Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,423 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:08 AM

Arsenal Duo Ozil & Kolasinac Attacked By Knife-wielding Moped Gang In London - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Duo Ozil & Kolasinac Attacked By Knife-wielding Moped Gang In London (251 Views)

Gang Who Tried To Rob Ozil & Kolasinac Jailed For 100 Years (Pictures) / Ozil And Kolasinac To Miss Arsenal's Game At Newcastle Over Security Fears / Arsenal Players Attacked By Armed Men, Fought Off By Sead Kolasinac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Duo Ozil & Kolasinac Attacked By Knife-wielding Moped Gang In London by obembet(f): 11:31am On Jul 26, 2019
Ozil and Arsenal team-mate Kolasinac were the victims of an attacked by knife-wielding moped thugs in London today.

German World Cup winner Ozil was seen racing down Golders Green Road in his black Mercedes G-Class SUV as two thugs on mopeds chased him.

Kolasinac is then seen leaping from the £100,000 vehicle and fighting off the armed robbers with his bare hands.

Ozil then abandoned his car and fled the road on foot, taking refuge in nearby Turkish restaurant Likya.

Staff immediately rushed to his defence, piling out onto the street to help chase away the attackers.

Police arrived on the scene sharpish, and they were spotted questioning the Gunners forward on the pavement over the shocking incident by bystanders.

Financial worker Azuka Alintah, 36, was out food shopping when she witnessed the horrifying event.

He told the Daily Mail: "It was totally mad and strange. His car was standing there empty in the middle of the road with its door hanging open. It is very distinctive, with gold trim.

"Ozil looked absolutely terrified, as anybody would after being chased by men with knives. He looked like he was running for his life. And I suppose he was.

"I saw him disappear into the restaurant with the motorcycle guys on his tail. They didn't take off their helmets and were all in black, wearing long sleeved tops in this hot weather. They stood out. It was really creepy.

"God knows what would have happened if they'd caught him. It looked to me like he'd have been hacked to shreds and he clearly thought so too."

The eye witness added: "As soon as the restaurant staff started to come to the window and to the doorway, they turned around and roared off. The police were there shortly afterwards and the road was almost blocked off.'

"It was totally surreal, just surreal and strange. You don't expect something like that to happen at any time, particularly the mid-afternoon."

The restaurant manager confirmed the incident also but declined to comment on the scary ordeal.

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9586285/arsenal-mesut-ozil-sead-kolasinac-car-jacking-attack/amp

Cc Lalasticlala
MissyB3
Fynestboi
Dominique
mynd44

Re: Arsenal Duo Ozil & Kolasinac Attacked By Knife-wielding Moped Gang In London by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2019
Join Blaze FC Bundesliga, my Bundesliga league on @Superbru! You can find my pool here:

https://www.superbru.com/bundesliga/pool.php?p=12088956

or by downloading the Superbru app and searching for the pool with code:

raidglim

(1) (Reply)

Evra Calls His Time / Liverpool Vs Norwich|4-1|match Highlights / Lampard; Chelsea Were Unlucky, I Am A Terrible Loser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.