Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,354 members, 7,829,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency (26472 Views)

Sanwo-Olu: Lagosians Will Miss My Government If Denied Second Term (Video) / Junaid Mohammed: Igbos Can Go To Hell If Denied 2023 Presidency, Nobody Will Beg / Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by Unik3030: 10:25am On Jul 27, 2019
muykem:
Igbo had a peculiar problem and couldn't survive in the present Nigeria. They are proud, overate themself and under rate other. How can a man of such age still think that you can threaten your way to presidency?
thats d bitter truth, igbos believe building bridges is ass licking they believe forming ally is slavery. so let's see how far they can go with their pride

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by puresaint(m): 10:25am On Jul 27, 2019
Longest may you life...

Wise man
Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by namiji2598: 10:26am On Jul 27, 2019
fiizznation:
Nobody is going to give you anything Mr man. If you guys want Nigeria's( zoo according to some deluded folks) presidency, then you sure have to contest for it like every other Nigerian. You don't just wake up from whatever silly sleep that you had and start threatening everybody. Doesn't work that way and won't work that way either.

The northerners have every right to contest in 2023 because we never signed any useless deal with anybody that only southerners will be allowed to contest in 2023. And if the 2 major political parties aren't willing to give a northerner their ticket in 2023, other political parties will be available. I just don't understand this stupid talk of "2023 is the turn of the south". So any ambitious northerner shouldn't vie for the presidency office in 2023 because of what exactly?
even if the PDP and APC refused to sell their tickets to northerner and they go for AAC they will win
Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by Jamesbally: 10:29am On Jul 27, 2019
Trash.
Igbo's will never rule this Country.
Quote me anywhere.

10 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by donprinyo(m): 10:29am On Jul 27, 2019
Come to southeast and tell me if de federal roads dere are part of Nigeria. Wake up Sir
Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by tigerclaws: 10:29am On Jul 27, 2019
[s]
35824L:
What is to envy in your gully eroded enclave grin
[/s]
Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by Lekanboii: 10:29am On Jul 27, 2019
Ndigbo with mumu leaders... old man with old brain

6 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by bkool7(m): 10:30am On Jul 27, 2019
janey1984:
Oga u Don old
Leave that side
IBO's no be yoloba wet sabi chest beating
2023 still far.
One step at a time.

Hypocrite, who's chestbeating now?

3 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by colestephan86: 10:30am On Jul 27, 2019
Antoeni:
Elder statesman and former governor of Anambra State, Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife has said that no Igbo man will still claim Nigerian citizenship if the South East zone is not supported to produce the nation’s president in 2023. In this interview with WILLY EYA, he was emphatic that denying the East the chance to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari in 2023 will be too dangerous for the unity of the country.

A major issue of concern to every Nigerian today is the increasing level of insecurity of lives and property in the country today; as a senior citizen of this country, how do you feel?

I think our traditional leaders including the Obas, Obis, Emirs and others from other areas should hold some kind of summit. It is necessary that the herdsmen are spoken to properly. Whatever happens, they are the final losers in the game, however way it ends. If they think that they are the leaders and whatever they want will happen, and they talk with some kind of arrogance, nobody enjoys beeing talked down on. They should also partner with churches and mosques to find a solution to the challenges we are facing as a country. What is happening now is very bad. I heard that about two people this morning were kidnapped in Anambra and I heard one was asked to bring N1.5 million and the second person asked to bring several millions as ransom. Such a development is not good for the country. When the British, our colonial masters left Nigeria, the Fulani had a very good name. Now, I am sure that three years from now, that is if it will be that long, some people will become hated so much that nobody will like to see them and it is not good for anybody to fall into that category. I do not want my people to be so hated and I do not also want the Fulani to be so hated. Anybody who feels he is enjoying the situation now is not realistic; it is not an enjoyable situation. We appeal to individual groups to sue for calm and we should also be talking to God with regards to the situation we find ourselves in Nigeria.

Do you agree with those who insist that the style of leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari is the cause of the crises we are having especially in the security situation in the country?
There are many things going on and some people say he is doing what he is doing because he is the patron of the Miyetti Allah. All these things should be corrected for the future of the country.

One of the narratives coming from some groups and prominent northerners is that southerners, especially the Igbo, are enjoying in the North whereas they make their place (South) uncomfortable for the herders. What is your reaction to that?

Everybody knows the truth. People may pretend but everybody knows the truth. The Igbo man is comfortable in Japan, China, United States, any part of the world. No matter the condition of any place they find themselves, they try to survive there. Anybody making that kind of insinuation knows that Nigeria has fully benefitted from the Igbo man. The Igbo man believes in Nigeria and helps in developing the country. We should all approach what is happening in Nigeria today with an open mind.

So many prominent Northerners are already flying a kite that power will not come down South in 2023 after President Buhari would have spent eight years in office. As a statesman from the South East zone which is yet to have a shot at the presidency since 1999, what is your take on the projection?

It is easy to pontificate. There will be no Igbo citizenship of Nigeria if in 2023, the South East is not given serious chance to produce the president of this country. After being given a serious chance and we could not make it, that could be understood but if anybody begins to say that there is no chance in 2023, that will be very dangerous.

The argument by some people is that the Igbo are not playing good politics by always putting their eggs in one basket. The explanation is that the region has always identified with the PDP and should not expect anything from the APC government?

I do not know how many baskets there are. People who want to follow their minds would always do so. In the 2019 presidential election, the PDP presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar who everybody knows where he comes from, became an original Igbo man. How could anybody have called on the Igbo to divide themselves and vote one part for Atiku and the other for President Buhari. The Igbo did not vote for one party actually. They voted for both the PDP and the APC but we followed our minds just like we followed former President Goodluck Jonathan. We cannot begin to pretend not to know where we want to go. What I am saying is that when it is our turn, let them vote for us, that is all.

But with the picture you are seeing in the country today, what do you think is the future of Nigeria?

I am sure you know me. For very good reasons, especially being an economist, I believe in one Nigeria. I prefer one Nigeria. Therefore, I believe that instead of having miniature countries called Nigeria, I prefer that Nigeria is a big country where there is peace and where the market is as large as it is and where individuals are at peace with one another. This is what I am thinking. In such a situation, nobody loses. The way I am thinking is the same way other Igbo are thinking about it; they crave for a peaceful large area.

How did the suspension of the controversial Ruga settlement policy come to you? I ask this question because many are calling for outright cancellation of the plan to forestall the backlash over fears of its long term implication on the areas where they are established.

I think there are many mistakes being made by this administration. We have a law which entrusted the land to the state governors and not to the president of the country. Therefore, if we follow our own law which we gave ourselves, it will be better, instead of looking for land that does not belong to the Federal Government.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/ndigbo-will-cease-to-be-nigerians-if-denied-2023-presidency-ezeife/
Who else have noticed that it's only these people that makes this kind of statement in the entire country. If we don't get this, that will happen. Dickhead

9 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by Onlyonebuhari: 10:30am On Jul 27, 2019
Game of numbers?
Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by Lekanboii: 10:31am On Jul 27, 2019
puresaint:
Longest may you life...

Wise man
mumu man, why wait till 2023.. we don’t even know ur usefulness in dis country

4 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by wink2015(m): 10:38am On Jul 27, 2019
Antoeni:
Elder statesman and former governor of Anambra State, Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife has said that no Igbo man will still claim Nigerian citizenship if the South East zone is not supported to produce the nation’s president in 2023. In this interview with WILLY EYA, he was emphatic that denying the East the chance to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari in 2023 will be too dangerous for the unity of the country.

A major issue of concern to every Nigerian today is the increasing level of insecurity of lives and property in the country today; as a senior citizen of this country, how do you feel?

I think our traditional leaders including the Obas, Obis, Emirs and others from other areas should hold some kind of summit. It is necessary that the herdsmen are spoken to properly. Whatever happens, they are the final losers in the game, however way it ends. If they think that they are the leaders and whatever they want will happen, and they talk with some kind of arrogance, nobody enjoys beeing talked down on. They should also partner with churches and mosques to find a solution to the challenges we are facing as a country. What is happening now is very bad. I heard that about two people this morning were kidnapped in Anambra and I heard one was asked to bring N1.5 million and the second person asked to bring several millions as ransom. Such a development is not good for the country. When the British, our colonial masters left Nigeria, the Fulani had a very good name. Now, I am sure that three years from now, that is if it will be that long, some people will become hated so much that nobody will like to see them and it is not good for anybody to fall into that category. I do not want my people to be so hated and I do not also want the Fulani to be so hated. Anybody who feels he is enjoying the situation now is not realistic; it is not an enjoyable situation. We appeal to individual groups to sue for calm and we should also be talking to God with regards to the situation we find ourselves in Nigeria.

Do you agree with those who insist that the style of leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari is the cause of the crises we are having especially in the security situation in the country?
There are many things going on and some people say he is doing what he is doing because he is the patron of the Miyetti Allah. All these things should be corrected for the future of the country.

One of the narratives coming from some groups and prominent northerners is that southerners, especially the Igbo, are enjoying in the North whereas they make their place (South) uncomfortable for the herders. What is your reaction to that?

Everybody knows the truth. People may pretend but everybody knows the truth. The Igbo man is comfortable in Japan, China, United States, any part of the world. No matter the condition of any place they find themselves, they try to survive there. Anybody making that kind of insinuation knows that Nigeria has fully benefitted from the Igbo man. The Igbo man believes in Nigeria and helps in developing the country. We should all approach what is happening in Nigeria today with an open mind.

So many prominent Northerners are already flying a kite that power will not come down South in 2023 after President Buhari would have spent eight years in office. As a statesman from the South East zone which is yet to have a shot at the presidency since 1999, what is your take on the projection?

It is easy to pontificate. There will be no Igbo citizenship of Nigeria if in 2023, the South East is not given serious chance to produce the president of this country. After being given a serious chance and we could not make it, that could be understood but if anybody begins to say that there is no chance in 2023, that will be very dangerous.

The argument by some people is that the Igbo are not playing good politics by always putting their eggs in one basket. The explanation is that the region has always identified with the PDP and should not expect anything from the APC government?

I do not know how many baskets there are. People who want to follow their minds would always do so. In the 2019 presidential election, the PDP presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar who everybody knows where he comes from, became an original Igbo man. How could anybody have called on the Igbo to divide themselves and vote one part for Atiku and the other for President Buhari. The Igbo did not vote for one party actually. They voted for both the PDP and the APC but we followed our minds just like we followed former President Goodluck Jonathan. We cannot begin to pretend not to know where we want to go. What I am saying is that when it is our turn, let them vote for us, that is all.

But with the picture you are seeing in the country today, what do you think is the future of Nigeria?

I am sure you know me. For very good reasons, especially being an economist, I believe in one Nigeria. I prefer one Nigeria. Therefore, I believe that instead of having miniature countries called Nigeria, I prefer that Nigeria is a big country where there is peace and where the market is as large as it is and where individuals are at peace with one another. This is what I am thinking. In such a situation, nobody loses. The way I am thinking is the same way other Igbo are thinking about it; they crave for a peaceful large area.

How did the suspension of the controversial Ruga settlement policy come to you? I ask this question because many are calling for outright cancellation of the plan to forestall the backlash over fears of its long term implication on the areas where they are established.

I think there are many mistakes being made by this administration. We have a law which entrusted the land to the state governors and not to the president of the country. Therefore, if we follow our own law which we gave ourselves, it will be better, instead of looking for land that does not belong to the Federal Government.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/ndigbo-will-cease-to-be-nigerians-if-denied-2023-presidency-ezeife/

THE NORTHERN POLITICAL LEADERSHIP IS AFRAID OF RESTRUCTURING THAT WILL DEVOLVES MORE FEDERAL POWERS TO THE STATES OR THE REGION MAKING THEM TO LOOSE THE STRATEGIC ECONOMIC AND POLITICAL BENEFITS THE PRESENT UNITARY SYSTEM CONFERS ON THEM.

THEIR FEAR IS THAT IF AN IGBO MAN BECOME PRESIDENT HE OR SHE IS DEFINATELY GOING TO IMPLEMENT RESTRUCTURING AND THEY ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THAT POSITION.

THEY STILL PREFER THE ONE KOBO THAT THEY ARE GETTING FROM CRUDE OIL SALES FROM INDIA OUR MAJOR CRUDE OIL BUYER FOR NOW WHILE THEY LAZY ABOUT NEGLECTING THEIR GOD GIVEN AGRICULTURE.

THE NORTHERN MASSES HAVE BEEN SO BRAINWASHED BY THEIR POLITICAL LEADERS AS TO THINK THAT THEIR DESTINY LIES IN THE SOUTH.

BUT THIS IS ABSOLUTELY WRONG.

IF SARDUANA IS ALIVE TODAY HE WILL CERTAINLY SHAKE HIS HEAD IN DISBELIEF TO SEE THE BACKWARDNESS OF THE NORTH THAT HE FOUGHT SO HARD TO DEVELOP.

NORTHERN NIGERIA SHOULD RETURN BACK TO AGRICULTURE

LATE SIR AHMADU BELLO BELIEVES THAT THE NORTHERN REGION SHOULD BE ON THEIR OWN AND DEVELOP THEIR STRENGTH ON THEIR OWN RESOURCES.

But President Muhammadu Buhari is a FAR RIGHT Northerner who believes so much in ONE NIGERIA so long as they use it to MILK the south to the advantage of the north.

The consequences of the northern region refusing to accept restructuring of the federal structure is that Nigeria will continue to be plunge into endless crisis which will eventually leds to the disintegration of the country.

It is high time the 2014 national conference report is opened and implemented.

1 Like

Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by Iziquiel(m): 10:39am On Jul 27, 2019
kettykin:
igbos should simply sign peace pact with Niger delta and middle belt let me see the invaders that will come and stop the declaration if Biafra may 30th 2023
The declaration of the State of Biafra is now in 2023. Lol.
I no even know the Middle Belt you dey talk about.

3 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by lilyheaven: 10:39am On Jul 27, 2019
Chest beating
You become Cameronian

3 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by DSoj(m): 10:40am On Jul 27, 2019
Na today?

So we must say "Ndigbo, take presidency"
Lol. Just like that. Hahahahahahaha

Spoilt brats

5 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by toprealman: 10:41am On Jul 27, 2019
Foolish people, please talk about your family only. Feel free to answer whatever nationality you like.
If the war you are instigating breaks out......get ready to be at the forefront, backed by YOUR FAMILY ALONE!

4 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by lilyheaven: 10:42am On Jul 27, 2019
colestephan86:

Who else have noticed that it's only these people that makes this kind of statement in the entire country. If we don't get this, that will happen. Dickhead
Yet nothing happens.
Please dickhead is very very important, don't play around with it.

2 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by Iziquiel(m): 10:42am On Jul 27, 2019
Nobody owes you anything, if you want it work for it.

7 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by CaptBabosa: 10:43am On Jul 27, 2019
I do not blame okwadike for his comments. It's really disheartening to see a group of people gang up to upress and suppress their neighbors whom are supposed to be brothers in the same country and should have equal rights and privileges to be president if desired. The north and west alliance to continue to throw their weight on only hausa/yoruba presidential candidates is really annoying. I don't want to see Nigeria break as for me every minority group tiv , idoma , ibibio or nupe should have equal rights to be president. Shouldn't be Igbo hausa and Yoruba affair alone.
Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by namiji2598: 10:43am On Jul 27, 2019
Corrosiveman:
I am not a secessionist but truth be told nobody is
Given Us Presidency on a Platter of gold.
Nigeria knows that Igbo Votes are sizeable
My Advice to Ohanaeze is that they should seek
For Secession though it may be a hard pill
To swallow but it is the Best Option.

Tinubu's men are already in the federal house.
Besides if APC fields a South West Candidate
PDP would field a northerner leaving Igbos
To Nothing.

I advise the Ohanaeze to seek for Secession now
You are not only doing yourself a favour
But also your future generations.

If you are an Igbo man still doing Business or Building
Houses outside Igbo land then that is left for you.

Nobody in the federal government would
Restructure Nigeria for you
❤️❤️❤️
✔️✔️✔️The truth is here with u bro
Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by kettykin: 10:44am On Jul 27, 2019
Iziquiel:

The declaration of the State of Biafra is now in 2023. Lol.
I no even know the Middle Belt you dey talk about.
If Nigeria has the audacity to deny igbos a fair representation at the highest office in the country then may the fate of Nigeria be worse than that of a war torn Aleppo in Syria
Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by kettykin: 10:45am On Jul 27, 2019
CaptBabosa:
I do not blame okwadike for his comments. It's really disheartening to see a group of people gang up to upress and suppress their neighbors whom are supposed to be brothers in the same country and should have equal rights and privileges to be president if desired. The north and west alliance to continue to throw their weight on only hausa/yoruba presidential candidates is really annoying. I don't want to see Nigeria break as for me every minority group tiv , idoma , ibibio or nupe should have equal rights to be president. Shouldn't be Igbo hausa and Yoruba affair alone.

They are doing so because we allowed them. Igbos should wake up and deal mercilessly with this useless, good for nothing Nigeria and Nigerians .

I was one of the biggest critics of Nnamdi kanu, i so much hated his guts and viewed him as a troublemaker. But i have since realised this man was saying the truth and must have been God sent. Nigeria is worse than a zoo.

2 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by MachadoPreto: 10:46am On Jul 27, 2019
grin grin grin grin

Comedy!

2 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by Elemosho478: 10:46am On Jul 27, 2019
Stingman:

Igbos has less misery than the Yoruba and the Hausa fulani and you know it.

Igbo wants equality, justice and freedom for all.

Igbo hates quota system, federal character and the development of SW and north for 50 years while other parts are abandoned.

Using the poverty rating below...you will see that you have more misery and it will continue...irrespective of the support from the federal government.

--------------------------------------------------------

List of 9 pilot test states for the poorest Nigerians, the poor receive N5,000 handout.

Bauchi, Borno, Kwara , Kogi , Niger - North

Cross River - South South

Ekiti , Osun and Oyo - South West

Nil - South East

You mean the states that care about the poor people in their region and included them in a program to help them while the Governors in your region don't give a fuucck about how you are doing ? grin

8 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by namiji2598: 10:46am On Jul 27, 2019
Corrosiveman:

Besides if APC fields a South West Candidate
PDP would field a northerner leaving Igbos
To Nothing.

APC may go with TINUBU
While PDP might go with ATIKU
Though the above mentioned can't be right

And then if atiku goes with Peter obi, then for sure tinubu is gonna choose a VP from north so as to capture more northern vote, and that's gonna be a war of votes

1 Like

Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by bosco2017: 10:47am On Jul 27, 2019
Antoeni:
Why wait till then. I am surprised that you can not use your age, intelligence, position to guide and direct/advance the Igbo man's course rather you resort to fanning the embers of war and separation at your age. No wonder you never governed well during your time

shut up .Ezeife said it correctly . Igbos ll have no business with Nigeria if presidency goes to North or west
Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by kettykin: 10:51am On Jul 27, 2019
bosco2017:

shut up .Ezeife said it correctly . Igbos ll have no business with Nigeria if presidency goes to North or west

My brother igbos should be warming up to teach Nigeria its biggest lesson in 2023.
Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by stephen12118(m): 10:54am On Jul 27, 2019
U can't be given president by threatening others,every person has the right to contest any position in this country if u wish,presidency is not given,but a contest.

1 Like

Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by Justiceleague1: 10:55am On Jul 27, 2019
This is where you will see all sorts of headless chickens and noise making coneheaded structures... Everything Igbo is of interest to them...
When arewa made similar statements that Buhari hasn't really been a good northerner,that they will look for another northerner come 2023 to replace him, nobody from among these irritating accursed coneheaded structures spoke a word. No ewedu ZomB said anything.
But look at them on here giving speech simply cos the word Igbo is now something like someone snatching their beloved amala..

grin

Lzaa immhotep bastardmod adeibeku

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency by vixpal: 10:57am On Jul 27, 2019
This man is a clown

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Npdp May Defect To PDP This Week / How We Were Attacked At Ambode's House – EFCC / IGP Adamu Seeks N24.8bn To Fuel Vehicles, Motorcycles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.