Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Hey Guys I Need Some Advice On Opening A Fixed Deposit Account. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Hey Guys I Need Some Advice On Opening A Fixed Deposit Account. (1647 Views)

Which Bank Offers The Best Interest Rate For A Fixed Deposit Account / Which Is Better; Fixed Deposit Or Bonds? / Which Bank Is The Best For Fixed Deposit Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hey Guys I Need Some Advice On Opening A Fixed Deposit Account. by daddyzgel01(f): 12:13am On Jul 26, 2019
Hello guys I have this intention of getting a new apartment at the end of the year and I want to gather up to 200k. I just thought of opening a fixed deposit and stipulate the time till December this year. Since I have not done this before I need a few insights. Your experience and advice is very welcomed.
Re: Hey Guys I Need Some Advice On Opening A Fixed Deposit Account. by Sirmuel1(m): 12:25am On Jul 26, 2019
I think 200k fixed for a short time is too small. You usually earn more when you go with longer terms.

You can fix money for 3 months, 6 months or 12 months before it rolls over or you terminate it.

Well, you can give it a try anyway, but you won't get much profit from it.
Re: Hey Guys I Need Some Advice On Opening A Fixed Deposit Account. by daddyzgel01(f): 12:38am On Jul 26, 2019
Sirmuel1:
I think 200k fixed for a short time is too small. You usually earn more when you go with longer terms.

You can fix money for 3 months, 6 months or 12 months before it rolls over or you terminate it.

Well, you can give it a try anyway, but you won't get much profit from it.

not really about the profit just wanna make the money safe so I don't spend it

1 Like

Re: Hey Guys I Need Some Advice On Opening A Fixed Deposit Account. by Sirmuel1(m): 2:05am On Jul 26, 2019
daddyzgel01:

not really about the profit just wanna make the money safe so I don't spend it

Good. But keeping money in a fixed account doesn't make it safe because you could possibly terminate it before the duration you signed for. cheesy

Though it's still the best... Safer than a savings account where they keep deducting your money every month. If you keep 200k in a savings account, GT Bank to be precise, in 5months time, you might end up with 189,640 naira. grin

1 Like

Re: Hey Guys I Need Some Advice On Opening A Fixed Deposit Account. by meshpips(m): 2:39am On Jul 26, 2019
daddyzgel01:
Hello guys I have this intention of getting a new apartment at the end of the year and I want to gather up to 200k. I just thought of opening a fixed deposit and stipulate the time till December this year. Since I have not done this before I need a few insights. Your experience and advice is very welcomed.

My honest advice, open an account with any of the stock broking firms, fund your trading account with the 200,000 NGN and then buy UACN shares. By December, the shares will very likely be worth much more than 50% of their current value.

There is a time value of money. Refuse to keep 200,000 NGN somewhere in July 2019 and still let it remain at 200,000 NGN by December 2019.

I also like to commend you on being able to plan ahead. This is one thing many other people do not do.

I pray for you that the Almighty one keeps you in health and in strength. May He cause you to have much more than you ever imagined.

2 Likes

Re: Hey Guys I Need Some Advice On Opening A Fixed Deposit Account. by DelTel(m): 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2019
meshpips:

My honest advice, open an account with any of the stock broking firms, fund your trading account with the 200,000 NGN and then buy UACN shares. By December, the shares will very likely be worth much more than 50% of their current value.

There is a time value of money. Refuse to keep 200,000 NGN somewhere in July 2019 and still let it remain at 200,000 NGN by December 2019.

I also like to commend you on being able to plan ahead. This is one thing many other people do not do.

I pray for you that the Almighty one keeps you in health and in strength. May He cause you to have much more than you ever imagined.

Your advice thought noble shouldn't be for someone looking at short-term. This is one of the attitude that killed the Capital Market. Capital Market is futuristic and best for long-term investment hence only Surplus Funds should only be invested in stock market.

Furthermore, I would advise you keep your stock buying decision confidential (I don't think you are a stockbroker or financial advisor duly licensed for such or you have insider info which is a crime - insider trading).

Op expressly said he needs this funds to get an apartment in December. Therefore he is first looking at the safety of the fund before yield. Stock Market is volatile.

Invest your money in guaranteed investment like Bond, Money Market. (yes low interest but sure).

Do make sure you patronize only CBN/SEC licensed firms/companies in your dealings.
Re: Hey Guys I Need Some Advice On Opening A Fixed Deposit Account. by meshpips(m): 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2019
DelTel:

Your advice thought noble shouldn't be for someone looking at short-term. This is one of the attitude that killed the Capital Market. Capital Market is futuristic and best for long-term investment hence only Surplus Funds should only be invested in stock market.

Furthermore, I would advise you keep your stock buying decision confidential (I don't think you are a stockbroker or financial advisor duly licensed for such or you have insider info which is a crime - insider trading).

Op expressly said he needs this funds to get an apartment in December. Therefore he is first looking at the safety of the fund before yield. Stock Market is volatile.

Invest your money in guaranteed investment like Bond, Money Market. (yes low interest but sure).

Do make sure you patronize only CBN/SEC licensed firms/companies in your dealings.

I asked him to buy a stock that is already trading BELOW its volume adjusted price. There is only one direction for this stock - UPWARD!!!

If by any chance the stock is not in decent profit by December (a very unlikely event or possibility), the stocks can still be sold and converted to cash as N200,000 would only buy a few quantities of the stock currently priced around sub-six Naira.

I am extremely confident of my volume - adjusted - pricing model, let me allow the results speak. Those that saw the Q2 earnings report are already saying the fundamentals look very good.

Let's allow time tell us the whole story.
Re: Hey Guys I Need Some Advice On Opening A Fixed Deposit Account. by DelTel(m): 12:34pm On Jul 31, 2019
meshpips:

I asked him to buy a stock that is already trading BELOW its volume adjusted price. There is only one direction for this stock - UPWARD!!!

If by any chance the stock is not in decent profit by December (a very unlikely event or possibility), the stocks can still be sold and converted to cash as N200,000 would only buy a few quantities of the stock currently priced around sub-six Naira.

I am extremely confident of my volume - adjusted - pricing model, let me allow the results speak. Those that saw the Q2 earnings report are already saying the fundamentals look very good.

Let's allow time tell us the whole story.

I admire your courage and viewpoint.

However, it's misdirected: if by any chance the stock is flat, how will he get his #200k back after deducting statutory buying charges when buying and corresponding deduction of statutory selling charges when selling undecided.

Stock Market is either gain or loss.

Bond, Money Market, even Fixed deposit is guaranteed income (no matter how small).

I repeat only Surplus Funds should be invested in stock market.

With all due respect, I want to believe you weren't around during the last capital market crash and meltdown and you are not licensed to offer investment advise. I would advise you get certified first. Then you can pitch this to Pension, insurance, investment, mutual funds organizations. Thumbs up.
Re: Hey Guys I Need Some Advice On Opening A Fixed Deposit Account. by meshpips(m): 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2019
DelTel:

However, it's misdirected: if by any chance the stock is flat, how will he get his #200k back after deducting statutory buying charges when buying and corresponding deduction of statutory selling charges when selling undecided.

Bond, Money Market, even Fixed deposit is guaranteed income (no matter how small).

I respect only Surplus Funds should be invested in stock market.

With all due respect, I want to believe you weren't around during the last capital market crash and meltdown and you are not licensed to offer investment advise. I would advise you get certified first. Then you can pitch this to Pension, insurance, investment, mutual funds organizations. Thumbs up.

I have been trading the financial market for over TWELVE years. I've been there and I've done that.

Does money have a time value?

If yes, does the return in % for bonds and T-bills exceed the current inflation rate in Nigeria?

My brother, I have given him the best possible advice and recommended a stock that is trading BELOW its volume adjusted price.

If my proprietary method of trading means anything, this guy should have much more than 50% profit by December.

Like I said, let's allow time tell the whole story.

What I do is not what you would find in books on Finance, valuation etc. This is purely knowledge that is esoteric. Sorry, I'm having to sound this way about this "new technique". I await the day the method would be faulted.
Re: Hey Guys I Need Some Advice On Opening A Fixed Deposit Account. by thebigkendo(m): 1:39pm On Jul 31, 2019
DelTel:

I repeat only Surplus Funds should be invested in stock market.

Oga has bought the shares.. So he is trying to hype it so other can buy into it.. Hence pushing price up so he can cash out on some profit..

Something we do regularly in cryptocurrency trading grin grin

Buy a crypto currency.. Then come & hype it with fake FA & TA in different social media groups.. As they are rushing to go in on the "gold".. You are cashing out on the price increase grin
Re: Hey Guys I Need Some Advice On Opening A Fixed Deposit Account. by MrMann1(m): 7:08pm On Jul 31, 2019
check kolopay or cowrywise
Re: Hey Guys I Need Some Advice On Opening A Fixed Deposit Account. by Sunnybabe(m): 11:15am On Aug 01, 2019
daddyzgel01:
how about if u invest the money ... DM me on 08105161466 .. let me introduce u to a fantastic legit investment
Re: Hey Guys I Need Some Advice On Opening A Fixed Deposit Account. by MrsAnyanwu(f): 9:40am On Aug 03, 2019
Why not invest in money market... That's what I have been doing... You liquidate anytime you want.. It's safe and reliable.
Re: Hey Guys I Need Some Advice On Opening A Fixed Deposit Account. by smokey12345: 11:31am On Aug 03, 2019
i wont lie to you this 200k can get you 8% monthly which is 16k monthly legit... been doing this for 1 yr now
Re: Hey Guys I Need Some Advice On Opening A Fixed Deposit Account. by MrMann1(m): 8:57pm On Aug 03, 2019
smokey12345:
i wont lie to you this 200k can get you 8% monthly which is 16k monthly legit... been doing this for 1 yr now
Please tell me more about this. I am interested
Re: Hey Guys I Need Some Advice On Opening A Fixed Deposit Account. by Zadoknd(m): 9:10pm On Aug 03, 2019
Just want to update you on a durable investment on real estate. We have two plans:

Basic plan; which offers 35% interest for 200k and above.
Classic plan; which gives 100% interest on a one year straight investment. This means you won't withdraw till end of 12 months.
You're given a post dated cheque upon payment.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Good To Invest 5k In Bitcoin Now? / How Reliable Is Farmkonnect? / Mmm True Secret And Purpose Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.