in The Watchtower.”

It is rather evident that Jehovah’s Witnesses do regard even the second sense of the term “prophet” with particular significance. The Governing Body aren’t just “prophets”; they are the mouthpiece of God, and if you disagree with them, you are disagreeing with the truth—even though they themselves admit that their “truth” changes according to the doctrine of new light.

Now, are they actually prophets of God? I don’t believe that for a second. Not only do I not believe in God, but also it’s a matter of fact that Jehovah’s Witnesses have a long history of making false predictions about the end of the world. They had claimed in the past that the Armageddon was supposed to come in 1914, 1925, and 1975. Then, they had applied in the past numerous changes to their doctrines—something that shouldn’t have happened regardless of what kind of “prophets” they are.

Jehovah’s Witnesses attempt to rationalize these failures by saying that the Governing Body aren’t actually inspired of God. They are merely being directed by the holy spirit. Frankly, I cannot see the difference, and I very much doubt that there is a single Witnesses who can explain it rationally and logically. How can the Governing Body be directed but not inspired? How can they be prophets in the sense that they are the only ones who preach the true interpretation of the Bible and its prophecies, even though they’re not inspired but directed in some ambiguous way? How is the holy spirit directing them if they are constantly changing their doctrines and interpretation of Bible prophecies? Their view of the Governing Body (that they are “prophets” directed, though categorically not inspired, by God) is akin to their overlapping generations doctrine. It doesn’t make sense no matter how hard you try to explain it, no matter how hard you try to twist the meaning of the words you use.

1. http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016782

2. https://academic.oup.com/cercor/article/19/8/1905/410149/Grasping-Ideas-with-the-Motor-System-Semantic

2 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 25, 2019
rottennaija:
Updated Oct 30, 2017

In this answer, I will discuss two different matters that are entirely relevant to this question. Firstly, have Jehovah’s Witnesses claimed to be prophets? And, secondly, are they actually prophets?

According to the understanding of Jehovah’s Witnesses, one can be a prophet in two different senses. You can be a prophet in the sense that you are inspired by God and that you utter new predictions that allegedly come down from God himself, or you can be a “prophet” (notice the quotation marks) in the sense that you are the only one who is able to properly understand the prophecies from the Bible (which means that they aren’t technically new prophecies) and that you are the only one who is preaching “the truth” to the masses.

In the first sense of the expression, they don’t claim to be prophets. They don’t prophesy in the sense that they utter new predictions from God that were previously non-existent. Rather, they claim to be “prophets” in the second sense that they are the only true religion which properly understands the meaning of the Bible prophecies, and that they are the only ones who are spreading true knowledge of God’s will to the people.

If I should be honest, however, it seems to me that the Governing Body have purposely made up the second definition in order to influence their followers. This group of seven old men want Jehovah’s Witnesses to follow them without question, so what better way to make that happen than to convince their followers that they are prophets, even if in some skewed sense of the word? By comparing themselves to prophets and applying this sort of semantic change, they attempt to influence the attitude with which Jehovah’s Witnesses regard the Governing Body. It seems to me that this word manipulation, at which cults are often experts, may be connected to the metaphor framing effect (see “Metaphors We Think With” by Thibodeau and Boroditsky) 1 and semantic somatotopy (see “Grasping Ideas with the Motor System” by Boulenger, Hauk and Pulvermuller.) 2

In fact, the Watchtower does have a long history of claiming to be modern-day “prophets” in God’s name. In Watchtower, 1972, April 1, on pages 197–199, they claim to be not only “prophets” but also “modern-day Ezekiel … commissioned by Jehovah to declare the good news.” In Revelation—Its Grand Climax at Hand! on page 164, they compare their leadership to the two witnesses of Revelation that prophesy accurately. In The Nations Shall Know that I am Jehovah—How? on pages 59 and 61, they claim to be “commissioned to serve as the mouthpiece and active agent of Jehovah” and to have, bestowed upon them by God himself, the “commission to speak as a prophet in the name of Jehovah.” In Watchtower, 1931, Nov 1, on page 327, they claim, “The Watchtower is not the instrument of any man or set of men, nor is it published according to the whims of men. No man’s opinion is expressed in The Watchtower.”

It is rather evident that Jehovah’s Witnesses do regard even the second sense of the term “prophet” with particular significance. The Governing Body aren’t just “prophets”; they are the mouthpiece of God, and if you disagree with them, you are disagreeing with the truth—even though they themselves admit that their “truth” changes according to the doctrine of new light.

Now, are they actually prophets of God? I don’t believe that for a second. Not only do I not believe in God, but also it’s a matter of fact that Jehovah’s Witnesses have a long history of making false predictions about the end of the world. They had claimed in the past that the Armageddon was supposed to come in 1914, 1925, and 1975. Then, they had applied in the past numerous changes to their doctrines—something that shouldn’t have happened regardless of what kind of “prophets” they are.

Jehovah’s Witnesses attempt to rationalize these failures by saying that the Governing Body aren’t actually inspired of God. They are merely being directed by the holy spirit. Frankly, I cannot see the difference, and I very much doubt that there is a single Witnesses who can explain it rationally and logically. How can the Governing Body be directed but not inspired? How can they be prophets in the sense that they are the only ones who preach the true interpretation of the Bible and its prophecies, even though they’re not inspired but directed in some ambiguous way? How is the holy spirit directing them if they are constantly changing their doctrines and interpretation of Bible prophecies? Their view of the Governing Body (that they are “prophets” directed, though categorically not inspired, by God) is akin to their overlapping generations doctrine. It doesn’t make sense no matter how hard you try to explain it, no matter how hard you try to twist the meaning of the words you use.

2. https://academic.oup.com/cercor/article/19/8/1905/410149/Grasping-Ideas-with-the-Motor-System-Semantic

Haaaaaaa, now i understand what is wrong with you! cheesy

Well you can continue pilling up posts upon posts, there is nothing as in NOTHING you can do to stop God's people. cheesy

Goodbye! wink

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by rottennaija(m): 11:13pm On Jul 25, 2019
Maximus69:

Haaaaaaa, now i understand what is wrong with you! cheesy

Well you can continue pilling up posts upon posts, there is nothing as in NOTHING you can do to stop God's people. cheesy

Goodbye! wink

You don't even have the slightest idea of what I am doing. Besides, I still have so many post lining up.

5 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by TruthinAction: 10:39am On Jul 26, 2019
rottennaija:
Updated Oct 30, 2017

They are false prophets and anti Christ. I pray for God to deliver some that have ignorantly joined them.

5 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Janosky: 2:35pm On Jul 26, 2019
TruthinAction:

They are false prophets and anti Christ. I pray for God to deliver some that have ignorantly joined them.

Person wey dey lie say God go resurrect Adam again and torture am, na Christian him be ?

Person wey say him dey witness for Jesus, but he no know who sent Jesus to do witness, na Christian him be ?

Person wey no know who Jesus Christ command him disciples to witness for, na Christian be that?
Matt24:14. John 7:16. Acts8:12.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Janosky: 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2019
TruthinAction:

Person wey dey lie say God go resurrect Adam again and torture am, na Christian him be ?

Person wey say him dey witness for Jesus, but he no know who sent Jesus to do witness, na Christian him be ?

Person wey no know who Jesus Christ command him disciples to witness for, na Christian be that?

Rotten in sifia pains.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by TruthinAction: 1:55pm On Jul 27, 2019
Janosky:

Rotten in sifia pains.

Please ask someone to help you communicate your point properly. I really don't understand what you are trying to say.

2 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by xaggar(m): 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2019
TruthinAction:

Please ask someone to help you communicate your point properly. I really don't understand what you are trying to say.

Come to think of it, have you ever excelled in your arguments against Jehovah's Witnesses?

Sometimes I feel you are are just trying to understand something you know you aren't taught in your denomination. Well, if my feeling is right, I'll say why don't you just create a new thread with questions: because you go old for these yeye criticisms.

3 Likes

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by TruthinAction: 11:36pm On Jul 27, 2019
xaggar:

Come to think of it, have you ever excelled in your arguments against Jehovah's Witnesses?

Sometimes I feel you are are just trying to understand something you know you aren't taught in your denomination. Well, if my feeling is right, I'll say why don't you just create a new thread with questions: because you go old for these yeye criticisms.

You are not happy I am exposing your lies. And I will keep exposing them. Hopeless group that do not even believe that Jesus is coming back to take us home. You just suffer yourself under the sun and rain preaching doctrines of devils and I should keep quiet. I have many more things to expose of this wicked group. Your punishment is sure if you don't repent.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by xaggar(m): 12:54am On Jul 28, 2019
TruthinAction:

You are not happy I am exposing your lies. And I will keep exposing them. Hopeless group that do not even believe that Jesus is coming back to take us home. You just suffer yourself under the sun and rain preaching doctrines of devils and I should keep quiet. I have many more things to expose of this wicked group. Your punishment is sure if you don't repent.

Continue with your ignorance and stereotypical criticism. Truth is you are creating an avenue (through this medium) for us to teach others the meaning of our stance and at the same time expose how "shallow" your knowledge is of the Bible and the deep things of Jehovah.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by johnw47: 1:08am On Jul 28, 2019
of course rottennaija and TruthinAction are correct,
false jw's are false prophets, and who have jumped into the thread with their babbling confusion:

1Co_14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Jehovah's Witnesses and their many false prophecies
from christian website

The Witnesses make many claims in their attempt to convert you to their faith. They profess to have the only true Christian church, to be the only true representatives of God, to have the only correct biblical teaching, and to be the only true announcers of Jehovah's coming kingdom.

If they are the only true church and are the only true voice of God's word, then what they say should prove to be true and especially in prophecy. When it comes to predicting the future, the Watchtower organization fails miserably. Following are some of the false predictions made over the years by the Watchtower organization. If you present these to a JW, he will probably say something like, "Those are taken out of context," or "They didn't claim to be the prophet of God," or "The light is getting brighter, and we are understanding Bible prophecy better now," etc. Make a copy of these false prophecies, found in the appendix, and give it to them to check. They are right out of the Witnesses' literature.

Remember Deut. 18:22, "If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him." If someone makes a false prophecy and they have claimed to be a prophet of God, then they are false prophets and are not to be listened to. Do the Witnesses claim to be the prophet of God? Yes, they do.

In 1972 the Jehovah's Witness Watchtower claimed to be the prophet of God.

IDENTIFYING THE "PROPHET"--"So does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come? These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? . . . This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian Witnesses . . . Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a 'prophet' of God. It is another thing to prove it," (Watchtower, Apr. 1, 1972, p. 197). (See Deut. 18:21.)

1897 "Our Lord, the appointed King, is now present, since October 1874," (Studies in the Scriptures, vol. 4, p. 621).
1899 " . . . the 'battle of the great day of God Almighty' (Revelation 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced," (The Time Is at Hand, 1908 edition, p. 101).
1916 "The Bible chronology herein presented shows that the six great 1000 year days beginning with Adam are ended, and that the great 7th Day, the 1000 years of Christ's Reign, began in 1873," (The Time Is at Hand, forward, p. ii).
1918 "Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews 11, to the condition of human perfection," (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, p. 89).
1922 "The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scriptures than 1914," (Watchtower, Sept. 1, 1922, p. 262).
1923 "Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge," (Watchtower, Apr. 1, 1923, p. 106).
1925 "The year 1925 is here. With great expectation Christians have looked forward to this year. Many have confidently expected that all members of the body of Christ will be changed to heavenly glory during this year. This may be accomplished. It may not be. In his own due time God will accomplish his purposes concerning his people. Christians should not be so deeply concerned about what may transpire this year," (Watchtower, Jan. 1, 1925, p. 3).
1925 "It is to be expected that Satan will try to inject into the minds of the consecrated, the thought that 1925 should see an end to the work," (Watchtower, Sept., 1925, p. 262).
1926 "Some anticipated that the work would end in 1925, but the Lord did not state so. The difficulty was that the friends inflated their imaginations beyond reason; and that when their imaginations burst asunder, they were inclined to throw away everything," (Watchtower, p. 232).
1931 "There was a measure of disappointment on the part of Jehovah's faithful ones on earth concerning the years 1917, 1918, and 1925, which disappointment lasted for a time . . . and they also learned to quit fixing dates," (Vindication, p. 338).
1941 "Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon," (Watchtower, Sept. 15, 1941, p. 288).
1968 "True, there have been those in times past who predicted an 'end to the world', even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The 'end' did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? . . . Missing from such people were God's truths and evidence that he was using and guiding them," (Awake, Oct. 8, 1968).
1968 "Why are you looking forward to 1975?" (Watchtower, Aug. 15, 1968, p. 494).
A JW might say that the organization is still learning. If that is so, then how can they trust what they are taught now by the Watchtower? Will what they are being taught now change also?

A true prophet of God won't err in prophesying. Only a false prophet does. The Jehovah's Witness organization, that claims to be a prophet of God, is really a false prophet.

2Pe 2:1  But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 28, 2019
Even all the prophets of God put together in the Bible has never been able to produce the fruit that JWs have produced today! Matthew 7:15-20 smiley

Only JWs throughout all human history have succeeded in bringing over 8.5 millions together as one happy global family of peace-loving worshippers. This is exactly what Jesus prayed for throughout the night before his arrest! John 17:20-23

He said 'you will be my Witnesses' Act 1:8
Witnesses to what end?
Well according to Isaiah 9:6 Jesus is the 'Prince of Peace' therefore it is expected that all those truthfully believing in him should relate together as one big family no matter where they may come from! Isaiah 2:2-4

Now this is 2,019 years after Jesus' birth and Jehovah's Witnesses is the only group that's able to make Peace work within them in this end time when RACISM is deep rooted in the minds of people of all the nations!

So whatever accusations others have against this peace-loving worshippers are of no relevance! Galatians 5:22-23 cheesy
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Janosky: 10:12am On Jul 28, 2019
johnw47:

false jw's are false prophets, and who have jumped into the thread with their babbling confusion:

1Co_14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

from christian website

The Witnesses make many claims in their attempt to convert you to their faith. They profess to have the only true Christian church, to be the only true representatives of God, to have the only correct biblical teaching, and to be the only true announcers of Jehovah's coming kingdom.

If they are the only true church and are the only true voice of God's word, then what they say should prove to be true and especially in prophecy. When it comes to predicting the future, the Watchtower organization fails miserably. Following are some of the false predictions made over the years by the Watchtower organization. If you present these to a JW, he will probably say something like, "Those are taken out of context," or "They didn't claim to be the prophet of God," or "The light is getting brighter, and we are understanding Bible prophecy better now," etc. Make a copy of these false prophecies, found in the appendix, and give it to them to check. They are right out of the Witnesses' literature.

Remember Deut. 18:22, "If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him." If someone makes a false prophecy and they have claimed to be a prophet of God, then they are false prophets and are not to be listened to. Do the Witnesses claim to be the prophet of God? Yes, they do.

IDENTIFYING THE "PROPHET"--"So does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come? These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet? . . . This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian Witnesses . . . Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a 'prophet' of God. It is another thing to prove it," (Watchtower, Apr. 1, 1972, p. 197). (See Deut. 18:21.)

1897 "Our Lord, the appointed King, is now present, since October 1874," (Studies in the Scriptures, vol. 4, p. 621).
1899 " . . . the 'battle of the great day of God Almighty' (Revelation 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced," (The Time Is at Hand, 1908 edition, p. 101).
1916 "The Bible chronology herein presented shows that the six great 1000 year days beginning with Adam are ended, and that the great 7th Day, the 1000 years of Christ's Reign, began in 1873," (The Time Is at Hand, forward, p. ii).
1918 "Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews 11, to the condition of human perfection," (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, p. 89).
1922 "The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scriptures than 1914," (Watchtower, Sept. 1, 1922, p. 262).
1923 "Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge," (Watchtower, Apr. 1, 1923, p. 106).
1925 "The year 1925 is here. With great expectation Christians have looked forward to this year. Many have confidently expected that all members of the body of Christ will be changed to heavenly glory during this year. This may be accomplished. It may not be. In his own due time God will accomplish his purposes concerning his people. Christians should not be so deeply concerned about what may transpire this year," (Watchtower, Jan. 1, 1925, p. 3).
1925 "It is to be expected that Satan will try to inject into the minds of the consecrated, the thought that 1925 should see an end to the work," (Watchtower, Sept., 1925, p. 262).
1926 "Some anticipated that the work would end in 1925, but the Lord did not state so. The difficulty was that the friends inflated their imaginations beyond reason; and that when their imaginations burst asunder, they were inclined to throw away everything," (Watchtower, p. 232).
1931 "There was a measure of disappointment on the part of Jehovah's faithful ones on earth concerning the years 1917, 1918, and 1925, which disappointment lasted for a time . . . and they also learned to quit fixing dates," (Vindication, p. 338).
1941 "Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon," (Watchtower, Sept. 15, 1941, p. 288).
1968 "True, there have been those in times past who predicted an 'end to the world', even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The 'end' did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? . . . Missing from such people were God's truths and evidence that he was using and guiding them," (Awake, Oct. 8, 1968).
1968 "Why are you looking forward to 1975?" (Watchtower, Aug. 15, 1968, p. 494).
A JW might say that the organization is still learning. If that is so, then how can they trust what they are taught now by the Watchtower? Will what they are being taught now change also?

A true prophet of God won't err in prophesying. Only a false prophet does. The Jehovah's Witness organization, that claims to be a prophet of God, is really a false prophet.

2Pe 2:1  But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Junk post of johnw and Olaadegbu lying Pharisees.
Olaadegbu affirmed that Johnw is an idol worshipper Christmas/ birthday celebrant.
(Go & see Olaadegbu profile on NL).

Jesus Christ followers were false prophets too !
Jesus disciples believed and formed their own opinions,they prophesied on something Jesus Christ NEVER taught ! Luke 19:11. Luke24:21.

Non denominational Pharisees and kumuyi worshipper ,strange bedfellows, dey form comrade for JW matter.
Oturugbeke!!!!!!!
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Janosky: 10:14am On Jul 28, 2019
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Janosky: 10:17am On Jul 28, 2019
johnw47:

from christian website

Olaadegbu affirmed that Johnw & the others were idol worshipping Christmas/ birthday celebrants.

Jesus disciples believed and formed their own opinions,they prophesied what Jesus Christ NEVER taught them ! Luke 19:11. Luke24:21.

Non denominational Pharisees ,Liesinaction Pharisees, rotten in sifia pains and kumuyi worshipper ,strange bedfellows indeed,dey form comrade for JW matter.
Oturugbeke!!!!!!!
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by johnw47: 11:17am On Jul 28, 2019
Janosky:

Olaadegbu affirmed that Johnw is an idol worshipper Christmas/ birthday celebrant.

pharisee deceiver false jw Janosky/OneJ
ha ha, such a lying confused one

Janosky:
Jesus disciples believed and formed their own opinions,they prophesied on something Jesus Christ NEVER taught ! Luke 19:11. Luke24:21.

luke 19 Jesus said to Zacchaeus: "This day is salvation come to this house", and then Jesus disciples thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
they didn't prophecy oh so duh one, but your jw org. does, they falsely prophesy and when one prophecy fails they make another, then another, laugh

Janosky:
Non denominational Pharisees and kumuyi worshipper ,strange bedfellows, dey form comrade for JW matter.
Oturugbeke!!!!!!!

as for me it's because i don't like satans lying mob

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Janosky:

Non denominational Pharisees ,Liesinaction Pharisees, rotten in sifia pains and kumuyi worshipper ,strange bedfellows indeed,dey form comrade for JW matter.
Oturugbeke!!!!!!!

Janosky:

Olaadegbu affirmed that Johnw & the others were idol worshipping Christmas/ birthday celebrants.

Jesus disciples believed and formed their own opinions,they prophesied what Jesus Christ NEVER taught them ! Luke 19:11. Luke24:21.

Oturugbeke!!!!!!!

laugh, extremely confused pharisee Janosky/OneJ

you reply basically the same thing three times for the one post

poor tormented false jw

1Co_14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Janosky: 11:38am On Jul 28, 2019
johnw47:

luke 19 Jesus said to Zacchaeus: "This day is salvation come to this house", and then Jesus disciples thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
they didn't prophecy oh so duh one, but your jw org. does, they falsely prophesy and when one prophecy fails they make another, then another, laugh

Johnw lying Pharisee deluded brain , Luke 19:11 is beyond the scope of your unreceptive heart of falsehood.
The language of Luke19:11 is simple as ABC.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by johnw47: 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2019
Janosky:

Johnw lying Pharisee deluded brain , Luke 19:11 is beyond the scope of your unreceptive heart of falsehood.
The language of Luke19:11 is simple as ABC.

ha ha, truly confused and tormented Janosky/OneJ, it is simple indeed and you can't understand it.
those disciples are not prophesying, oh know nothing duh one

Luk 19:8  And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. 
Luk 19:9  And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham. 
Luk 19:10  For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
Luk 19:11  And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by johnw47: 12:11pm On Jul 28, 2019
Maximus69:
Even all the prophets of God put together in the Bible has never been able to produce the fruit that JWs have produced today! Matthew 7:15-20 smiley

false jw mad max
just for one thing, false jw's who call the Word - the Lord(kurios) Jesus Christ: "a god" are producing bad fruits:

Mat 7:15  Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 
Mat 7:16  Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 
Mat 7:17  Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 
Mat 7:18  A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 
Mat 7:19  Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 
Mat 7:20  Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Maximus69:
Only JWs throughout all human history have succeeded in bringing over 8.5 millions together as one happy global family of peace-loving worshippers. This is exactly what Jesus prayed for throughout the night before his arrest! John 17:20-23

truly Jesus wasn't talking about the false jw sect - false prophets,
and the worlds greatest liars

Joh 17:21  That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 
Joh 17:22  And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 
Joh 17:23  I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Maximus69:
He said 'you will be my Witnesses' Act 1:8
Witnesses to what end?
Well according to Isaiah 9:6 Jesus is the 'Prince of Peace' therefore it is expected that all those truthfully believing in him should relate together as one big family no matter where they may come from! Isaiah 2:2-4

Now this is 2,019 years after Jesus' birth and Jehovah's Witnesses is the only group that's able to make Peace work within them in this end time when RACISM is deep rooted in the minds of people of all the nations!

So whatever accusations others have against this peace-loving worshippers are of no relevance! Galatians 5:22-23 cheesy

what a lot of puffed up self righteousness
however here is one of the places where God's word speaks of you:

Mat_23:15  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

@bold, and of course the truth is of no revelance to you
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 28, 2019
johnw47:

false jw mad max
just for one thing, false jw's who call the Word - the Lord(kurios) Jesus Christ: "a god" are producing bad fruits:
Mat 7:15  Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 
Mat 7:16  Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 
Mat 7:17  Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 
Mat 7:18  A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 
Mat 7:19  Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 
Mat 7:20  Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
truly Jesus wasn't talking about the false jw sect - false prophets,
and the worlds greatest liars
Joh 17:21  That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. 
Joh 17:22  And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 
Joh 17:23  I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
what a lot of puffed up self righteousness
however here is one of the places where God's word speaks of you:
Mat_23:15  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
@bold, and of course the truth is of no revelance to you

Mr Focusless is back! 1Timothy 6:4 cheesy

So if it's not Jehovah's Witnesses that Jesus meant in his prayers, where are those united globally that Jesus prayed for throughout in his prayer? John 17:1

Or are you of the opinion that Jesus' prayers wasn't answered ? John 11:41-42

Please where are those Witnesses of Jesus who are united in faith as ONE BODY? John 17:20-23

Mr Focusless, you have a big problem with this your hatred for Jehovah's Witnesses o! John 17:14-16 cheesy
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by johnw47: 12:59pm On Jul 28, 2019
Maximus69:

Mr Focusless is back! 1Timothy 6:4 cheesy

lying pharisee false jw mad max
yet my focus on the OP concerning you false prophets has been very clear ,
which you have no come back to and focused on other things, oh lying pharisee hypocrite:

and you of course post scripture link about yourself again, oh know nothing:

1Ti 6:4  He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,

Maximus69:
So if it's not Jehovah's Witnesses that Jesus meant in his prayers, where are those united globally that Jesus prayed for throughout in his prayer? John 17:1

Or are you of the opinion that Jesus' prayers wasn't answered ? John 11:41-42

Please where are those Witnesses of Jesus who are united in faith as ONE BODY? John 17:20-23

Jesus prayed for all believers, they are from many denominations
they are the body of Christ who teach the truth and not lies like:
the Lord(kurios supreme in authority) is "a god" etc.
like you false jw's preach

Maximus69:
Mr Focusless, you have a big problem with this your hatred for Jehovah's Witnesses o! John 17:14-16 cheesy

habitual liar™ mad max, i have no problem at all with my hatred for satans mob

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by TruthinAction: 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2019
Janosky:

Oturugbeke!!!!!!!

Pride goes before destruction. You know jonhw47 is right. The prophecies are documented. Just run for your life because the burning hell will be unbearable.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 28, 2019
johnw47:

Jesus prayed for all believers, they are from many denominations they are the body of Christ[/b][/color]

So Jesus prayed for all believers to become ONE BODY {John 17:23} but unfortunately this body doesn't recognize itself in the face of RACISM and POLITICS!

Pastor johnw47, please cover your face! cheesy
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 28, 2019
TruthinAction:

Pride goes before destruction. You know jonhw47 is right. The prophecies are documented. Just run for your life because the burning hell will be unbearable.

Mr Hellfire! cheesy
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by johnw47: 12:32am On Jul 29, 2019
Maximus69:

So Jesus prayed for all believers to become ONE BODY {John 17:23} but unfortunately this body doesn't recognize itself in the face of RACISM and POLITICS!

Pastor johnw47, please cover your face! cheesy

habitual lying™ false jw mad max

you are so confused, of course
truly all believers are the body of Christ

and of course false jw's are a sect of satan, who else lives on lies:

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by johnw47: 12:46am On Jul 29, 2019
Maximus69:

Mr Hellfire! cheesy

false jw mad max, when confronted with the truth
you can only reply with your nonsense and lies

Maximus69:

Pastor johnw47 cheesy

Maximus69:

Mr Focusless cheesy

Mr Focusless cheesy

habitual liar™ mad max
you of satan's lying mob, cannot reply to the false prophecies of false jw's that are posted
in this thread, and are what the thread is about, but instead you focus on anything else as a running away diversion from the truth

and all your laughs cheesy and winks wink in all your replies to the truth, also show your falseness

false jw
false jesus
false jehovah
false everything

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by johnw47: 1:26am On Jul 29, 2019
habitual lying pharisee™, false jw mad max

Deu_32:39  See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me:

God has no God with Him, false jw's have "a god" with their false jehovah god

Christians know that Father and the Word is one God, and not two gods as you false jw's believe
a almighty god the father and a mighty god jesus

Christians also know that Almighty God and Mighty God are names - titles referring to the one God, ha ha you false jw's are so duh

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

two persons in God there, not two gods, smile
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 29, 2019
johnw47:

habitual lying pharisee™, false jw mad max

God has no God with Him, false jw's have "a god" with their false jehovah god

Christians know that Father and the Word is one God, and not two gods as you false jw's believe
a almighty god the father and a mighty god jesus

Christians also know that Almighty God and Mighty God are names - titles referring to the one God, ha ha you false jw's are so duh

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

two persons in God there, not two gods, smile
You sabi too much! cheesy
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by johnw47: 9:36am On Jul 29, 2019
Maximus69:

You sabi too much! cheesy

habitual lying™ false jw mad max
of course you hate the truth of my post and the scriptures that support it

this person says watchtower is the god of the jw's,
but ultamitably it goes back to the devil

quote:
Unquestionably the WT is the god of the JWs. The WT is their final authority in all things. They don't believe what the Bible says, - they believe what the WT tells them the Bible says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drsIzjT2Yvg

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Janosky: 10:26pm On Jul 29, 2019
TruthinAction:

The prophecies are documented. .

You pastorpreneur con man wan give lecture about pride even when him pride no let am confess say him say " beast will rule in the Old Roman Empire" na BIG lie.

In the same manner that Luke documented that Jesus disciples, (including Luke himself) believed and formed their own opinions,they prophesied what Jesus Christ NEVER taught ! Luke 18:31. Luke 19:11. Luke24:21.

Jesus disciples mess no dey smell reach like your "beast WILL RULE in the Old Roman Empire" lie lie wey ooze stench wey dey smell pass carbide.
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by Janosky: 11:07pm On Jul 29, 2019
johnw47:

God has no God with Him,

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, [b]and the Word was with God,

two persons in God there,

You are a colossal disgrace.

Deut32:39 Jehovah says "see now that even I" , is himself ALONE.

John1:1, "the Word was with "ho theos", (the God"wink, your sawdust brain delusion dey manufacture "two persons in God there"

Your brain needs hypo....
Re: Are Jehovah's Witnesses Prophets? by TruthinAction: 11:17pm On Jul 29, 2019
Janosky:

You pastorpreneur con man wan give lecture about pride even when him pride no let am confess say him say " beast will rule in the Old Roman Empire" na BIG lie.

In the same manner that Luke documented that Jesus disciples, (including Luke himself) believed and formed their own opinions,they prophesied what Jesus Christ NEVER taught ! Luke 18:31. Luke 19:11. Luke24:21.

Jesus disciples mess no dey smell reach like your "beast WILL RULE in the Old Roman Empire" lie lie wey ooze stench wey dey smell pass carbide.

I already corrected that. That was a typographical error. The beast will rule in the revived Roman Empire. But this time, it will consist of a confederation of ten states. So don't make too much noise about this. I can lecture you on eschatology.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See How TB Joshua Predicted Death Of Arab's World Longest Serving Ruler / 10 Stunning Ankara Styles That Will Make You Wish Lockdown Is Over / Using Microphone In The Church Is Not Biblical: The Apostles Never Used It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.