Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Enugu Airport Should Be Shut Down Immediately — Ministerial Nominee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Airport Should Be Shut Down Immediately — Ministerial Nominee (1018 Views)

Femi Fani-kayode: Aso Rock Chapel Will Not Be Shut Down, Remi Tinubu Is A Pastor / ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate / Biography Of Prince Clement Agba, A Ministerial Nominee By Buhari (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Airport Should Be Shut Down Immediately — Ministerial Nominee by CGMedia: 8:23pm On Jul 26, 2019
A Ministerial nominee from Katsina State, Hadi Sirika, has called on the Federal Government to shut down the Enugu Airport, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that Sirika, immediate past Minister of State for Aviation, spoke when he appeared before the Senate for screening, on Friday.

Describing the runway of the airport as an eyesore, he said it is not befitting of a modern airport.

“I visited Enugu airport as minister thrice including the state government and unofficially twice. It has a lot of problems,” he said.

“If you ask me, I will close Enugu airport tomorrow actually today because the runway has failed. They are maintaining it regularly to ensure safe operations. I am not comfortable because there are also other problems with the runway.

“It (runway) is short, it needs to be extended. We recognise the efforts by the federal government by closing down the market beside the airport. Also people have built within the premises of the airport on the safety area of the airport and that ought not to be on the land belonging to Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN).

“Whoever is the next minister will contend with that because this is safety. Enugu Airport will be dear to the next minister. That is my personal opinion. We are very jealous of that city and the airport.”

Igbere TV reports that President Muhammadu Buhari had submitted a list of 43 ministerial nominees, which was read at the Senate plenary on Tuesday.

http://igberetvnews.com/849280/breaking-enugu-airport-should-be-shut-ministerial-nominee/

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: Enugu Airport Should Be Shut Down Immediately — Ministerial Nominee by Ebukawaylaid(m): 9:36pm On Jul 26, 2019
smiley
Re: Enugu Airport Should Be Shut Down Immediately — Ministerial Nominee by gaetano: 10:11pm On Jul 26, 2019
Is it not the responsibility of the FG to fix the runway. Why didn't they close Abuja Airport, why did they fix it?
Anti igbo sentiment kill una dia

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu Airport Should Be Shut Down Immediately — Ministerial Nominee by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 26, 2019
gaetano:
Is it not the responsibility of the FG to fix the runway. Why didn't they close Abuja Airport, why did they fix it?
Anti igbo sentiment kill una dia
Dont mind the incompetent APC nominee

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport Should Be Shut Down Immediately — Ministerial Nominee by selemempe: 10:26pm On Jul 26, 2019
CGMedia:
“Whoever is the next minister will contend with that because this is safety. Enugu Airport will be dear to the next minister. That is my personal opinion. We are very jealous of that city and the airport.”
this is the main thing she said. These blood suckers always wanting to keep igbos down

Why not repair the run way? Why close it?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Should Be Shut Down Immediately — Ministerial Nominee by MetaPhysical: 11:30pm On Jul 26, 2019
Homeless people in Enugu have taken over highway, building shanties and rickshaws on tarmac. Village people don turn taxiway to sleeping bunker. Shyyyte!!

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Should Be Shut Down Immediately — Ministerial Nominee by aolawale025: 12:07am On Jul 27, 2019
Fix the runway

(1) (Reply)

Who Will Be In Charge Of Nigeria Today? / BREAKING: Guber Election: Court Bars APC From Fielding Candidate In Bayelsa / Dr. Godwin Maduka Storms Sheraton Hotel To Receive His "Man Of Year" Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.