Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? (5227 Views)

Story: The Reward For Abstaining From Harām / Masturbation Deprives Him Of Great Reward During This Ramadan. Refrain Too! / The Huge Reward Of Going Early To Jum'a! Invest Today!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? by Lukgaf(m): 6:13am On Jul 26, 2019
Nowadays, children of teen and those that are yet to reach the age of Mukalaf join their parents around the world to perform Hajj (Pilgrimage) in the Holy land, Makkah every year. On this thread, we seek to establish the question of whether their Hajj will be accepted or not

Praise be to Allaah.

The saheeh Sunnah indicates that a child may do Hajj and be rewarded for it, but that does not count as the “Hajj of Islam” (obligatory Hajj). Muslim (2378) narrated that Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: A woman lifted up a child of hers and said: O Messenger of Allaah, is there Hajj for this one? He said: “Yes, and you will have the reward.”

Al-Nawawi said in Sharh Muslim:

This is used as evidence by al-Shaafa’i, Maalik, Ahmad and the majority of scholars that the Hajj of a child counts and is valid, and he will be rewarded for it, but it does not count as the Hajj of Islam (the obligatory Hajj), rather it is regarded as a voluntary Hajj. This hadeeth clearly states that.

Al-Qaadi said: They are unanimously agreed that it does not count as the obligatory Hajj, which he must do after he reaches puberty, except for a small group who held an odd view and said that it does count. But the scholars did not pay any attention to this view.

The words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) “and you will have the reward” mean that this is because of her carrying him and making him avoid the things that are forbidden to the pilgrim in ihraam, and do what the pilgrim does. End quote.

Al-Khattaabi said:

It is Hajj for him in the sense of reward, without being counted as Hajj in the sense of obligatory Hajj if he lives until he reaches puberty and becomes a man. This is like prayer; he should be told to pray when he becomes able to pray, although it is not obligatory for him, and the reward will be written for him by the bounty of Allaah, and also for the one who tells him to pray and teaches him to do so. If he does Hajj then he must do the all the rituals, such as standing in ‘Arafah and circumambulating around the Ka’bah, being carried if he is unable to walk, and doing saa’i between al-Safa and al-Marwah, and other actions of Hajj. End quote from ‘Awn al-Ma’bood.

Al-Tirmidhi (926) narrated that al-Saa’ib ibn Yazeed said: My father took me for Hajj with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) during the Farewell Pilgrimage when I was seven years old. Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

And it was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Any child who does Hajj then reaches puberty, he must do Hajj again.” Narrated by al-Shaafa’i in his Musnad; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Irwa’ al-Ghaleel (686).

We have previously discussed the Hajj of a child and its consequences in the answer to question no. 3240 and 49028.

And Allaah knows best.

Source: https://islamqa.info/en/85299

Meanwhile, I am available if you are looking for who to send to Hajj and/or Umrah.
grin

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? by Lewalexzy(m): 9:18am On Jul 26, 2019
J
Re: What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? by RalphJean: 9:25am On Jul 26, 2019
10 of us in the office were doing contribution of 100k each.
My colleague took her own 1m and went for Hajj and enriched Saudi Arabia.
She returned with ‘Gold Tooth’ and had ‘Alhaja’ added to her name.
Two weeks later, she was hustling me and asking to borrow 40k as her youngest son has been sent home from school, no school fees.

There is a reward.
The reward is that Saudi Arabia and its tourism industry smiles to the bank.
Pilgrimage is excursion.

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? by tigerclaws: 9:26am On Jul 26, 2019
gaetano:
"I believe that there no Allah but God."
"I believe that Jesus Christ is God's Holy Son."
"I believe that Christianity is the Only True Religion."
"lā ʾilāha ʾillā-llāh, I throw Maggi for woman Yansh."

I wanted to get that off my chest. Now let me answer the question.

70 virgins grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? by gaetano: 9:27am On Jul 26, 2019
RalphJean:
There is a reward.
Pilgrimage is excursion.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? by gaetano: 9:30am On Jul 26, 2019
tigerclaws:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yo mehn! We have to undeclare that shit when we want to comment grin

Nobody has monopoly of stupidity

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? by drkay(m): 9:43am On Jul 26, 2019
Thank you for this, May Allah increase you in knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? by yousuphola: 9:56am On Jul 26, 2019
FOR THOSE WHOSE COMMENTS ARE NEGATIVE AGAINST THE SUBJECT.....MAY ALLAH GUIDE YOU TO THE RIGHT PATH, AND MAKE US FIRM UPON HIS PATH...ALLAHUMMO AAMEEN....THANKS

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? by kingmurainah(m): 10:18am On Jul 26, 2019
yousuphola:
FOR THOSE WHOSE COMMENTS ARE NEGATIVE AGAINST THE SUBJECT.....MAY ALLAH GUIDE YOU TO THE RIGHT PATH, AND MAKE US FIRM UPON HIS PATH...ALLAHUMMO AAMEEN....THANKS
Ameen
Re: What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? by gaetano: 10:33am On Jul 26, 2019
yousuphola:

You want me to say Amen to your prayers to Allah, but you want me to declare that there's no GOD.

Re: What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? by swtdrms(m): 10:40am On Jul 26, 2019
RalphJean:
10 of us in the office were doing contribution of 100k each.
My colleague took her own 1m and went for Hajj and enriched Saudi Arabia.
She returned with ‘Gold Tooth’ and had ‘Alhaja’ added to her name.
Two weeks later, she was hustling me and asking to borrow 40k as her youngest son has been sent home from school, no school fees.

There is a reward.
Pilgrimage is excursion.

That your friend has done nothing wrong, that's how she has scaled her preferences, and also you have the right not to lend her the said money. We all plan our scale of preferences in differnt way.

That doesn't give you the right to bad mouth her ohh sorry you have the right to insult and abuse people as you like but it doesn't give you regard and honour you deserve in the midst of respectable people.

On Tourism, as important as medical tourism is, so also is religious torism depending on what esteem you hold religiosity

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? by gaetano: 10:45am On Jul 26, 2019
swtdrms:

That your friend has done nothing wrong, that's how she has scaled her preferences, and also you have the right not to lend her the said money. We all plan our scale of preferences in differnt way.

That doesn't give you the right to bad mouth her ohh sorry you have the right to insult and abuse people as you like but it doesn't give you regard and honour you deserve in the midst of respectable people.

On Tourism, as important as medical tourism is, so also is religious torism depending on what esteem you hold religiosity

Y'all are stupid as religion has blinded you. You prefer to pray than actually doing something.
Re: What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? by RealLordZeus(m): 11:10am On Jul 26, 2019
gaetano:

Y'all are stupid as religion has blinded you. You prefer to pray than actually doing something.
Despite making an abusive post, the guy gave u an intellectual reply but u still went ahead and call him stupid, pls reason well and reply who is "very stupid" between both of u!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? by gaetano: 11:15am On Jul 26, 2019
RealLordZeus:

Despite making an abusive post, the guy gave u an intellectual reply but u still went ahead and call him stupid, pls reason well and reply who is "very stupid" between both of u!

You i guess
Re: What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? by FiftyFifty(m): 11:22am On Jul 26, 2019
Why are these children of hate so envious of Islam is beyond me. Go and face your COZA hypocrisy you won't go. Infidels.

Op.: JazakalLahu Khairan.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? by RealLordZeus(m): 11:29am On Jul 26, 2019
gaetano:

You i guess
Seems u have comprehension issue or u forgot to reason properly before replying
who is "very stupid" between both of u!
I'm being specific here
Anyway! If u are an Atheist or a Christian, Y can't you be so in peace. Y insulting others coz of their faith. Hardly will you come across a Muslim post insulting a Christian or their faith yet they are being tagged as the intolerant ones.
Are u seriously okay, Does being a Christian or an Atheist made someone to be abusive.
I will be glad if u can spare me of your mentions coz I don't like joining issues with ppl like. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: What Is The Reward Of Children Performing Hajj? by gaetano: 11:54am On Jul 26, 2019
RealLordZeus:

Seems u have comprehension issue or u forgot to reason properly before replying

I'm being specific here
Anyway! If u are an Atheist or a Christian, Y can't you be so in peace. Y insulting others coz of their faith. Hardly will you come across a Muslim post insulting a Christian or their faith yet they are being tagged as the intolerant ones.
Are u seriously okay, Does being a Christian or an Atheist made someone to be abusive.
I will be glad if u can spare me of your mentions coz I don't like joining issues with ppl like. Thanks in advance

And I maintain my stance. YOU ARE

(1) (Reply)

Importance Of Reading And Acting Upon Qur'an / The Virtues Of Patience / Have you completed six fast of Shawwal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.