Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

My House Girl Is A Petty Thief - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My House Girl Is A Petty Thief (2166 Views)

My Girl Is Stressing Me. What Should I Do Please? (photo) / My Funny Experience With A Petty Trader And Her Debtor. / House Girl Peeps While Husband And Wife Were Having Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by janey1984: 9:32pm On Jul 26, 2019
I try to be very brief

I am staying with this girl from Kaduna, 14yrs of age. She is supposed to be in elementary 5 but was demoted to elementary 4 when she came to my house on february because she isn't intelligent enough.

I have 3 kids, 2 boys and a girl. My first child is 5+, that necessitate the need for a helper.

At first I start notice she lies at every chance, petty tapping (stealing from the pot,from fruit and cans in the fridge), to picking monies from anywhere she sees them, withholding balance after little purchases in the house.

The big ones now are:
1. On Saturday before easter I can be from ATM with 25k, drop my bag in living room to go check what I need from the market, getting to the market I cldn't find 6k again, speedily back to the house, on sighting my presence she became uncomfortable, after s many talk and threat she refuse to admit, enter bath to ease on coming back my money is already back to my hand bag.

2. Lil sis visit last time, on the morning she supposed to travel back she pick her android phone, switched it off. It to over 3hrs before she admit and return the phone. Her journey postponed

3. Got a plumber to help fix something at home. She stole his sunshade, it took serious beating before she admit and return it.

Several instances of her negative attitude. Had to complain to her granny through which she can to my house, even to school. Yet

My fear is the influence her altitude is having and will have on my little ones.

Please what do I do as I am about sending her back to her people.

Every good advice will be appreciated.
Bashing is allowed, so far there is something to learn from it.
Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by adontcare(f): 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2019
Please send her away

6 Likes

Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by Logobenz1: 9:40pm On Jul 26, 2019
Go and hire proper help and stop abusing children.
Jesus Christ!
If I say what I intend to say,you will surely commit suicide.
Child abuser and molester.
How many times have you beaten your own children? undecided
She's even proud to say it took PROPER BEATING for her to confess.
In your effort to acquire an almost free slave,you simply got the kind of reaction you deserve.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by DBestDoc(f): 9:44pm On Jul 26, 2019
She could be kleptomaniac and trying to get her out of that habit will be a hell lot of work.

Please send her back and save yourself the drama.

4 Likes

Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by Olorunnim: 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2019
Send her back, Eyan good news ati Felix ni.
Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by delugajackson: 9:54pm On Jul 26, 2019
You're not even ashamed to tell us that you're enslaving a 14 year old girl.

2 Likes

Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 26, 2019
Kleptomaniac is the word.

1 Like

Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by catwalq(f): 10:12pm On Jul 26, 2019
You actually pay a 14yr old to do your chores

Anyways, if she were your child there would definitely be no option of sending her back. So, love her outta the habit, I'd even suggest you be more generous with her,don't just punish her when she steals,explain to her that its wrong. It's not easy but if you're willing, you can do it.

Good luck!!
Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by spongeisback: 10:16pm On Jul 26, 2019
Madam go and hire an adult. A 14 year old girl isn't suppose to be a "house girl". It's Child Abuse.

2 Likes

Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 26, 2019
A 14-year old shouldn't be a housegirl, but in a country where 10-year olds are sent to hawk on roads, why am I surprised? Child labour is a big problem in Nigeria.
Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by Generalwoodz(m): 10:21pm On Jul 26, 2019
Klepto...
There's nothing you can do here again.The way forword is her way home

1 Like

Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by TheeDetective: 10:31pm On Jul 26, 2019
Why have you hired a 14 year old child to be a house help? undecided(Very good that some others have called you out on that); Just incase you don't know, it is called CHILD ABUSE . IF THERE WERE NO MAIDS, WOULD YOU NOT DO YOUR CHORES YOURSELF? undecided. That said, GO AND HIRE AN ADULT TO DO YOUR CHORES FOR YOU SINCE YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO DO THEM YOURSELF. As you are eagerly waiting to hear from NLanders to send her away, you have got the verdict so far; hence, you can do just that. One more thing, you have no right to put your hands on another persons’ child. If anything should happen to her whilst you are beating her, your eyes will clear.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by anthonyuncle(m): 10:33pm On Jul 26, 2019
and u left her in ur house to type dz...

u better send her back before ur family will appear on front page for a sad reason
Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by chieyine(m): 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2019
Madam return that small girl back to her parents.
You are actually committing child abuse and child labour. There are professional House Helps. You can find one and hire.

And most times the reason she might be stealing is because you arent taking care of her enough. Either you give her very small food and still subject her to inhumane treatment.

Return her to her parents

2 Likes

Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by neoG(f): 10:42pm On Jul 26, 2019
She might not change. For the sake of ur kids who are I their molding stage, please send her back.
Send her back cos u are abusing the child by beating her in the manner. If your kids were way older I would have advised u to take her and try see if u cld correct this faulty character that she has.

Get your raw undiluted perfume oils and yoni pearls @ 1k for vaginal infection issues
Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by emilas1979(m): 11:12pm On Jul 26, 2019
All these helpers ehhh.
If only women would learn to take care of their homes. Manage your schedules with your husband in respect for each other, lots would have been avoided.

Madam please please and please
I take God beg you, Send her home
ASA possible, to avoid tides turning
against you.

Manage your family and time.
Don't think 3 kids are that Mich that
you must need maid.

Again, send her home..
Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by drmikeadams(m): 11:49pm On Jul 26, 2019
grin grin she disppeared grin grin house help kee u there
Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by Nobody: 2:45am On Jul 27, 2019
I wouldn't be so quick to label her a kleptomaniac.

1. Kleptomaniacs usually steal in public places, but the housegirl's stealing occurs in the home. She might end up stealing in public places, however, I'm not going by what might be, but what is, as described by the OP. Many celebrities [Wynona Ryder, Amanda Bynes, Lindsey Lohan, and a number of others] have struggled with this mental disorder in the past, stealing in public settings.

2. Kleptomaniacs can usually afford what they steal / money is not an issue for them, but this is not the case w| the housegirl. She wouldn't be a housegirl in the first place if she had money / is from a wealthy background. Now take a look at what she steals: food/fruits from the pot and fridge, money, phone, sunglasses. These are things she needs as well as wants. This is not typically of kleptomaniacs who steal things that often have no value or use to them. The housegirl is stealing b|c she's not being fed well in the house and is likely earning peanuts from this child-labouring job.

AwkaetitiBabe:
Kleptomaniac is the word.
Generalwoodz:
Klepto...
There's nothing you can do here again.The way forword is her way home

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by emilas1979(m): 4:29am On Jul 27, 2019
Nwa Umudunu iji ya
Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by janey1984: 4:49am On Jul 27, 2019
theButterfly:

1. Kleptomaniacs usually steal in public places, but the housegirl's stealing occurs in the home. She might end up stealing in public places, however, I'm not going by what might be, but what is, as described by the OP. Many celebrities [Wynona Ryder, Amanda Bynes, Lindsey Lohan, and a number of others have struggled with this mental disorder in the past, stealing in public settings].

2. Kleptomaniacs can usually afford what they steal / money is not an issue for them, but this is not the case w| the housegirl. She wouldn't be a housegirl in the first place if she had money / is from a wealthy background. Now take a look at what she steals: food/fruits from the pot and fridge, money, phone, sunglasses. These are things she needs as well as wants. This is not typically of kleptomaniacs who steal things that often have no value or use to them. This housegirl is stealing b|c she's not being fed well in the house and is likely earning peanuts from this child-labouring job.

Of a truth she earn no salary
I am training her in school, same school with my children.
Feed her with same food like everyone in the house.
But on inquiry I found out from her grandfather that she has been like that since childhood. At a time they her to a native doctor who prepared concoction and give and instructed she taste nothing till the next day. But before day break she stole bread.according to them the bread destroy the potency of the concoction she took.

Only reason I held on till now is to see if I can help her. She's a product of a babymama,she doesn't know the father. The mother is staying in PH, she in Abj with grandparent.

She wasn't going to school before I brought her in. Reason she is in elementary 4 @14yrs.

So no salary.

Thanks everyone for all the advice so far

2 Likes

Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by Logobenz1: 4:57am On Jul 27, 2019
janey1984:

But on inquiry I found out from her grandfather that she has been like that since childhood. At a time they her to a native doctor who prepared concoction and give and instructed she taste nothing till the next day. But before day break she stole bread.according to them the bread destroy the potency of the concoction she took.

Only reason I held on till now is to see if I can help her. She's a product of a babymama,she doesn't know the father. The mother is staying in PH, she in Abj with grandparent.

She wasn't going to school before I brought her in. Reason she is in elementary 4 @14yrs.

So no salary.

ok.
Do not be violent to her but take her like your own.
Feed her like every other person at home if you can,while drawing that line of the things she is supposed to do around the house.
It's not that hard,but for hatred amongst people who aren't blood.i know wink
I have an aunt that has a girl of about 19 at her house and if you go there,you won't know those girls aren't hers.they are 2 girls actually.
They do what they are supposed to do,while they still go to acquire vocational skills in a tailoring shop close to their house..
It is called being a compassionate human being,not a slave master undecided
I know it will be hard for you since you are such a slave master with thorny whip in hand but just try..
My own blood sister use to do same,I stopped visiting her house since 2 years ago.otherwise I might react otherwise,which won't be good!
Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by sisisioge: 5:00am On Jul 27, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin

Return her to her parents before she upgrades to getting an organised gang to rub you or your neighbours!

1 Like

Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by yeyeosoronga: 5:43am On Jul 27, 2019
theButterfly:

1. Kleptomaniacs usually steal in public places, but the housegirl's stealing occurs in the home. She might end up stealing in public places, however, I'm not going by what might be, but what is, as described by the OP. Many celebrities [Wynona Ryder, Amanda Bynes, Lindsey Lohan, and a number of others have struggled with this mental disorder in the past, stealing in public settings].

2. Kleptomaniacs can usually afford what they steal / money is not an issue for them, but this is not the case w| the housegirl. She wouldn't be a housegirl in the first place if she had money / is from a wealthy background. Now take a look at what she steals: food/fruits from the pot and fridge, money, phone, sunglasses. These are things she needs as well as wants. This is not typically of kleptomaniacs who steal things that often have no value or use to them. This housegirl is stealing b|c she's not being fed well in the house and is likely earning peanuts from this child-labouring job.

She's not just stealing food or money to buy food. I doubt if this has anything to with not being fed properly. Imagine stealing sunglasses/phone of a visitor? To go and pose with it when she gets back to her family.
She just has that filthy habit of stealing, and I'm sure it didn't start in OP's house.

1 Like

Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by Logobenz1: 5:47am On Jul 27, 2019
yeyeosoronga:

She's not just stealing food or money to buy food. I doubt if this has anything to with not being fed properly. Imagine stealing sunglasses/phone of a visitor? To go and pose with it when she gets back to her family.
She just has that filthy habit of stealing, and I'm sure it didnt start in OPs house.
you think like a rapist,are you? undecided
Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by yeyeosoronga: 5:59am On Jul 27, 2019
OP, return her to her family. Employ an adult to do your chores.
Don't let her corrupt your children.
Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by yeyeosoronga: 6:00am On Jul 27, 2019
Logobenz1:
you think like a rapist,are you? undecided

You think like a retard, are you?

2 Likes

Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by Logobenz1: 6:01am On Jul 27, 2019
yeyeosoronga:

You think like a retard, are you?
just following your footsteps,since retardedness runs in your family and you adopted me cheesy
Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by yeyeosoronga: 6:03am On Jul 27, 2019
Logobenz1:
just following your footsteps,since retardedness runs in your family and you adopted me cheesy

You're just like a bungalow, with nothing upstairs. A product of a wasted generation

3 Likes

Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by Logobenz1: 6:10am On Jul 27, 2019
yeyeosoronga:

You're just like a bungalow, with nothing upstairs. A product of a wasted generation
really dad?
Remember you always told me as your son that I am your mirror image in everything,except a little better.
So if I am a bungalow with nothing upstairs,then what are you dad?
A half metre foundation perhaps sad
I love you dad,you bring out the emptiness in me,just like you are empty kiss

1 Like

Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by yeyeosoronga: 6:14am On Jul 27, 2019
Logobenz1:
really dad?
Remember you always told me as your son that I am your mirror image in everything,except a little better.
So if I am a bungalow with nothing upstairs,then what are you dad?
A half metre foundation perhaps sad
I love you dad,you bring out the emptiness in me,just like you are empty kiss

Go and look for your father, young man. I am not your father. Go and ask your mother the details of your birth.

3 Likes

Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by Logobenz1: 6:18am On Jul 27, 2019
yeyeosoronga:

Go and look for your father, young man. I am not your father. Go and ask your mother the details of your birth.
Of course you can't be my biological father na.don't flatter yourself.
You are just my father in retardedness smiley
Re: My House Girl Is A Petty Thief by lilyheaven: 7:18am On Jul 27, 2019
embarassed
Please send her back, your children morals are at stake.
janey1984:

So no salary.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Women Divorcees Still Bear Their Ex Husband's Name After Divorce / House clearance sales,Ibadan and environs only / 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.